Start by marking “All Revved Up (Dangerous, #1)” as Want to Read:
All Revved Up (Dangerous, #1)

All Revved Up (Dangerous #1)

3.55  ·  Rating Details ·  4,668 Ratings  ·  234 Reviews
On the eve of his thirtieth birthday, Miguel Santos leaves his high-powered life behind for a visit to the small town he grew up in… and the high school sweetheart whose wild passion he's never stopped craving.

Faith Bennett loved Miguel the moment she saw him. But she always knew his future was in New York, while hers was tied to the auto shop that was her close-knit famil
Published February 22nd 2011

Rain ~miss kinky knickers~
WT...?

Okay, first of all I'm sorry I can't give a higher rating, but...
Can you imagine a reunion, hot sex, drama, more hot sex, secret child, hot sex, unresolved family issues, happy ending - and all that in forty pages?
In other words, this story has all the right elements, super hot hero material, pretty nice idea, great potential... and it's so short, I kind of started reading it, blinked, and it was over.

So, here I am, yet again, stuck with my "not enough room for development" speech. Serious
Splage
Short, sexy, great sex scenes, good story but, would have been better if it was longer. Faith and Miguel fell in love in high school. She was from a loving blue collar family, he was rich, a football star, and heading to Princeton with a bright future in his family's business. She didn't want to hold him back so she unselfishly made a clean break which devastated both of them. He comes back for the first time 11 years later to get her out of his system so he can move on. They have a passionate r ...more
Anesha †Curious & Obsessive Bookworm†
So this was a short story, quick read and all...and as such, I felt it was kind of rushed. I liked the whole idea, would have loved for more depth though...but alas it was a short story.

I think if I've never read Anne Calhoun's short story in which she made me feel like I've indulged in a full blown book, then I'd have more appreciation for this piece. But the mind knows what the mind knows I suppose.

Miguel is rich and spanish? (How fucking sexy is that.) And Faith isn't. When they were teenage
A. Cook
Apr 10, 2015 A. Cook rated it liked it
Shelves: sylvia-day
All Revved Up Okay, I liked the story. First thing I've read by Ms. Day and it wasn't bad. It was just too much going on for such a short installment. I would be interested to see how the series moves forward.
Evelyn Swift (Featherbrained Books)
I don't mind novellas when they are part of a series but this seems to be a standalone 40 page "book" with a promised continuation since 2012. It is 2017 now so I doubt Sylvia Day will be continuing the story of Miguel Santos and Faith Bennett.

With that in mind, this is just way too short to give above 2 stars. Although the story itself was intriguing it really needs to be made into a full-length novel, which I believe could have been possible since there is a lot of drama packed into the short
Delaney Diamond
Sep 13, 2011 Delaney Diamond rated it it was amazing
I decided to get this book for 4 reasons: 1) great price 2) Latin hero 3) the cover 4) the first chapter excerpt. It didn't disappoint. Even though Miguel and Faith hadn't seen each other since they were teens, the chemistry between them is combustible. The passion and intensity of their feelings leaps off the page.

The opening sentences are amazing and hooked me right away: "The smell of motor oil, degreaser, and coolant were among the very few scents in the world that made Miguel Santos’s d*ck
Lynsey
Sep 14, 2011 Lynsey rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-contemp
Wow - this is pretty intense for such a tiny story!

As always with very short stories, I don't think you can judge them too harshly on being abrupt. I wouldn't expect great swathes of characterisation and a tidy little epilogue.

In this case my rating has to be based on the incredible things the writer has done in so few words. Yes, I could have done with more in some areas, but I have to say that the depth of character and emotion (not to mention scorching love scenes!) that was achieved here ha
Chanpreet
Dec 12, 2016 Chanpreet rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars! I'm a total sucker for second chance romances and especially those that feature people from differing socio-economic environments just because the problems they face are different and it's interesting to see how a couple handles them. I must say this story was extra hot and I loved it!
KatLynne
Mar 22, 2011 KatLynne rated it really liked it
Recommended to KatLynne by: Splage's review
Short, smokin hot, sexy, reunited lovers. Liked this one and would have loved it if had been longer.
Megan
Dec 31, 2013 Megan rated it really liked it
Shelves: libby-borrow
I really enjoyed this one. I am a fan of Sylvia Day I think it can be safe to say. I've read 4 short reads by her and the first 3 books in the Crossfire series. I enjoyed each full length and two of her shorter reads including this one. I felt very connected to the characters even though I only spent 43 pages with them!

Faith and Miguel were high school sweethearts. Madly in love they spent time in their own little world for years. Until close to graduation Faith left Miguel without any warning o
Angel
This book was so good up until the last chapter which ruined the whole book for me!!!

Because it was way too rushed .. not enough explained ... and it was so fucking unreal ..

I mean come on!!

(view spoiler)

I'm pi
Petra (Safari Poet)
I really enjoyed this book, but it was too short and felt like the story ended as soon as it began. I really wish is was longer. Faith and Miguel are great characters that I was rooting for from the beginning.

A very quick and steamy read.
Heather
Short, but sexy and fun read.
Victoria
Dec 24, 2012 Victoria rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2012
Well, that was smutty. And apparently just a novella. And it all worked out in the end because the sex was just that good, I guess.
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
It was a quick read but a good story.
Carole Woods
Oct 02, 2012 Carole Woods rated it liked it
It was only 43 pages so more of a short story than a book. I liked it, but it was too short and not worth the small price I paid to download it.
Elaine
Aug 19, 2015 Elaine rated it liked it
Hate that just as it gets interesting it's finished and the follow on book does not seem to be out yet. Why does this author always do this???
Misa
Nov 13, 2012 Misa rated it it was ok
Achei a linguagem muito dirty. Espero que os restantes não sejam assim.
Tonya
Oct 02, 2012 Tonya rated it it was ok
Shelves: 100-in-2012
Too short.
Michelle
I enjoyed this little short, it's a shame it wasn't longer :)
Dana
Jan 15, 2013 Dana is currently reading it
Waiting for follow up book to this Stripped Down. Can't find it. Left in suspense...
Tatix Salic
Feb 27, 2017 Tatix Salic rated it it was amazing
Recommended
Under the Covers Book Blog

I just love these Wicked Reads. They are short, with a good story and lots of steam. Just what I need to read sometimes! And if this is what you're looking for then let me tell you about All Revved Up. It must be my fascination with Mercy Thompson, but I like the storyline of the heroine being a car mechanic, it's sexy! So Faith was the girl from the wrong side of the tracks, dating Miguel, the rich kid who had a bright future ahead back in high school.

They had amazing chemistry, but somehow sh

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
3.5 Stars

This review was posted at Under The Covers

I just loved these Wicked Reads. They are short, with a good story and lots of steam. Just what I need to read sometimes! And if this is what you're looking for then let me tell about All Revved Up.

Georgina Parkin
Oct 13, 2014 Georgina Parkin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Rush
The story had a premise that's often used but I can overlook that. What I can't overlook is story length and character development. I would have enjoyed it a lot more if it would have contained the aforementioned. Okay, here it is to sum it up:

(view spoiler)
Michelle Kelly
More of a 3.5 stars. I liked it!

Miguel Santos and Faith Bennett's book.

I wanted a quick read before I dove into my next book because my next book is going to be a long one. (which I prefer actually)

Great cover, and great little story. I really like stories where the couples history starts out years earlier when they were in grade school or high school. So for that reason, I picked All Revved Up. That attracted me.

I could feel the passion between Miguel and Faith and I could also feel their des
Lisa
Jul 14, 2013 Lisa rated it liked it
While waiting for Crossfire 4 and 5 I needed to continue the Sylvia Day experience. After reading a number of reviews on All Revved Up (short story but sucks you in). I felt it was a good one to start.... I was right. Enjoyed meeting Faith and Miguel and are looking forward to learning more about their past, present, and future together. I have a feeling Miguel's mother has a ton of secrets that we will find out about in Stripped Down.

When reading this book almost the same level of lust and con
Jul 31, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
sweet book about a man with the bright future and the woman from the wrong side of the tracks who loved each other in High School, but she broke it off because she didn't want to hold him back. She believed they wouldn't be able to compromise and would eventually come to hate each other if they stayed together. He returns 11 years later to prove to himself that he is over her, but the sparks fly instantly when they see each other again. After a hot night together, he is determined they will marr ...more
Deb
Jan 30, 2013 Deb rated it liked it

Usually, stories/books where couples reunite after years apart are not my cup of tea. They make me sad. : ) But I love Sylvia Day's writing, so I wanted to,read this story.

This story made me a little sad as well, because for such a short story, Day really made you feel the characters emotions and how much they missed each other during their years apart. The story was well written. The surprise Faith had for Miguel was well-explained. I'm looking forward to the sequel to see how faith and Miguel
  • Eve of Warfare (Marked, #3.25)
  • Magic and Mayhem
  • Wicked Reads
  • Alluring Tales: Awaken the Fantasy
  • The Promise of Love (Includes: Fast Track, #4.5; Shadow Stalkers, #1)
  • Bound To You (One Night of Passion #1.5)
  • Best Erotic Romance
  • White Hot Holidays Volume 2
  • Captured by You (One Night of Passion #1.6)
  • Chance of a Lifetime
  •  The Tantric Principle
  • Beg Me
  • For His Forever (For His Pleasure, #6)
  • The Theory of Attraction (Science of Temptation, #1)
  • Guns and Roses (Includes: PI Julie Collins; Bobbie Faye, #3.5; Rough Riders; Bullet Catcher; Shadow Stalkers, #3; Housewife Assassin)
  • Reilly's Wildcard (Blackwater, #4)
  • For Her Pleasure
  • True Heart
19823
Sylvia Day (aka S. J. Day and Livia Dare) is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today, and #1 international bestselling author of over 20 award-winning novels sold in more than 40 countries. She is a #1 bestselling author in 28 countries, with tens of millions of copies of her books in print. Visit her at www.sylviaday.com, Facebook.com/AuthorSylviaDay and on Twitter @SylDay.
More about Sylvia Day...

Dangerous (2 books)
  • Stripped Down (Dangerous, #2)

“he knew damn well that no one could possibly love her as completely as he once had. Even the man he was today was incapable of that depth of emotion and connection. She’d killed the innocence in him that had made it possible to love a woman without any thought of self-preservation. He’d been wide open when she cut his heart out and scars had formed, creating a thick shield that he couldn’t get past and no woman could get through.” 1 likes
“The words she wanted to say burned her throat and tongue, explanations and declarations that would only cause more pain because the end would only be the same.” 1 likes