Start by marking “Monster Hunter Orage 1” as Want to Read:
Monster Hunter Orage 1

Monster Hunter Orage 1 (Monster Hunter Orage #1)

Shiki's mission is to wonder to the ends of the Earth to hunt down a terrifying monster of legends! His companion is Ailee, a skilled huntress who would rather have nothing to do with the airheaded Shiki. Now the excitement of the Monster Hunter games meets the creative genius of Fairy Tale's Hiro Mashima in a fun, thrill-filled fantasy adventure!
Published June 28th 2011 by Kodansha Comics (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Monster Hunter Orage 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monster Hunter Orage 1

Mar 05, 2014 Gally rated it liked it
Monster Hunter Orage, Vol. 1 Review by Gally Lines (3/5 stars)

I've been a die-hard Monster Hunter fan since the first game on PS2, so when I saw Hiro Mashima's Monster Hunter Orage at the store, I had to give it a shot even though I generally think graphic novel adaptations of other works are mediocre at best.

Unfortunately, this manga was a mediocre spin-off too.

Capcom gave Mashima "full freedom" with the MH universe to create his own characters, locations, and ev
Monster Hunter Orage est un manga adapté du jeu-vidéo éponyme. N'ayant pas jouer à celui-ci, je n'avais donc pas d'appréhension, si ce n'est que j'avais peur de retrouver un Fairy Tail 2, avec une guilde, un personnage principal qui ressemble à Natsu de visage, et cette quête de tuer un monstre bien précis.

L'histoire commence avec Shiki, un jeune homme qui ressemble beaucoup à Natsu tant au niveau du visage que sa façon de positiver en toute situation, sortant des phrases pseudo-philosophiques d
Holly Letson
Honestly, I read this because my fiance' is a big fan of the *Monster Hunter* video games, and I was kinda curious what they're all about. Neither of us are really sure which--if any--game that this series is actually based on.

This series is by the same mangaka as Fairy Tail--Hiro Mashima--so, for a little while, I had to keep reminding myself that the main characters were not just Natsu with black hair and bossy brat that could easily pass for Lucy's sister.

That aside, it was a good story t
Dec 28, 2011 Sarah rated it liked it
I really didn't expect too much from this as I don't know much about the original franchise, but the story is actually quite entertaining and the characters are very enjoyable.
Olivia Dunlap
Feb 04, 2016 Olivia Dunlap rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned
The translation is pretty bad, the writing is meh, and the characters (primarily just the main protagonist) is severely annoying at times. It does, however, shine in the combat sequences, and does a good job of capturing some of the unique experience of playing the Monster Hunter games. However, I wouldn't recommend it in the slightest to anyone who isn't a fan of the games, as a lot of it won't make any sense and it will lose most (I would say all, if not for a good portion of the artwork) of i ...more
Mar 13, 2016 Dolores rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars
Дени Проданова
От далеч се познава почерка на Хиро Машима. Няма как да се сбърка кой е правил тази манга просто. Типично в негов стил както от към арт, така и от към история. Интересни и откачени герои, големи оръжия, гилдии, приятелство, мечта и така нататък (ако сте чели каквото и да е негово ще намерите елементите). А Шики (протагониста в случая) е толкова досаден, че чак е сладък. Ако съм на мястото на Ирие сигурно по цял ден ще се чудя дали да го пребия или да му се смея.
Reminds of Fairy Tail storyline wise in regards to the hunting monsters and guilds and characters with tragic backgrounds regarding their parents and/or teachers - and their corresponding arch-nemesis or villain(s) - with overtones of humour to balance the action scenes. Solid library book read, if the library continues to purchase series.
Jun 03, 2012 Raúl rated it liked it
Un shonen normalito y entretenido. De momento en este tomo muy introductorio presentan a los personajes y su misión. Como son sólo 4 tomos, será un manga ligero, ideal para estos días calurosos en los que no apetece pensar demasiado.
Sep 25, 2013 Brad rated it it was amazing
It is by far the best book ever. I will definitely reading ever book in the series before I move on to different books. Everyone should read this book
Dec 22, 2013 Patty rated it really liked it
I've never played the Monster Hunter games, but I am a fan of Hiro Mashima's works...this was a pretty solid short series!
Mar 26, 2015 Seridion rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2015 Bribookreviews rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
Reminded me waaaay to much of fairy tail, and not in a good way.
Sep 30, 2011 Elsa rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga-gn
This was ok, but I probably won't read any more volumes.
Jan 13, 2013 Denisa rated it liked it
Another rating: 7/10 (for whole series!)
Daniel Joshua
Daniel Joshua marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2016
Kristin Ogarp
Kristin Ogarp marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2016
Sobilari marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
Sobilari marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
Saya rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2016
Karasa marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Griffin Warnstaff
Griffin Warnstaff rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2016
Ονι rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Nana added it
Aug 17, 2016
Francesca Troiani
Francesca Troiani marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
Maria rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2016
Kirri marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Volumes 1-3
  • NORA: The Last Chronicle of Devildom, Vol. 1 (Nora, #1)
  • 07-Ghost, Volume 10
  • Soul Eater, Vol. 17 (Soul Eater, #17)
  • Princess Resurrection, Vol. 02 (Princess Resurrection. #2)
  • Witch Hunter Vol. 1-2
  • Beelzebub, Vol. 06: Saint Ishiyama Academy (Beelzebub, #6)
  • Crimson Empire Vol. 2: Circumstances to Serve a Noble
  • Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 4
Hiro Mashima is a Japanese manga artist most known for his fantasy manga Groove Adventure Rave, published by Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine, from 1999 to 2005. The series was later adapted into an anime. However, the anime adaption was cancelled before it could complete the series.
More about Hiro Mashima...

Monster Hunter Orage (4 books)
  • Monster Hunter Orage 2