Start by marking “Vampire Cheerleaders vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Vampire Cheerleaders vol. 1

Vampire Cheerleaders vol. 1 (Vampire Cheerleaders/Paranormal Mystery Squad #1)

The Bakertown High School cheerleading squad has a secret: behind all their pretty make-up and short skirts are five hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit!

When one of their own turns up missing, the senior cheerleaders have no other choice but to induct one of the eleventh grade girls from the B Squad into their vixenous ranks. But siring new recrui
Published March 15th 2011 by Seven Seas (first published March 11th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Cheerleaders vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire Cheerleaders vol. 1

Regina Hunter
"is it supposed to be this color?" "Want a mellon?"
Rain Misoa
Sep 25, 2012 Rain Misoa rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: NO ONE! NOT EVEN MANGA LOVERS! NO ONE!!!
Recommended to Rain by: Library
Shelves: manga
This is a manga that, from the beginning, I knew I wasn't going to like it. It was bland, stupid, mediocre, and I swear I am going to lose it if I get another ridiculous pop culture reference just so the manga could seem more "interesting." I have never hated a manga so much as I do this one. And if I ever did, it's not coming to mind. After reading this, I'm surprised I can keep functional enough to write out a review. There was nothing worthwhile about this. I mean, vampire cheerleaders who on ...more
Mariℓina
Aug 29, 2014 Mariℓina rated it liked it
Well that was an entertaining start to a new series, but not something overly great. I liked the plot, and the characters are funny and weird but in my opinion, the premise although cute it's very common and even boring.

However the illustration is amazing, i loved the clear design and the amazing lines.

As for the story, the Vampire Cheerleaders are exactly as it sounds. Vampires in a Cheerleading team. After the death of one of them the team needs a new member so they host try outs. Heather is t
Amanda
Apr 17, 2011 Amanda rated it it was amazing
I know, the plot sounds super cheesy and campy, well, it is. But in the best of ways! The team behind Vampire Cheerleaders did everything right, they embraced the absurdity of it all and turned it into something hilarious. Instead of making it so ridiculous that it's annoying, they made it fun, which earns them 100 awesome points. I have to give major props to the illustrators who nailed every facial expression, every hilarious chibi moment and for making cartoons so damn sexy. It's fantastic!

An
D.M. Dutcher
What do you expect, Shakespeare?

This book is actually two series in one. The vampire cheerleaders are pretty much what you would expect; a group of undead queenbees who lose the fifth member of their squad, and draft an unlucky junior into their ranks. Of course, the boy keen on her isn't about to let that happen.

The second is PMS, a trio of cryptid hunters. It's harder to deal with chupacabra and werewolves when PETA has a branch devoted to preserving what they think are endangered species.

The
Devlin Scott
Jan 01, 2012 Devlin Scott rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a clever series with an entertaining storyline and very exceptional artwork.

With a simplistic heartbeat sort of description from me, this manga exemplifies the art of being a vampire cheerleader as you navigate through the horrors of high school life. This is definitely an adult offering replete with all the usual vampire life lessons for harmonious living including, unfortunately...the ‘must be invited in first’ rule. I never liked it and, sad to say, they left this ‘nocturnal living’
Steven Shroyer
Oct 01, 2012 Steven Shroyer rated it it was amazing
This is a manga that is for those of us who dream of banging hot anime vampires. This story is filled with fan service, overt sexuality, and a unique death in the first few pages. The 2nd story in this volume with "The Paranormal Mystery Squad" was good, not great, but still fun to read. I got as frustrated with the monster rights group as I do with animal rights groups(Rev. Horton Heat's "Eat Steak" Should be my theme song) and it has some comical stuff. I would recommend this for fans of anime ...more
Mdntdeath
Jun 27, 2012 Mdntdeath marked it as to-read

How do u read this thing on this website? Cuz i can't seem to read it
DANIEL
Jan 24, 2014 DANIEL rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

I liked this. I liked the art work. I liked the story line. I would recommend this comic to my friends.
Trinity
Feb 21, 2012 Trinity rated it liked it
cheezy manga fun - looking forward to book 2
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2011
Kat Fishbones
Kat Fishbones rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2013
Blanche Jones
Blanche Jones rated it it was ok
Mar 08, 2016
Robert Yelsky
Robert Yelsky rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2013
Jesse Wright
Jesse Wright rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2014
jessa
jessa rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2014
Jess Silcock
Jess Silcock rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2014
Olivia
Olivia rated it did not like it
Jul 12, 2014
Cierria
Cierria rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2014
Benjamin Frost
Benjamin Frost rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2012
Martha Gilleran
Martha Gilleran rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2015
Deborah Taylor
Deborah Taylor rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2014
Jace McHale
Jace McHale rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2013
Sarah rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2013
Jessica Donovan
Jessica Donovan rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2013
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2012
Ainsley
Ainsley rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2013
Liz Kriewaldt
Liz Kriewaldt rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2014
Amber Giffen
Amber Giffen rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

Vampire Cheerleaders/Paranormal Mystery Squad (4 books)
  • Vampire Cheerleaders Vol. 2
  • Vampire Cheerleaders Must Die!
  • Vampire Cheerleaders in Space...and Time?!