Start by marking “Wicked to Love (Wicked Lovers, #5.5)” as Want to Read:
Wicked to Love (Wicked Lovers, #5.5)

Wicked to Love (Wicked Lovers #5.5)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  3,124 ratings  ·  124 reviews
Just when Brandon Ross gave up on the woman he'd always wanted, he found the one he needed—right under his nose

A politician's son, Brandon reined in his desire to serve his community for years after a former friend blackmailed him for desiring the man’s wife. Years later, he's still haunted by Kayla, holding every woman to her standard. And Brandon's secretary, Amberlin E
Published November 1st 2011 (first published October 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Wicked to Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked to Love

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick

Wicked to Love is book 5.5 in the Wicked Lovers series, and while I was glad to get Brandon Ross’s story, I sure wish it had been longer. To be honest, as I was beginning Wicked to Love I couldn’t quite remember who Brandon was, so in case you’re scratching your head and wondering the same, I’ll fill you in.

We first met Brandon in Wicked Ties. He’s Morgan’s stepbrother and the bastard guy who had slept with Jack Cole’s wife. Well, Jack wanted revenge so he planned to seduce Morgan, who he thou
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under The Covers

Shayla is at it again! As part of the Wicked Reads series, which features the Wicked Writers in all sorts of short novellas, Ms. Black is treating us with a novella from her Wicked Lovers series.

Remember Brandon from book 1? He is Morgan's brother. Also, better known as Jack Cole's good friend who basically thought he was in love with Jack's wife until, after betraying his best friend for a woman, she left him too. He's been heartbroken for years, think
Kazza
4 Stars. It wasn't very long, I knew that going in, but what there was was intense. The pervert in me just loves the way Shayla Black writes sex scenes in her books/stories. They stories aren't just written around the next sex scene, there is always substance, However, I love me a good bit of lovin', and while there may be some that are as good in delivering both there are none better.

Brandon was never going to get his own full on book, he's vanilla, knew this from Wicked Ties. I enjoyed this sh
Cyn Mistress Kitty
What a disappointment. I was really looking forward to Brandon's story and this fell flat. The story was way too short and I really didn't get any relationship between Em and Brandon other than he didn't want to lose her as a secretary and he liked the sex. The story was basically just about their sex but nothing else. The teaser about Kayla was just a big zero.
This was really a nothing story and could have been so much more. : ((
Nice office sex between secretary and boss with Emberlin and Brandon. Brandon who is Morgan's half brother and the one who had the affair with Jack's wife Kayla. A little different since there is no BDSM or menage in this one. Just two people getting together and finding love that was right under their noses all along.
♕Michelle♕
Wicked to Love
Brandon Ross and Emberlin Emmy Evans
3.5/5 Stars

Wicked to Love is the first novella of Wicked Lovers series by Shayla Black. It was also part of the anthology, Wicked Reads. We've met Brandon, way back on the first book Wicked Ties, as Morgan's half-brother/mistaken fiancee, he is also the reason why Jack seduced Morgan. Brandon used to have a secret relationship to his best friend's wife, when that woman came in to see him, he rushed out with her, little did he know that Emmy his
Darcy
For some reason I don't remember who Brandon is or his connection to Jack, even after it was mentioned a couple of times. I think that might be part of why I didn't care for this one all that much. I also had a hard time buying into the couple. I find it odd that it took one woman to push Emmy over the edge to do something about Brandon. Found it even odder that she thought he was with this other woman, yet when sex popped up she was going to take what she could get. Then when interrupted and gi ...more
Michelle
SPOILER ALERT!

This is definitely the weakest link in the Wicked Lovers series. There was not real plot. Not much tension.
Brandon was attracted to Amberlin upon their first meeting but decided to only think of her in professional terms. She also felt an attraction. Three years later she realized that there wasn't ever going to be a romance between them so she quit her job without giving Brandon an explanation. He went after her to find out why she quit, he manhandled and bullied her in her apart
D.G.
This didn't have any development. She quits and all of sudden, he realizes he can't lose her, they have sex, the end. I think the woman barely said two words.
Oleta Blaylock
This is going to be a short and sweet review since the book is only 35 pages in length. This is Brandon Ross’s story. We first met Brandon in WICKED TIES. He is Morgan O’Malley's half bother and former friend of Jack Cole. He is a former friend because he slept with Jack’s wife. The relationship didn't come to anything because Kayla, the wife, had more problems and drama than good sense. Kayla and Brandon have finally come to a parting of the ways and Brandon is ready to get on with his life. Th ...more
Tiffany Shaw
I can honestly say It took me a while to read the novellas and I regret that sooooooo much. Closing the gaps in the wicked series is so much fun. Reading about Brandon and Emberlin was so much fun. I loved the almost instant recognition that he was missing something significant with her. Their passion burned bright and fast. And
I loved every second of it. I adore this series. I hope it continues forever.
Bdbaficionada
Good to see Brandon back from book one. Good story but to short I would have loved to see more of them building their relationship. Maybe we can see more of them in Tyler's upcoming book. I love how this author always ties in previous characters and finds great ways to introduce new ones to build the series further. She is one of my favorite authors for the hot and sexy genre.
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)
3.5 Stars
My first Black and enjoyed it very much!
This book is sizziling but the story was too short for me. I would like to have heard more about the characters.
I will definitely venture to Ms. Black's other books as they say...once you go Black...no that was bad..

Wickedd Ties here I come.
Brielle
Jun 02, 2014 Brielle rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Adult Readers, Hopeless Romantics
Recommended to Brielle by: Sashana
Jamie Campbell
This was not one of Shayla Black's best books, it could have been a whole lot better, I wish it was longer and had more to the story.
Rustye
Hot, steamy short story about Branden and Emberlin. Brandon is the brother in law of Jack Cole from the first Wicked book, Wicked Ties.
Denise
I liked that this novella was short and sweet! A quick read without a lot of danger and plot twists.
Spoiler Whore says calm your tits people, it's just a book
I wanted Brandons story for awhile now. It was alright, just wished it could have been a full book.
Wendy-VWFOhMy!
Too short, even a few more chapter would've been nice
Denyse R
Next what I expected

The sex was hot. but that's all there was..no plot or anything. I first read about Brandon in Wicked Ties. he's the one who slept with Jack Cole's wife, blah blah blah.

But I want ed more from Ms Black where Brandon"s character is involved. A full novel would have been nice,interaction with Kayla would also be great. But just throwing his relationship and sudden realization that he's in love with Em was unrealistic..granted this is fiction, but still.
I couldn't see myself givi
Kelly % Books-n-Kisses
Loved this story...
Lilly Vizcaino
wish it was longer :-(
Rachel
In my prior books reviews of erotic novels, I have a real issue with the heroine's normally, which of course leads to the balance the author sets, of course every person has a vision of the characters on the pages we read, and I tend to enjoy heroines that are a little softer, have humor, a kind heart, and while aren't total doormats, are unsure of how to get or grasp the man of their dreams, and making it a reality.

So that leads into the review of this book which I found hot from the very start
Joyfully Reviewed
Brandon Ross desired his best friend’s wife Kayla for years. The only thing he desired more was serving his community. Once his feelings for Kayla were exposed and his friendship ruined he still couldn’t get Kayla out of his mind. He’s dated but no woman could measure up to the image he held in his mind of the woman he could never have.

Emberlin Evans is in love with her boss, Brandon Ross. She has tried sexy clothes to attract him but he doesn’t even know she is alive. He only has eyes for the w
Kym
Jun 15, 2014 Kym rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: bdsm
So this only took me a little while to read. From the description i expected way more. Everything seemed a little unbelievable. Nobody loves someone that ling and then jumps into a relationship when the finally realize that they are about to lose you! I couldnt relate on that because i would have definitely handled that differently!

OAN: The sex was hot!!! I could feel the passion and heat between them that was amazing.
Nícky
Demasiado corta la historia de Brandon y Em como para que pudiera sentir algo por ellos. Me alegro que Brandon por fin haya rehecho su vida, pero la historia me ha dejado completamente a medias...
Kimberly

Emberlin Evans has wanted to get her bosses attention for a while now. But he can’t seem to let go of what he had with a woman from his past. So she has decided to give up on him and move on. Wow…that got his attention.

Brandon Ross had never really given up on the woman from his past. Until he starts noticing his secretary and the way she always says please and sir. Now with thoughts of Emberlin constantly on his mind what is he going to do to keep her from giving up on them?

Brandon's story was
Rene
While quick to the point and short, it was believable because they had worked together for so long. Glad Brandon got a story. Go Em & Brandon. :)
Michelle
Great!

I was going to say that the story was a good time. Thank you for your books and I will be eagerly awaiting the next book.
New title? 2 7 Jan 30, 2014 07:33AM
  • A Little Harmless Pleasure (Harmless, #2)
  • Sanctum (Masters and Mercenaries, #4.5)
  • Kinky Neighbors (An Erotic Romance for Four)
  • Four Play
  • Bound To You (One Night of Passion #1.5)
  • Master of the Abyss (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #2)
  • Cowboy Casanova (Rough Riders, #12)
  • Sacrifice (Bound Hearts, #5)
  • Strictly Seduction (Strictly, #1)
20983
Shayla Black (aka Shelley Bradley) is the national bestselling author of 40+ sizzling contemporary, erotic, paranormal, and historical romances for multiple print and electronic publishers. She lives in Texas with her husband, munchkin, and one very spoiled cat. In her “free” time, she enjoys reality TV, reading and listening to an eclectic blend of music.

Shayla has won or placed in over a dozen w
More about Shayla Black...

Wicked Lovers (10 books)
  • Wicked Ties (Wicked Lovers, #1)
  • Decadent (Wicked Lovers, #2)
  • Delicious (Wicked Lovers, #3)
  • Surrender to Me (Wicked Lovers, #4)
  • Belong to Me (Wicked Lovers, #5)
  • Mine to Hold (Wicked Lovers, #6)
  • Ours to Love (Wicked Lovers, #7)
  • Theirs to Cherish (Wicked Lovers, #8)
  • His to Take (Wicked Lovers, #9)
  • Pure Wicked (Wicked Lovers, #9.5)
Wicked Ties (Wicked Lovers, #1) Decadent (Wicked Lovers, #2) Belong to Me (Wicked Lovers, #5) Delicious (Wicked Lovers, #3) Surrender to Me (Wicked Lovers, #4)