Start by marking “Little Evil: One Ultimate Fighter's Rise to the Top” as Want to Read:
Little Evil: One Ultimate Fighter's Rise to the Top

Little Evil: One Ultimate Fighter's Rise to the Top

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  86 ratings  ·  7 reviews
At ten years of age, lined up alongside his two brothers in the living room of their Seattle home, Jens Pulver stared down the length of a shotgun into his father’s haggard face. Because Jens was the oldest, the one constantly running upstairs to protect his mother in the middle of the night, his father placed the barrel into his mouth first. Fear taught Jens how to attack ...more
Published October 1st 2003 by ECW Press (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Little Evil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Evil

Greg
This is Jens Pulver, after I think his lose to Uriah Faber but I'm not positive on that:

One cool thing about him, that he doesn't mention in his book, is that he has naturally two different . colored eyes. He's a strange looking guy and always reminds me of this little Irish guy I knew in Saratoga who would get seriously drunk and then pick fights with big meat heads twice his size (One time he got into a fight outside against three ex-football player looking guys outside of the bar my friends a
Brett Starr
This was the original MMA fighter autobiography. Jens's was the 1st MMA fighter to tell his story.

When "Little Evil" was written, was shortly after Jens Pulver defended his championship belt against then up and coming fighter(& future champion) B.J. Penn!

Jens went through hell as a kid. He had every reason to become just another punk kid, with no direction in life dealing drugs and drinking. But lucky for him, he found wrestling and had alot of great coaches & mentors direct him to a l
Colin
UFC Series Ranking: 1/3.

This book constituted the final installment of my UFC book series.

This book was the best of either one. I knew a little about Jens Pulver and his fighting career. After reading this book, I realized I had no clue about his personal life.

The story Pulver chronicles about his life are heartwrenching. This guy went through a lot. The good news is that no matter if life or his opponent knocks him down, he gets back up.

I would recommend this book even to people who aren't fans
Goran Powell
A short, sharp, shocking read from the former UFC lightweight champion Jens Pulver. His story grabs you from the beginning because it’s written in gut wrenching detail about the terrifying abuse he suffered as a child. Eventually Pulver finds a salvation first through wrestling and later MMA under the guidance of Bob Shamrock, and later Pat Miletich.

The training for his Octagon matches is a little glossed over and more details about his fights could have been added too, particularly his first e
Miranda Diaz
Short and inspirational real-life account of MMA fighter Jens Pulver's rise to the top of the UFC's newly installed lightweight division. A well-written and heart-wrenching account of Jens' survival of a traumatizing childhood. The book speaks to how anyone can achieve success with strength and discipline, no matter how horrbile the odds. An inspiring story about life for non-MMA fans and fanatics alike.

The book is more the personal story of Jens set against the backdrop of MMA.
Jen
Apr 05, 2008 Jen rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Jen by: Brian Pawlowski
This is the true story of Jens Pulver, the MMA fighter. Jens was physically and mentally abused by his father for most of his childhood. This is an inspiring story for anyone to read, whether you are interested in MMA or not, I would recommend it to anyone and everyone. It is a story about real life.
Ravyn
A brief but inspiring look into the life of the first man to beat BJ Penn. Well worth the read.
Tanya Bauer
Tanya Bauer marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Morten
Morten marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
alex
alex marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Katthx
Katthx marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
George
George added it
Oct 25, 2014
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Domo
Domo marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014