Start by marking “Attack of the Fluffy Bunnies” as Want to Read:
Attack of the Fluffy Bunnies

Attack of the Fluffy Bunnies

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  506 ratings  ·  83 reviews
When Joules and Kevin Rockman's parents drop them off at Camp Whatsitooya on their way to an International Spamathon, the twins expect a summer of marshmallows, campfires, and canoe trips. What they do not expect is to defend the earth from an invasion of sugar-addicted, murderous, seven-foot-tall rabbits from another galaxy. Happily, the Rockman twins, veteran watchers of ...more
Published December 31st 2010 by Amulet Books (first published March 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Attack of the Fluffy Bunnies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Attack of the Fluffy Bunnies

Arminzerella
Raina
I liked this book a lot. The premise is, of course, completely wacky. Giant alien rabbits who survive on candy and can consume and imitate the bodies of humans. Two children stuck at a summer camp while their parents are at a Spam cooking championship must find a way to survive and beat the dreaded Fluffs. The book is a small size and there are pages of comic-style illustrations integrated throughout the story. The whole package is designed very approachably and in a totally fun way.

But really,
Grace
Mar 05, 2013 Grace rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Meg
Shelves: for-fun
Although Attack of the Fluffy Bunnies is a "kids" book, I'm pretty sure it would usurp Invader Zim on my list of most fun things to watch if it was a TV show. I honestly couldn't have spent a hot day doing anything better.

The story itself is about a group of Fluffs that come from outer space and land near Camp Whatsitooya. They have a mighty craving for sweet foods, which gives them their alien powers. A camp is quite the perfect place to land for them. After stealing candy and marshmallows, th
Lora
This book was incredibly witty, appealing to both child and adult readers. There are funny illustrations and the plot itself is very entertaining. Two kids are dropped off at camp, while their parents go to a national Spam cooking competition. While at summer camp the kids end up fighting evil enormous alien rabbits with fangs!

What I liked the most about it is that it breaks that "fourth wall" and talks to the readers. It steps away from the story and discusses things with the reader of the boo
Alea
Attack of the Fluffy Bunnies is a extremely humorous novel/graphic novel hybrid for middle graders. Crazy giant bunnies that are sugar addicted and twins who's parents are obsessed with SPAM, and girls that are known asSmellyCat because they said their names all at the same time and that's what one of the characters heard... this author has a good sense of humor...

Aside from the humor I loved all the graphic bits mixed in from full panel pages or random advertisements thrown in, it really works
Edward Creter
The bunnies attack! Resistance is futile! Give in to cuteness or face the wrath of the meek which shall inherit the earth!....Anyway, this funny bunny book has three alien bunnies from a marshmallowy planet who come to earth with powers and abilities beyond those of mortal comprehension! They love to snack on humans (so THEY say!) and especially Swedes! IE: they smorgasbord on the Swedish cuties in ABBA, they gorge on Ingmar Bergman's classic films...but those girls with dragon tattoos they migh ...more
Uflchildrens
Kevin and Joules, twins, are dropped off by their spam obsessed parents at a barely functioning summer camp. Strange things begin to happen as you might imagine from the title. Strange in the form of giant white, sweet craving bunnies whose burps could bring down a house. The twins have to figure out a way to save the other campers and themselves.
3rd-4th graders who like funny and exciting books should like this one.
--Rachel V.
J/Beatty
Claire
This has to be the strangest book I have ever read! Hypnotising bunnies, SPAM-loving grown-ups and some kids that are very resourceful. Part book, part comic (or graphic novel if you prefer), quite an enjoyable read! I have to admit though when they got to camp and were offered "tube steaks", I had no idea what they were talking about! Thankfully Joules enlightened me! (hotdogs, just FYI)
Brittany Watts
This is a science fiction book aimed towards middle school readers. The book is about a pair of twins who are stuck at summer camp while their parents are at a spam cooking championship and end up having to fight off the fluffies who landed near camp and want to eat all their candy and marshmallows. but once all the candy and sweets are gone the fluffies want more. I gave this book a 4 star rating. While I'm not a big fan of realistic fiction I still think it was an okay book. I just couldn't se ...more
Tricia
It was funny in an absurd way, but not as well executed as, say, MT Anderson books. It did not work well as a read-aloud. The 11 yo (reading on his own) enjoyed it more than the 9 yo (listening to me).
Amy Bearce
AWESOME! Hilarious and perfect for a reluctant elementary and even middle grade reader. Fast, fun, cute read. Future fans of Hitchhiker Guide will enjoy this.
Mamoun Bennani
Another book that I've read this summer was Attack of The Fluffy Bunnies. It's mostly about two twins Kevin and Joules Rockman who went to Camp Whatsitooya not far from a lake called Lake Whatsosmelly. The camp was lame for them; then all of a sudden people started vanishing and controlling monster-bunnies by attacking the people at camp. The Rockman twins tried to save these people by studying tactics of war. Then there was that silly idea that surprisingly solved every thing. The silly idea wa ...more
Edward Sullivan
Lots of fun silliness that will appeal to fans of writers like Dav Pilky and Jon Scieszka.
I'm the owner/servant of two bunnies and I've been taking care of rabbits since a kindergarten student brought me a bunny to save it from the stew pot. I was intrigued by the title and cover as soon as I saw it on Amazon.com as a recommendation.

It's cute! It reminded me of Bunnicula, a book I've loved ever since I first saw it as an Afterschool Special.

Even though I believe it's reading level lower than my students', I'd like to use it to introduce different forms of book talks.

I'll be using th
Joshua
that was funny and fun!
Debbie
This is a pretty silly book about evil fluffy bunnies from another planet who land on Earth to eat humans like candy. It was funny, the pace was pretty uniformly quick, and the setting was familiar enough to be comfortable for readers.

A few things about this book though:

1) Some of the characters - specifically the fluffy bunnies and some of the kids at camp - had distinct names, but I couldn't keep their personalities straight. This might be a reflection of me, and it appears it wasn't necessar
Kaethe
I'm reading this out to the PandaBat and we are both loving it. The narrator's voice is amusing, and the jokes are right up our alley. Most amazing is the timing. Several times so far I've read the text, given the appropriate pause, and the PandaBat has responded perfectly on cue, as if Beaty had transcribed a read aloud. Maybe that doesn't make sense. Anyway, we're both loving it.

***

One of my favorite bits, which I've got to mention: Kevin's lists. "Famous Last Words" as spoken in horror movies
Lauren
There's not many words that would accurately describe Attack of the Fluffy Bunnies besides bizarre, yet it's a book that I can totally see being eaten up by middle grade readers, especially boy ones, everywhere because I also have to admit it's quite funny and original.

As Attack of the Fluffy Bunnies begins Joules and Kevin Rockman are expecting one boring week at the summer camp were their parents are drooping them of at. Though, the one good thing about is that they won't have to go to the ann
Mrs.
The attack of the fluffy bunnies has picture that go with the story.The picture show like what the bunnies are saying to each other . The picture have little comment . The book has 56 chapters in the book .The chapter are like 1-6 pages long . The book is good for your your kid or for your self because its easy . This story is about these bunnies were friendly but turn evil.It all stared in space a flaming meteor hurtled through the endless black void.Then a galaxy just beyond the milky way was ...more
Jennifer Priester
When I first picked up this book I thought it was going to be kind of a scary sci-fi story, but then when I read the back of the book it sounded so ridiculous that I just had to give it a try!
While reading this book I discovered that while the story line itself is similar to those bad sci-fi movies that are so bad that they are actually good, the way this book is told is really funny.
The story plays off of many elements and moments found in the above mentioned movies, which is where much, but no
Shane
Picked this up at a library sale and read it with my son over the course of a couple months. It was fun but the reading was difficult for him and I had to many time explain why things were funny. The art was cool too. My biggest problem is that the bunnies were the most fun part and they were only in about 1/3rd of the book.

My son is 9 but he's reading at a 2nd grade level (a grade behind). So I would say save this for at least 3rd or 4th grade readers.
Mr. Southmayd
This was an entertaining summer read. It is a very short book about twins who go to summer camp and experience everything they never imagined. This book makes fun of itself and the reader as it narrates what is happening. Funny and insulting references to young teen pop culture make this a joy to read and overall puts a smile on the face of any reader.
NaomiRuth
I quite enjoyed this book. Although, that's not surprising as it is an Amulet book and I have yet to read a book put out by them that I didn't like. It had that quirky flavor of old sci-fi movies. It was, I will admit, fairly predictable, but the journey was fun so I didn't mind. Loved the illustrations and the comic-book-type moments.
Becky
I have just got to say. . . absolutely hilarious! I picked this up because I was looking for some "appeal to the reluctant boy reader" books. This certainly fits the ticket, but what I didn't realize was that I would enjoy it too. The premise is absolutely incredible - Giant candy eating Fluffs (bunnies) come to Earth when their marshmallow planet (that orbits a yellow Starburst sun) is destroyed by a meteor. They land near Camp Whatsitooya(near Lake Whatsosmelly). Joules and Kevin, twins, have ...more
M.
Beware, Earthlings. Fluffy bunnies with hypnotic eyes from the marshmallow planet (which circles a Starburst sun) are on the attack. They've landed near Camp Whatsitooya and are looking for enough sustenance--candy and marshmallows--to be strong enough to take over Earth. Mmmm, yum. Nothing like sugar-fed earthlings to satisfy the appetite.

I'm not sure why I like this book as much as I do but some reasons might be--
the combination of narrative with graphic novel style
the sheer silliness of the
Robin
A fun, goofy romp of a kids book about alien mutant bunnies, summer camp, and Spam. Recommended for kids looking for the humor of Captain Underpants but are ready for a slightly longer read. A perfect summer read, with a sequel out now.
Kim
Kevin and Joules are really looking forward to summer camp. It is a chance to make new friends, learn new skills, and getting away from their parents' spam creations. Meanwhile, in a galaxy far, far away, the three survivors of a distant planet are hurtling toward earth after their own world was destroyed. The fluffs are anything but fluffy and cute. At over 6 feet tall, these rabbits are Fierce, Large, Ugly, and Ferocious Furballs and they are hungry and ready to take over our world. But don't ...more
Megan McBeath Hay
My daughter and I finished this one and she was laughing the whole way through even though I don't think she got most of the jokes. The illustrations are the best part!
Donalyn
Kevin and Joules, dumped at Camp Whatsitooya (on the shores of Lake Whatsosmelly)by their distracted parents, discover that their camp has been invaded by alien bunnies from another planet. The bunnies, who adore sweets, are intent in world domination. Kevin and Joules must rely on their knowledge of horror movie tropes to save the other campers.

To quote one of my students, "This isn't the type of book that changes your life or anything, but it sure was fun to read." I know that there is a clas
Maggie Wrobel
Hilarious. The story is illustrated with a few scattered comic book pages. Much of this is a spoof of a lot of bad sci fi that I think the kids are going to love. Plot revolves around 2 brainiac kids who have scientists for parents. Kevin loves to keep detailed charts of his observations and his twin sister likes to literally use the stick poking method for determining things. The two are dropped off at Camp Whatsitooya, while their parents attend their annual Spam Festival. Fluffs (feriocious, ...more
  • Sophie Simon Solves Them All
  • Zombiekins
  • President of the Whole Fifth Grade
  • Curse of the Were-wiener (Dragonbreath, #3)
  • Aliens on Vacation (Intergalactic Bed and Breakfast, #1)
  • Attack of the Growling Eyeballs
  • Fortune's Magic Farm
  • Edgar Allan's Official Crime Investigation Notebook
  • The Adventures of Nanny Piggins
  • My Rotten Life (Nathan Abercrombie, Accidental Zombie, #1)
  • How to Grow Up and Rule the World, by Vordak the Incomprehensible (Vordak #1)
  • The Fast and the Furriest
  • Frankie Pickle and the Pine Run 3000
  • Fake Mustache
  • Archvillain (Archvillain, #1)
  • Galaxy Zack: Hello, Nebulon
  • Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Not Reading (Charlie Joe Jackson, #1)
  • The Fantastic Secret of Owen Jester
I was raised in a big family in a tiny town in southern Illinois. Our small house was jammed with 6 kids, 2 adults, a variable number of cats, 1 dog and thousands of books. It was great. Since I grew up in the 60's and 70's, I didn't have the internet or cable TV to keep me amused, but I had something much better--my siblings. We spent our days watching bad TV (B-movies, Gilligan's Island, the Bra ...more
More about Andrea Beaty...
Rosie Revere, Engineer Iggy Peck, Architect Cicada Summer Dorko the Magnificent Doctor Ted