Start by marking “One Last Night” as Want to Read:
One Last Night

One Last Night (The Sabbatini Brothers #2)

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  468 ratings  ·  34 reviews
When Maya met Giorgio Sabbatini, he married the penniless waif and stray despite her inferior breeding. So her decision to divorce him now is made with a heavy heart. Giorgio belongs to a notorious blue-blooded family, and their duty to maintain its lineage is unquestioning. Unable to give him the heir he craves, Maya knows she has to walk away.

But the ink on their divorce

Mass Market Paperback, 192 pages
Published May 24th 2011 by Harlequin (first published December 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about One Last Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Last Night

Marajean
This book is the same basic idea asThe Marcolini Blackmail Marriage (Marcolini Men, #1).

Maya and Giorgio married for babies, never had any and are now separated going to be divorced. They had a night of sex when his brother got married and now Maya's pregnant. She's suffered through many a miscarriage and has never carried a baby past 8 weeks so she's afraid to do anything to jinx this one.

They pretend to reconcile because Giorgio's grandfather is dying and he wants them to be together again. W
Booklover
Excellent read

Giorgio Sabbatini married Maya cause he wanted to secure his inherirance,his father was on death bed and his wish was to see him settled n see his greanchild,the heir of Sabbatini empire so Giorgio married Maya for his father's sake and money and Maya married him cause she loved him and hoped that he will also come to love her,its been 5 years and they both are miserable in their marriage,Maya had 4 miscarriages and she deeply mourned the death of each child and Giorgio he was also
Becky
I was about to list all the hanging threads on this one and then saw that. Marajean already did! There was some really fishy things from the hero. His father was a cheater too. It feels like the author might have been writing her usual story where hero sleeps with other women and then realized that six months plus the open lack of love would make it very unromantic. But I liked that hero was faithful and that he had a fairly decent excuse for being on the cold side. Childhood trauma (this one wa ...more
Merve  Özcan

Kitabın tüm konusu adama " Seni Seviyorum, Maya" dedirtmekti. İnananabiliyor musunuz? Gittim 192 sayfa boyunca, ben, boş boş bunu okudum. Allahtan seçerek başlamadım, kafamı duvarlara vururdum.

Nasıl mı başlasım? Kitaplarıma bakıyordum ve bu kitap açıkldı, ilk cümleye baştım, ikinciye, üçüncüye...

Kitapta Maya ve Giorgio adlı bir çiftin boşanma aşamasıyla başlıyor, sonra Maya hamile kalıyor. Çiftimiz ilişkilerini yürütme kararı alıyor. Biz, bu arada Giorgio'
Carmen Marie
What can I say...I love these books! This book focused on Giorgio and Maya...the oldest Sabbatini brother..and the stuggles they faced in their marrigage and almost divorce. I absolutely love the way Melanie Milburne weaves this tale that gives you the insight to their past as well as the heartbreaking troubles of right now that leave you wanting love to conquer all. Can wait til I can get my hands on more of Melanie's books!!!
Elle
rating - 3-3.5!
I really liked this book! It was very touching!
Danielle
Desere
Review also available on : www.romancing-the-book.com

We have all at some point falling in love and really trusted the other person,but then it all comes crashing down and the truth and real intentions on the other person is revealed. It seems your life is over,you have failed and there is noting left and surely things cant get any worse.

Vanessa
Romancing the Book
Review by Desere:

This is the actual situation for Maya Sabbatini, she went from rags to riches after meeting powerful,domination and sexy Giorgio Sabbatini. She had it all and the only thing missing was a baby to c
Lost_withinbooks (Amy)
So far as i read this book Maya your more than running me hot..your making me angry and i hate being angry.Why do you have to be such a complicated women who can not see that Giorgio Loves you but its just so hard for him to express himself after discovering his little sister in her crib died when he was just six.Being the oldest and seeing his parents mourn over their lost he had to be strong for his younger two brothers.Whiles growing he push the thought of ever feeling an emotion to the side. ...more
Baseballmom
Realistic Story.........d:)

Excellent story based on a couple who married quickly and maybe not for the right reasons. They were hit with a lot of tragedy, but weren't able to share in the grief and properly communicate with each other. They had to fight for their marriage while navigating the minefield of their feelings. I would have liked to have seen a little more romance, but it was still good, I recommend it........d:)
Bukcrz
Although the plot was old and overused, the message of the story was something very few author is courageous enough to tackle: that marriage need work - on both parties - for it to succeed.
I love the message of the story, I just developed a head ache from a lot of eyerolling from the actions of the characters. Remember, this is a very typical hp book with ditsy and easy to manipulate heroine and a manipulative hero.
Tonya Warner
A great continuation of the Sabbatini family saga. The oldest of the Sabbatini men, Giorgio has always taken charge, and did what was best for the family. When his father, Giancarlo, was severely injured, he married Maya to provide an heir for the family. He knew he did not love her, and that she loved him, but the family came first.

After suffering from four miscarriages in five years, Maya left and filed for divorce. To know she had been married to provide a child, and unable to carry a child p
Roub
nice one! i liked dat they dealt wid their issues and most importantly they gave each other a breathing space (the 6 months separation). they badly needed it after maya suffered 4 miscarriages. i loved how gorgio took care of his wife this second time around. der was no doubt he cared the world about her and she was important to him.
Melissa Maxwell
The book is similar to book one in the series with Gio and Maya the main players. Maya left Gio for many reason one being he did not love her another their relationship had turned her into a baby maker unsuccessful as it was. She wanted happiness and with Gio emotionally closed and physically away that leaves her left wanting. On the day of his brother Luca's wedding they have one last night and that result in being pregnant for a fifth time. She decides to wait to tell Gio until after the dread ...more
Ada
Otro italiano arrogante y con mucha plata.
Tulia Lash
Good read, I want it to throttle them at times, but it was good!!
Gege86
It was so very beautifully written. The heroes was married before and now separated after 5 years of trying and failing to have a baby, and after one last night of passion the heroine found out that she's expecting. Both the hero and heroine have a lot of hurt form their past and what happened between them, I thought their only problem was the lost of communication other than that they were perfect for each other. And in the end they solved all of their problems and had their happily ever after. ...more
Mydearloverboy
I had give it a 4.9. It felt kind of rushed, but the character development was just "wow!"...The understandings were pretty realistic and not that repetitive...(like in most romance novels;p)
This was a change for me from contemporary and historical romance;)...It gave a realistic view of couples after marriage...
The author's writing flowed and plot was well structured...I'm glad I read it!
Ladyacct
Really enjoyed this second chance at love story. I especially enjoyed the heroine's light bulb moment of realization with regards to hero's personality.
Tia
Frustrating but at the same time a great ending to the novel. I really do like this series. The brothers need a couple smacks in the head though.
Marina Andreou
This is was more better than i ever want!!!Excellent storie..the cover in Greek is diferrent than this..and i love and the second brother <3
Diane
well, i wanted something light today and i got it. sometimes a quick read is forgettable just as soon as one puts it down
Limecello
More like a 3.5
Surprisingly hot - rather good; wish there'd been more actual discussion of emotions they were somewhat separate
Kobie
DNF. For me, there was too much intetnal dialogue. Plus, my mistake for reading about a married couple...snooze.
Tulia Lash
It was a good read!
Carmen
I have reread this serial a couple of times. I think it may be one of the author's best HPs!
  • A Mistake, a Prince and a Pregnancy
  • The Frenchman's Love-Child (Brides of L'Amour, #1)
  • His Unknown Heir
  • Reckless Night In Rio
  • Strangers in the Desert (The Al Dhakir Brothers #1)
  • In Christofides' Keeping (Modern)
  • The Heir from Nowhere
  • Forgotten Mistress, Secret Love-Child (Regally Wed) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #98)
  • Not For Sale
  • Beauty and the Greek
  • One Night... Nine Month Scandal
  • The Society Wife
  • For Duty's Sake (Royal Brides, #9)
  • Hired by Her Husband
  • The Return of the Renegade (The Scandalous St. Claires #1)
I grew up on a small farm on the outskirts of Sydney and as a keen horse rider, often competed in local gymkhanas and even broke in a few horses from time to time. As I was surrounded by animals, I decided at an early age to become a nurse, however I couldn’t stand the sight of blood and so opted for a career in teaching. It’s a bit ironic that I married a surgeon.

I read my first Mills & Boon
More about Melanie Milburne...

The Sabbatini Brothers (3 books)
  • Scandal: Unclaimed Love-Child
  • The Wedding Charade
Scandal: Unclaimed Love-Child Deserving of His Diamonds? The Wedding Charade Innocent Wife, Baby of Shame Bought For The Marriage Bed