Start by marking “Dear Peter Rabbit” as Want to Read:
Dear Peter Rabbit

Dear Peter Rabbit (Dear Peter Rabbit #1)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  104 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Presents letters between such fairy tale characters as Goldilocks, Baby Bear, Peter Rabbit, and the Three Pigs.
Published February 1st 1997 by Turtleback Books (first published March 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Dear Peter Rabbit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dear Peter Rabbit

Crystal Marcos
Feb 23, 2012 Crystal Marcos rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fairy tales readers, fable lovers
This was a fun story written in letters from fairy tale characters to fairy tale characters. It was humorous with the mentions of fables like little bear telling Goldilocks to knock before she enter when she comes for her next visit. The letters cleverly intertwined the story together and the art work had amazing details. It was a bit lengthy but otherwise a very enjoyable read.
Devon
LIBS 642 PICTURE BOOK LOG
Category: TUMBLEBOOKS
Source: LOV

Dear Peter Rabbit is a uniquely created picture book that encompasses the famous folk tale characters and letters they have written to one another. From One of the Three little pigs to Peter Rabbit to Goldilocks to Baby Bear as well as the likes of Little Red Riding Hood, the Big Bad Wolf and more! These letters show a fantasy world connection of fairy tale legends through creative illustrations and clever invitational ruses.

I chose this
Randi Rezendes
Beautifully illustrated letters thay tie together nursery rhymes and dairy tales we all know.
Donna
Clever mix of different fairy tale characters writing letters to each other. Fun read.
Beckie Coldiron
"Dear Peter Rabbit" is a creative book filled with letters from different popular fairy tales, as they write to one another. This book would be excellent in the classroom when implementing letter writing; in fact, you could have your students use one of the letters in the book as a model. Therefore, you have several different types of writing prompts. I'd also use this book when discussing point of view, since there are several writers in this book, with several points of view. Additionally, I'd ...more
Erika
a lovely exchange of letters between Favourite characters
Dianna
This book is a compilation of letters between characters in several different tales: Peter Rabbit, The Three Bears, The Three Little Pigs, and Little Red Riding Hood. The idea of the characters all sending each other letters is very cute. The letters themselves aren't perfectly done: they're a bit wordy for reading out loud in one sitting and the fonts bothered me. The illustrations are very well done, with lots of fun details.
Brooke Devarennes
I loved this book! It combined tons of fairy tales like, Goldilocks & the Three Bears, The Three Little Pigs, Peter Rabbit, Red Ridding Hood, etc. This book is written in Letter form, or "Dear... Sincerely..." This would be a great mentor text for learning how to write a letter, learning what an address is, & what P.S. means.
Marianna Randazzo
This book is perfect for teaching kids about writing letters and about how one story can be told through many different points of view.

Given Away, A Sicilian Upbringing
Dolly
Dec 18, 2010 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2010, childrens
This is a fun series of correspondence between various fairytale characters. It shows the proper way to format a letter and incorporates the plot lines from several different stories. It's a fun story to read aloud. Our girls enjoyed watching the story on the Tumblebooks website. (tumblebooks.com)
Jennifer Park
Dear Peter Rabbit
I like this story because it presents letters between classic fairy tale characters. I like the fact that it uses characters that students are already familiar with. I would use this book to demonstrate letter writing. I would teach the basic layout of a letter.
Kim
This was so cute. Not ideal for a storytime, but as a readaloud at home it could be reasonably fun, especially with different voices for all of the characters. Love how the stories intertwined, and the classical illustrations--reminded my of my childhood Peter Rabbit books.
Dee
Once again the story is written in letter form. The letters were great and the illustrations were delightfully detailed. When will those wolves learn to get along with others? They could be having a better time at a party than looking for tail repair.
Mrs. Downs
GR Level: N

Elementary: E ADA

This is the first book in the Hidden Forest set. Read letters written back and forth by some of your favorite fairy tale characters and see how they all know each other! Fun idea!
Kim Miller
Some Background information is needed when reading this book. The letters all go together, but the reader needs to know the stories that are referenced like The Three Little Pigs, Red Riding Hood, Goldilocks and the Three Bears and more.
Katherine
Text consists of interesting letters between Peter Rabbit and the 3 Little Pigs. Also includes letters between Goldilocks and the Littlest Bear. Other nursery rhyme characters are also mentioned within the letters. Creative.
Xaka
This is a story told through letters written among friends. Good for learning how to write a proper letter in Spanish! Plus, the letters themselves are cute to read. Animal and human friends together in one book.
Lori Shook
I love this book. It's so cute and the concept is original and humorous. Characters from different stories (Goldilocks, Three Little Bears, Peter Rabbit, Little Red Riding Hood))are writing letters to one another.
Erica
This is the first book in the Hidden Forest set or the "Dear Peter Rabbit". Read letters written back and forth by some of your favorite fairy tale characters and see how they all know each other! Fun idea!
Cheryl
Do try to read these in order, as I was confused, reading the third 1st, how everyone got to know each other. I liked learning in this one that Goldilocks's surname is MacGregor... ;)
Angelene Hanna
This book imagines the content of correspondence between various fairytale characters. Perfect to wrap up a fairytale unit or serve as a model for a writing prompt.
Mary
This story cleverly weaves together a number of well known fairytales and children's classics through a series of letters. Well done.
Teri
Great book to illustrate letter writing! Really clever mingling of Goldilocks, Red Riding Hood, the Three Pigs, and Peter Rabbit.
Shannon
THE JOLLY POSTMAN fan in me loved this book. I'm interested to read the books in the series that follow this one.
M
Oct 30, 2008 M rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: childrens
Another good mix of stories. This integrates Goldilocks, the Three Little Pigs, Peter Rabbit, and more.
Cynthia
Great viewpoint of a story told through letters from different characters. Very creative.
Anna
Grades: K-6
A fun fractured fairy tale
Uses: letter writing, point of view, and prediction
Jamie
A charming melding of classic fairytale characters through letters to each other.
Sheila Read
I love all scholastic books they are really good to read to the kids.
Alice
familiar fairy tale characters
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
(http://facebook.com/almaflorada)

Dr. Ada was the founder and First Editor in Chief of :
NABE, Journal of the National Association for Bilingual Education

She has been active for many years in various professional associations including : IRA, International Reading Association
CRA, California Reading Association
CABE, California Association for Bilingual Education
USIBBY, US Branch of the International
More about Alma Flor Ada...
I Love Saturdays y Domingos My Name Is Maria Isabel Dancing Home Gathering the Sun: An Alphabet In Spanish And English ¡Pio Peep!: Traditional Spanish Nursery Rhymes