Start by marking “A Taste of Honey: A Novel” as Want to Read:
A Taste of Honey: A Novel

A Taste of Honey: A Novel

4.24  ·  Rating Details  ·  83 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Honey Height learned early in life that her beauty and bedroom prowess are powerful, almost beyond her control. Forced by events that leave her to fend for herself as a teenager, she evolves into a money-hungry vixen as an adult. Using her physical attributes to lead a suspect lifestyle, Honey treats men like toys—good for a while, but always disposable.

That is until she m
Published August 14th 2007 by Harper Perennial (first published August 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about A Taste of Honey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Taste of Honey

Monique
Hmm okay so read this book because a friend/my supervisor read it then another friend tried it and didn't finish so it fell to me, and because I am such a sucker for a new book and cant turn a reading challenge down especially when its a book in my hot little hands I read it in a day or so while my honey bunny worked all day and eh it was alright its a story as old as time only not done as well..the age story of a woman with a past, a beauty and a power over men that leads her into the life of p ...more
Keyona
Dec 23, 2008 Keyona rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book. I havn't read a book to make me stay up all night reading like this in a very long time. This book reminds me a bit of Loving Donovan by Bernice Mcfadden but more contemporary. Honey was definitely someone not to be played with lol. This was my first time reading this author and I was extremely impressed. He told a very good story without dragging it out.
Erica
Apr 04, 2008 Erica rated it really liked it
I finished this book the other night and I must first say that this book did not change the fact that I am a true fan of Darren Coleman's writing and will read everything he puts out.

I really like the detailed background storyline that we learned on the two main characters. He did great at laying the foundation and giving us insight into what events made them the people that they would grow to be.

Liked the middle when the two lives combined and the events surrounding that.

Was not really in love
Natalie
Feb 06, 2008 Natalie rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Natalie by: Literary Speak Yahoo Group
Hailey was given the alias Honey by the first man that ever paid her for sex. At an adolescent age of 16 she learns early that what she has between her legs is sweet just like honey. With that, Honey leads the life of a self-employed high priced escort. On her way back from a business meeting Honey and Khalil meet on a plane ride back home, and shortly after she finds out the true meaning of why everything happens for a reason.

This is a GOOD read, I read it in less then 24 hours and it keeps yo
Erica L
Apr 15, 2016 Erica L rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow. Darren Coleman is a wonderful excellent writer! The book jacket said he writes "page turners" and he truly does! I also learned a few things too! I am now on the lookout for EVERYTHING Darren Coleman! Loved this book!
Kellee
Dec 12, 2008 Kellee rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All urban lit readers
Shelves: a-favorite
This book was a definite page turner. I didn't want to put it down. I was scared the end would suck because sometimes you can read a good book and then the ending drags, but this book was good from beginning to end. Honey was a trip. I will be reading this book again.
Dimi=|Complex|=Life
Apr 21, 2008 Dimi=|Complex|=Life rated it liked it
This book is basically about a who has the best pussy out there. The story starts off as a young girl hailey is talking about herself and this gorgeous man she has a wild crush on.
Balinda
May 14, 2011 Balinda rated it it was amazing
I thought A Taste of Honey was a very good book. It was very entertaining and true to real life. I recommend it as a good read.
Jessica
Jan 19, 2010 Jessica rated it it was amazing
I didn't learn anything from this book, but I would recommend it for teenagers to read this book.
Jahmardyia
This book was amazing. Its full of excitement, suspense, and more!!!
Saysha Wilson
Mar 13, 2008 Saysha Wilson rated it it was amazing
BESTSELLER! I couldn't turn the pages fast enough!
Candace
Candace marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Maya Hollinshead
Maya Hollinshead marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Natoya
Natoya added it
Feb 07, 2016
TaKeisha
TaKeisha marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Karen Reynolds
Karen Reynolds marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Jacque
Jacque added it
Jan 25, 2016
Edison Be Like
Edison Be Like marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
Kutura Billingslea-Hamilton
Kutura Billingslea-Hamilton rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2015
Louis Candler
Louis Candler marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
Marie's List (Blog)
Marie's List (Blog) rated it did not like it
Nov 19, 2015
Shon Lee
Shon Lee marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
Dame
Dame marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
Yoland
Yoland marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
Kinaah Love'
Kinaah Love' marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Imran Mani
Imran Mani marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Ciera
Ciera rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2015
Melinda Beatrice Ferrell
Melinda Beatrice Ferrell rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2015
Khanya Mkuhlu
Khanya Mkuhlu marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015