Student's Life Application Bible New Testament: NLT –New Living Translation

Student's Life Application Bible New Testament: NLT –New Living Translation

4.8 of 5 stars 4.80  ·  rating details  ·  555 ratings  ·  73 reviews
Totally revised and updated, the "Student's Life Application Study Bible" is a Bible designed to help today's teens discover God's perspective and learn how to apply vital truths to the situations they face daily. Engaging notes, questions, and graphics challenge readers with the Bible's relevant message. All notes and features written by leading youth experts. Features: h...more
Published October 5th 2006 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published April 1st 2004)

Courtney
I have the personal sized, black and white floral cover design copy of this Bible and it is gorgeous!

This is my first Bible and it will probably be the only one I ever use. I love the NLT translation first of all. I don't know why NIV is so popular. Both NLT and NIV are modern translations, but I find that NLT is much clearer in the intended meaning, whereas NIV can leave me guessing for days.

The study notes and charts are AMAZING!!! I cannot stress enough how much they have helped me. I am a bo...more
currently trying the read=through method where you start in Genesis, 1 Samuel, Job, Isaiah and Matthew and read 5 chapters in one of those books then alternate and move forward through the Bible from there. Currently around chapter 26 in most of those books and getting ready to move into 2 Samuel. Enjoying washing with the water of the Word in a season where I am sort of perplexed. It is good to have His Word and know THAT is His voice.
Sandy Sandmeyer
This Bible is a great version for study and easy reading. The study guides are wonderful. On many pages, the study guide is half the page and the Bible reading is the other half. The Bible is brought into clarity with this version. I highly recommend it to anyone!
Tom Leary
Jun 01, 2007 Tom Leary rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christians
I've read through many different study bibles in my work as a youth minister. I haven't found any to be easier to understand or have more useful information than the Life Application Study Bibles. The NLT version works well as it is generally seen as truer the the biblical text. In general the commentary does a great job giving very useful information right on the page regarding the historical activities going on during the time of the verse being referenced.
Kristianna Holy Cheese
Aug 18, 2007 Kristianna Holy Cheese rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYBODY in the WHOLE ENTIRE world
This book is amazing!! It helps me everyday!!! I will always be reading this book!!!! I will never be done reading this book!! There is always something new to didcover in every chapter even if u have read it a gazzilion times I promise you!! If you start reading and studing this book you will be amazed at the stuff you learn about JESUS the one who dies for our sins and the one who loves you sooo much no mater what!!!!!
Athena Braun
I have tried to read the King James version and I gave up!! I was trying to find a bible that I could understand and I found this gem!! This was a Christmas present to myself:) This is easy to read, notes at the bottom explain in more detail what it is U are reading.Believe me when I tell U this is the best bible!!
Margaret
Oct 26, 2010 Margaret marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bibles, nlt, tyndale-house
*Thanks to New Living Translation Facebook Fan Page and Tyndale House Publishers for having a giveaway where I won a copy!!*
Carol
1/6/2014

Romans 8:39

No power in the sky above or in the earth below -- nothing, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I received as a gift this NLT (New Living Translation) bible and find that it is so informative. I have yet to use the DVD. Many of the sentences are very similar to the NIV (mostly what I have memorized). But I find the history in addition to the scriptures very helpful even though I still use my "W...more
Aaron
Dec 16, 2012 Aaron rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: partially-read
A nice readable translation, giving some extra descriptives where the metaphor might be lost in English. Also translates into estimates for English units instead of Ancient ones (Feet and inches, instead of Cubits, Pounds and Tons instead of shekels and talents). Also translates dates into approximate Gregorian calendar dates, which is nice. The commentary is all about (as the title might imply) applying the text to your life. Not a lot of history, but a lot of application. Good Stuff.
Chris
easy-to-read wording; my wife has the New International Version NIV but there have been some times this Bible's wording was a bit more understandable.

I would recommend a new method of Bible reading - Professor Horners Bible Reading System (http://thelawmanchronicles.blogspot.c...) - odd long name but give it a try....
Johnb
While I've only recently received this bible I'm already enjoying having the study notes there. Really helps add depth and understanding to the passages, particularly for a scripture neophyte such as myself.

Amusing that there is a "date I finished this book". If I ever find myself "finished" reading the bible, then my next of kin will need to notate the date. :)
Sarah Bucher Stänz
There is a reason for this book being the most translated book in the world...It's incredibly interesting and so close to life today. I just fell in love with that book, it's so great, it helps me what to do in different situations and I cannot get enough from the bible.
it's difficult to say which is my favorite part cause the whole book is just WoW :-)
Justin Shaum
3.14.08-9.5.09 - On 3.11 I started reading with the NIV.. On 3.13 I continued with dad’s NLT and loved it.. On 3.14 I went to a family christian store and got a new NLT Life Application Study Bible—engraved Justin D. Shaum..
12.21.09-12.31.10 - the 365-day plan in the back
Rebecca Lundberg
Feb 14, 2008 Rebecca Lundberg rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everybody
Finally, an easy to read, simple translation of the Bible! I just discovered this particular Bible and am really enjoying it. The notes and life applications are just wonderful. This Bible is increasing my understand of the Bible and its applications to my life.
Ray
This study bible is a winner. Lots of color photos, maps, illustrations, timelines, as well as the Life Application Bible study notes. It's presented chronologically to help the reader get a grasp on the whole order of things in the bible. Highly recommended.
Dave Petrie
I really enjoy the thought process used in creating this very accurately translated edition to the "Life Application Study Bible" series.
Thoughts flow smoothly, making thus easy to understand and share with others.
David Hevia
This Bible transformed my faith by applying the text to my daily life. The instruction it provides is the best tool for understanding the gospel and learning to live the Christian life.
Tatiana
This is my favorite bible version because for me NLT is the best to understand and I just really enjoy how the pages and study material are organized.
Melissa
This told me a lot more things than I expected. It's a nice way to start you day. It always makes my days a ton better.
Stan
This version is easier to understand but not as poetic as the King James version.
Jeffrey Wood
A gift from my mother. An extremely in-depth study of God's word in plain English.
Katie Fletcher
This bible was given me to borrow from a dear friend who had just received an older Bible, that she felt suited her better. From a young age I always loved the way it looked, and always looked over my shoulder when my friend had it out; it made my Bible look boring.

The thing about this Bible that's different is that the writing is blue and all other bits and bobs pink. At the start of each chapter it gives a wonderful synopsis, what happens, who's in it, where it took place, when it took place....more
Loretta
This is my favourite translation of the Bible. I like it for its clarity, even though it lacks the beauty and flow of the KJV. The one thing which would improve it, though, would be a version written in "English-English" instead of American-English. As a writer in the U.K. I find that if I read too much American-English it starts to affect my spelling. (That doesn't mean I eschew the books from some of the wonderful American authors out there, just that I need to balance them with British writer...more
Sandra Konechny
BEWARE--downloading this bible did not result in the 'whole-meal-deal'. The e-tools for going to a Bible's content menu were coded in blue and locked up so that I could not go directly to book, then tap chapter, then tap verse. The instructions to e-readers say this can be done, but it wasn't so. I surmise to open those 'locks' one must pay quite a bit more for this e-bible. The scriptures are there and some of the articles, but the application notes and various profiles and charts are coded in...more
Erik
Feb 17, 2012 Erik is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I have used this Bible for daily reading and personal study for about 10 years. I find so often the meaning of the text is enhanced and when I don't agree with comments made, it challenges my own pre- conceived ideas on many Bible narratives, Biblical theology, Ecclesiology and Eschatology. I would certainly recommend this Bible for personal use and study, although it may not always be appropriate for preparing Sermons, homilies or exegesis.
Heather
There are bibles out there that I grew up with for most of my life, that are hard to understand. So you end up thinking the bible is unreadable. This bible has changed my life. Its easy to read, and if you don't understand a section you can read the footnotes at the bottom of each page for clarity. Please if you need a bible, look no further than this bible and get one today, this is an easy way to learn God's word.
Balletprincess
Really great bible, it was the first bible I got and I love it

I love that it has extra things in it the font is the perfect size, not too big and not too small, easy to undersand

The hardcover edition is nice a bit heavy to take with you but it will last, but not too heavy to pick up and read

recomend for girls ages 8 - 16 :D

Carol
I was raised in a Baptist household but attented Catholic school so I've read the Bible cover to cover many times in a few different translations. I appreciate this translation more than any other and the fact that it's a Study Bible only makes it better. The Message Bible reads like a wonderful book but it's not a Study Bible.
Drew
This is the first Bible I read all the way through, and I even read all of the study notes. It's a great Bible for everyday reading. The notes focus on practical life lessons that can be learned from the passages, not on technical issues that many people might not be interested in.
Angie
It's laid out well and allows you to better understand the different stories, and the main characteristics of key people. I really like the footnotes that you read to gain a more in-depth understanding and how the messsages apply today.
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.
More about Anonymous...
Holy Bible: King James Version The Arabian Nights: Tales from a Thousand and One Nights The Epic of Gilgamesh Holy Bible: New International Version The Bhagavad Gita

“24Now all glory to God, who is able to keep you from falling away and will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault. + 25All glory to him who alone is God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are his before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time! Amen. +” 1 likes