Start by marking “Decorating JunkMarket Style: Repurposed Junk to Suit Any Decor” as Want to Read:
Decorating JunkMarket Style: Repurposed Junk to Suit Any Decor

Decorating JunkMarket Style: Repurposed Junk to Suit Any Decor

The JUNKMARKET Girls reveal ideas from their unique creations, product line, and media ventures.

Secrets to finding good junk and how to use it for new and different purposes.

Inspiration for those searching for treasure at flea markets, garage sales, attics, and dumps.

Room settings illustrate decorating styles urban industrial, country, cottage, retro, and even traditional.

Published March 8th 2005 by Meridith Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Decorating JunkMarket Style, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Decorating JunkMarket Style

Hazel
May 20, 2012 Hazel rated it it was ok
While I can applaud these ladies for the ingenuity, I'm not convinced of the practicality of most of their suggestions. You have to have a lot of free time and a mountain of junk to accomplish this type of decorating motif. Also, I feel like their creations are so jerry rigged that you'd have to be very careful not to bump into anything in these rooms else everything would come falling down.

On the other hand, I thought their birdcage planter was cute and do-able. It's a fun book to look at, but
Linda
Jan 31, 2016 Linda rated it it was amazing
For anyone that enjoys junking this is a good book. It provides not only beautiful photo's but "how to's" for reusing other people's junk.(treasures) I love the idea of finding a new use for an old item rather than throwing it away. There is so much character in an old painting, furniture, lamp or architectual piece. My style of decorating is eclectic and this book provided me with some great ideas. This is a book I will refer back to many, many times. Well done Sue & Ki.
Fluffy Flowers
Aug 18, 2010 Fluffy Flowers rated it liked it
Now a couple of books that I recently found and could not put down are Junk Beautiful and Decorating Junk Market Style by Sue Whitney and Ki Nassauer. I don't think I've ever been as inspired to transform junk into treasures. These ladies are fabulous! You might have seen their articles in Country Home magazine. Their website is sure to inspire you as well so I hope you head on over there and check it out.
Wendi
Sep 03, 2008 Wendi rated it liked it
I learned that in Florida we pretty much have sucky junk stores and flea markets and that all of the cool things in this book will never be had by me unless I move out of this state. It's a fun book but unless you live near really cool flea markets it's kind of not fun. There is an element of jealousy.
babyhippoface
Jul 16, 2011 babyhippoface rated it really liked it
Shelves: grown-up-stuff
These women have such creative-thinking brains. They look at a discarded piece of "junk" and see it blending beautifully into someone's home decor. And they're great at it. I have seen some books and magazines about "junk" decorating where, after all was said and done, their work looked like...well, junk. Not so with these ladies' work. Their rustic touches blend perfectly.
Sabrina
Sep 02, 2008 Sabrina rated it it was amazing
I love this book more than the 2nd book they put out. This book has a lot of interesting things to make. Very inspiring. I especially like the mailbox shoe rack. I wish I could find a whole bunch of old mailboxes and make that.
Dee
Jun 26, 2010 Dee rated it liked it
Shelves: home-design
There were a few cool ideas that I may try in this book. I am always on the lookout for junk that can be recycled and this book is all about that. I especially liked the birdcage planter. I am so going to do that.
Dec 23, 2007 Jennifer rated it liked it
Shelves: houseandhome
I love junk with potential, so this book was kind of right up my alley. I didn't like, though, that they teased me with such ideas as "make a lampshade out of a hatbox" but there were no instructions, nor a good enough pic to figure out the technical details myself. Rude.
Trish
Sep 15, 2012 Trish rated it really liked it
Non-Fiction; Home Improvement
4 stars

While decorating with junk definitely is not everyones style, this book has great ideas for reusing and repurposing items in a creative way.

If you like yard sales, antique shops, and thrift store 'vintage-y' type stuff, you will probably enjoy this book.
Joyanne
May 23, 2012 Joyanne rated it liked it
I liked some of the quirky ideas, but I do not have that much pretty junk sitting around to make things like that. It was fun to look at.
Mimi
Oct 10, 2008 Mimi rated it it was amazing
So fun! Their approach is a little different from other books that showcase flea market style. This book also includes some how to projects.
jenna nims
Oct 23, 2007 jenna nims rated it liked it
i love looking at pictures for ideas - and then going out and finding stuff like a treasure hunt and then selling it all on ebay!! fun fun
Kristen
Apr 12, 2008 Kristen rated it really liked it
Shelves: housekeeping
Fun for ideas and design ideas, poor for practicality and actual workable projects. But a great book for fleamarket/junk market ideas.
Tori
Apr 25, 2008 Tori rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Those who like to decorate with repurposed "junk"
I bought this book because my boyfriend and I are into flea markets and repurposing the items we find there. This had LOADS of great do-it-yourself decorating ideas!
Susan
Jul 23, 2010 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: crafty, house
Projects I like:
Mailbox shoe rack
Table with old metal tray and tray stand from restaurant supply
Big stumps of wood with wheels on the bottom

Some interesting and unusual stuff.
Selkie
Apr 03, 2015 Selkie rated it it was amazing
Decoration Junk Market Style is a highly imaginative book. My favorite idea is the making of a chandelier from chicken wire.
Megan
Nov 10, 2012 Megan rated it it was ok
I'm just never going to think a cheese grater lamp is stylish. Love ki's magazine but the books are just not me.
Tara Read
Tara Read rated it really liked it
May 07, 2012
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2011
Kim
Kim rated it it was ok
Dec 13, 2009
Jael
Jael rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2010
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2013
Sarah Skoniecki
Sarah Skoniecki rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2012
Candielouhoo
Candielouhoo rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2009
Nina
Nina rated it liked it
May 20, 2009
Debra
Debra rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2013
Trishia
Trishia rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2016
bob schrader
bob schrader rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Trish
Oct 03, 2013 Trish rated it liked it
It is neat seeing old things used today.
Jennifer Clark
Jennifer Clark rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2009