Start by marking “Decorating JunkMarket Style: Repurposed Junk to Suit Any Decor” as Want to Read:
Decorating JunkMarket Style: Repurposed Junk to Suit Any Decor

Decorating JunkMarket Style: Repurposed Junk to Suit Any Decor

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  21 reviews
The JUNKMARKET Girls reveal ideas from their unique creations, product line, and media ventures.

Secrets to finding good junk and how to use it for new and different purposes.

Inspiration for those searching for treasure at flea markets, garage sales, attics, and dumps.

Room settings illustrate decorating styles urban industrial, country, cottage, retro, and even traditional.

Published March 8th 2005 by Meridith Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Decorating JunkMarket Style, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Decorating JunkMarket Style

Rachel
I wish I had the time and imagination to create my own junk chic decor. I liked how the room pictures showed a balance of junk and normal furniture. One criticism: I would have appreciated if close up pictures would have also included a picture of the entire item so I could see more details overall.
Hazel
While I can applaud these ladies for the ingenuity, I'm not convinced of the practicality of most of their suggestions. You have to have a lot of free time and a mountain of junk to accomplish this type of decorating motif. Also, I feel like their creations are so jerry rigged that you'd have to be very careful not to bump into anything in these rooms else everything would come falling down.

On the other hand, I thought their birdcage planter was cute and do-able. It's a fun book to look at, but
Fluffy Flowers
Now a couple of books that I recently found and could not put down are Junk Beautiful and Decorating Junk Market Style by Sue Whitney and Ki Nassauer. I don't think I've ever been as inspired to transform junk into treasures. These ladies are fabulous! You might have seen their articles in Country Home magazine. Their website is sure to inspire you as well so I hope you head on over there and check it out.
babyhippoface
These women have such creative-thinking brains. They look at a discarded piece of "junk" and see it blending beautifully into someone's home decor. And they're great at it. I have seen some books and magazines about "junk" decorating where, after all was said and done, their work looked like...well, junk. Not so with these ladies' work. Their rustic touches blend perfectly.
Wendi
I learned that in Florida we pretty much have sucky junk stores and flea markets and that all of the cool things in this book will never be had by me unless I move out of this state. It's a fun book but unless you live near really cool flea markets it's kind of not fun. There is an element of jealousy.
Trish
Non-Fiction; Home Improvement
4 stars

While decorating with junk definitely is not everyones style, this book has great ideas for reusing and repurposing items in a creative way.

If you like yard sales, antique shops, and thrift store 'vintage-y' type stuff, you will probably enjoy this book.
I love junk with potential, so this book was kind of right up my alley. I didn't like, though, that they teased me with such ideas as "make a lampshade out of a hatbox" but there were no instructions, nor a good enough pic to figure out the technical details myself. Rude.
Dee
There were a few cool ideas that I may try in this book. I am always on the lookout for junk that can be recycled and this book is all about that. I especially liked the birdcage planter. I am so going to do that.
Susan
Projects I like:
Mailbox shoe rack
Table with old metal tray and tray stand from restaurant supply
Big stumps of wood with wheels on the bottom

Some interesting and unusual stuff.
Tori
Apr 25, 2008 Tori rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those who like to decorate with repurposed "junk"
I bought this book because my boyfriend and I are into flea markets and repurposing the items we find there. This had LOADS of great do-it-yourself decorating ideas!
Mimi
So fun! Their approach is a little different from other books that showcase flea market style. This book also includes some how to projects.
Joyanne
I liked some of the quirky ideas, but I do not have that much pretty junk sitting around to make things like that. It was fun to look at.
jenna nims
i love looking at pictures for ideas - and then going out and finding stuff like a treasure hunt and then selling it all on ebay!! fun fun
Kristen
Fun for ideas and design ideas, poor for practicality and actual workable projects. But a great book for fleamarket/junk market ideas.
Megan
I'm just never going to think a cheese grater lamp is stylish. Love ki's magazine but the books are just not me.
Just - The romance reader
Cute ideas for decorating on a dime and recycling junk into treasured interior design elements.
Karen
Would love to be so clever in re-purposing old things.
Trish
It is neat seeing old things used today.
Amanda
If only I had the eye and the talent to do this.
Ceanne
Really great ideas!
Sabrina
I love this book more than the 2nd book they put out. This book has a lot of interesting things to make. Very inspiring. I especially like the mailbox shoe rack. I wish I could find a whole bunch of old mailboxes and make that.
Nancy
Nancy added it
Mar 12, 2015
Izzy Spear
Izzy Spear marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Chelsey W.
Chelsey W. marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Lawanda Mckenzie
Lawanda Mckenzie marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Karla Nuss
Karla Nuss marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Junk Beautiful: Room by Room Makeovers with Junkmarket Style Junk Beautiful Outdoor Edition