Start by marking “The Secret She Can't Hide” as Want to Read:
The Secret She Can't Hide

The Secret She Can't Hide

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  439 ratings  ·  28 reviews
World-famous racing driver Cristiano Maresca "always" spent the night before a race in the arms of a beautiful woman...One night three years ago that woman was Kate Edwards, and her time with Cristiano awakened her to unimaginable pleasure. But the following day the untamable Cristiano had a near-fatal crash...and then Kate discovered she was expecting his baby....

Now Mont...more
Paperback, Large Print, 256 pages
Published May 24th 2011 by Harlequin (first published December 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Secret She Can't Hide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret She Can't Hide

Empty Net by Toni AleoTrying to Score by Toni AleoDaddy's Game by Normandie AllemanBlue Lines by Toni AleoFalling for the Backup by Toni Aleo
sports romance
172nd out of 189 books — 158 voters
Flat-Out Sexy by Erin McCarthyHard and Fast by Erin McCarthyHot Finish by Erin McCarthyThe Chase by Erin McCarthyHappy Hour by Shey Stahl
Car Racing Romance Books
66th out of 152 books — 99 voters

More lists with this book...

Booklover
Excellent spectacular read,a sorrowful roller coaster love story ,both Cristiano-Kate have their own fears and they need to overcome those fears come together love together n be happy together

Kate Edwards couldn't believe she had spent the most amazing night with the famous Christiano Marseca. They had not just shared passion, they talked about their pasts, something this Italian playboy never did and it was special for both of them. However, thinking about her while racing his car ended in a cr...more
RLA
4.5 stars.

The heroine Kate hears that racing driver Cristiano, the hero, is about to return after a long recuperation following a very bad crash a few years back, and she knows that now is the time to tell him that their glorious night together resulted in their son. However when she finally gets the courage to approach him Cristiano doesn't know who she is, so she decides not to bother. Cristiano has no memory of Kate but senses something between them so, desperate to regain parts of his lost...more
Alex is The Romance Fox
I didn’t want this book to end!!!! I have always loved India Grey’s books but “Her Last Night of Innocence” is by far my favorite one. I loved reading about Cristiano Maresco, a famous, gorgeous, rich race car driver and Kate Edwards, a shy virgin who doesn’t believe that she is beautiful and is unable to understand how a man like him could ever even look her way!!!

Their story is filled with pain, sorrow, love and the joy of finding each other’s true soul mates after so many obstacles that faced...more
Ana
Kate couldn't believe that happened to her. She was supposed to interview the famous car racer, but they connected. They talked about themselves, something Christiano rarely did, and one thing led to another and they finished in bed. It would've been a happy ending, if Christiano didn't have a car crash on the track next morning that resulted in memory loss. So when Kate couldn't get to him she went home, heartbroken and pregnant.

Kate has had some tragedies in her life. Both her father and her b...more
Melanie♥
3.5 stars. My first time to read an HP by India Grey. Very enjoyable, but with a few loose ends and in need of an epilogue. I wanted to know if there were any consequences for the PA who seemingly kept the knowledge of his son from him. His sudden abandonment of his career for his family felt rushed. Will definitely read more from this new-to-me author.
Kate
Overall rating -- 3.75 stars

I know it sometimes can spoil the drama, but I usually like to know at least a little of each characters big secret at the beginning, and this book does that very well (she had his secret baby, he has amnesia). Plus, he reveals his secret to her pretty early on, which makes him much less of a jerk.

I liked both of the main characters and well as her friends. Plus, the son is well written. (I really hate it when an author uses "kid speak" when writing a child. A little...more
Ladyacct
I've only read a couple of books by this author but haven't had a 'bad' story yet. Will always grab for this author's books just to check out.

It's always good to at least expect a good short from someone for the $5 you will be spending.
Michelle Styles
India Grey is one of the best newer authors in the Modern series line and her books keep getting better.
Jenny
This started off well, but I couldn't buy into Cristiano and Kate’s relationship. It moved a little slowly at times. The descriptions and internal monologues seem to just drag on and on. This is my 2nd book to read by this author and I have noticed that she has nice ideas plot-wise but the end result is flat and monotonous. The lame sex scenes and the bad epilogue didn't help either.
Tia
I read this under the other title and I did like the novel but I found it sad that it took so much effort to try and tell the hero that he had a son. I mean talk about overkill. It was sad in that aspect.
Rebeca
This book was perfectly entertaining except for the derogatory view of race car driving. I'm not a fan of racing myself, but I don't like when entire professions are dismissed so summarily.
Sincere

blurb from goodreads
before a race in the arms of a beautiful woman…

One night three years ago that woman was Kate Edwards, and her time with Cristiano awakened her to unimaginable pleasure. But the following day the untamable Cristiano had a near-fatal crash…and then Kate discovered she was expecting his baby….

Now Monte Carlo is set to celebrate Cristiano's return to the track. Shivering with nerves, Kate braves the paparazzi to find the man who set her body aflame—and tell him her scandalous s
Sheyla-
Kate fell for a race car driver, Cristiano, four years ago. He was in a near fatal accident on the track after they spend a wonderful night together.
Four years have passed and Kate has a son. She will not move on with her life until she knows there is no possibility of a family with Cristiano. She has tried to contact him on several occasions without much luck, until she gets invited to his return to the track party.
They see each other, he follows her and they spend sometime together in a cabin....more
Beate
This is one book I wish was longer. I actually liked these characters. A lot.

It was a nice change to read about a race car driver instead of the numerous Greek tycoons. And I love this author's style. She has a good and clear language, her characters are warm and likable, and the plot is actually believable. These characters are "normal" unlike the tycoons who have mountains and mountains of money.

Once I started reading this one, it was impossible to put down the book. If I were a writer, this i...more
sbf20112011
Not a bad one, and not quite as dark as some others by India Grey. The premise that everything changed for Cristiano after their first night together wasn't very realistic to me. And really the idea that they were in love with each other in the end isn't very believable either if I think about it, but I was able to suspend disbelief and go with it.
Tatania
I love the story!!
The sweet cristian
Oh cristiano
If only the author made alexander cuter than he is now
Well i didn't expect the ending would be he lose one and then gain another
I thought he'd get along with both. Life and racing
Short but such a lovely story
Lisa-Marie
this is my 2nd book to read by this author, i have to say i just dont understand why she has to kill or make so many people ill. i was not even going to give her a 2nd chance and i should have stuck with that. sad story the end was basically happy.
Marina
I was surprised by how much I really liked this book. I just wish it was longer.
Toni Davids
Fabulous. One of fave Moderns of all time. India Grey at her very best.
Glynda Roy
So good. I love Harlequin for a good romance infusion quick.
WritingMood
I would give this a 3.5 but that wasn't an option.
R
did not like the end very much
Shantia Davis
Good Read. Lots of romance.
SheLove2Read
secret baby plot
Kimychan 877
Kimychan 877 marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
  • Scandal: Unclaimed Love-Child
  • Strangers in the Desert (The Al Dhakir Brothers #1)
  • Marriage Made on Paper
  • The Greek's Christmas Baby (Kouros Brothers Duo, #2 & Greek Tycoons, #3)
  • A Dark Sicilian Secret
  • The Heir from Nowhere
  • Tempestuous Reunion
  • Reckless Night In Rio
  • In Christofides' Keeping (Modern)
  • A Spanish Awakening
  • The Twelve Nights of Christmas
  • His Unknown Heir
  • Forgotten Mistress, Secret Love-Child (Regally Wed) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #98)
  • Too Proud to be Bought
India Grey was born in England, UK. A self-confessed romance junkie, she was just thirteen years old when she first sent away for the Mills & Boon Writers' Guidelines. She can still recall the thrill of getting the large brown envelope with its distinctive logo through the letterbox, and subsequently whiled away many a dull school-day staring out the window and dreaming of the perfect hero. Sh...more
More about India Grey...
Craving the Forbidden (The Fitzroy Legacy #1) Emily and the Notorious Prince (The Balfour Brides #3) The Society Wife Powerful Italian, Penniless Housekeeper Taken For Revenge, Bedded For Pleasure