Monster Hunter Orage 1

Monster Hunter Orage 1 (Monster Hunter Orage #1)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  118 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Shiki's mission is to wonder to the ends of the Earth to hunt down a terrifying monster of legends! His companion is Ailee, a skilled huntress who would rather have nothing to do with the airheaded Shiki. Now the excitement of the Monster Hunter games meets the creative genius of Fairy Tale's Hiro Mashima in a fun, thrill-filled fantasy adventure!
Published June 28th 2011 by Kodansha Comics (first published January 1st 2008)

Gally
Monster Hunter Orage, Vol. 1 Review by Gally Lines (3/5 stars)

LestISmiteThee.wordpress.com

I've been a die-hard Monster Hunter fan since the first game on PS2, so when I saw Hiro Mashima's Monster Hunter Orage at the store, I had to give it a shot even though I generally think graphic novel adaptations of other works are mediocre at best.

Unfortunately, this manga was a mediocre spin-off too.

Capcom gave Mashima "full freedom" with the MH universe to create his own characters, locations, and even...more
Bribookreviews
Reminded me waaaay to much of fairy tail, and not in a good way.
Roxanne
Reminds of Fairy Tail storyline wise in regards to the hunting monsters and guilds and characters with tragic backgrounds regarding their parents and/or teachers - and their corresponding arch-nemesis or villain(s) - with overtones of humour to balance the action scenes. Solid library book read, if the library continues to purchase series.
Raúl
Un shonen normalito y entretenido. De momento en este tomo muy introductorio presentan a los personajes y su misión. Como son sólo 4 tomos, será un manga ligero, ideal para estos días calurosos en los que no apetece pensar demasiado.
I really didn't expect too much from this as I don't know much about the original franchise, but the story is actually quite entertaining and the characters are very enjoyable.
Brad
It is by far the best book ever. I will definitely reading ever book in the series before I move on to different books. Everyone should read this book
Patty
I've never played the Monster Hunter games, but I am a fan of Hiro Mashima's works...this was a pretty solid short series!
Elsa
This was ok, but I probably won't read any more volumes.
Denisa
Another rating: 7/10 (for whole series!)
Teresa Scarlet
Teresa Scarlet marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Lareine
Lareine is currently reading it
Jul 20, 2014
Mistyque
Mistyque marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Bay66
Bay66 is currently reading it
Jun 30, 2014
Vitor
Vitor marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
John Espejo
John Espejo marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Taya
Taya added it
Jun 09, 2014
Steve Pearce
Steve Pearce marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Ryan The
Ryan The marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Ariel
Ariel marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Tigertiger
Tigertiger marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Hiro Mashima is a Japanese manga artist most known for his fantasy manga Groove Adventure Rave, published by Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine, from 1999 to 2005. The series was later adapted into an anime. However, the anime adaption was cancelled before it could complete the series.
More about Hiro Mashima...
Fairy Tail, Vol. 01 (Fairy Tail, #1) Fairy Tail, Vol. 02 (Fairy Tail, #2) Fairy Tail, Vol. 11 (Fairy Tail, #11) Fairy Tail, Vol. 03 (Fairy Tail, #3) Fairy Tail, Vol. 10 (Fairy Tail, #10)