Start by marking “Island of Secrets” as Want to Read:
Island of Secrets

Island of Secrets

3.28  ·  Rating Details  ·  103 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Former Georgia Author of the Year Nominee, Tammie Clarke Gibbs has crafted a sweeping new time travel with the old-fashioned appeal of your favorite Gothic Novel. It will keep you guessing. This is one roller-coaster ride you won’t want to miss.

Shane
SHANE ALEXANDER has realized he should never have allowed his ex-girlfriend to spend her honeymoon on his island, but he nev
Nook, 0 pages
Published November 25th 2010 by PrimmRose Press (first published November 24th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Island of Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Island of Secrets

L.A. Kuehlke
After reading the synopsis, I was excited to read this book and think the author wrote some great lines throughout it. In particular, I enjoyed the time travel and connectedness of the characters through lifetimes. However, the story was, in parts, hard to follow. I'm an avid reader, and found I had to retread portions to fully understand the plot.
Elaine Mcdonald
I do like time travel books! This one had some possibilities, but seriously doesn't author's have someone to read their books before they are published? This one had a decent storyline but transitions were very rough. I am sure she will probably get better. I read the sample on Amazon before I purchased the book and it wasn't so obvious there.
Cathi
NO STARS! Life is too short and there are too many good books to waste my time on this one. I can't finish it. It looks like it was edited by a 5-year-old. Worse, how could the author let it out of her hands like this? There are commas where there shouldn't be, no commas where there should be and apostrophes where they don't belong. The editor must think capital letters are pretty because he/she left them where they didn't need to be. When you say "Uncle Gus" the U is capitalized. When you say " ...more
Sherry
Aug 14, 2012 Sherry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this book for 99 cents on amazon. I really Liked this book.

Lila Fitzpatrick was out of work and indebted to her friend Cassie Edwards. Cassie needed her to stand in for her on an interview with Shane Alexander a wealthy Man who owned an island with a Home he was leasing out as a resort. The home was very old and he had it refurbished. The problem was he let an ex girlfriend and her new husband spend their Honeymoon there. The ex girlfriend and her new husband left after just one day sayin
Christoph Fischer
Aug 17, 2013 Christoph Fischer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lila poses as her reporter friend Cassie for a day to investigate the rumours about ghosts on an island owned by Shane. During the investigation some chemistry develops between her and the Shane and then there is the fateful moment that takes her back to the 1700s and to a parallel story.
Without giving much more away, the story in essence is an lovely and thoughtful romance and lives from the well rounded and engaging characters.
Gibbs has strong descriptive talents and a wonderful imagination to
Juli Rahel
Feb 08, 2015 Juli Rahel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was sent to me by Tammie to review and once I started reading I finished it in 3 days. Although the plot is terribly difficult it certainly grabs your attention immediately.

Lila is our heroine and we meet her for the first time when she's on a ferry to Leigh Island. She has taken her friend's identity as Cassie, at her friend's request, and is out to investigate the rumors about ghosts on the island. She doesn't want to stay, but is picked by the Island's boss, the mysterious Shane Ale
L.J. Capehart
Jun 12, 2013 L.J. Capehart rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun read. I liked the plot, cool time travel idea!
At times it was slightly hard to follow the action; might benefit having a bit more division between shifts in scene. But I still enjoyed it, and the ending was very satisfactory!
Brian Bigelow
Jul 23, 2012 Brian Bigelow rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has some very interesting concepts, not exactly sure I would call it time travel. Its more living in two different times and there are times I wish I could do that.
Diana Montgomery
This was a great time travel book. It kept my interest all the way through. A must read.
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
I found this an enjoyable read. The descriptions of the sheer cliffs, pounding ocean waves, and spooky castle, riddled with hidden passages on the private, secluded island were exceptional. The gothic atmosphere is outstanding throughout most of the book, but I felt there were a few scenes that could have been improved by some further tightening and strengthening of the gothic elements. I also found several transitions disconcerting, and it interrupted my enjoyment because I had to stop to re-re ...more
L.W.
May 28, 2012 L.W. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This actually was a hard book for me to get into, as life kept intruding. Once I picked it up when I was away from the phones and kids...I got into it and liked it.

I'm not one for giving away the story of the books I read, as I think that's what people want to do is read a book for themselves. I'm always interested in the characters and if they work... are they likeable...do you care what happens to them, is the story viable, are you compelled to finish.

I liked the writing. It was very descripti
Tima
Jul 02, 2016 Tima rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: general-fiction
Lila reluctantly agrees to masquerade as her reporter friend who is laid up with a messed up ankle. It could be the scoop of a lifetime for her friend, so Lila agrees to pose as Cassie for a day.
She rides a boat to an island to meet Shane, the owner. His ex-girlfriend told the world that his resort has ghosts. So Shane agrees to let one reporter come to the island to prove her wrong.
What happens next will change both of their lives forever. Or were they already changed and just didn't know it?

I'
Loves To Dive
Apr 17, 2011 Loves To Dive rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shane Alexander, against his better judgment, allowed his ex-girlfriend to spend her honeymoon on his exclusive island retreat and she repaid the favor by running to tabloids with tales of ghosts and supernatural happenings. Now he has to try to salvage both his and Leigh Island’s reputation by allowing one reporter, who he will hand pick, to spend a week on his island and write a story about it. Cassie Edwards is a reporter with Coastal Signal and is supposed to go on the junket with other repo ...more
Melinda
Jan 14, 2016 Melinda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cheap-kindle
This was a fun one. I only spent 99 cents on on my kindle to get it. I don't think I would have liked it as much if I had spent more. The storyline is good, different than a lot of other time-travel romances. The editing is not good. Capital words in the middle of sentences, double words, etc... It's fine since it was cheap. I just noticed quite a bit. There were also a few times in the book that I thought a paragraph must have been skipped or something. Like the authors brain was working so fas ...more
Lisa  Schlottmann
Okay, I am torn on what to rate this book. I loved the idea, the ending, and most of the middle. It didn't capture me as much as I would have liked, but the ending really made up for it. The grammar, yes, is really bad but not to the point where it affected me too much (plus, it was free, so I'm taking that part into consideration too). Just annoying, but I knew it was errors made from, I assume, writing too fast and not proofing enough. Or poor editors. With some tweaking, this book could be a ...more
Frankie
Mar 07, 2011 Frankie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Take a modern day journalist, toss in some intrigue and stir it up with some paranormal time travel and what you get is Island of Secrets.

This is one of those books that will surprise you at every turn. A woman who is pretending to be someone else on a mysterious island where nothing is as it seems. Everyone has secrets, including the island. Will anyone survive when the secrets are revealed?

You should really read this book....I guarantee you will have an entertaining visit to the Island of Secr
Shirl
This story had alot of twist and turns and full of surprises and a romance that spread across the years of time. It was a very interesting book. The strength of the love between Lila and Shane was felt in each time period. The events in each were full of secrets and events. I did re-read the first half because I seemed to have missed the foundation of the whole story. I am so glad I did. what a great time travel/mystery/love story in two time periods, full of surpises. A must read...slowly.
Monica
Jul 13, 2011 Monica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the premise of this story and it started off well enough. However, very early on too many errors distracted me, the story jumped around too much, the dialogue was confusing, too many things went unanswered, and if it was solved it wrapped up too nicely. I felt as though I were reading a rough draft rather than the finished product. If this story were to go through 2-3 more drafts, I think I would be willing to give it another shot and hopefully a higher rating. 2.5 Stars
Tina
Oct 11, 2011 Tina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was good - not the greatest but good. Can't understand how all the same characters appear in the 18th century and the 21st century and they all have the same family position (uncle, cousin, brother, girlfriend, etc.) in both time frames along with the exact same names - I mean come on ~ really? But she did the time travel part pretty good until the 18th century guy told her to "hold on baby" I wouldn't imagine them talking like that back then, ha ha. It was fun and quick.
Lauren
Aug 08, 2013 Lauren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lila is forced to pretend to be her friend, who is a reporter looking to uncover a ghost story. When she gets to the Island she meets Shane. A connection is there, but she can't place it. Lila finds a ring, and once she puts it on she falls back in time. Lila finds herself in the 1700's and in love with Shane. This is a cute story that flips back and forth in time with this great romance. Great story with a charming ending of two souls finding one another again in time. WaAR
Laura P
Good book. A little confusing at times because the supporting characters were so similar in both the present time and the past time; but overall a good story. A little different than some time travel as it switches back and forth between the time traveler in the past and what is going on in the present time while the traveler is gone.
Laurie
The imagery is striking, and the story conceptualization is enticing, carefully crafted, and filled with deceit, jealousy, and an enduring, unconquerable love. read more
Shanda
Oct 21, 2012 Shanda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of typos on my Kindle edition of this but a good read...
Julie
My review will be posted on Night Owl Reviews soon!
Anne
Lila dreamed about her past after she met Shane.
KaSonndra Leigh
Review to come...
Janita
Janita marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Janet
Janet rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2016
Amelia
Amelia marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Lynn Demsky
Lynn Demsky marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Anywhere You Are
  • The Return of Black Douglas (Black Douglas, #2)
  • The Minstrel Boy (Blue Bells Trilogy, #2)
  • Legacy
  • Kilt-A-Licious
  • Secrets of the Highwayman (Immortal Warriors, #2)
  • Some Enchanted Waltz (Seasons of Enchantment #1)
  • Under a Prairie Moon
  • Beyond A Highland Whisper (MacKay Clan, #1)
  • Immortal Desires (Well of Souls, #1)
  • A Kind of Magic
  • Yellowstone Awakening (Yellowstone Romance, #3)
  • The Emerald Brooch (Celtic Brooch #4)
  • Forever His (Stolen Brides, #1)
  • Going Back for Romeo
  • Winds of Time (After Cilmeri #1.5)
Author of the Kindle Bestselling Gothic, ISLAND OF SECRETS and the Kindle Bestselling Historical COUNTERFEIT KISSES. Tammie Clarke Gibbs employs a visionary style mixing genres and crossing boundaries. Her eclectic writing style mirrors her entrepreneurial business experience where she's known for wearing at least a dozen different hats.

Ms. Gibbs is a native of South Georgia where she lives with
More about Tammie Clarke Gibbs...