Start by marking “Monster Hunter Orage 1” as Want to Read:
Monster Hunter Orage 1

Monster Hunter Orage 1 (Monster Hunter Orage #1)

Shiki's mission is to wonder to the ends of the Earth to hunt down a terrifying monster of legends! His companion is Ailee, a skilled huntress who would rather have nothing to do with the airheaded Shiki. Now the excitement of the Monster Hunter games meets the creative genius of Fairy Tale's Hiro Mashima in a fun, thrill-filled fantasy adventure!
Published June 28th 2011 by Kodansha Comics (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Monster Hunter Orage 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monster Hunter Orage 1

Gally
Mar 04, 2014 Gally rated it liked it
Monster Hunter Orage, Vol. 1 Review by Gally Lines (3/5 stars)

LestISmiteThee.wordpress.com

I've been a die-hard Monster Hunter fan since the first game on PS2, so when I saw Hiro Mashima's Monster Hunter Orage at the store, I had to give it a shot even though I generally think graphic novel adaptations of other works are mediocre at best.

Unfortunately, this manga was a mediocre spin-off too.

Capcom gave Mashima "full freedom" with the MH universe to create his own characters, locations, and ev
Dec 26, 2011 Sarah rated it liked it
I really didn't expect too much from this as I don't know much about the original franchise, but the story is actually quite entertaining and the characters are very enjoyable.
Lucinda
Feb 16, 2017 Lucinda rated it liked it
Séverine
Monster Hunter Orage est un manga adapté du jeu-vidéo éponyme. N'ayant pas jouer à celui-ci, je n'avais donc pas d'appréhension, si ce n'est que j'avais peur de retrouver un Fairy Tail 2, avec une guilde, un personnage principal qui ressemble à Natsu de visage, et cette quête de tuer un monstre bien précis.

L'histoire commence avec Shiki, un jeune homme qui ressemble beaucoup à Natsu tant au niveau du visage que sa façon de positiver en toute situation, sortant des phrases pseudo-philosophiques d
Holly Letson
Honestly, I read this because my fiance' is a big fan of the *Monster Hunter* video games, and I was kinda curious what they're all about. Neither of us are really sure which--if any--game that this series is actually based on.

This series is by the same mangaka as Fairy Tail--Hiro Mashima--so, for a little while, I had to keep reminding myself that the main characters were not just Natsu with black hair and bossy brat that could easily pass for Lucy's sister.

That aside, it was a good story t
Olivia Dunlap
May 02, 2015 Olivia Dunlap rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned
The translation is pretty bad, the writing is meh, and the characters (primarily just the main protagonist) is severely annoying at times. It does, however, shine in the combat sequences, and does a good job of capturing some of the unique experience of playing the Monster Hunter games. However, I wouldn't recommend it in the slightest to anyone who isn't a fan of the games, as a lot of it won't make any sense and it will lose most (I would say all, if not for a good portion of the artwork) of i ...more
Дени Проданова
От далеч се познава почерка на Хиро Машима. Няма как да се сбърка кой е правил тази манга просто. Типично в негов стил както от към арт, така и от към история. Интересни и откачени герои, големи оръжия, гилдии, приятелство, мечта и така нататък (ако сте чели каквото и да е негово ще намерите елементите). А Шики (протагониста в случая) е толкова досаден, че чак е сладък. Ако съм на мястото на Ирие сигурно по цял ден ще се чудя дали да го пребия или да му се смея.
Roxanne
Reminds of Fairy Tail storyline wise in regards to the hunting monsters and guilds and characters with tragic backgrounds regarding their parents and/or teachers - and their corresponding arch-nemesis or villain(s) - with overtones of humour to balance the action scenes. Solid library book read, if the library continues to purchase series.
Raúl
Jun 03, 2012 Raúl rated it liked it
Un shonen normalito y entretenido. De momento en este tomo muy introductorio presentan a los personajes y su misión. Como son sólo 4 tomos, será un manga ligero, ideal para estos días calurosos en los que no apetece pensar demasiado.
Brad
Sep 25, 2013 Brad rated it it was amazing
It is by far the best book ever. I will definitely reading ever book in the series before I move on to different books. Everyone should read this book
Patty
Sep 12, 2013 Patty rated it really liked it
I've never played the Monster Hunter games, but I am a fan of Hiro Mashima's works...this was a pretty solid short series!
Jennette
Jennette rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2014
Jim Len
Jim Len rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2013
Tayna Tavares
Tayna Tavares rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2012
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2016
Thomas
Thomas rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2015
Altuğ Kamacıoğlu
Altuğ Kamacıoğlu rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2016
♡Susanna
♡Susanna rated it it was ok
Jul 22, 2015
Pete Sinclair
Pete Sinclair rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2014
Josie Portilla
Josie Portilla rated it liked it
May 28, 2015
Tad
Tad rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2013
Elisabeth
Elisabeth rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2016
Daken Howlett
Daken Howlett rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2014
Gabby Greenebaum
Gabby Greenebaum rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2013
Dolores
Mar 13, 2016 Dolores rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars
Lori
Lori rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2011
Atannen
Atannen rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2017
mine mine (semi-hiatus)
mine mine (semi-hiatus) rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2012
Noah Gislason
Noah Gislason rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was ok
Apr 18, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Volumes 1-3
  • NORA: The Last Chronicle of Devildom, Vol. 1 (Nora, #1)
  • 07-Ghost, Volume 10
  • Soul Eater, Vol. 17 (Soul Eater, #17)
  • Princess Resurrection, Vol. 02 (Princess Resurrection. #2)
  • Witch Hunter Vol. 1-2
  • Beelzebub, Vol. 06: Saint Ishiyama Academy (Beelzebub, #6)
  • Crimson Empire Vol. 2: Circumstances to Serve a Noble
  • Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 4
Hiro Mashima is a Japanese manga artist most known for his fantasy manga Groove Adventure Rave, published by Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine, from 1999 to 2005. The series was later adapted into an anime. However, the anime adaption was cancelled before it could complete the series.
More about Hiro Mashima...

Monster Hunter Orage (4 books)
  • Monster Hunter Orage 2