Start by marking “A Perfect Groom” as Want to Read:
A Perfect Groom

A Perfect Groom (Sterling Trilogy #2)

3.95  ·  Rating Details ·  2,171 Ratings  ·  73 Reviews
Perfection is in the eye of the beholder . . .

Proud of his reputation as a rogue, Justin Sterling intends tobe the first to bed "The Unattainable"—the Season's most luscious debutante—and win the wager that's the talk of the ton. However, he never expected the enchantress in question to be Arabella Templeton, who once stole his heart and owns it still. Now the notorious sc
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published November 30th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about A Perfect Groom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Perfect Groom

Susanne
Dec 19, 2012 Susanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: genre-historical
*Happy sigh*

It was a perfect comfort read and it induced me to create a new shelf! This was the first series I read the first and the second after each other straightaway. I really recommend that you pick up A Perfect Bride before this one. Not only is it slightly better but it also presents Justin and the family back story.

It was a notorious rake falling in love and I could not have been happier. She was compromised and they had to marry early. Quite similar to Devil in Winter and The Duke And
Ron
Justin, the younger brother of Sebastian Sterling from THE PERFECT BRIDE, bets one of his buddies he can seduce "The Unattainable," the young woman who has set all the ton aflutter, before he realizes that she's the one girl who ever put him in his place (years back). So of course he seduces her by being at turns emotionally abusive and entreating, but it's all because his father was awful, so Arabella finds it in her heart to forgive him because he'll learn how to love properly. The dialogue is ...more
ChloeLeeNH
Jun 18, 2008 ChloeLeeNH rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Regency Era fans
2nd book down. I liked this just as much as the 1st. I really smiled in some places with the verbal sparing the h/h did in the beginning. There was a bit of foreshadowing that makes you wait and wait for the results but all in all... great book... on to the last one!
Zoe
Oct 27, 2015 Zoe rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not poorly written at all. I just could not establish any connection with Arabella. Maybe her height scared me. Justin and Arabella fought a lot in the beginning. I suppose it should be read as chemistry. I just did not feel that way.

Barbara
I loved this tale. One of the best I've read in a while :)
Clara Hernández
Amé este libro!
Readitnweep
3-1/2 star rating
Both Justin and Arabella were well developed, interesting characters, and they, combined with steady pacing and well written emotion, intrigued me from the start and kept me engaged the whole way.

Kudos to the author for the total lack of any single one-dimensional, evil antagonist. Justin's father vaguely served as the evil guy in this, but he was not present on the page, just in the backstory, contributing to Justin's internal conflicts. The story would have gone way down in
Tyler Leigh
It was... okay. I think the writing style made me feel like I was "reading" rather than allowing me to immerse myself in the story. I also had to re-read sections because it wasn't clear why certain characters were feeling they way they were. There was a lot of "wait, why is he/she mad?" going on.
Ipshita ♥ Miss Romanceaholic
I give the book 4.5 stars.
This book reminded me of the reason why I love Rake Romances.I absolutely adored the H/h with all their misgivings and insecurities,how both of them empathised with each other and the deep understanding that they shared.A really good read.
Bwmurf
Jun 27, 2016 Bwmurf rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read again 2/18/2017
Anne OK
Jan 19, 2010 Anne OK rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010-reads
My favorite of the series. Loved Justin and his red-headed amazon! They were simply wonderful together. Fun read.
Janet Nguyen
Better than the first book. The first half of book was so stereotypical with no depth; second half was a bit better
Jubel
to put the past behind is to be prepared for a new dawn of the future. I totally relate myself with Justin. Proud and witty person he is. Because of my damn pride I think I'm damned but lucky Justin he was saved by Arabella and now I am waiting for my saving too. Until the Sun sets in the East and rise in the West, I am the moon in the east and my sun is waiting on the west. Anyway, the thing that I love about here is despite Justin's lie about him and Gideon's wager with Arabella, he became hon ...more
Mariah
Jul 05, 2014 Mariah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'll admit that when I first started reading this I was quite skeptical about the set up. 'A bet? Seriously? This can't be true...' I thought and yet I kept reading, soon I was enthralled by her characters. They were all bright, vibrant, and human - so very human. Each had their faults whether it be upon their appearances, childhood experiences, or just plain insecurity and I just couldn't put it down. Arabella was a brave, smart woman on a mission - only to marry the man she loved. Justin was t ...more
Thenia
Justin Sterling's story, in which he finds his match in Arabella Templeton, the once young girl whose prank on him he still remembers.

Arabella has had an unusual upbringing, travelling with her parents all over the world, and has grown up to be unconventional and despite her despairing of her red hair and uncommon height, exceptionally beautiful. Justin is jaded and full of self-loathing, and has a secret that haunts him.

The two meet many years after their first, memorable encounter and the chem
Michelle Connolly
I wasn't sure if I should rate this book with 4 stars or 5, but then I remembered not every story has to go exactly the way I envisioned it... and this story was perfect in its own way.
I have to say what I enjoyed most were the dialogues between the hero and heroine. There is nothing that beats a well written romance with good dialogue.
I also really liked the characters and am excited about reading the first book in the thrilogy, A Perfect Bride.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Justin liked being a rogue with no real responsibilities until a girl from his past reappears and changes him. Arabella knew Justin as a child, but seeing him again gives credit to his label of 'the handsomest man in England'. A stupid bet turns into a great love story. Great read!!
M
Jul 20, 2011 M rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
2nd book in trilogy, Justin meets his match in more ways than one in Arabella. I liked this book better than A Perfect Bride. Arabella's character made me laugh and Justin's vulnerability made the plot interesting.
Christine
Jul 17, 2011 Christine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english-romance
Made me cry!
Bebe Four
Not bad, but I wasn't really convinced by the supposed emotions.

Series rating: 3
My ranking: #3 > #1 > #2
Maricar
Jun 08, 2013 Maricar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From book 1, "A PERFECT BRIDE" to "A PERFECT GROOM", definitely, it's getting better and better. Indeed, Ms. James is a remarkable writer, I like her style. Highly recommended!
Lyn
May 12, 2013 Lyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars for this historical romance
Dancer
Oct 17, 2010 Dancer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series offers the readers well developed characters who act within the bounds of their personality traits.
Mar 04, 2014 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Predictable but enjoyable.
*MariaA*
So sweet!!
Haylie
May 16, 2009 Haylie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good!!! Justin kinda got on my nerves, i kinda felt the need to smack him upside the head...but he finally came to his senses! All in all, a very good book.
Berit
May 01, 2011 Berit rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best Romances I've read in the last few years; Recent Regency titles are decidedly lack-luster; I'm convinced the prime cut of these books hail from the mid "Aughties" (2000-2010).
Danette Steward
Aug 12, 2011 Danette Steward rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: james-samantha
Really good story. No villeins. Fluff. Rake. Rogue. Wicked. HOT.
  • Surrender A Dream
  • Rough Wrangler, Tender Kisses
  • The Education of Mrs. Brimley (Chambers Trilogy, #1)
  • A Necessary Husband (Necessary, #1)
  • Taken by Desire
  • The Highlander's Forbidden Bride (Sinclare Brothers, #4)
  • A Highlander Never Surrenders (MacGregors, #2)
  • Bride for a Night
  • Always a Scoundrel (Notorious Gentlemen, #3)
  • Never Lie to a Lady (Neville Family #1)
  • Winter Fire (Maxwells, #2) (Only, #6)
  • Seduced By His Touch (The Byrons of Braebourne, #2)
  • Thief of Hearts
  • The Bride's Necklace (Necklace Trilogy, #1)
  • Because You're Mine (Capital Theatre, #2)
  • Highland Knight  (Murray Family, #5)
  • To Romance a Charming Rogue (Courtship Wars, #4)
  • Blue Moon (The Runaways, #3)
Growing up in Joliet, Illinois, Samantha James had many childhood aspirations--being a writer was never one of them. When she was ten, she was certain she was destined to be an astronomer. That soon changed (happened a lot during those pre-teen years!) when she decided archaeology was in her future. Detective work was her next goal, thanks to the Trixie Belden mysteries she was reading, and before ...more
More about Samantha James...

Sterling Trilogy (3 books)
  • A Perfect Bride (Sterling Trilogy, #1)
  • A Perfect Hero (Sterling trilogy, #3)