Start by marking “El regreso de Chanur” as Want to Read:
El regreso de Chanur

El regreso de Chanur (Chanur #4)

4.12  ·  Rating Details ·  2,278 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Cuando esas entidades enigmáticas que se dan a sí mismas el nombre de humanos enviarón el primer navío de exploración al universo del Pacto, alteraron las tradicionales alianzas político-comerciales entre las siete especies conocidas. Y al dar refugio al único humano superviviente, la capitana hani Pyanfar Chanur y su tripulación de la “Orgullo” se vieron instaladas en el ...more
Published 1989 by Ediciones B (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about El regreso de Chanur, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about El regreso de Chanur

Mar 04, 2016 Jason rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Boy, am I gods-rotted tired of the Chanur books. I sort of liked them at the beginning. At some places, I really liked them. But not in enough places. The most enjoyable sections of the series are when the author actually slows down a bit and allows her story to breathe, permitting the reader to contemplate what's happening. But that happens so rarely, that by the time I was done this one, I had had more than enough.

If you've gotten this far in the series, you'll no doubt read this 4th book, an
‘El regreso de Chanur’ (Chanur’s Homecoming, 1986), de la escritora C.J. Cherryh, continúa exactamente donde se quedó el anterior volumen de la saga, además de concluir la misma. Existe un quinto libro, con Hilfy como protagonista, pero no está traducido al castellano.

La historia sigue con sus conspiraciones políticas, con alianzas político-comerciales entre las diferentes razas del Pacto. Esto es lo que menos me gustó de la anterior novela, y aquí hay más de lo mismo. Esto en sí no sería malo,
Jamie Collins
This fourth Chanur book is my least favorite so far. The space opera setting is still great, but the execution hasn’t gotten any better. This has a ton of exposition and repetition, and I nearly abandoned it.

The only part I enjoyed was Pyanfar’s reexamination of the Hani traditions which keep their men at home, coddled and protected from responsibility, for fear of their tempers and instability.
Storyline: 2/5
Characters: 2/5
Writing Style: 1/5
World: 2/5

Wearisome. How can someone make an action-adventure, space opera so wearying to read?

After the original Pride of Chanur came a trilogy sequel, of which this is the last. This trilogy was so trying, in part, because it is a repeat of the first book yet spread out over three installments. It's the same problem! The same bad guys! The same good guys! The same unknowns! The same crew! The same ship! The same stations! The same allies! The fe
Karen Ireland-Phillips
The four Chanur universe books are my favorite books in the entire universe. Bar none. Cherryh slyly takes on sex, gender, culture, first contact, money, and power, among other issues, all in a rollicking good adventure story.
Feb 28, 2012 Robert rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
There are so many things I disliked about this book and the entire series.

1. The whole set up of the characters is incredibly sexist. Chanur and her entire cast of beautiful lionesses are honorable traders thrust into a cauldron of subterfuge and intrigue because they were trying to do the right thing. Conversely, all of the male characters are either stupid and/or conniving and/or ugly "doublecrossing" (yes, she actually uses the word "doublecrossing", which, even for 1986, sounds a little old
Lynnda Ell
(continued from The Kif Strike Back)

Chanur's Homecoming is the final episode of the Chanur epic. In other words, the "book" contains only an ending. No beginning. No middle. A reader must have all three episodes before a complete book is in hand. Do not waste your time or money reading just one of these "books." It could lead to an "episode" of throwing the book at the wall.

Having spent most of my "eposodic" reviwing time expressing my opinion on C.J. Cherryh's betrayal of her readers, I want to
Dec 15, 2012 Serena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love, love, love the fact that for lion-aliens in space, as a pride, they are Lionesses (excepting two males later), and that's just true to Earth lions, but still, I liked that aspect. (AND - hehe, alien lionesses with bling!)

Any book by C. J. Cherryh seems like it is hard to get into, but once your there, your there to stay. It also gets easier with each book you read of hers.

This book had a lot of merchant/pirate like talk. I liked how humans were presented as the aliens and strangers, so
Sep 09, 2011 MoniqueDC rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This rating is for the entire 4 book series. It is a rocking adventure, thriller and mystery complete with alternative species and deep character development. It is a series very easy to delve into and completely lose your sense of time.

This series is one of my all time favorites. I like much of C. J. Cherryh's work. I enjoyed the Faded Sun series and the Foreigner series to a lessor extent. however, it you choose to only read one series of this author, you should read the Chanur series. 4 book
Kathryn Rhodenizer
This series was great! I do not write spoilers, so it was another wonderfully crafted story
Devin Partlow
Sigh* Nothing happens in this book or if it did, I blinked and missed it. I'm too invested in the series now though, so I have the finish Book #5 of it.
Feb 17, 2016 Kev rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
slow, so slow.
Robert Ruppert
May 19, 2016 Robert Ruppert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think the epilogue put it over the top, good finish.
Feb 28, 2009 K T rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Found this at the library and realized I'd never read the end of the Chanur saga. Now I have! Sorta. I'm still working on Chanur's Legacy.

I enjoyed these, but Cherryh's portrayal of the alien gets a lot more refined by the Foreigner series. Sometimes it seemed a little silly how much the Hani are Lions In Space, but all the political machinations kept me interested.

I also found it frustrating sometimes how minor the one human character was, but that is probably the intended effect.
Sep 26, 2016 Clyde rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great finish to a good story.
Aug 06, 2012 Matt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the best book of the series (which the last one should be). It makes me want to read Chanur's Lagacy (the follow-up book - not technically of the series but from the same events). This is a wonderful and masterful piece of imagination where humans are almost as alien to everyone as the methane breathers. Think I'll go wail and sing some knnn... lol A solid 4 stars here.
Apr 02, 2015 Dustin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, future
A long, mad dash to the finish line. This really felt like the author didn't realize how many loose ends they had until they sat down to write this. The characters repeat the same information over and over again and since absolutely everything is rushed and urgent it just all ends up feeling exhausting.
Apr 08, 2008 Carolyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An awesome ride; complicated, dense, lots of characters, and completely foolish of me to read the Chanur series all out of order. Don't do that! But I still managed, somehow.

Great aliens, wonderful politics, and Cherryh's plotting is amazing.
May 05, 2015 Ian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My review of this book is no SF Mistressworks:
Apr 24, 2008 Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
A prologue novel ("The Pride of Chanur"), a 3-part series ("Chanur's Venture", "The Kif Strike Back" and "Chanur's Homecoming"), and an epilogue novel ("Chanur's Legacy") completes the series.
Lynn Hall
Feb 06, 2015 Lynn Hall rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
The final volume in the Pyanfar saga....and it doesn`t disapoint!Love this series!And l love the Michael Whelan covers too-they look just like you would imagine the various races. ...more
Jun 16, 2008 Bax rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf, space-opera
Highly entertaining galaxy-spanning space opera.

A must read for fans of the genre.
Sep 16, 2016 Gmc rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Pride of Chanur is on it way home and has trouble of all kinds on it's tail.
I hate the new format for Goodreads.

Read January 1, 1988
Azz Lunatic
Feb 03, 2009 Azz Lunatic marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Chanur's Homecoming (Chanur) by C. J. Cherryh (1991)
Mar 31, 2011 Helen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
finally wrapped up the conflict
Shooting up your allies is wise policy
  • Iceworld
  • The Final Encyclopedia (Childe Cycle, #7)
  • The Nowhere Hunt
  • Two-Bit Heroes (Ivory, #2)
  • Stories from The Hugo Winners 1962-1967
  • Catspaw (Cat, #2)
  • Subspace Explorers (Subspace, #1)
  • Empire of the Atom
  • The Telzey Toy And Other Stories (Telzey Amberdon, Book 2)
  • Exiles Of The Stars (Moon Magic, #2)
  • Dreamships
Currently resident in Spokane, Washington, C.J. Cherryh has won four Hugos and is one of the best-selling and most critically acclaimed authors in the science fiction and fantasy field. She is the author of more than forty novels. Her hobbies include travel, photography, reef culture, Mariners baseball, and, a late passion, figure skating: she intends to compete in the adult USFSA track. She began ...more
More about C.J. Cherryh...

Chanur (6 books)
  • The Pride of Chanur (Chanur, #1)
  • Chanur's Venture (Chanur, #2)
  • The Kif Strike Back (Chanur, #3)
  • Chanur's Legacy (Chanur, #5)
  • The Chanur Saga (Chanur, #1-3)