Start by marking “You Are My Miracle” as Want to Read:
You Are My Miracle

You Are My Miracle

From the creators of You Are My I Love You, a traditional and heartwarming Christmas book for new mothers, fathers, and their little miracles of joy.

Nothing beats the magic of time spent between parent and child, and perhaps no time is more magical than Christmas. Presented in gentle rhymes and illustrations as warm and glowing as a winter’s fire, here is one such Christma
Published September 15th 2005 by Philomel Books

To ask other readers questions about You Are My Miracle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Are My Miracle

Kathryn
Sweet and adorable. Didn't really grab me, but perhaps I'm just already too familiar with the format of the "You are My..." books by now. A nice, quiet choice for a Christmas story, though. Perfect for bedtime and wee ones.
Julie
Such a beautiful and sweet book. I bought it for my adopted daughter 8 years ago when she was 5, and both of us still get tears in our eyes every time we read it.
Rebecca
Dec 08, 2016 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Beautiful. The last page is a real tear jerker. I think some people are desensitized based on the reviews.
I don't consider myself and overly emotional person at all, but this was a sweet book for ages 2-4.
CalebJacobOwenZac
Dec 29, 2015 CalebJacobOwenZac rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
Finally started the tradition this year (2016) of wrapping up 25 Christmas books and reading a new book each day before Christmas. This was the book I chose for Day 1 on the countdown. I cried. The boys loved it. It brings the special feeling of Christmas to your heart. Afterwards my four miracles and I had a warm group hug. I had to squeeze them extra long and tight. We're on day 2 and we've read it two more times.
babyhippoface
“I am your fortress; you are my snowball fight. I am your decorate; you are my tangled lights.” Big Bear celebrates the youthful energy and spirit of Baby Bear in this rhyming Christmas picture book. Ichikawa’s watercolors of the two bears enjoying the season perfectly complement the text. Parents will love sharing this sentimental charmer with their preschoolers during the holidays.
Robert
This is a book of rhyme of a parent speaking to his child. He offers a contrast between the two of them in rhyme on each page.

I am your bundle up;
you are my dash outside.
I am your uphill pull;
you are my fast sleigh ride.

Cute enough. The illustrations are nostalgic bear art. It's cute and could be used in the classroom.
Wanda
Dec 24, 2012 Wanda rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s-books
Nothing spectacular here. I thought it was kind of syrupy. It followed the pattern, 'you are my--fill in the blank-- and I am your --fill in the blank--. I didn't think most of the pairs had anything to do with each other. I read it a second time just to be sure I wasn't too tired to appreciate it with the first reading, and nope, it wasn't any better in the light of morning.
Dolly
Dec 10, 2011 Dolly rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, 2009, christmas
The love and bond between a parent and child is highlighted in this book. For all of the caution, care and worry a parent carries, a child brings wonder, excitement and fun. It is this contrast that is lovingly explored with a Christmas theme. The illustrations are very nicely detailed and go nicely with the text.
Linda Quarne-Hartman
Mar 12, 2008 Linda Quarne-Hartman rated it it was amazing
I bought this book for my girls, they are my miracles. A beautifully written, lyrical book that my girls loved for the rhyme and I loved for the reason behind the rhyme. In the future I know the girls will understand and hopefully cherish this book more and it will become something that they pass on to their children. I can never get through a reading of it without choking up just a little....
Liz
Jan 05, 2010 Liz rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite Christmas books to read to my son! The beautiful prose (especially the end) made me cry the first several times I read it. The parent is described as the steady, stable, supportive things in the poem and the child is the fun that adds the special to those things. It's a beautiful book!
Maria
Oct 15, 2012 Maria rated it it was amazing
This is one of the sweetest parent/child books I have ever read, and I dissolve into tears by the third last page every single time. I already have a copy in the house for our own baby (due at Christmas) who hasn't even arrived yet. That's how good it is. I can't imagine a day in his life without this book being a part of it.
Janet
Feb 24, 2011 Janet rated it really liked it
I love the books that this author and illustrator create. They are reassuring and would create a great connection when reading this one on one with a child. The comparisons are real--example: I am your decorate; you are my tangled lights.
Dec 28, 2015 Laura rated it liked it
I absolutely love the words. The rhymes are original and profound and sweet. The illustrations were just not my taste. They look like the Charmin bears. If another edition came out catered to my artistic snobbery, I would buy it so hard.
Angela
Aug 10, 2010 Angela rated it it was amazing
Maryann Cusimano is becoming a favorite author around here. Her stories are beautiful, heartfelt and really make it easy to talk about how special your child is to you in a way they can understand. This will definitely be going into our permanent collection to be read at Christmas time.
Melanie
Dec 19, 2012 Melanie rated it really liked it
Awww! This book is so sweet. Made me think of my four precious children and how they complete my world. May have to buy this one to add to our Christmas collection! Read for preschool lesson on the topic of Christmas.
May 03, 2010 Laura rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This is a beautiful picture book that brought me to tears. I read it to my 12 year old and he liked it as well..the story is of a mother expressing her love for her child. The illustrations are gorgeous.
Marcelle
Oct 15, 2012 Marcelle rated it it was amazing
A sweet pause for a quiet cuddle with a holiday book for parents and little kids to share together, although it's the kind of book my mom would read aloud and would make her cry. Great rhymes and descriptive contrasts--I wish I had found it sooner.
Peanut
Dec 14, 2013 Peanut rated it liked it
Shelves: own, read-aloud, christmas
MOMMY: 3.5 Stars. You are my miracle is sweet and sappy, but in a good way. Soft illustrations about the bond and balance between parent and child.

PEANUT: He likes this book but it's never the first to be chosen.
Heather
Jan 16, 2014 Heather rated it really liked it
I bought this for my little boy for Christmas because he really is my miracle. I love the rhyming and the words. It made my cry the first time I read it while shopping. He likes the pictures and we read this often and year round even though it's a Christmas book.
Heather
I absolutely love this sweet beautiful book. I found it difficult to read without getting weepy (every time). Happily anticipating his first Christmas, I read it to William each day in December. I am happy to add it to our family traditions.
Deanna
Jan 29, 2013 Deanna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, christmas
Can I give it 6 stars?! This book has special meaning to us, as our baby was born on Christmas day. It was gifted to us by a special friend who knows the miracle of his birth. I feel like it was written for us :)
Katie Plumley
* BEAUTIFUL illustrations!

* Beautiful example of creative writing, describing feelings and ideas with tangible objects that represent those emotions.

* Inspirational text about the love of a parent and child.
Tanika
Apr 17, 2011 Tanika rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rhyme, love
I love this story its like a Hallmark card. It is all about how much a parent loves their children. I think it’s a good story to read just because it is so sweet.
Elizabeth Meadows
Nov 10, 2014 Elizabeth Meadows rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
Beautiful sentiment, reminiscent of one of my favorites, The Runaway Bunny. Will demand to be read and reread.
Lindsay Wolsey
Jan 05, 2013 Lindsay Wolsey rated it really liked it
I read this to my daughter every Christmas. It makes me cry at the end, because that's exactly how I feel about my daughter.
Kathryn
Dec 19, 2011 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
The style of writing is easy to follow and such a sweet correlation between mother and child. The illustrations were cuddly and warm feeling. I'd buy this for my granddaughter.
Ryan
Dec 31, 2007 Ryan rated it really liked it
A really hard book to read to your child without getting weepy. Sweet and with a nice rhythm that kids enjoy.
Relyn
Mar 12, 2016 Relyn rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: parents
Recommended to Relyn by: spotted at the bookstore
That the author's last name is Love, couldn't be more perfect. This book is a beautiful picture of a parent's love for their child.
Angie
Dec 12, 2012 Angie rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture
Well hmm. Did NOT enjoy this as much as apparently many other people. The pictures are cute but the text comparisons ... my niece and I didn't quite get the point. :/
Chrystal
Dec 31, 2009 Chrystal rated it it was amazing
I really relate to the words of this book - they are full of understanding of parental love as well as of age and youth. The pictures are sweet too.
  • Why Christmas Trees Aren't Perfect
  • Fancy Nancy: Splendiferous Christmas
  • Little Goblins Ten
  • Humphreys First Christmas
  • Mortimer's Christmas Manger
  • Apple Tree Christmas
  • I've Seen Santa!
  • I Believe in Santa Claus
  • Who is Coming to Our House?
  • The Nutcracker
  • Merry Christmas, Curious George
  • Merry Christmas, Big Hungry Bear!
  • All You Need for a Snowman
  • Room for a Little One: A Christmas Tale
  • Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree
  • Dewey's Christmas at the Library
  • Can You See What I See?: The Night Before Christmas: Picture Puzzles to Search and Solve
  • I'll Be Home For Christmas (Toot & Puddle)