Start by marking “John Lennon, My Brother” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
John Lennon, My Brother

Julia Baird

John Lennon, My Brother

Published September 15th 1988 by Henry Holt & Company (first published January 1st 1988)

To ask other readers questions about John Lennon, My Brother, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about John Lennon, My Brother

Dec 17, 2010 Laura rated it really liked it
I didn't get to the theater to see 'Nowhere Boy' so I read the book it was based upon instead. It was great! John's not my favorite Beatle (that's Paul), but I was interested in finding out more about him since his early life was portrayed as so sad. Julia said that she wrote this to set the record straight - that John actually came from a large, loving family and she wanted people to know that. It does sound like his pre-Yoko family didn't get a fair shake - especially since it's clear that ...more
Lisa  Consiglio-Wolff
Feb 04, 2011 Lisa Consiglio-Wolff rated it really liked it
John Lennon has always been my favorite Beatle. This book written by his sister gave me some early insight into the man he would eventually become. I really enjoyed it! It has stuck with me all these years. I still have it and owe it a re-read soon.

For me what I love about John Lennon was his writing ability along side Paul McCartney! They mastered writing lyrics....pure poetry in my mind and there will never be another like him.

It is sad to think some kids today don't know who John Lennon is
Meri
Aug 12, 2007 Meri rated it liked it
This was a very quick read. I barely was aware that John Lennon had siblings growing up, and was curious to learn about them and the other members of his family. Told from his sister Julia's point of view, this was pretty interesting. It's a shame they never got to see each other in John's later years. It also makes me wonder if Sean's ever met them. The book was written in the 80's, so who knows. Anyway, this was a good book.
Natasha
Jul 06, 2007 Natasha rated it it was amazing
If you love the Bealtes and john Lennon, this is really great one to read. She gives alot of sweet memories of a John Lennon that most people don't think he was or could be. He was jsut a person with a really crappy childhood trying to figure things out and trying the best that he could with what he knew and beleived.
Sebnem
Jul 23, 2012 Sebnem added it
Heather
Feb 19, 2010 Heather rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Beatles fans
Recommended to Heather by: The NMT library computer
Shelves: music
It was a quick read and an interesting book. I had trouble discerning when someone had finished being quoted and when Baird restarted her narration. It was a good read, and gave a different perspective to a man known around the world.
Merenwen
Apr 29, 2009 Merenwen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biography, music
I liked this a little better than 'Imagine This', because this was written before Julia met Yoko Ono, thus there wasn't any kind of bias.
D.C. Blackbird
Aug 04, 2016 D.C. Blackbird rated it it was amazing
This was a really great book. So much interesting information and such great stories from someone who witnessed history from a rather unique perspective.
Afi
Sep 19, 2008 Afi is currently reading it
this book had been sent by my penfriend. if i can conclude about his life, he is a father, a leader and a musician of all times
Jim
Jul 21, 2012 Jim rated it it was ok
Perspective of his half-sister but the coauthor is whore for dirty information...that's right a whore...he'd blow his own Asian tiger to get a scoop....
Christina
Christina rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2011
Pierce
Pierce rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2007
Emma-jane Stevens
Emma-jane Stevens rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2016
Steve Ellerhoff
Steve Ellerhoff rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2014
Maj
Maj rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2011
Merja Pohjola
Merja Pohjola rated it liked it
May 11, 2010
Angela Joyce
Feb 27, 2009 Angela Joyce rated it really liked it
Shelves: biographies
She doesn't dish the dirt. She loved him! It's a nice book.
Ali Powell
Ali Powell rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2014
Doug Campbell
Doug Campbell rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2010
Charlotte
Charlotte rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2013
Ecem  Yücel
Ecem Yücel rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2014
Joe
Joe rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2012
Jukka
Jukka rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2012
Terry Kreutzkamp
Terry Kreutzkamp rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2013
Liz
Liz rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2013
Ben Sawyer
Ben Sawyer rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2009