Start by marking “The Glasswrights' Progress (Glasswright, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Glasswrights' Progress (Glasswright, #2)

The Glasswrights' Progress (Glasswright #2)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  570 ratings  ·  19 reviews
The Little Army... Rani Trader survived the destruction of her family, her glasswrights' guild, and everything else that she held dear. She has begun to settle into her new life, living in the palace of Morenia's new king. A brutal betrayal, though, within the very castle walls, results in Rani being kidnapped, carried overseas to distant Amanthia. There, Rani discovers a ...more
Published January 4th 2011 by eReads.com (first published July 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Glasswrights' Progress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Glasswrights' Progress

Janice (Janicu)
Book #2 in the Glasswright series. Klasky has created an imperfect heroine in her Glasswright's series. Much of the Glasswrights Progress has Rani being forced along a path without her being able to do much about it. She is kidnapped along with Mair to a neighboring kingdom where the caste system is very different from Morenia's, and whose king has devious plans. As usual, its tough to trust anyone's motives, and the reader is often left wondering if Hal and Rani are merely pawns in a greater ga ...more
Jamie (Books and Ladders)
It was a good sequel to a decent book. I really enjoyed seeing Rani come into her own throughout this novel, moreso than we did in the first book. She wasn't just taking orders from other people without question and had her own ideals about what is right and wrong -- and acted upon these to suit her needs. I am still not impressed that there was a two year gap between the first novel and this one as it made it feel like the first novel was a standalone and this one was a mere afterthought. Howev ...more
Caila
I remember taking forever to finish this book the first time I read it, and I remember not liking some of the characters. This time, the second time, I barely managed to drag myself through the first six chapters. Perhaps it was because feisty Rani developed into an unintelligent spoiled brat, or because I've never liked Mair, or because Hal is getting stepped on and reprimanded for a good portion of the book. What annoyed me further was the silly star-sign castes of Amanthia, and the wholly unl ...more
Joshua Palmatier
The Glasswrights' Progress is the second book in the Glasswright series by Mindy L. Klasky and I finished it this morning. I though the first book, The Glasswrights' Apprentice, showed some real promise for the character and the world and I was looking forward to seeing how Rani, the main character, was going to go about restoring the Glasswrights' Guild that was destroyed in the first book. That seemed to me to be the obvious plotline for continuing the series after the way the first book ended ...more
Donna
Rani and Mair are kidnapped and taken as a hostages to the land of a dangerous, oppressive king. They eventually fall in with a group that demonstrates that king's ruthlessness, an army made up of children who were stolen from their homes and proper castes. Hal faces down both his council and the shadowy Fellowship in order to avenge both their loss and the insult to his sovereignty.

I liked that there was more action, and the plot seemed a bit less random than the first book. But Rani spends too
Jill Porter
This is the prequel to The Glasswrights' Apprentice. It is filled with intrigue and violence, a smart female lead. Setting is medieval times and very descriptive.
Emily
I skimmed a lot of this book.

The parts that detailed the brutality the "little army" visits upon each other just seemed unnecessarily detailed to me. Also, the various points of view were difficult to follow, and I didn't understand why some of the people were emphasized in the story.

I don't understand most of the relationships in this series yet, either. Why does the king think so much of Raini? Why are Raini and Mai even friends? What was up with the other prince? And the secret society? Goin
Corinne
That one was a downer! The 2nd part of this series couldn't capture my imagination as the previous book did. Rani is still the unsure girl, who'se not very active, but is merely dawn into the story. I wished her character would grow more and not stagnate like it does in this one. Also, the love story between her and a boy in the foreign kingdom is just too constructed for my taste.
Cara
This book had a bit of a slow start, but it turned out to be a very good book. Like the first book, there were a lot of twists and turns. There are also quite a few people who's loyalties are uncertain. I've learned not to get too attached to any character. There is a good possibility that they will switch sides. Overall, a good series so far.
Just as I had hoped, The Glasswrights' Progress is a far cry from its predecessor - The Glasswrights' Apprentice - in that the story is more intense, more mature, and significantly more horrifying.

Continue reading the rest of the review at http://www.dreamworldbooks.com/2012/0....
John
This was really good too...not quite up to the first in my opinion, but pretty darned close. Some of the characters seem almost intentionally obtuse at times which is annoying but all in all not too bad a detraction.
Terry
Not as compelling as the first book in the series. The society isn't described as well and the characters aren't really getting anywhere. I may try one more in the series but it will need to be an improvement.
Jessica
This started out with new characters in a neighboring country, which I had a little trouble with at first. Where was my girl and her handsome prince? They entered the action at last, and I was well rewarded!
Jayne
Not as good as the first one. The main characters spend too much doubting themselves and Rani Trader is a pain. The majority of conversations are held more as an argument which is a bit wearisome.
The Tick
Just like in the first book, I was really intrigued by the plot but I wasn't so thrilled with the main characters, especially some of the new ones introduced in this book.
I didn't like this book as much as the first. The story went on an unexpected tangent that lasted the entire book. Alas.
Hilary
Okay. Maybe it is a romance cloaked in fantasy trappings. Nonetheless, once the action starts, this is an enjoyable read.
Keri (JD)
The caste system of the country she visited was really interesting. I enjoyed reading this book because of that aspect.
Gretchen
Not as good as the first one...though Rani Trader is such a great female character.
Cyndi
Cyndi marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Lynneal
Lynneal marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Lyndy Bls
Lyndy Bls marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
Chrisanne Penn
Chrisanne Penn marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
  • Of Darkness, Light, and Fire
  • The Forbidden Land (The Witches of Eileanan, #4)
  • Daughter of Ancients (The Bridge of D'Arnath, #4)
  • The Novels of Tiger and Del, Volume II
  • Hidden Truth (Truth, #2)
  • The Warrior's Bond (The Tales of Einarinn #4)
  • The King Betrayed
  • Gold Unicorn (Unicorn, #2)
  • Greyhaven
  • The Highwayman's Footsteps
  • Cloven Hooves
  • The Gaslight Dogs (Middle Light, #1)
  • The Jaguar Knights (King's Blades, #6)
Mindy Klasky learned to read when her parents shoved a book in her hands and told her that she could travel anywhere in the world through stories. She never forgot that advice.

Mindy's travels took her through multiple careers, including copyright lawyer and law librarian. Mindy now writes full time. Her books fall in a number of genres -- including traditional fantasy, urban fantasy, and category
More about Mindy Klasky...

Glasswright (5 books)
  • The Glasswrights' Apprentice (Glasswright, #1)
  • The Glasswrights' Journeyman (Glasswright, #3)
  • The Glasswrights' Test (Glasswright, #4)
  • The Glasswrights' Master (Glasswright, #5)
Girl's Guide to Witchcraft (Jane Madison, #1) Sorcery and the Single Girl (Jane Madison, #2) Magic and the Modern Girl (Jane Madison, #3) The Glasswrights' Apprentice (Glasswright, #1) Perfect Pitch (The Diamond Brides #1)