A Knight to Remember (Blood Sword Legacy. #3.5)

A Knight to Remember (Blood Sword Legacy #3.5)

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  340 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Promised to the cloister, the free-spirited Lady Mercia returns home before her final vows for her sister Rowena’s wedding to a Welsh prince. But fate intervenes when she finds a badly wounded man washed up upon the shore.

Unable to resist his fevered pleas for her help, she hides him amongst the caves she played in as a child. And there, as she nurses the handsome strange...more
Published January 19th 2011 (first published May 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Knight to Remember, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Knight to Remember

Fani
I love plots where the hero or heroine is sick and he or she nurses him/her back to health. In this case though, the wounded, feverish, amnesiac hero takes only two or three nights to not only get perfectly well but also have hot sex with the heroine.

My basic problem though was the heroine. She knew after finding the hero stranded in the beach after a shipwreck that he was a noble, not English like her and also knew that her sister's betrothed, Prince Rhodri of Wales who speaks Welsh (obviously)...more
MsRomanticReads

Kindle freebie

I occasionally enjoy a historical romance, but one that is set in the year 1068 also means that the manner of speech will be bland as hell.

A once rich noble family is in need of a fruitful betrothal between the "pretty" sister and a handsome prince. When said prince is hijacked by pirates while on his way to claim his bride, his battered body washes up on shore, conveniently located near the residence of the future bride. Mercia, the "plain" sister (who is a bit of a rebel) finds...more
Lady Raven RAVE!
This was a good novella to read, this read kind of reminds me of Cinderella with a few changes here and there. Mercia was bledge ro the Abby while her sister Rowanda was contract to wed Rhodri, but it just so happens that Mercia found Rhodri hurt with no memory she nurse him back to health, upon doing so she fell in love with him and told him her name was Rowanda her sister's name. After all this when the truth comes out you can see how there would be a little mix up. Good short read and I liked...more
Lori {Romancing the Dark Side}
A passionate and romantic medieval tale of Cinderella!

Mercy, a young woman that has been promised to an abbey of nuns by her father, returns home for her older sister's betrothal to Prince Rhodri of Dinefwr. When she stumbles upon an injured stranger near the beach who cannot remember who he is, Mercy takes him to a secluded cave to nurse him back to health. She sneaks out every chance she gets and tends to the handsome shipwrecked stranger, until caring for him becomes more than just a good dea...more
Naru
Mar 14, 2011 Naru rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: historical romance lovers
So I decided to take a break from my studies and peruse the internet for new books to read when I stumbled upon a free historical romance ebook online. Yay for freebies, gotta love them! So I decided to read and review...

A Knight to Remember was a nice, short novella written by Karin Tabke. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about Mercia and her rescue of the man on the beach. The man in question happened to be a Prince and her sister's betrothed. However, this story does have a happily ever after so...more
April
Kindle freebie. Nice, quick read in the historical romance genre — a little bit of Cinderella, a little bit of Tristan and Isolde. All in all, I like the author's writing style, but the story was a mite predictable, more so than the average romance, I mean; I spent half the book wondering how the heroine couldn't immediately jump to the conclusion that the man she rescued is the very man her family has been waiting for. Something must be holding the prince up, yes? Why not the possibility that h...more
Kristy
(excerpt from Amazon)

On his way to his betrothed, Lady Rowena, Prince Rhodri of Dinefwr is shipwrecked and badly wounded, with no memory of who he is. But he does not care; an angel of Mercy has come to claim his mind, body, soul, and–soon–his heart.

This was a cute little story...more
Shelley Hoerauf
I enjoyed the A Knight to Remember very much. I had never read this author before but saw the book free on kindle, so bought it. I wasn't disappointed at all. It was a very short read, I read it in a evening. I felt for Mercia, being the 2nd sister, the 2nd"ugly"sister. And her family not having any money to put into marrying her off, so she has to go to nunnery. I felt bad for Mercia always living in her sister's shadow. It was nice when she discovered Prince Rhodri unconscious & needing ca...more
Brittany
This was a nice quick read that I found for free on Amazon. When I downloaded it I did not realize that it was part of a series, but that did not detract from the story line in my opinion since the author did a very good job of describing the characters and story line. This historical romance kind of reminds me of Cinderella with a few twists and turns. It was too short to get fully invested in the characters but had a good enough story line to keep me hooked for the duration of the book. The re...more
Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer
I read this book in about 1 hour. It was a quick read and not very good in my opinion. The heroine rescues the hero over a 2-3 day period. They end up sleeping together and get married 2 days later. Love at first sight. Don't get me wrong the sex scenes were pretty hot and steamy but for me that was the only thing I really enjoyed about the story. Although the fact that she was a virgin and he brought her to the heights of passion 3 times that 1st night really wasn't believable.
Anna
Set in the early middle ages, this is a tale of 2 sisters. One is considered pretty and is betrothed by her father to a Welsh prince. The other sister is destined for the Church.

Things go awry when the wrong sister rescues the prince from the beach where he has landed from a shipwreck and nurses him back to health, falling in love with him along the way.

Of novella length, this is an enjoyable read and a great price on Kindle.
jD
Read this in traffic yesterday. It's a short story not a novella. There was nothing I liked about it. I was curious about the larger series it comes from. It was supposed to be fairytale-ish story. For me, it's an hour I can't get back. I should have listened to the radio. Although in all fairness, it's not the worst thing I've ever read.
Emily Liz
This was a good book but a very short read. Like I've said before, I've heard many books with almost the same story. I give this book 3 stars. Nothing good happened, just when you wanted to like the characters the book ends and you wonder what might happen next. I would of love to see more of the characters personality. =(
Angela
Splendid book! Well written and driven by a lovable hero and heroine. Really it's a novella, but Ms. Tabke manages to make the reader, like her characters, fall in love within a very short span of time. You can read this delightful tale in a quick sitting. I highly recommend A Knight to Remember! 5 Stars
Leah
very sweet and to the point. I would not list this as a novel, but more a novella. As I was reading it, I remembered I had read this book before, but it was well worth a quick read again. If I could give it 31/2 stars I would. Good love scenes.
Lauren
This was a free read from Amazon and I hadn't realized it was a series and number 3.5. I didn't feel lost and it felt as if it could be a stand alone. I enjoyed the story however I figured out the ending by chapter two.
Stacy
I love the main series but this novella felt rushed. Too many things occur in the short 200 pages. Also the dialog was too dramatic/over-the-top in several places. This would have made a delicious full paged novel.
Cynthia (aka Artemis)
Jun 25, 2010 Cynthia (aka Artemis) rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Highlanders and historicals
February 16, 2011: Second time reading this was even better.

June 25, 2010: A free read on Karin's web site. While not about any of the knights, it is still about the same historical period.
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
I'm not really a fan of love at first sight but I wasn't expecting much from this efreebie anyway and it fulfilled my need for a little historical romance and entertainment.
Steph
Oct 02, 2011 Steph marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Simon & Schuster has the short available for free until 12 July 2014 ~ find it here .
shan
A kindle freebie, historical romance. Not horrible - girl finds ship wrecked man, nurses back to health, he falls in love with her. Quick short read.
Modesty_b
I read this one before I read any story in the series. After reading the series the characters make much sense than they did at first.
Melissa Penny
When I read this I didn't know it was a series. I enjoyed the book, and a dip out of paranormal was interesting.
Vivian Archer
Sweet medieval tale. Interesting, and makes me want to track down the others in the series.
Bobbie
They didnt say it was a novella, so I was just getting into it and it was over. :(
Beth F.
This book had too much plot and too few pages. Not awful, but not memorable.
Emily
Very short novella, pretty good considering it was free on kindle.
Sbatdorf
This was a great in between book that I wish had been continued.
Destiny
The heroine was a little slow in the head.
Lizzielvr
Good taste Karin Tabke Blood Sword series...
  • Silken Threads (Wexford Family, #1)
  • Wild Desire (Wild, #2)
  • One Snowy Knight (The Dragons of Challon #3)
  • Knight of Seduction
  • Nate (Devils on Horseback,  #1)
  • A Winter Ballad
  • The Mudlark
  • Through a Dark Mist (Robin Hood, #1)
  • A Hint of Rapture
  • Love Transposed
  • The Hunger
  • The Mistress' House
  • The Warrior's Wife
  • In the Garden of Temptation (Garden, #1)
  • The Pursuit of Pleasure (Dartmouth Brides, #1)
  • Love, Unexpectedly (Wild Ride To Love #2)
  • The Deadliest Sin
  • A Darker Shade of Dead (Guardians of the Dark, #3)
For a long time, controlled chaos ruled Karin’s life. Busy mother of four, owner of her own successful business and wife to a street cop, she harbored thoughts of twisting plots and hot romantic scenes. Now, with only one child left at home and hubby retired from law enforcement, Karin happily pounds out those steamy scenes at her keyboard.

Still semi-distracted by her adult children (Yay! no more...more
More about Karin Tabke...
Blood Law (Blood Moon Rising Trilogy, #1) Bloodright (Blood Moon Rising Trilogy,   #2) Blood Vow (Blood Moon Rising Trilogy, #3) Master of Surrender (Blood Sword Legacy, #1) Good Girl Gone Bad (Hot Cops, #1)