Start by marking “Spider’s Revenge (Elemental Assassin, #5)” as Want to Read:
Spider’s Revenge (Elemental Assassin, #5)

Spider’s Revenge (Elemental Assassin #5)

4.2  ·  Rating Details ·  12,272 Ratings  ·  721 Reviews
Old habits die hard. And I plan on murdering someone before the night is through.

Killing used to be my regular gig, after all. Gin Blanco, aka the Spider, assassin-for-hire. And I was very good at it. Now, I’m ready to make the one hit that truly matters: Mab Monroe, the dangerous Fire elemental who murdered my family when I was thirteen.

Oh, I don’t think the mission will
Published September 27th 2011 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Spider’s Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spider’s Revenge

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead

They say repetition is the key to learning & if that is the case; I am now an expert in all things Gin Blanco. I’m so frustrated by this book. The repetition has spiraled out of control. Since Estep loves to repeat herself, let me say it again, the repetition has gotten OUT of CONTROL.

I know Gin is an assassin, I also know that she carries five Silverstone knives. I know where Gin carries these knives. I know Mab killed Gin’s older sister and Gin’s mother. I know Mab burnt the spide
Mrs. Badass
"My name is Erika. I'm glad this story ARC is OVER."

I wrote a more in depth review (Ok so I may have ranted a little) at Badass

3.5 stars or grade: B-

Want to know what I love about the Elemental Assassin series?

1) Kick ass heroine named Gin--like the liquor, who will Un-apologetically kill you and smile about it

2) Awesome secondary characters who are all necessary to the plot and health of the story

3) Cool Fight sequences

4) I like the Elemental Magic aspect

Want to know what drove me absolutely
Robin (Bridge Four)
Weekly UF buddy read with Buddies Books and Baubles

4.5 We are Finally Here Stars

Finally! Finally! Finally!!!
description

This is the book were shit goes down and stuff really starts to happen.

This is the book that was intense most of the way through and I couldn’t put it down.

This is the book that didn’t only use threat of rape for a plot point

This is the book that I thought our heroine might not get out of alive (yeah I know there are a ton more books so it was unlikely but you know what I mean)

This is the
Steven
Man, I'd hate to get on the Spider's bad side!

Mab's obsession with that prophecy kind of made it self-fulfilling, and I'm completely okay with that. Looking forward to seeing where the story goes now. It's like Supernatural... the main storyline was over five seasons in, but it's still going strong. Can't wait to see Gin helping people for a living. I love the great characters! :)
Joanita

01/06/2016 BR with my fellow UF fans over at BB&B.

Possible spoilers ahead.

I was Gin Blanco, Genevieve Snow, and the Spider. Easy wasn’t in my vocabulary. It never had been.

Finally the battle between Gin and Mab has arrived.
And it was E P I C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mab Monroe had decided to up her game against the Spider. She has hired bounty hunters to track Gin down, and she has put a price on Detective Bria Coolidge’s head. Now Gin not only has to keep out of the hands of the let

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
May 03, 2016 Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
I already knew I liked this series but I think after this fifth installment, it is safe to say that I completely love it now.

Without giving too many spoilers away for the book nor the series I would like to say that the closeness this tight group of friends has, truly is what makes this series so great. These bunch of friends turned family are just so memorable and lovable that it is hard not to get wrapped up in them at all times. They are the type of people that everyone wants by their side an
Katie Michaels
Every time I start a new Elemental Assassin book, it's like visiting an old friend. Not that I'm tight with any killers. But these books are so familiar, inviting, exciting and fun. What's more... They are consistent. The series has a tone, a voice, that never wavers. And from the first page of each installment, I am back in Gin's world, like I never left.

Fans of the series have been waiting for this book from the beginning. We've known for a long time that Mab Monroe is the woman who killed Gin
Tina ♥ Bookaholic

Meine Gedanken zum Buch:
Wie immer hat Estep gleich mal einen interessanten Einstieg geboten, der mitten in der Szene begonnen und nur so von Spannung und Adrenalinkick gefüllt war, was ich ja immer total gut finde. Und ja, das kann Frau Estep wirklich gut – Spannung erzeugen und sie aufbauen; darin ist sie eine Meisterin.

Doch dabei kann auch oft etwas schiefgehen und bevor wir es versehen, wir aus Gins verpatzten Mordanschlag, eine Flucht auf Leben und Tod
Katie(babs)
Oct 06, 2011 Katie(babs) rated it really liked it
Spider’s Revenge is the fifth book in Jennifer Estep’s Elemental Assassin series. The main protagonist is Gin Blanco, a semi-retired assassin with the ability to use the elements as weapons, known as the elusive Spider. Gin owns a BBQ joint and moonlights as an assassin whose objective is to take down the nasty Mab Monroe, the mob boss of the Ashland underworld and the one who made Gin an orphan at thirteen by killing her parents and youngest sister. The fifth book is what I call the Return of ...more
Catherine
Wow. Just wow. I wasn’t really sure what to expect from the conclusion to the Mab story arc—other than badass action scenes, of course. ;) But whatever I expected, this was better. We got the same awesome cast of characters and thrilling action scenes, but we also saw a vulnerable side to Gin and got the pleasure of watching her and her friends solidify into a solid team.

Let me just say, I didn’t expect Gin’s confrontations with Mab to turn out how they did. I had a vague image of her and Finn
Denisa
Finallyyyyy!!!

I've wanted to read this book for ages, I was so curious how it will all turn out! I've wanted to see Gin and Mab fight since the first book and now it's finally happened! And I have to say, I wasn't disappointed.
Maria Dimitrova
Weekly buddy read with my fellow UF addicts at BB&B.

The time has come! It's Gin aka The Spider vs Mab Monroe! A battle to the death, one we have been waiting for for 4 books. And I have to say it was about damn time.

This was an action packed instalment from page one to well almost the end. We had a clean up chapter or two in the end. But it was one of those books that you can't let go, "just one more page" turning into "oops I read half the book". Partly it's because of the build up for th
Paradoxical
I enjoy the series. Really. Just not this book.

There's huge amounts of repetition (you seriously start wondering if the author is being paid by word because there is no reason as to why she needs to rehash the same things over and over again) and the main character is supposed to be tough, competent, and smart, but it feels like Jennifer Estep dropped the ball. The title perfectly matches what is going on plot wise--Gin is actually going to take down Mab this time. Great. It's about time. What k
Lady Heather

I really enjoyed this story...but the author was driving me CRAZY with all the repetition!
I think almost every chapter she re-iterated 'what had happened to Gin', 'who had done it', and 'how much she hated Mab', and couldn't wait to 'kill the bitch'...after awhile it was YADA-YADA-YADA!

Underneath all the repetition, there was a decent story, with a GREAT, exciting, on the edge of your seat ending!

I actually cried a couple of times reading the story. It was good to find out a little more about
Angela
Jul 17, 2015 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
17 July 2015: $1.99 on Kindle
Jasi
In diesem Band ist endlich so weit: die Auftragskillern Gin Blanco tritt ihrer Erzfeindin Mab Monroe, der stärksten Feuerelementarin Ashlands gegenüber. Diese hat vor vielen Jahren ihre Mutter und jüngere Schwester ermordet und endlich fühlt sich Gin, alias Die Spinne, stark genug um Rache an Mab zu üben. Diese hat allerdings nicht vor, sich von der gefürchteten Spinne erwischen zu lassen, und bezahlt die besten Auftragskiller der Landes um Gin zu töten.

Auf dieses Buch zu warten, fiel mir unglau
VampireNovelFan
A novella of a story at a novel’s price

The fifth Elemental Assassin entry aims to wrap up the long standing arc since Book 1. It's Mab Monroe vs. Gin Blanco aka The Spider aka Genevieve Snow. It's the final show down to prove once and for all who is the strongest. Mab is pulling out all stops to finish what she started 17 years ago while Gin's not backing down to exact revenge that she's been working towards since then herself. Who will win?

This series has so much potential, but I'm disappoint
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
A novella's worth of content in a full-length novel. What was done with the rest of the pages, I hear you ask? Were they blank? I would've preferred them to be.

My name is Gin Blanco...

I know! I've been reading about your life for four books now.

...and I'm an assassin

Yes, you're a hitwoman, we know this, can we get on with the killin' now?

This is Finn. He's my foster brother.

I do have a memory, no matter how dysfunctional it sometimes is, it's never THAT bad.

And this is Bria...

You can see
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Jan 31, 2013 Carmel (Rabid Reads) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

*** MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS ***

The showdown between Mab Monroe and Gin Blanco has been a long time coming; five books worth in fact but Spider’s Revenge makes the wait worthwhile. Jennifer Estep doesn’t waste any time and jumps right into the thick of things, she then proceeds to keep readers on edge, biting their nails up until the final pages with several close calls but not to worry, the Spider always gets her man woman.

I’ve been dishing out nothing but the highest of p
mrsj
Feb 11, 2012 mrsj rated it liked it
Shelves: must-get-list
Ding dong! The bitch is finally dead.

After Gin Blanco aka Genevieve Snow aka The Spider who keeps two silverstone knives up her sleeves, one against the small of her back and two at the side of her boots finally danced with Mab, the woman who killed her mother and her elder sister and melted a spider rune into her both palms.
She had accepted helps from her boyfriend and friends to kill Mab. The Fire Elemental, who had killed her mother and elder sister years ago.

Owen who has blue-black hair,
Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞
4.5 's

I felt like this book finally brought everything and everyone together and really, that's what Gin needs and wants. She needs a family...they might not all be the ones she was born into but they are all family nonetheless. And what's great is that they all need each other too.

I did knock down half a star due to the repetition but that was really only bothersome for the first twenty percent. This is always a hard line because if an author only puts out one book a year, you really do need
Christina T
The fifth book in the Gin Blanco series finally puts to bed the underlying story arc of the Spider vs. Mab Monroe. Although I didn't mind this particular continuing plot I am glad that it is finally at a close and am looking forward to what is in the future for a retired (semi-retired?) assassin.

The romance is minimal in this book but well played out as Gin and Owen's relationship continues to build. To tell the truth the relationships between Gin and her entire makeshift family moved forward i
Jayre
Oct 11, 2011 Jayre rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I did not enjoy this book.

For those of you who haven't read it yet, here is the synopsis.

Assassin Girl is taking revenge on evil witch for killing her parents.

That's it in a nutshell.

You would think it would be difficult to screw that up but Estep managed. Now I really don’t feel good being so harsh on this author's work, but I read the previous four novels, and enjoyed them for the most part (spiders bite is the best) of them.

What I liked about those books was the fact the Gin was ruthless,
Karissa
Oct 22, 2011 Karissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the fifth book in the Elemental Assassins series by Estep. The 6th book will be titled, By a Thread, and is scheduled for a Feb 2012 release. The 7th book will be titled, Widow's Web, and is scheduled for a August 2012 release. This book was a good read but I didn't like it quite as much as the previous couple books. There was a bit too much recapping of the previous books and that got tedious as times.

The showdown between Mab and Gin has been a long time coming. When Gin takes a go at M
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Grade: A (4.5 stars)

What an incredibly satisfying conclusion to a story arc! Spider’s Bite, Web of Lies, Venom, Tangled Threads, and the short stories on Jennifer Estep’s website have been building up to an elemental duel between the evil power-hungry Mab Monroe and the orphaned cold-blooded assassin Gin Blanco a.k.a. “the Spider.” The final showdown between these two characters is everything I hoped it would be. No fizzle in this sizzle!

From the beginning, Gin has been preparing to avenge the
Heather Book Savvy Babe
The Elemental Assassins series keeps going strong with Spider's Revenge, book 5 in the series. In this installment, ex-assassin-turned-vigilante Gin Blanco goes after her ultimate enemy, the fire elemental Mab. New enemies and killers are in town, all gunning for Gin and her sister. Working around the paid killers makes taking down the top elemental no easy task and all of Gin's close friends, family, and Owen are part of this ultimate showdown.

Spider's Revenge was a much anticipated read for m
Karla
“My name is Gin, and I kill people”. Yes you do, and you do it so well! Another fantastic, action-filled installment in the Elemental Assassin series. We finally get to see how the Gin/Mab-Death Match plays out, and it did not disappoint. Jennifer Estep’s writing is exceptional, and even though at times pages might go by without dialogue, what goes on in Gin’s mind is enough to hold the reader’s attention. My only complaint would be that on occasion she reiterates the same point one time too ...more
Mrs. Badass
"My name is Erika. I'm glad this story ARC is OVER."

I wrote a more in depth review (Ok so I may have ranted a little) at Badass

3.5 stars or grade: B-

Want to know what I love about the Elemental Assassin series?

3) Cool Fight sequences

4) I like the Elemental Magic aspect

Want to know what drove me absolutely c
Danielle (Danniegurl)
This was a great conclusion to the overall plot line through the series so far. Gin was as fierce as ever, but also made mistakes showing that even the best assassins make mistakes that can be deadly. I can't wait to see where the series goes now. We all know due to Jo-Jo's ominous words that there is still more to come. Also I'm loving Owen and Gin together however I wouldn't mind Donovan Caine to come back and have a show down with Owen and Gin lol. Just a trying to get her back, but still ...more
Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections
When you pick up one of books in the Elemental Assassin Series, you are guaranteed a nail-biter of a story. Jennifer Estep has created one of the most kick-ass, realistic heroines I have ever read. As Gin's life moves along from book to book, the reader cannot help but get sucked in until the end of the book spits you back out into reality. Gin's life, friends, and career always leave you wanting more and wishing you could be just like her in real life. The Spider's Revenge is no different and ...more
Goodreads Librari...: Please correct the book title for this quote. 2 168 Aug 19, 2013 06:40PM
Nothing But Readi...: Estep, Jennifer; Spider's Revenge 54 86 Dec 28, 2012 03:30PM
Who loves Owen? 8 47 Sep 16, 2012 10:36AM
  • Magic on the Line (Allie Beckstrom, #7)
  • The Hour of Dust and Ashes (Charlie Madigan, #3)
  • Raven Cursed (Jane Yellowrock, #4)
  • Blood Before Sunrise (Shaede Assassin, #2)
  • Silver-Tongued Devil (Sabina Kane, #4)
  • Crimson Wind (Horngate Witches, #2)
  • Hellforged (Deadtown, #2)
  • Head Rush (The Disillusionists, #3)
  • Fatal Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #3)
  • Sacrificial Magic (Downside Ghosts, #4)
  • Grave Dance (Alex Craft, #2)
  • A Sliver of Shadow (Abby Sinclair, #2)
  • Black Night (Black Wings, #2)
  • Late Eclipses (October Daye, #4)
  • Secrets of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #3)
  • Another Kind of Dead (Dreg City, #3)
Jennifer Estep is a New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author, prowling the streets of her imagination in search of her next fantasy idea.

ELEMENTAL ASSASSIN SERIES
Jennifer writes the Elemental Assassin urban fantasy series.

The books focus on Gin Blanco, an assassin codenamed the Spider who can control the elements of Ice and Stone. When she’s not busy killing people and righ
More about Jennifer Estep...

Elemental Assassin (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1)
  • Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin, #2)
  • Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3)
  • Tangled Threads (Elemental Assassin, #4)
  • By a Thread (Elemental Assassin, #6)
  • Widow’s Web (Elemental Assassin, #7)
  • Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin, #8)
  • Heart of Venom (Elemental Assassin, #9)
  • The Spider (Elemental Assassin, #10)
  • Poison Promise (Elemental Assassin, #11)

“My name is Gin, and I kill people.” 93 likes