Start by marking “Eternity Embraced (Demonica, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Eternity Embraced (Demonica, #3.5)

Eternity Embraced (Demonica #3.5)

4.03  ·  Rating Details ·  5,154 Ratings  ·  288 Reviews
Desire...
Demon slayer Andrea Cole has always taken down the demons and vampires she hunts without mercy. But when a fellow slayer is captured and turned into a vampire by a sadistic monster, she must choose between loyalty to her family and the man she loves.

Versus Instinct...
Kaden Quinn has dedicated his life to slaying vampires, so when he is turned into one, his gre
Published January 20th 2011 by Larissa Ione

To ask other readers questions about Eternity Embraced, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eternity Embraced

Alp
Sep 06, 2016 Alp rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars.

Very short but amazing! I finished this novella in one sitting. Larissa Ione is the best!!
Alex is The Romance Fox
This was one that I hadn’t read in Larissa Ione’s fantastic Demonica Series and to be honest I don’t think I got anything amazing out of this very very short novella….44 pages!!! Really!!! I am so not a fan of short stories/novellas…most of them feel like …..shall we make a wee bit more cash out of our fans!!!! What exactly do we get out of these pages that are an important addition to the series???

Allright, so we now know how Kade Quinn, vampire slayer, is turned into one himself and how the w
Robert
Apr 11, 2013 Robert rated it it was ok
I admit I like free shit. I also admit I’m not entirely rational in my thought process. For example, I happily hand over my Bouchercon and Left Coast Crime Conference fees and feel like I’ve won the lottery when I receive a bag filled with books. Seriously, this ends up being one of the major highlights of these conferences. So in my continued pursuit of this high, minus the conference fees, I have decided to scour Amazon for the best free short stories and books available. With that being said, ...more
Sophia Triad
Aug 23, 2015 Sophia Triad rated it it was amazing
Shelves: demons, vampires
This is the story of two demon hunters, Kaden and Andrea. When Kaden is captured by vampires and he is turned into one, he thinks that his life is over. He refuses to live, he refuses to drink blood.
Unfortunately Andrea is captured by the same vampires and she is thrown into his cell. Bloodlusted Kaden will try to keep away from her, but the hunger is consuming him.

Their love will survive this test and Andrea will convince Kaden that he is not the monster he thinks he is.

Now they just need to f
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Set in the Demonica world, Andrea and Kaden are both Aegi guardians but when Kaden is turned into a vampire, Andrea is forced to kill the man she loves.

I loved the story and the only complaint is that I wish it were longer. There is some mention of the New York cell where Kynan and Tayla work, but otherwise there is no real overlapping of the others in the series.
Katie Michaels
Mar 05, 2011 Katie Michaels rated it it was amazing
This short story is Larissa Ione doing what she does best: steaming up the pages until they are practically on fire. Amazon.com places this book before Ecstasy Unveiled but since it references the couple from that book, I think it belongs after it. It's not a big deal either way. This is really a stand-alone story with a cameo from Tayla & Eidelon at the end and can really be read at any point.

Our main characters are two demon hunters, Kaden and Andrea. Kaden has been captured by the vampire
Ronda  Tutt
Feb 04, 2011 Ronda Tutt rated it it was amazing
Excellent! HOT!

Another great read by Larissa Ione - a world where the Ageis known as Guardians hunt down the creatures of the underworld but when one of them actually becomes one of those creatures, where do they turn? I love the fact that they still find in themselves that they still hold that sense of humanity but with intensified sences, that they still have feelings and still love, and mainly that they realize there will always be the good, the bad, and the ugly no matter what world you come
Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞
I think the only bad thing about this novella is that it's too short but I am glad that Larissa Ione made it a bit longer than it was orginally.

It was interesting to see how Kaden, a Guardian turned Vampire, dealt with his circumstances and with Andrea, the Guardian he was/is in love with. Didn't hurt that there were some hot scenes as well. It was also nice to have a bit of Tanya and Eidolon.
namericanwordcat
The Aegis has never been my favorite group in this world but this is a lovely couple coming out of the group.

It is a sweet romance of a couple that is already together when the hero becomes a vampire. I don't think the novella gives enough space to deal with the paradigm shift the that the heroine and hero need to overcome but the romance and adventure is fierece.
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Eternity Embraced is a fast paced and entertaining novella, featuring Andrea, a feisty little slayer who’s sexy boyfriend and fellow slayer, Kayden, has been captured by vampires. She enters the vampire’s layer knowing that if he is still alive then he has been changed and she must kill him. But when she finds the same man she loved, minus a heart beat and with a new set of fangs, she is torn between what she has been trained to do and what her heart is telling her.
Andrea is determined to make a
Heather Blair
May 19, 2014 Heather Blair rated it it was ok
I wanted to read something professional but light because I have been reading so much indie stuff, not that some of the indie stuff hasn't been great. But I just wanted to clear my head a bit and remind myself what 'professional' is supposed to look like.

I have heard lots of good stuff about this writer and I was hoping she would become a new fave.

Well, she won't based on this book. Not that it wasn't decent. I can see liking her style much more in a novel form where hopefully she fleshes out h
Zeek
Feb 07, 2011 Zeek rated it it was ok
Shelves: pnr, kindle
I dont know why I bother with these- the shortness of the format ends up just being a major tease and majorly frustrating with not enough payoff to boot. Thank God I didnt shell out the money for the antho this was in- I would have been P.O.'d to be sure. No emotional investment in the characters, a prdictable plot, 20 minutes to start and finish, and I was outtie.

Still, it was a Demonica, so it could have been worse. :/
Cindy
Jun 04, 2016 Cindy rated it it was amazing
Andrea and Kaden are both Gaurdians but when Kaden is caught and turned Andrea has to decide whether she will stick by Kaden or kill him. I enjoyed watching them realize that there is more to a person than their biology. If a person has a good soul, no matter how their bodies change, they still have a good soul.
Dee
Originally read in May 2011 rated ★★★★

Re-Read July 2013 and still rated as ★★★★
Rhonda
Feb 05, 2011 Rhonda rated it liked it

NOT LONG ENOUGH!!!!!

This was a nice little Larissa Ione treat. I liked the story, and as always Ione's sense of humor.
Elizabeth
Mar 18, 2017 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Una historia un poco corta pero muy tierna. Podría haber leído muchísimas más páginas de éstos dos tortolitos.
Kelly
Jan 31, 2011 Kelly rated it really liked it
Recommended to Kelly by: Donna Newman
The Demonica series has quickly become a paranormal romance genre favorite and if I ever have to go into the hospital, I will pray I go to Underworld General Hospital where the sexy demons, vampires, shifters and other bump in the night lovelies frolic. When I noticed that my book club’s founding mistress got this book, I practically threw myself at her feet begging for a lended copy to read. Wasn’t she amazing for passing it on to me? I think so. And thank you Amazon for allowing lended copies ...more
AJ
Mar 14, 2013 AJ rated it really liked it
Diving straight into the action, this quick little novella starts with Andrea, an Aegis demon slayer, on a mission to infiltrate a vampire nest where her boyfriend (fellow slayer and love of her life), Kaden, was captured two weeks previously. If he is still alive, she is fully expecting him to have been turned, and so she is prepared, stake in hand, to find and kill him. She discovers him chained up and obviously hungry in all of his brand-new vampiric glory and instead of following through on ...more
Nikki Brandyberry
Jan 25, 2011 Nikki Brandyberry rated it really liked it
When most people have a bad day at work it involves losing paperwork or a stressful meeting. When a Guardian has a bad day they end up dead…or worse, they become a monster themselves. Kaden lost his fiance` when she became a werewolf several years ago. He had to put her down like the dog she was. Now he’s been turned into a vampire and his Guardian girlfriend Andrea is coming for him..with a stake no doubt.

There aren’t supposed to be gray areas. Andrea has a feeling Kaden has changed and she’s b
Donna (BLHmistress)
Jan 25, 2011 Donna (BLHmistress) rated it it was amazing
I believe it was last night I saw this short story was being released and for the fact I hadn't read this short story in its original form in The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance, I squealed with excitement and today I immediately bought it for my Kindle on PC.

What can I say about this other than I loved it! Larissa didn't disappoint me(like she could ever but still).

Andrea is torn between her love for Kaden and her duty as a Demon Slayer.

Kaden who spent the majority of his life slaying the very
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
*Cross-posted on BookLikes and Wordpress.

By reading Eternity Embraced I was hoping to finally finish the series with Ecstasy Unveiled . Unfortunately, dipping my toes back into the Demonica universe again with Eternity Embraced wasn't the motivator I was hoping it to be.

I expected too much, for starters. This is a mid-series short story - those can be notoriously unfulfilling. Adding 'paranormal romance' into the mix can result in tired cliches, which I've apparently outgrown. On the positiv
Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Let me begin by saying that I consider myself a Larissa Ione fangirl. I have completely devoured the Demonica series in its entirety, and am anxiously awaiting her new Lords of Deliverance series, the first book of which (Eternal Rider) is due out in April.

That said, while I certainly enjoyed this read, I wasn’t entirely blown away by this short story.

Fans of the Demonica series will of course appreciate glimpses into
texxie-PRUFreads.blogspot.com
Feb 21, 2011 texxie-PRUFreads.blogspot.com rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I am so in love with this author. Eternity Embraced is a very short novella but exceptionally entertaining nonetheless. I had just assumed this would be a novella for a character(s) already introduced in the series but that's not the case. When I realized that, I initially had reservations. I did'nt know these characters but I soon fell in love with them.

Andrea is a demon slayer. As with most in the series, she has a troubled background. A background that played a major role in her becoming a de
Esra
Apr 24, 2012 Esra rated it really liked it
demonica serisinin kısa hikayelerinden birisiydi. kısa hikayeleri okumayı seviyorum çünkü serideki ana karakterler dışında neler olduğunu öğrenebilmeniz yanında ana karakterlerin küçük katkılarıyla renklenince okuması dahada zevkli oluyor.
Gardiyanımız kaden bir görev sırasında vampirlerin eline esir düşüp vampire dönüştürülüyor. Sevgilisi andrea ise bu vampir hücresine baskı düzenliyor ve kaden'i hücrede kilitli halde buluyor. kaden artık bir vampir olduğu ve andrea'yı öldürmekten korktuğu için
Jan 22, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: larissa-ione
Oh how I miss the demons of Underworld General. This short story however is about two Guardians. Andrea is on the prowl looking for her friend, lover, and fellow Guardian Kaden who was captured by vampires. Well when Andrea discovers that Kaden has been turned vampire will she have the strength to kill her lover as the trained Guardian she is or will she give into her heart and save the man she loves. With a little help from Tayla, (and oh yeah Eiodolon makes an appearance too) will Andrea and K ...more
Beate
Apr 08, 2011 Beate rated it liked it
Yep. Not my favorite of the Demonica stories. Really glad no one had to die, but that's about it.

It's a quick and easy way to add some new characters to the main story without having to write extensively about them in any of the main books. But on the other hand, written in like this, I'm really not invested in these characters because I really didn't get to know them. The story was too short for that.

It's a nice interlude, but nothing more than that.
Pete
Aug 08, 2014 Pete rated it really liked it
Shelves: ione-larissa
Eternity Embraced is book 3.5 in the Demonica Series by Larissa Ione. I can’t believe it has been hiding on my Kindle app for 2 years. Gahh!!

Andrea and Kayden, what a pair of slayers! Kayden was captured by vampires and Andrea seeks him out to rescue or stake him if he has been turned. She’s a chick that knows how to handle wood or is that a woody .

This was a very short, but most fun novella and if you are a Demonica fan, you should find it and read it.
Cynthia
Feb 26, 2011 Cynthia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Die-hard Demonica Fanatics
Recommended to Cynthia by: Ronda Tutt
Your usual yarn: Good Guy gets turned into a vampire against his will but doesn't turn evil. Of course, that only enhances his natural abilities. *wagging eyebrows* Said Good Guy takes revenge on Bad Vamp, gets The Girl, lives HEA.

The attraction here is this novella is part of Ms. Ione's Demonica Series. Do yourself a favor: Splurge on your favorite indulgence - chocolate or coffee or donut - instead, you'll get more satisfaction.
AL
Jun 09, 2015 AL rated it really liked it
Interesting book. An Aegi captured by a vampire named Cedric tortured Kaden and turned him into a vampire against his will. Kaden is lost as he can't go back to the Guardians but with the help of Andrea he found way to still serve them by becoming a spy and infiltrating Cedric's clan. Don't know what purpose Kaden and Andrea serve in this series. But I get the feeling they will play a bigger role in the upcoming books.
Lindsey Faber
Jan 25, 2011 Lindsey Faber rated it it was amazing
All the usual Larissa Ione goodness in a bite-size package (no pun intended!). The length restriction means conflicts are resolved quickly and you only get a nod to what sounds like very interesting backstory, but it's still jam-packed with fast-paced action, funny banter, high-stakes situations, and pure Larissa Ione awesomeness.
Buddy Read Zone: Eternity Embraced (Demonica 3.5) 7 15 Jul 12, 2013 07:41AM
  • Tempting the Fire (ACRO, #5)
  • Fated (Doomsday Brethren #1.5)
  • The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance 2: Love Bites
  • Heart of Darkness (Includes: Lords of the Underworld #4.5)
  • Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark #11)
  • Hidden by Blood (Sweetblood, #1.5)
  • A Taste of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #9.5)
  • Cursed by Darkness (Befallen Tides, #1)
  • Zane's Tale (Succubus Diaries, #2.5)
  • Eternal Blood (Mark of the Vampire, #2.5)
  • Bound by the Night (Bound, #4)
  • Sins of the Soul (The Sins Series, #2)
  • True Colors (Elder Races, #3.5)
  • Tempted (Eternal Guardians, #3)
  • Heaven Sent (Fallen Angel, #3)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Larissa Ione penned her first novel at the age of 13 and hasn't stopped writing since. She has been a U.S. Air Force meteorologist, an EMT, and a professional dog trainer, and you never know when one of those interests will pop into her novels.

She lives a nomadic existence with her U.S. Coast Guard husband and son, so her writing career has been a bl
More about Larissa Ione...

Demonica (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1)
  • Desire Unchained (Demonica #2)
  • Passion Unleashed (Demonica #3)
  • Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica #4)
  • Sin Undone (Demonica #5)
  • Eternal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #1, Demonica, #6)
  • Immortal Rider  (Lords of Deliverance, #2; Demonica, #7)
  • Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #3; Demonica, #8)
  • Rogue Rider  (Lords of Deliverance #4; Demonica #9)
  • Reaver  (Lords of Deliverance, #5; Demonica, #10)