Start by marking “Deliver Us from Evil” as Want to Read:
Deliver Us from Evil

Deliver Us from Evil

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  852 ratings  ·  42 reviews
Nearly three years have passed since that tragic day in September. Since then, our wounds have healed, but our senses and memories have dulled.

At first, the nation rallied behind its leader. But by the time the confrontation with Iraq presented itself, our courage and moral certainty seemed to fade in the face of partisan bickering and posturing.

Now the political left and
Published March 17th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published February 17th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Deliver Us from Evil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deliver Us from Evil

James
Not the worst book ever written, but pretty fucking close.

I must begin by saying that since Hannity is below a purely academic discussion, resorting to personal insults won't trouble my conscience at all. And since I'd rather flog myself than read more conservative trash, I'm gonna try to get as much in here as possible, but I'm only going to write about issues dealt with in this book.

Hmm... Where should I begin my rant about this loser's disgusting work of warmongering propaganda? Should I sta
Dan
Apart from the fact that this book was an overt attempt to convince people to vote for Bush's re-election in 2004, I really liked it. He talked a lot about what happened in Regan's, H.W. Bush's, and Clinton's presidencies which I was alive for but know nothing about. I agree with a lot of what he says although I don't think our problems are so much about party lines as they are about Liberal/Traditional differences. Liberals are wrong.
Anthony Eggert
Mar 20, 2009 Anthony Eggert rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Politically Moderate-to-Conservative Readers and History buffs
Although I'm a bit more moderate than Sean, I find little fault in this book and agree with just about everything he covers. Liberals will obviously find a lot to get steamed about, conservatives will love it, while a moderate reader will be given a lot to ponder. More than anything, the common approach that we must let history remind us of the dangers of political extremism is conveyed very well.
Brian
The best and most knowledgable journalist on T.V./Radio today. Very enjoyable book that covers many world events of the last 30 years. Hannity gives people a view of the events from a conservative view, but has reflections of liberal views also. Interesting and entertaining book.
Mdp411
Really good, informatative read. Lots of historical data that helps to explain many things that are going on in today's world. I was surprised at how fast I got through this book. It was easy to understand and Hannity does a good job at keeping your interest level high.
Maureen
I am so far enjoying this book, but have a long way to go. Wonderful read - Hannity at his best

I finished the book and enjoyed it and was afraid both at the same time. Hannity not only shares what he knows, he knows what he shares.
Amy
Oct 01, 2008 Amy rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone.
If only we could Sean... This was my first Hannity read after listening to him for three years on the radio. I will be reading it again.
Naomi
I read this book years ago..I thought it had good information for the time, but can't give an indepth reason for my rating.
Shyla Landvatter
I love Sean Hannity!! I was into talk radio there for awhile!! That was before I didn't sleep all day and work all night! :)
Elyse
This book launched my interest into politics. An easy introduction to conservative thought.
Marc
I had to read this just to see... and I was right. Crap. I can't believe people think like this.
G Ream
We need to gear up and step up and defend our beliefs, liberties and own up to our responsibilities
I read this in 2006 when I was still politically a conservative Republican. Not anymore.
Brannon
god, sean hannity is an idiot asshole.
Marky
Mar 27, 2008 Marky rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: brainwashed liberals
This book is about how terrorism and liberalism affect our world today. This book also mentions what action we are taking against them, and how the elite liberals are doing everything they can to gain power in the White House. Liberal democrats are selfish beings that are careless about national security, and defeating terrorism. I'm sorry to say that terrorism does exist. Groups like Al Quada thriving in many parts of the world such as Iran, Iraq and Afghanistan have committed their life to ha ...more
Dan
Political hagiographies are my secret guilty pleasure, but this seemed a little sloppily thrown together even for Hannity. It was written for the 2004 Presidential Campaign, so I expected it to be a little dated, but I thought it would at least have been better researched. I considered that maybe I'm not giving him credit for things we didn't know in 2004, but he mainly focused on things that were recognizably crap even when they were Fresh. Most notably he constantly ties the 9/11 attacks to th ...more
Jim Serger
Excellent book on why we should re-elect George W.Bush back in 2004....very good book looking into taking on terrorism head on, and the leadership needed in the White House to take on the challenges of keeping America and it's citizens safe..
Andrew
Listened to the audiobook back in 2004 as part of a deal with a HS coach--his end of the bargain was to read Al Franken's "Lies and the Lying Liars That Tell Them." Thought that Hannity was interesting and mildly persuasive in places but otherwise filled with convenient half-truths, distortions, and exaggerations. The man's fear and hatred of Hillary Clinton are almost palpable, which tends to take away from any sort of effectiveness he might otherwise have had.
Dick Bollard
This is the second book by the increasingly popular conservative national talk show host and it is more focused and better researched than his first book. He tries to warn conservatives (and the liberals he says who may be open-minded enough) of what some liberal, anti-war, anti-Constitution citizens, candidates and office holders intentions to throw away our security and our safe future
Cliff Carey
Hannity tends to blame all the evil in the world on the Democrats, as opposed to the true origin of the evil. While I agree with probably 90% of his assertions in the book, through his delivery he does no help to the conservative cause. I would not recommend this book to anyone that I wanted to win over to my side.
Jeff Brailey
I couldn't finish this sorry book. Hannity is a naive literary lightweight with a jingoist agenda. He comes to faulty conclusions. I don't think he and 99 other chimps could write a decent book if they were locked in a roomful of typewriters for a thousand years.
Kolby
Apr 13, 2008 Kolby rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Kolby by: Grandpa - (surprise! He thought i was getting too liberal!)
Interesting book! If one wants to gain insight to the ideology of a Reagan Conservative this is a good read. Hannity tries to be thorough in citations and backing up his opinions with facts. I was surprised by the effort, as I was apprehensive to read it at first.
Darrell Kaiser
An interesting book I read while on deployment. The conservative ideals will never be outdated in this book. Our forefathers would be proud to look and see that we still have fine upstanding individuals in this nation such as Mr. Hannity.
Bonnie
I think Sean Hannity did a very good job revealing the threats to our national sovereignty and freedoms by encroaching liberalism and socialism right in our government. It is an important political work clearly written for the layman.
Zach
This book is great at shining a light on liberal policies that are killing this economy. Sean is right that when evil is found it must be combated or it will spread like cancer.
Kymberly
Listening to this on book on tape. It's an older one. but so true in his comments.
So has gotten me interested in politics a little more. My stand is growing stronger.
Steven Hummer
Sean is better on radio I like him but the book didn't meet my expectations in his audiobook he used allot of big words and it was hard to follow.
Kathy
I re4alize now that there are many groups of people that want to destroy the USA-some are in our country profiting from our good fortune.
Lindsay
Hannity gives truthful insight to today's biggest issue: national security. Great book, well-written and keeps the reader's attention.
Marah
Rant, rant, rant, bit more detail, rant, rant, detailed review of the 2004 democratic candidates but no republican candidates.
  • Treason: Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism
  • See, I Told You So
  • The No Spin Zone: Confrontations with the Powerful and Famous in America
  • Power to the People
  • Persecution: How Liberals Are Waging War Against Christians
  • Winning the Future: A 21st Century Contract With America
  • Unfit For Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry
  • Men In Black: How the Supreme Court is Destroying America
  • The Enemy Within: Saving America from the Liberal Assault on Our Churches, Schools, and Military
  • Catastrophe
  • Culture of Corruption: Obama and His Team of Tax Cheats, Crooks, and Cronies
  • Do As I Say (Not As I Do): Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy
American radio/television host, author, and neoconservative political commentator. Also he has his own datingnetwork called "Hannidate" for gay and straight conservatives.

Hannity is a co-host of Hannity & Colmes in which he represents the conservative point of view. Also he runs an conservative radio talk show.

More about Sean Hannity...
Let Freedom Ring: Winning the War of Liberty over Liberalism Conservative Victory: Defeating Obama's Radical Agenda Let Freedom Ring Surrounded by Idiots: Fighting Liberal Lunacy in America Deliver Us from Evil