Start by marking “Spider’s Revenge (Elemental Assassin, #5)” as Want to Read:
Spider’s Revenge (Elemental Assassin, #5)

Spider’s Revenge (Elemental Assassin #5)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  8,721 ratings  ·  572 reviews
Old habits die hard. And I plan on mur­der­ing some­one before the night is through.

Killing used to be my reg­u­lar gig, after all. Gin Blanco, aka the Spi­der, assassin-for-hire. And I was very good at it. Now, I’m ready to make the one hit that truly mat­ters: Mab Mon­roe, the dan­ger­ous Fire ele­men­tal who mur­dered my fam­ily when I was thir­teen.

Oh, I don’t think t...more
ebook, Pocket
Published September 27th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Spider’s Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spider’s Revenge

Mrs. Badass
"My name is Erika. I'm glad this story ARC is OVER."

I wrote a more in depth review (Ok so I may have ranted a little) at Badass

3.5 stars or grade: B-

Want to know what I love about the Elemental Assassin series?

1) Kick ass heroine named Gin--like the liquor, who will Un-apologetically kill you and smile about it

2) Awesome secondary characters who are all necessary to the plot and health of the story

3) Cool Fight sequences

4) I like the Elemental Magic aspect

Want to know what drove me absolutely...more
Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead

They say repetition is the key to learning & if that is the case; I am now an expert in all things Gin Blanco. I’m so frustrated by this book. The repetition has spiraled out of control. Since Estep loves to repeat herself, let me say it again, the repetition has gotten OUT of CONTROL.

I know Gin is an assassin, I also know that she carries five Silverstone knives. I know where Gin carries these knives. I know Mab killed Gin’s older sister and Gin’s mother. I know Mab burnt the spide...more
Jen (Red Hot Books)
Every time I start a new Elemental Assassin book, it's like visiting an old friend. Not that I'm tight with any killers. But these books are so familiar, inviting, exciting and fun. What's more... They are consistent. The series has a tone, a voice, that never wavers. And from the first page of each installment, I am back in Gin's world, like I never left.

Fans of the series have been waiting for this book from the beginning. We've known for a long time that Mab Monroe is the woman who killed Gin...more
Katie(babs)
Spider’s Revenge is the fifth book in Jennifer Estep’s Elemental Assassin series. The main protagonist is Gin Blanco, a semi-retired assassin with the ability to use the elements as weapons, known as the elusive Spider. Gin owns a BBQ joint and moonlights as an assassin whose objective is to take down the nasty Mab Monroe, the mob boss of the Ashland underworld and the one who made Gin an orphan at thirteen by killing her parents and youngest sister. The fifth book is what I call the Return of t...more
Catherine
Wow. Just wow. I wasn’t really sure what to expect from the conclusion to the Mab story arc—other than badass action scenes, of course. ;) But whatever I expected, this was better. We got the same awesome cast of characters and thrilling action scenes, but we also saw a vulnerable side to Gin and got the pleasure of watching her and her friends solidify into a solid team.

Let me just say, I didn’t expect Gin’s confrontations with Mab to turn out how they did. I had a vague image of her and Finn...more
Paradoxical
I enjoy the series. Really. Just not this book.

There's huge amounts of repetition (you seriously start wondering if the author is being paid by word because there is no reason as to why she needs to rehash the same things over and over again) and the main character is supposed to be tough, competent, and smart, but it feels like Jennifer Estep dropped the ball. The title perfectly matches what is going on plot wise--Gin is actually going to take down Mab this time. Great. It's about time. What k...more
Lady Heather

I really enjoyed this story...but the author was driving me CRAZY with all the repetition!
I think almost every chapter she re-iterated 'what had happened to Gin', 'who had done it', and 'how much she hated Mab', and couldn't wait to 'kill the bitch'...after awhile it was YADA-YADA-YADA!

Underneath all the repetition, there was a decent story, with a GREAT, exciting, on the edge of your seat ending!

I actually cried a couple of times reading the story. It was good to find out a little more about...more
VampireNovelFan
A novella of a story at a novel’s price

The fifth Elemental Assassin entry aims to wrap up the long standing arc since Book 1. It's Mab Monroe vs. Gin Blanco aka The Spider aka Genevieve Snow. It's the final show down to prove once and for all who is the strongest. Mab is pulling out all stops to finish what she started 17 years ago while Gin's not backing down to exact revenge that she's been working towards since then herself. Who will win?

This series has so much potential, but I'm disappointe...more
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
A novella's worth of content in a full-length novel. What was done with the rest of the pages, I hear you ask? Were they blank? I would've preferred them to be.

My name is Gin Blanco...

I know! I've been reading about your life for four books now.

...and I'm an assassin

Yes, you're a hitwoman, we know this, can we get on with the killin' now?

This is Finn. He's my foster brother.

I do have a memory, no matter how dysfunctional it sometimes is, it's never THAT bad.

And this is Bria...

You can see whe...more
Christina
The fifth book in the Gin Blanco series finally puts to bed the underlying story arc of the Spider vs. Mab Monroe. Although I didn't mind this particular continuing plot I am glad that it is finally at a close and am looking forward to what is in the future for a retired (semi-retired?) assassin.

The romance is minimal in this book but well played out as Gin and Owen's relationship continues to build. To tell the truth the relationships between Gin and her entire makeshift family moved forward i...more
mrsj
Ding dong! The bitch is finally dead.

After Gin Blanco aka Genevieve Snow aka The Spider who keeps two silverstone knives up her sleeves, one against the small of her back and two at the side of her boots finally danced with Mab, the woman who killed her mother and her elder sister and melted a spider rune into her both palms.
She had accepted helps from her boyfriend and friends to kill Mab. The Fire Elemental, who had killed her mother and elder sister years ago.

Owen who has blue-black hair,...more
Mrs. Badass
"My name is Erika. I'm glad this story ARC is OVER."

I wrote a more in depth review (Ok so I may have ranted a little) at Badass

3.5 stars or grade: B-

Want to know what I love about the Elemental Assassin series?

3) Cool Fight sequences

4) I like the Elemental Magic aspect

Want to know what drove me absolutely c...more
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

*** MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS ***

The showdown between Mab Monroe and Gin Blanco has been a long time coming; five books worth in fact but Spider’s Revenge makes the wait worthwhile. Jennifer Estep doesn’t waste any time and jumps right into the thick of things, she then proceeds to keep readers on edge, biting their nails up until the final pages with several close calls but not to worry, the Spider always gets her man woman.

I’ve been dishing out nothing but the highest of p...more
Jayre
I did not enjoy this book.

For those of you who haven't read it yet, here is the synopsis.

Assassin Girl is taking revenge on evil witch for killing her parents.

That's it in a nutshell.

You would think it would be difficult to screw that up but Estep managed. Now I really don’t feel good being so harsh on this author's work, but I read the previous four novels, and enjoyed them for the most part (spiders bite is the best) of them.

What I liked about those books was the fact the Gin was ruthless,...more
Heather Book Savvy Babe
The Elemental Assassins series keeps going strong with Spider's Revenge, book 5 in the series. In this installment, ex-assassin-turned-vigilante Gin Blanco goes after her ultimate enemy, the fire elemental Mab. New enemies and killers are in town, all gunning for Gin and her sister. Working around the paid killers makes taking down the top elemental no easy task and all of Gin's close friends, family, and Owen are part of this ultimate showdown.

Spider's Revenge was a much anticipated read for m...more
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
4.5 ★'s

I felt like this book finally brought everything and everyone together and really, that's what Gin needs and wants. She needs a family...they might not all be the ones she was born into but they are all family nonetheless. And what's great is that they all need each other too.

I did knock down half a star due to the repetition but that was really only bothersome for the first twenty percent. This is always a hard line because if an author only puts out one book a year, you really do need...more
Karissa
This is the fifth book in the Elemental Assassins series by Estep. The 6th book will be titled, By a Thread, and is scheduled for a Feb 2012 release. The 7th book will be titled, Widow's Web, and is scheduled for a August 2012 release. This book was a good read but I didn't like it quite as much as the previous couple books. There was a bit too much recapping of the previous books and that got tedious as times.

The showdown between Mab and Gin has been a long time coming. When Gin takes a go at M...more
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Grade: A (4.5 stars)

What an incredibly satisfying conclusion to a story arc! Spider’s Bite, Web of Lies, Venom, Tangled Threads, and the short stories on Jennifer Estep’s website have been building up to an elemental duel between the evil power-hungry Mab Monroe and the orphaned cold-blooded assassin Gin Blanco a.k.a. “the Spider.” The final showdown between these two characters is everything I hoped it would be. No fizzle in this sizzle!

From the beginning, Gin has been preparing to avenge the...more
Karla
“My name is Gin, and I kill people”. Yes you do, and you do it so well! Another fantastic, action-filled installment in the Elemental Assassin series. We finally get to see how the Gin/Mab-Death Match plays out, and it did not disappoint. Jennifer Estep’s writing is exceptional, and even though at times pages might go by without dialogue, what goes on in Gin’s mind is enough to hold the reader’s attention. My only complaint would be that on occasion she reiterates the same point one time too man...more
Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections
When you pick up one of books in the Elemental Assassin Series, you are guaranteed a nail-biter of a story. Jennifer Estep has created one of the most kick-ass, realistic heroines I have ever read. As Gin's life moves along from book to book, the reader cannot help but get sucked in until the end of the book spits you back out into reality. Gin's life, friends, and career always leave you wanting more and wishing you could be just like her in real life. The Spider's Revenge is no different and e...more
Katyana
***4.5***

I really do love this series.

This is an excellent wrap-up to the revenge arc of the series (and I was very excited to hear that it isn't a wrap-up of the series as a whole). All the threads tie together, and every piece slots together exactly as it should.

My one complaint, which is going to sound rather petty, is that the pieces fit together just a little bit too well. By which I mean, nothing in this book surprised me. It played out like... watching one of the classics unfold (Gin mak...more
All Things Urban Fantasy
In SPIDER’S REVENGE Gin's battle with Mab, simmering in the background for so long, finally comes to a head. Estep pits Gin and Mab head to head right from the start, and the fight is just as explosive and difficult as one would expect. On top of that, with Owen and Bria in her life, Gin's emotional scar tissue is breaking up. At a time with the Spider has to face the ultimate fight with her nemesis, she also has a lot more to lose than just her own life.

It is partly that emotional focus that ma...more
Lia
The characters have changed a lot in this book. Almost every single one of them makes stupid mistakes and ends up in trouble. I understand that certain elements are necessary for a good plot, but when that plot is based on mistakes that never should have happened, it becomes unrealistic.

Gin doesn't act like an assassin anymore. She doesn't think before she acts, she rushes into situations, and she doesn't act like her namesake the spider (waiting patiently, planning things out properly, setting...more
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
I was beginning to worry it was going to be like Pretty Little Liars (show) which rides on a train named Destination: Nowhere. I thought killing Mab was going to be a battle/victory for the last book, but Estep surprised me with Gin going after the fire elemental in book 5 already. It went down pretty well all things considered. I really enjoyed this one as well and I think it's probably the best book so far since so much happened. As you've probably gathered from my updates and reviews, I'm hea...more
Alyssa Ricks
3.5 Stars. I liked that there was actual progression of the plot and there are still more books to come in the series. I love Owen and Gin together and (view spoiler). As I mentioned in my comments as I was reading, I was a little irritated by the lack of imagination by the characters when it came to fighting and weapons (view spoiler)...more
Julia
Gin's battle with Mab, simmering for so long, finally comes to a head, and the fight is just as explosive and difficult as one would expect. On top of that, with Owen and Bria in her life, Gin's emotional scar tissue is stretching. At a time with the Spider has the ultimate danger of a fight with her nemesis, for the first time in a long time, she also has a lot to lose.

Strangers to the Elemental Assassin series could actually jump in with this book and come up to speed very quickly. Gin, once a...more
Claire
“My name is Gin, and I kill people.” Gin Blanco is an assassin called the Spider and Spider’s Revenge is the fifth book in the Elemental Assassin series. This is a world where some people have magic that controls and manipulates the elements like Fire, Stone, Ice and Air. If you have not read any of these books before then that is very sloppy, sloppy, sloppy of you because they are brilliant. I would strongly advise that you do read them, and read them in order. They are Spiders Bite, Web Of Lie...more
Nancy
“One by one, the others all nodded their heads again, as if we were talking about having a spring picnic instead of going up against the deadliest woman in Ashland and all of her men.”

This series definitely gets better with each book. I don't even have time to relax before something else happens. I love it!

Sandra
Wow! Just wow! For those of you reading this series, you know that at some point Gin is gonna kill Mab, the Fire Elemental Murderess. No surprise there. The surprise is all the things that go wrong before the big event.

The surprise is also how much all the characters have grown and the very sensitive way that Ms Estep handled the aftermath. No bandaid solution, quick fixes here. Very well done.

Looking forward to what happens next.
Anna
24% in and there has been one new assassin/chase sequence and two new characters, balanced by yet another recap on Gin's background, her elemental powers including her spider rune and new ring, her retirement and ownership of the Pork Pit, Fletcher, Owen, Finn, Bria, Jojo, Sophia, Vinnie and daughter, Roslyn, Mab, and Xavier- I could go on. OK so I was sucked in by the cute cover for this book and the promise of Mab's demise, but frankly I'm fed up of being treated like a goldfish by Ms Estep.

Fi...more
Goodreads Librari...: Please correct the book title for this quote. 2 168 Aug 19, 2013 06:40PM
Novel Books &...: Estep, Jennifer; Spider's Revenge 54 84 Dec 28, 2012 03:30PM
Who loves Owen? 8 45 Sep 16, 2012 10:36AM
  • The Hour of Dust and Ashes (Charlie Madigan, #3)
  • Magic on the Line (Allie Beckstrom, #7)
  • Raven Cursed (Jane Yellowrock, #4)
  • Green-Eyed Demon (Sabina Kane, #3)
  • Blood Before Sunrise (Shaede Assassin, #2)
  • Black Night (Black Wings, #2)
  • Burn the Night (Dark Days, #6)
  • Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5)
  • Double Cross (The Disillusionists Trilogy, #2)
  • Sins of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #4)
  • Crimson Wind (Horngate Witches, #2)
  • A Bloody Good Secret (Secret McQueen, #2)
  • Late Eclipses (October Daye #4)
  • Hellforged (Deadtown, #2)
Jennifer Estep is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, prowling the streets of her imagination in search of her next fantasy idea.

Jennifer writes the Elemental Assassin adult urban fantasy series for Pocket. Books in the series are SPIDER'S BITE, WEB OF LIES, VENOM, TANGLED THREADS, SPIDER'S REVENGE, BY A THREAD, and WIDOW'S WEB. THREAD OF DEATH, an e-novella, is also available.

HAIN...more
More about Jennifer Estep...
Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1) Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3) Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy, #2) Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin, #2)

“My name is Gin, and I kill people.” 82 likes