Start by marking “Jackie's Jokes (Sisters Eight, #4)” as Want to Read:
Jackie's Jokes (Sisters Eight, #4)

Jackie's Jokes (Sisters Eight #4)

Jackie s turn! Book four in this exciting new series!

April has finally arrived. How lucky of Jackie to have such a lovely month to tell her story. It starts off with fun and laughter on April Fool s Day, and then all the beautiful flowers start to bloom and then . . . Wait a minute. April fifteenth. That s not a fun day. That s the day every adult dreads Tax Day!

The Eights
Published April 20th 2009 by Harcourt Brace and Company (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Jackie's Jokes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jackie's Jokes

jennifer
Another great addition to the eights adventure! And the prologues continue to be a great feature of each book - finding a unique way to say the same thing about what happened in previous adventures, yet still feel engaging. And the prologue in book 4 did not disappoint. It has nice interactions with the reader - pointing out that the book is talking to the reader. I think kids will really like this aspect, especially because it uses this technique to recap the story without being boring and invo ...more
Sep 10, 2011 Jennifer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
It's amazing how quickly Thursday and Friday fly by when you know you are going to see your CPA on Saturday.

Talk about a sentence I never thought I'd read in a book, much less in one that's meant for children. I'm starting to think that this series, written collaboratively by a mom, dad, and their daughter, is a way for the mom and dad to impart future adult knowledge to their daughter in a fun, girly, octuplet package.

(Hmm.)
Dolly
Jun 02, 2012 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the fourth book in the Sisters Eight series by Lauren Baratz-Logsted, Greg Logsted, and Jackie Logsted. Our oldest daughter discovered the first book of this series recently at our local library and fell in love immediately. We've borrowed the next few books in the series and she's read several of them quickly in succession.

We actually read this book together, but for some reason, I would quickly fall asleep while reading it. I guess I just didn't enjoy this book as much as the others.
Lady Knight
Kaethe
Both my daughters love this new series starring eight eight-year-old sisters, mystery, adventure, and a huge dose of humor. The Huit sisters live in an unusual house, shared with eight unusual cats. In the way of multiples, the sisters find ways to distinguish themselves from one another, and Baratz-Logsted has done a brilliant job of imagining the conflicts and the joys of sisterhood. The set-up allows for each sister to discover a new and unexpected capacity within herself.

April Fools is suita
Kat
Jul 24, 2012 Kat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the book, but in the beginning of the book it was April 1 so everyone was playing practical jokes on each other. Some of the jokes were funny but others weren't. I like how Jackie's power allows her to be faster than a speeding train. I thought it was weird how the note behind the loose stone in the drawing room said "beware the other eights." I like how Annie's gift was a ring, how Durinda's gift was a pair of clip on earrings, how Georgia's gift was a little pocket mirror, and how Jack ...more
Leesa
Sep 14, 2012 Leesa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
On January 1st Annie, Durinda, Georgia, Jackie, Marcia, Petal, Rebecca, and Zinnia’s mommy and daddy went missing. While Mommy is making eggnog, and Daddy is collecting fire wood, they mysteriously disappear. Octuplets all alone! In order to find Mommy and Daddy they must discover their powers. Annie finds her power and gift, super smarts and a purple ring, Durinda’s power and gift are, freezing people (except Zinnia) and green earrings, Georgia’s power and gift are invisibility and a gold compa ...more
Jenn Estepp
fourth book in the sisters eight series ... pretty on par with the rest of the series. this one gets point for being the only kids book i can think of that makes a plot point out of tax day and for the cliffhanger ending.
Caren
8 sisters. Names: Annie to Zinnia.
Parents have disappeared.
Each girl has a super power.
It wore me out, but think young girls might enjoy the fun and fantasy.
The girls find mysterious notes that have been left to them under a stone.
Izzy
Jul 02, 2012 Izzy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like the book a lot, but the same thing happens in every book.
One of them finds a power and their gift.

It didn't really go anywhere that much, but they had little adventures that I enjoyed.
Madison
Jul 08, 2012 Madison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Would love to have Jackies power
Dyah
The fun and silliness of the Sisters 8 continues :)
It's a pity that the conflict in this fourth book, in my opinion, rather dull, but here for the first time we got a cliffhanger. Intriguing, eh?
Marta Ferguson
Oct 25, 2012 Marta Ferguson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grade
Can't remember library books ever having had such heavy usage at our house! In three weeks, I've read the series once, but C is halfway through a third round already!
Lula
Sep 11, 2014 Lula rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great book in the entertaining Eights series.
Angie
Jul 08, 2012 Angie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juvenile-fic
Alert ahead ... CLIFFHANGER ENDING!

The beauty of discovering a series later on. We're inching closer and closer to four stars.
Landy Anderson
Aug 30, 2013 Landy Anderson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely LOVE every book in this series so far. Fun characters and a cool story. I love it. I have read this books so rapidly, I am reading the one a day. I look forward to Marcia's month.
Luca
Oct 12, 2011 Luca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love all the sisters eight.
Amy Katherine
Feb 24, 2015 Amy Katherine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"What & AWESOME cliffhanger and the mystery about whos leaving the notes & what about the other 8s?''
Kaytee
Jan 02, 2016 Kaytee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it was cool i wish i was like jackies speed because her power is to run super fast i thought that was cool
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jackie's power is speed. She can do things really fast.
Inge Clements
Feb 28, 2016 Inge Clements rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
F

G b b h h b h h h h h j j j ::) :/ n n n nn
Reese
Reese rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2014
Sukhman
Sukhman rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2014
Meredith
Meredith rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2011
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2017
Peggy Shea Andrews
Peggy Shea Andrews rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2014
Anne Sinclair
Anne Sinclair rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2017
Anna
Anna rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2016
  • Murder on the Fourth of July (Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys: Super Mystery, #28)
  • Special Delivery (Main Street, #8)
  • Sammy Keyes and the Wedding Crasher (Sammy Keyes, #13)
  • Rescuing Seneca Crane (Kari + Lucas Mysteries, #2)
  • Storm Warning (Dog Whisperer, #2)
  • Gilda Joyce: The Dead Drop (Gilda Joyce, #4)
Lauren grew up in Monroe, CT, where her father owned a drugstore at which her mother was the pharmacist. She is a graduate of the University of Connecticut at Storrs, where she majored in psychology. She also has what she calls her “half-Masters” in English from Western Connecticut State University (five courses down, another five to go…someday!).

Throughout college, she worked semester breaks as a
More about Lauren Baratz-Logsted...

Sisters Eight (9 books)
  • Annie's Adventures (Sisters Eight, #1)
  • Durinda's Dangers (Sisters Eight, #2)
  • Georgia's Greatness (Sisters Eight, #3)
  • Marcia's Madness (Sisters Eight, #5)
  • Petal's Problems (Sisters Eight, #6)
  • Rebecca's Rashness (Sisters Eight, #7)
  • Zinnia's Zaniness (Sisters Eight, #8)
  • The Final Battle... For Now (Sisters Eight, #9)

“but seven of us went to where she was standing, looked” 0 likes