Start by marking “A Contract Bride's Triple Surprise (Bride Train, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Contract Bride's Triple Surprise  (Bride Train, #2)

A Contract Bride's Triple Surprise (Bride Train #2)

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  345 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Ross MacDougal demands vengeance on the men who killed his young cousin, but his Clan Chief, older half-brother Gillis, insists that he produce an heir. Without one, they’ll lose their ranch to their brutish brother in Texas when their father dies. But no woman would marry the man known as the MacDougal Devil. An Eastern contract bride is the only way to save the ranch.

Ame
Published January 24th 2011

To ask other readers questions about A Contract Bride's Triple Surprise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Contract Bride's Triple Surprise

Colters' Woman by Maya BanksTheir Virgin Captive by Shayla BlackColters' Lady by Maya BanksTheir Virgin's Secret by Shayla BlackTheir Virgin Concubine by Shayla Black
Best Menage à Quatre Books
59th out of 214 books — 312 voters
The Gentlemen's Club by Emmanuelle de MaupassantIn Too Deep by Anita PhilmarThe Regency, London Lusts by Charlie  B.Simply Sexual by Kate PearceThe Regency men women and lust by Charlie  B.
Historical Erotica
65th out of 205 books — 154 voters

More lists with this book...

Jonel Boyko
Apr 03, 2016 Jonel Boyko rated it really liked it
Butler took me back in time with quite the adventure in this tale. Not only is this a highly erotic tale that kind of makes me wish that I’d lived in the Montana Territory, but Butler also weaves an intricate plot of life, love, and family that is so heartfelt that I couldn’t help but fall for the characters. She also made me cry as she broke my heart. This tale was very emotionally compelling.

I enjoyed the differences between the different relationships within this less than traditional marriag
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
A 2.5 to 3 star read.

While this book was ok, it left me feeling a little sad!

I read ménage books, because I like to read about the relationship developing between more than 2 people and how that works etc.

I want the relationship to be equal, not to say that between each man and the woman they cannot have their own special connection that is different to the others, but that all are equal.

I felt this slightly in the first book, but thought I would carry on and see how the series panned out, but t
Hayat
3.5 hot fiery passionate stars

On the whole, I really enjoyed this very hot spicy story about three hunky dominant heroes with a heart of gold and the one courages heroine destined to take on the three MacDougal brothers. And I also loved the whole MacDougal clan and extended family and their small community in Montana territory in 1871. The community is full of interesting character and I'm sure many of them are destined to get their own stories and HEA. I already have my eye on a few characters
ൠSinful
Have Mercy!!! I LOVE THIS SERIES!!!

I am now packing my bags and heading for Tanner's Ford to find myself a cowboy or three. I just have to figure out how to pack the A/C and indoor plumbing... oh... and get kindle reception in the 1870s.. I may need to download and stock up.

Nah. I think I just let those cowboys keep me busy...
Jennette
Much better than the last book, almost 4 stars. Compared to the other it was more complex in every way, better characters better plot, a more complex story all the way around. I liked the part with the boy and the bit with Doc. There is a nice set up for future books without distracting from this story. My one complaint is the beginning of the marriage meeting in the dark. This book does a better at setting up the townspeople really building a multidimensional place that is starting to feel like ...more
LynnMarie
Apr 27, 2011 LynnMarie rated it it was amazing

Monica's Review

Demons come in all forms but also saviors, protectors.

A bride is about to meet her new husband but she has a surprise coming when she meets him. Not only is she already married before even seeing him but there is his brother and also her brother-in-law whom was married to her sister.

Amelia Samthers’ sister, Prudence, has passed away and it is time for her to fulfill her promise to her sister. Amelia is very unsure about her looks due to escaping a burning home saving two childr
Kiki
Sep 15, 2011 Kiki rated it really liked it
Amy is a sweet heroine. She has a strong will and a lot of heart.

Having two Indians and a big burly Scotsman was HOT!! Wheew.

(A lot of this review will sound the same my review of Barefoot Bride for Three since I had a lot of the same thoughts about them. I have edited the points for this particular book.)

Reece Butler has created a very realistic setting. I went to her website and found a wealth of research for this Bride Train series. All that thought and research comes through in her books an
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
If you want to know, what is “wetter than a cat caught in an August thunderstorm” then take a journey into the history of the Montana Territory where men outnumbered women 100 to 1. In this steamy tale you will learn of one woman’s trip from back east who rode the Bride Train west to meet her new husband and ended up with three.

Before Amelia Smathers' sister, Prudence dies; she gets Amelia to promise to sign a marriage contract and come west to be the wife of Nevin MacDougal and to raise her si
Sandra
I really liked this book. Much like my review of book #1, great heroine and amazing hero. (And yes, my review of this book is almost identical to my review of book one).

The sexytime in the book wasn't as hot as I thought it was going to be.. I've read a lot better and more exciting in other books that I didn't like half as much as I liked this one.

And I think this story would have worked without the ménage aspect of the story (I felt that in book #1 as well).

Simon (& others show up from book
ValerieC
Feb 16, 2011 ValerieC rated it it was amazing
Series: Bride Train

This is Book 2. While this can be read as a standalone, I really do recommend that you read Book 1, 'Barefoot Bride for Three' first. There are many characters and circumstances mentioned in this book that you will not likely understand if you read Book 2 first.

I am in love with this series and really hope there will be more. A couple has been set up for a future romance, the missing brothers and wild Elliott sister haven't yet returned with the cattle herd, and a bad guy is s
Brutally Honest
Gyahaha the cover to this one, omg. Can you imagine whipping this one out on the train? Hilarious.

Anyway. I had massive trouble imagining a Scotsman in Wyoming. I also could not figure out all the familial relations, and I honestly didn't care all that much either. And I was so happy to see a non-white hero! The first in like, 100+ books that I've read recently.

What I wasn't so happy about was the forced menage: no way was I convinced Gillis wanted to be in this menage. Nevin and Ross I could im
Dar
Jun 02, 2013 Dar rated it really liked it
Amelia is a spunky little thing, and to deal with Ross, she definitely needs all of it. She also has some wicked fantasies that her husband and his brothers are more than willing to indulge in for her. The handling of Gillis moving on from Prue to Amelia is handled well, and how Ross explains to Daniel how they all have scars and are still good people is a touching scene. But the thing that makes this book stand out, other than the hot scenes between Amelia and her man, or men, is the easy accep ...more
✿-Anna-✿
Not as good as the first one book in Bridal Train Series mainly because seeing the love between Trace and Beth was easier to see where it came from... not that I didn't believe the love between Ross and Amelia, it just kind of felt just put in, I do like how the wrote in the conflict in the story and Daniel joining their family was a surprise... I still feel that Nevil got a little short changed in the deal, cause Amelia was originally suppose to be his... I'm not sure I liked that.

Kate Dirty Girls' Good Books
3.5 stars. This is another re-read for me. A Contract Bride's Triple Surprise is the book that made me fall firmly in love with this series. Amelia and Ross are both scarred people, but they compliment each other in so many ways. Add Nevin and Gillis into the mix and they finally have a complete unit in so many ways!
Serena
Apr 01, 2016 Serena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica, romance-mfm

My Rating System:
Carisa
Apr 23, 2012 Carisa rated it really liked it
Very good as erotic reading, with a good plot and decent character development.
SCENES/CONTENT: several/menage
GENRE/TONE: western/drama
LENGTH: 370 pages
Lori Whitwam
May 06, 2011 Lori Whitwam rated it really liked it
Again, tacky cover, but a well-done story.
Julianna
Liked this one almost as much as the first!
Susan
Jan 31, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica, historical
finished. 11/11. my rating. 4
Bippy
Bippy rated it liked it
May 01, 2016
Cynthia F.
Cynthia F. marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Virginia Eyers
Virginia Eyers marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Ama
Ama rated it it was ok
Apr 26, 2016
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Heidi
Heidi added it
Apr 20, 2016
Jennie
Jennie marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Apr 18, 2016
  • Amanda's Texas Rangers
  • Beaumonts’ Brand
  • Damaged Cowboys
  • Love Under Two Gunslingers (Lusty, Texas, #1 Lost Collection)
  • Mail Order Bride for Two (Badlands, #1)
  • Bridled and Saddled (Bridled, #2)
  • Mikayla's Men (A Bride for Eight Brothers, #1)
  • Delilah's Downfall (Texas Temptations, #2)
  • Hailey's Secret (Passion Victoria #6)
  • Belonging to Them (Men of the Border Lands, #1)
  • Mikayla (Orchidea: Love on the Bayou, #3)
  • Bella's Rodeo (Journey Of A Thousand Miles #1)
  • Two to Love (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #2)
  • Half Hearts
  • Jamie's Revenge (The Jenny Penn Collection, #2)
Reece Butler loves writing, and researching, erotic menage romance featuring hot Montana ranchers and Highlanders -- cowboys and kilts!

More about Reece Butler...

Bride Train (9 books)
  • Barefoot Bride for Three (Bride Train, #1)
  • Compromised Cowgirl (Bride Train, #3)
  • A Convenient Husband (Bride Train, #4)
  • 1 Bed, 2 Weddings, 3 Husbands  (Bride Train, #5)
  • Beauty and the Beasts (Bride Train, #6)
  • The Badger City Gang (Bride Train, #7)
  • Southern Seduction (Bride Train, #8)
  • Demanding Satisfaction (Bride Train #9)