Start by marking “Child of Grace” as Want to Read:
Child of Grace

Child of Grace

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  195 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews

After giving up a high-powered corporate job, mom-to-be Kelsey Anderson decides to follow her dream. She moves to her late grandmother's lake house and decides to open a quilting shop in town. Then former army doctor Luke Turner moves in next door. The war-weary man stirs feelings in Kelsey that soon make her rethink all her plans. But she has some hard decisions to make,
Published February 1st 2011 by Love Inspired (first published January 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Child of Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Child of Grace

Elainefosbrink
Mar 04, 2014 Elainefosbrink rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a God-centered romance about two very different people with different dreams coming together to help each other get over some very traumatic life situations.
Sabrina Lucero
May 26, 2016 Sabrina Lucero rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like the message of the story ... good can come out of a bad situation just have to have faith in God
Melissa
Mar 25, 2012 Melissa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I had a hard time sinking into this romance. It just didn't pull you in, and while it had a compelling story, it just wasn't catching for me for some reason.

Kelsey moved to a small Michigan town to run away from some troubles. Or rather not run but she had to alter her life after a traumatic experience. But it can't completely leave her, because the experience let her pregnant and confused about what's going to happen in her life. And when army doctor Luke moves in next door she isn't sure wheth
HarlequinRomanceReviews
Kelsey Anderson is pregnant, tired of her corporate job, and ready to move. She heads down to a beach cottage only to find that she's going to be sharing the beach with handsome Luke Turner. She's giving up her demanding job to relax into the life of running a quilt shop, and she's all set to do that...except when Luke barges into her life.

Luke Turner is a war-scarred man who has come to this town to honor a deceased friend's dream. His friend, Carlos, who died in war, made Luke promise somethin
Janine
"Child of Grace" by Irene Hannon is a great example of preservation and God's grace. I would like to warn that this book deals with the aftermath of an attack on Kelsey, but no where is the attack described in any great detail. This is a good, clean book for any adult and mature teenager.

Kelsey Anderson had a tragic event happen to her, and she has carrying the result of that event around since it happened. She must make a choice but unable to decide until she has no choice. Kelsey has to be one
Karen
Aug 09, 2015 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kelsey's private beach is not so private after her new neighbor moves in. Can she trust him or any man after her ordeal? What will she do about the baby? Luke Turner just returned from his tour of duty, taking a break before starting his new job. Can he get the funding for the youth center up and running in 6 weeks?
Paula
Mar 10, 2016 Paula rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kelsey is living in her late grandmother's cottage on a lake in Michigan after a traumatic incident that left her realizing there is more to life than the corporate ladder she was climbing. She is enjoying the peace and quiet of her life as a mother-to-be and quilt shop owner until a handsome doctor moves into the house next door. Now they share a private beach, a community project, and a spark. Kelsey has a lot of baggage, but with subtle persistence and his devotion to the project, Luke wins h ...more
Lisa
Oct 09, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
War-weary Army medic Luke Turner comes to a Minnesota lake to relax and decompress...only to find his solitude disrupted by pregnant single mother Kelsey Anderson. Luke develops a sympathy for the young mother's plight....but the reasons behind her pregnancy are not at all what you might expect.

Kelsey is a victim of rape - and has courageously decided to carry her baby rather than have an abortion. Her faith and outlook on life inspire Luke.....but will Kelsey be willing to follow him to Georgia
Kame
Mar 16, 2012 Kame rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great read by Irene Hannon

Luke comes to town to start the youth center to honor a friend's dream. He is staying at a friend's beach house on a private beach. On that private beach he meets Kelsie. Kelsie lives in the house next door, she is seven months pregnant and she has a secret.

Kelsie and Luke work together to make the youth center a reality. They become close and have feelings for each other - but first they must overcome some hurdles.

Kelsie is one of my favorite characters Ms. Han
Barbara
Jul 29, 2015 Barbara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet, simple romance. Predictable but well written.
Sheri
Jul 21, 2011 Sheri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My grade: B+. I read an excerpt of this book in the back of another Hannon book. That excerpt prompted me to read the book, and it was good. The author tackled a difficult, rarely tackled topic--rape. Not just rape, but the pregnancy resulting from it. Kelsey chooses to have the baby rather than an abortion. She spends much of the book trying to decide whether to keep the child or give it up for adoption.

Hannon did a great job developing Luke and Kelsey.
Erika
Jan 04, 2013 Erika rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
predictable, but comforting
excellent portrayl of author and her values - respect the heck out of who wrote it and looked it up after, but the novel itself lacked angst and that new romance excitement feel
was not a page turner - if you read the back of the book and had any experience with romance you have pretty much read the whole thing.....
would be a cute lifetime movie though
Donna
Jan 20, 2014 Donna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am just not much of a 'romance fiction' fan I guess. Others gave this 4 stars.
Robin
Jul 09, 2011 Robin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so sweet, any fan of Christian fiction simply must read it. Actually, there is very little "christian" anything in it so its appropriate for any fan of romance novels. It's a light, easy and quick read.
Katrina Perolino
Family-oriented. Luke and Kelsey both came from wars in their own lives, and basically you can just piece it. Really simple love story. But the baby offers a new twist. You'll have to read to understand.
Tiffany
I was apprehensive about this book as it is some sort of Harlequin (inspirational) book. My mother in law lent it to me, and it was actually pretty good. An easy, quick read.
`Candle
Jun 22, 2011 `Candle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read. I liked that the hero reluctantly must help the heroine through labor. I like how the relationship builds and how each finds love is unconditional.
Jessica
May 11, 2011 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! Great lessons about finding God and His good in the bad things that happen to us. Sweet story, quick read, very enjoyable. Highly recommend.
Maleah
Jun 19, 2012 Maleah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book so much. It showed real strength after trauma. I loved seeing the "beauty from ashes" story line. You should totally get this book.
Ashden Collige
Mar 10, 2013 Ashden Collige rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All I can say about this book is Awesome!!! Great ending to a bad situation
Englandjennifer
I wasn't a big fan of the storyline but I loved the lessons learned behind it.
Lynnea
Apr 01, 2016 Lynnea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun quick read, even though rather predictable.
Sandra
Jan 23, 2014 Sandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the book. I couldn't put the book down.
Clareece
Nov 10, 2013 Clareece rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Clareece by: my cousin Martha
Shelves: love-inspired
AWESOME!!!! A book of tragedy turned to triumph.
Carolyn E
Feb 27, 2013 Carolyn E rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story!! I enjoyed it.
PWRL
Mar 05, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
E
Ensley
Ensley marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Kaitlyn McAvoy
Kaitlyn McAvoy rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2016
Sandra Myers
Sandra Myers marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
  • The Prodigal Comes Home (Mirror Lake, #3)
  • A Holiday to Remember
  • Ready-Made Family (Wings of Refuge, #3)
  • The Wedding Garden (Redemption River, #2)
  • A Cowboy's Heart (The Cowboy Series #2)
  • The Rancher's Return (Home to Hartley Creek, #1)
  • Home Sweet Home
  • Her Small-Town Hero
  • The Doctor's Family (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #3)
  • Daddy in the Making (New Friends Street, #2)
  • Sleeping Beauty (Fairy-Tale Series #2) (Larger Print Love Inspired #415)
  • Heart of a Cowboy (Steeple Hill Love Inspired)
Irene Hannon, who writes both romance and romantic suspense, is the author of more than 45 novels. Her books have been honored with two coveted RITA Awards from Romance Writers of America (the “Oscar” of romantic fiction), a National Readers' Choice Award, three HOLT Medallions, a Daphne du Maurier Award, a Retailers Choice Award, a Booksellers' Best Award and two Reviewers' Choice Awards from RT ...more
More about Irene Hannon...