Motherhood Is Murder

Motherhood Is Murder (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries #18.5)

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  100 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Four of mystery's reigning matriarchs have joined together to concoct a delectable stew of clues, corpses, and felonious hijinks -- all spectacularly seasoned with a mother's loving touch! In this witty and winning quartet of all-new mysteries, the incomparable Mary Daheim gives harried mom Cousin Renie from the bestselling "Bed-and-Breakfast" series a triple dose of the m...more
Published October 6th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published March 25th 2003)

Karen GoatKeeper
Four mysteries about a hundred pages each are in this book. Each is different although each centers on a mother.
The first story ends with an unexpected twist as the mother tries to survive three weddings for her three children all on one day.
The second story is filled with complications each of which are set off by an action taken with good intentions as one mother attempts to help another mother rescue her daughter and grandson.
The third story has a mother/grandmother going undercover to solve...more
Sandy
Four mini mysteries from four cozy writers.
This was my first time reading anything by these authors.

Dial M for Mom by Mary Daheim *****
Judith McMonigle Flynn's Cousin Renie prepares for her children's weddings. All three taking place on the same day, the day before Mother's Day! Along with the craziness that comes with the weddings, there is a death and a mystery man sneaking around showing up in photos.
I liked wondering about the mystery man. By the end, I was crying with joy. Wonderful story....more
Dorothy
I only gave this 4 stars because of the last story, Tomcat, by Shirley Rousseau Murphy. It was the only story worth reading. The others, Dial M for Mom by Mary Daheim, Mother's Must Do by Carolyn Hart, and Proof is in the Patch by Jane Isenberg, were not all that good or interesting. I picked it up thinking I would enjoy other cozy mystery writers as well as Shirely Rousseau Murphy. The first three gets a *yawn* whereas the last one, Tomcat, gets the 4 stars.
Chris
The stories by Daheim and Isenberg were very good. However, those by the other authors in this work were very hard to follow and disappointing.
John E
If there is nothing in the house to read, I guess this would be OK. A real dissapointment. Mother would not have approved.
Anna
This was short stories. I was only interested in the one by Carolyn Hart.
Nicole
Daheim & Hart were great. I didn't care for the other two
Debbie
I love all the death on demand mysteries
Marta
4 mini mysteries-I liked 2 of the 4
Rachella Baker
Rachella Baker marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Carolyn Injoy
Carolyn Injoy marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Sherryb
Sherryb marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Jeannie
Jeannie marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Allie
Allie marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Estelle Landry
Estelle Landry marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Kim
Kim added it
May 25, 2014
Foodie
Foodie marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Sandi
Sandi marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Jane Chizmar
Jane Chizmar marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Also writing as Carolyn G. Hart.

An accomplished master of mystery with 46 published books, Carolyn Hart is the creator of the highly acclaimed Henrie O,Death on Demand, and Bailey Ruth Raeburn series. Her books have won multiple Agatha, Anthony, and Macavity Awards. Letter from Home (2003), her standalone mystery set in Oklahoma, was nominated for the Pulitzer Prize. Her latest book is Dead by Mid...more
More about Carolyn Hart...
Ghost at Work (Bailey Ruth, #1) Dare to Die (Death on Demand, #19) Yankee Doodle Dead (Death on Demand, #10) Sugarplum Dead (Death on Demand, #12) Engaged to Die (Death on Demand, #14)