Start by marking “The Glasswrights' Progress (Glasswright, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Glasswrights' Progress (Glasswright, #2)

The Glasswrights' Progress (Glasswright #2)

The Little Army... Rani Trader survived the destruction of her family, her glasswrights' guild, and everything else that she held dear. She has begun to settle into her new life, living in the palace of Morenia's new king. A brutal betrayal, though, within the very castle walls, results in Rani being kidnapped, carried overseas to distant Amanthia. There, Rani discovers a ...more
Published January 4th 2011 by eReads.com (first published July 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Glasswrights' Progress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Glasswrights' Progress

Janice (Janicu)
Book #2 in the Glasswright series. Klasky has created an imperfect heroine in her Glasswright's series. Much of the Glasswrights Progress has Rani being forced along a path without her being able to do much about it. She is kidnapped along with Mair to a neighboring kingdom where the caste system is very different from Morenia's, and whose king has devious plans. As usual, its tough to trust anyone's motives, and the reader is often left wondering if Hal and Rani are merely pawns in a greater ga ...more
Jamie (Books and Ladders)
It was a good sequel to a decent book. I really enjoyed seeing Rani come into her own throughout this novel, moreso than we did in the first book. She wasn't just taking orders from other people without question and had her own ideals about what is right and wrong -- and acted upon these to suit her needs. I am still not impressed that there was a two year gap between the first novel and this one as it made it feel like the first novel was a standalone and this one was a mere afterthought. Howev ...more
Gretchen
Not as good as the first one...though Rani Trader is such a great female character.
Joshua Palmatier
The Glasswrights' Progress is the second book in the Glasswright series by Mindy L. Klasky and I finished it this morning. I though the first book, The Glasswrights' Apprentice, showed some real promise for the character and the world and I was looking forward to seeing how Rani, the main character, was going to go about restoring the Glasswrights' Guild that was destroyed in the first book. That seemed to me to be the obvious plotline for continuing the series after the way the first book ended ...more
Donna
Oct 28, 2008 Donna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, fantasy
Rani and Mair are kidnapped and taken as a hostages to the land of a dangerous, oppressive king. They eventually fall in with a group that demonstrates that king's ruthlessness, an army made up of children who were stolen from their homes and proper castes. Hal faces down both his council and the shadowy Fellowship in order to avenge both their loss and the insult to his sovereignty.

I liked that there was more action, and the plot seemed a bit less random than the first book. But Rani spends too
Jill Porter
This is the prequel to The Glasswrights' Apprentice. It is filled with intrigue and violence, a smart female lead. Setting is medieval times and very descriptive.
Emily
Sep 18, 2011 Emily rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-sf, series
I skimmed a lot of this book.

The parts that detailed the brutality the "little army" visits upon each other just seemed unnecessarily detailed to me. Also, the various points of view were difficult to follow, and I didn't understand why some of the people were emphasized in the story.

I don't understand most of the relationships in this series yet, either. Why does the king think so much of Raini? Why are Raini and Mai even friends? What was up with the other prince? And the secret society? Goin
Corinne
Nov 14, 2012 Corinne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
That one was a downer! The 2nd part of this series couldn't capture my imagination as the previous book did. Rani is still the unsure girl, who'se not very active, but is merely dawn into the story. I wished her character would grow more and not stagnate like it does in this one. Also, the love story between her and a boy in the foreign kingdom is just too constructed for my taste.
Cara
Dec 10, 2007 Cara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had a bit of a slow start, but it turned out to be a very good book. Like the first book, there were a lot of twists and turns. There are also quite a few people who's loyalties are uncertain. I've learned not to get too attached to any character. There is a good possibility that they will switch sides. Overall, a good series so far.
Jun 02, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just as I had hoped, The Glasswrights' Progress is a far cry from its predecessor - The Glasswrights' Apprentice - in that the story is more intense, more mature, and significantly more horrifying.

Continue reading the rest of the review at http://www.dreamworldbooks.com/2012/0....
John
Aug 31, 2012 John rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was really good too...not quite up to the first in my opinion, but pretty darned close. Some of the characters seem almost intentionally obtuse at times which is annoying but all in all not too bad a detraction.
Terry
Not as compelling as the first book in the series. The society isn't described as well and the characters aren't really getting anywhere. I may try one more in the series but it will need to be an improvement.
Jessica
Jan 18, 2008 Jessica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This started out with new characters in a neighboring country, which I had a little trouble with at first. Where was my girl and her handsome prince? They entered the action at last, and I was well rewarded!
Jayne
Not as good as the first one. The main characters spend too much doubting themselves and Rani Trader is a pain. The majority of conversations are held more as an argument which is a bit wearisome.
The Tick
Jan 19, 2010 The Tick rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Just like in the first book, I was really intrigued by the plot but I wasn't so thrilled with the main characters, especially some of the new ones introduced in this book.
May 20, 2009 Laura rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I didn't like this book as much as the first. The story went on an unexpected tangent that lasted the entire book. Alas.
Hilary
Okay. Maybe it is a romance cloaked in fantasy trappings. Nonetheless, once the action starts, this is an enjoyable read.
Keri (JD)
Dec 07, 2009 Keri (JD) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: revenge, fantasy, tradgedy
The caste system of the country she visited was really interesting. I enjoyed reading this book because of that aspect.
Russell Dempsey
Russell Dempsey marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016
Francheska
Francheska rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2016
Sarah Darling
Sarah Darling rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2016
Kurt
Kurt rated it it was ok
Sep 18, 2016
G Turner
G Turner rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2016
Jody Mena
Jody Mena marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
R
R added it
Sep 10, 2016
Xendria
Xendria marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2016
Shannon Murphy
Shannon Murphy rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2016
Angie
Angie rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2016
  • Of Darkness, Light, and Fire
  • Daughter of Ancients (The Bridge of D'Arnath, #4)
  • The Skull of the World (The Witches of Eileanan, #5)
  • Hidden Truth (Truth, #2)
  • The Novels of Tiger and Del, Volume II
  • The Warrior's Bond (The Tales of Einarinn #4)
  • The King Betrayed
  • Gold Unicorn (Unicorn, #2)
  • Fire And Sword (Keys Of Power, Book 2)
  • The Highwayman's Footsteps
  • Greyhaven
  • The Sea Lark's Song
Mindy Klasky learned to read when her parents shoved a book in her hands and told her that she could travel anywhere in the world through stories. She never forgot that advice.

Mindy's travels took her through multiple careers, including copyright lawyer and law librarian. Mindy now writes full time. Her books fall in a number of genres -- including traditional fantasy, urban fantasy, and category
More about Mindy Klasky...

Glasswright (5 books)
  • The Glasswrights' Apprentice (Glasswright, #1)
  • The Glasswrights' Journeyman (Glasswright, #3)
  • The Glasswrights' Test (Glasswright, #4)
  • The Glasswrights' Master (Glasswright, #5)