Love Me Once, Love Me Twice (Montana Cowboys, #1)

Love Me Once, Love Me Twice (Montana Cowboys #1)

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  375 ratings  ·  48 reviews
Home. They say home is where the heart is, but can coming back to Red Rock, Montana really be home? Natalie Bennington is about to find out.

Finding herself in a blizzard and stuck in a ditch, the last person she expects to rescue her is gorgeous ex-high school jock, Cade Weston. His light brown hair and baby blue eyes had many a teenage girl all a twitter including her, bu...more
Published (first published December 26th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Love Me Once, Love Me Twice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Me Once, Love Me Twice

Deana
Not worth my time, effort, energy or money. This is *not* a fabulous, well-written story, despite what the other reviewers state. While the author does have a decent plot outline (which is why I purchased it), the writing is far less than stellar beyond the second chapter. Don't even get me started on the dialogue between the characters. (Again, I like the general idea of the story, but that's about it.) And, FYI, "pointed-toe cowboy boots" don't "complete the picture of a Montana cowboy to a T....more
Jennifer Labelle
Tamara
What's better than a hot cowboy? How about two? Natalie Bennington returns to Red Rock for family reasons. Her grandfather has passed away and her parents want her to convince her feisty grandma to leave her home and move to Oregon. Not going to happen!
Love Me Once, Love Me Twice hooked me from page one, when Nat talks to herself as she drives down the road. Immediate connection for me. I loved her right then and there. Then enters sexy cowboy number one, Cade. He rescues her from a ditch and he...more
Diana
I loved this book. It was quick read, light and funny. I love reading about Cowboys, and add the saucy grandmother and the up tight mother well it made me laugh. What can I say. I gave it 4 stars for that and also I would definitely read more of Sandy's books. I won this book and wasn't pressured into reviewing it but had to do so just to share it for the fun it was. Only thing I didn't like was the quick ending. The mom turns nice, less uptight, the two Cowboys are friends and work together to...more
Giddyup
There was a lot of telling me what happened instead of showing me. I ended up not feeling anything for any of the characters.

Example: one of the H's asked the h if she thought she could fall in love with him. A few days later, she tells him that she only wants to be friends and he's okay with that. When did his feelings change? How did he go from wanting a relationship to only wanting to be friends?

There were lots of little things like that.

Cara Correll
I happened to love this story line, I fell in love with Gram, you will too, who doesn't love a Gram who is royally fierce over her beloved family, and stubborn as a mule, with the biggest heart! I think if you actually take the time to read this book to the end you will enjoy the story, this is my first book I have read by you I believe so I am not sure if there is another book entangling these characters but I would love it if there were. I will find out....
Nola Marlitt
Very hot!!!

This was probably the hottest book l ever read. I could not believe how well written and how exciting this story was. I would recommend getting some ice while your reading . Or at least have a partner handy.
Maranda Melton
Jul 24, 2014 Maranda Melton rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Jennifer Sapa, Cindy Callaway, Lorie Wolfbanger
Recommended to Maranda by: Sandy Sullivan
I love cowboys in every form or fashion. Love Me Once, Love Me Twice is no exception. Natalie is such a sweet girl to come back home to help her grandmother. Her Gram is a pistol. Some of the things that come outta that ladies mouth reminds me of what my grandma use to tell me. I connected w/Natalie & Gram. I would do everything for my grandma. She taught me a lot & I felt like Natalie needed & got the same from hers. Gram was by far my favorite character. I also love any man's name...more
Jo-Anne
Natalie was on her way back to her home town in Montana when she went off the road in a blizzard and was rescued by a man she knew in high school. He was gorgeous then and still is now. Then his best friend, Kale, shows up and both want her. She doesn't understand why since they didn't notice her at all in high school.

My thoughts on this book are very different from other reviewers. So many loved it but I was discussed with the guys sharing women in bed.

After reading the blurb, I expected a west...more
Debbie
Just finished reading Love me Once, Love Me Twice by Sandy Lea Sullivan..... Two Cowboys, One Lady and a Hell of a Spit Fire Grandma!! I'm spreading the word.. If you don't have it. GET IT!! I Loved It..
It was Sexy as Hell and Hillarious. The ending(LOVED IT).. I want more!!!! It's EXCELLENT :O)

Victoria Newman
Is a great book to read
SandraE
The story gets two stars for being an odd tale that I just could not believe. Usually unbelievability does not really matter but in this instance there were just too many instances where I could not accept decisions that were made by the characters.
Brenda
It is not very often that I will run out and purchase the next book in a series immediately after reading the first one. I did with this book.

The book was well written and just enough information to keep you involved in the story but not so much that you became board and start skim reading.

I could relate to the characters and really enjoyed Nat and her grandma. I was very impressed with the angst that Ms. Sullivan communicated with each of her characters.

I am already several pages into the secon...more
Donna Porter
spicy, spicy, spicy. It was a good book but a little spicier than I usually read. The story was great and it held my interest. I would have liked as much story as sex.
Dahlia (yadkny)
Mar 08, 2011 Dahlia (yadkny) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Erotic Contemporary Western, Ménage
Shelves: favorites
Well you know what they say, ‘you can go home again’, but you don’t always know what to expect when you get there.

She was supposed to be convincing her grandmother to move to Oregon with her parents, but Natalie couldn’t help but be taken by the two strapping cowboys who’ve decided that she deserves some gentlemanly cowboy attention. She’s forgotten what it’s like to be treated like a lady, but Cade and Kale will make sure she never forgets again. Her suspicions and conflicted feelings are tryi...more
Judith
Sandy Sullivan writes darn good stories, not the least of which are her cowboy tales. This first novel in the "Montana Cowboys" series, an elementary teacher, Natalie, returns to the town of her birth to take care of her grandmother following the recent death of her granddad. Almost immediately she us confronted with a man who was a fellow student with her in high school, a man who, along with his cronies, really never paid any attention to her. Yet he is not one hot cowboy and he certainly "spa...more
This is an official review from The Romance Reviews

Oh my goodness what a hot as fire book!!! You may want to keep a fan and cool drink ready. Sandy Sullivan has written a sizzling hot menage. It was a very steamy book and one of the best I've read so far this year. As Natalie liked to say, “this is melt your panties hot”. The readers will fall in love Cade and Kale, the two sexy cowboys. When those two are around you could cut the sexual tension with a knife and I loved it. And the Grandmother...more
Donna
Not a bad read, especially for anyone who had a crush on the qb in hs but he never noticed her. It felt like the whole have sex with him as a litmus test idea was written to empower the h, but in my opinion it didn't. It detracted from her if anything. Not sure the one time threesome really fit but it was a hot scene to read though. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Carolyn Amundson
I'm usually more tolerant of typos, but I couldn't handle them with this book. Maybe the typos were worse than normal (what instead of what, hold instead of holed) or maybe the story was too weak to withstand the typos.

As mentioned by others, the story is pretty weak and the ending pretty abrupt.

While I normally like these type of books, this one just pissed me off most of the time. I do however love Grandma lol she's a hoot. The way the guys are both going after Nat made me think there would be a different ending than there was. I did enjoy the ending a bit but still not what I expected.
RJ
The book jacket made it seem to be a good story to escape with. The writing was very poor. In the first chapter I had figured out the author's favorite word was sh*t. There was no character development or build up. We met all the main characters within 10 pages into the book.
Hildie McQueen
The story starts with Natalie returning home and immediately running into an old high school crush, Cade. The attraction is immediate between Cade and Natalie, the chemistry undeniable. Although things are progressing well between them, when Natalie sees Cade's best friend Kale, she questions whether its possible to feel attracted to both men. The rest of the story is a sensual dance between a woman who's blossomed into a beauty and awakens to the knowledge of who she is, a sense of self. Althou...more
April Ritter
This book was okay. It started off good but once Natalie started dating Cade, Kale wasn't much in the picture. Kale seemed to be just plot filler. Then things just sort of wrap up and its done. I think the story could have been developed better. Still a good read.
Lori
Basic

Basic

With a need for better editing this book is just, basic. Standard "come ons", a lot of "babes" and "darlin's", I found nothing fresh or new.
Carol Preflatish
Good book. The story kept me interested and the romance and sex was good. I did noticed there were a lot of repetitive words and phrases, but overall, not a bad book.
Highland-dreamer
I should've paid more attention to the reviews of this book before downloading (it was free). Disappointing doesn't begin to describe it. Dialogue is immature and the main characters are shallow and not that deep... I just can't say anything that would recommend it.
Sarah Wallace
Decent book but the ending was super rushed. Way too much build-up and complication led to a very clean happily-ever-after.
Melissa Hord morr
This is the first book I have read by this author will I buy more books by Sandy Sullivan hell yes! Would I recommend this to my friends & family already have. I can not wait to start the 2nd book in this series.
Polly
A little too short, but the storyline was good and the characters fun.
Christine Martin
loved grandma. could have done without a couple of the scenes.
Hot Cowboy Menage From Sandy Sullivan 1 2 Nov 02, 2011 08:40AM
A New Montana Cowboys Story From Sandy Sullivan 1 1 May 16, 2011 09:09AM
Sandy Sullivan Kicks Off New Series With Latest Release 1 4 Dec 26, 2010 05:25AM
  • Capturing the Cowboy's Heart
  • Sweet and Wild
  • The Cowboy's E-Mail Order Bride (The Cowboys of Chance Creek, #1)
  • Catch Me If You Can
  • Ride A Cowboy (Cowboy Kink)
  • Lydia's Twin Temptation (Divine Creek Ranch, #8)
  • True Love's Fire: A Red Hot Valentine Story (Hell Yeah!, #12)
  • Nothing But Trouble
  • Lace and Lassos (Rough and Ready #3)
  • Burned in Shadows (Shadow Unit, #2)
  • Desert of the Damned (Demons in Exile #1)
  • A Four-Gone Conclusion (Lone Star Lovers #5)
  • The Love Of A Cowboy (Callister, #1)
  • Cooking For Cowboy
  • Righteous Lies (Dancing Moon Ranch, #1)
  • Twisted Up
  • Montana Homecoming (Montana, #2)
  • Impact (Buckin' Bull Riders, #1)
2006883
Sandy Sullivan is a romance author, who, when not writing, spends her time with her husband Shaun on their farm in middle Tennessee. She loves to ride her horses, play with their dogs and relax on the porch, enjoying the rolling hills of her home south of Nashville. County music is a passion of hers and she loves to listen to it while she writes.

She is an avid reader of romance novels and enjoys r...more
More about Sandy Sullivan...
Wild Wyoming Nights (Wilder Series, #1) Wild Rodeo Nights (Wilder Series, #2) Make Mine a Cowboy (Cowboy Dreamin', #1) Two For The Price Of One (Montana Cowboys, #3) Before the Night is Over (Montana Cowboys, #2)