Start by marking “All Revved Up (Dangerous, #1)” as Want to Read:
All Revved Up (Dangerous, #1)

All Revved Up (Dangerous #1)

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  3,824 ratings  ·  201 reviews
On the eve of his thirtieth birthday, Miguel Santos leaves his high-powered life behind for a visit to the small town he grew up in… and the high school sweetheart whose wild passion he's never stopped craving.

Faith Bennett loved Miguel the moment she saw him. But she always knew his future was in New York, while hers was tied to the auto shop that was her close-knit famil
Published February 22nd 2011

Rain ~miss kinky knickers~
WT...?

Okay, first of all I'm sorry I can't give a higher rating, but...
Can you imagine a reunion, hot sex, drama, more hot sex, secret child, hot sex, unresolved family issues, happy ending - and all that in forty pages?
In other words, this story has all the right elements, super hot hero material, pretty nice idea, great potential... and it's so short, I kind of started reading it, blinked, and it was over.

So, here I am, yet again, stuck with my "not enough room for development" speech. Serious
Marie
WOW what a HOT & FAST read!!! I'm still a little breathless
Splage
Short, sexy, great sex scenes, good story but, would have been better if it was longer. Faith and Miguel fell in love in high school. She was from a loving blue collar family, he was rich, a football star, and heading to Princeton with a bright future in his family's business. She didn't want to hold him back so she unselfishly made a clean break which devastated both of them. He comes back for the first time 11 years later to get her out of his system so he can move on. They have a passionate r ...more
Anesha †Curious & Obsessive Bookworm†
So this was a short story, quick read and all...and as such, I felt it was kind of rushed. I liked the whole idea, would have loved for more depth though...but alas it was a short story.

I think if I've never read Anne Calhoun's short story in which she made me feel like I've indulged in a full blown book, then I'd have more appreciation for this piece. But the mind knows what the mind knows I suppose.

Miguel is rich and spanish? (How fucking sexy is that.) And Faith isn't. When they were teenage
Lynsey
Wow - this is pretty intense for such a tiny story!

As always with very short stories, I don't think you can judge them too harshly on being abrupt. I wouldn't expect great swathes of characterisation and a tidy little epilogue.

In this case my rating has to be based on the incredible things the writer has done in so few words. Yes, I could have done with more in some areas, but I have to say that the depth of character and emotion (not to mention scorching love scenes!) that was achieved here ha
Delaney Diamond
I decided to get this book for 4 reasons: 1) great price 2) Latin hero 3) the cover 4) the first chapter excerpt. It didn't disappoint. Even though Miguel and Faith hadn't seen each other since they were teens, the chemistry between them is combustible. The passion and intensity of their feelings leaps off the page.

The opening sentences are amazing and hooked me right away: "The smell of motor oil, degreaser, and coolant were among the very few scents in the world that made Miguel Santos’s d*ck
KatLynne
Mar 24, 2011 KatLynne rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to KatLynne by: Splage's review
Short, smokin hot, sexy, reunited lovers. Liked this one and would have loved it if had been longer.
Megan
I really enjoyed this one. I am a fan of Sylvia Day I think it can be safe to say. I've read 4 short reads by her and the first 3 books in the Crossfire series. I enjoyed each full length and two of her shorter reads including this one. I felt very connected to the characters even though I only spent 43 pages with them!

Faith and Miguel were high school sweethearts. Madly in love they spent time in their own little world for years. Until close to graduation Faith left Miguel without any warning o
Petra
I really enjoyed this book, but it was too short and felt like the story ended as soon as it began. I really wish is was longer. Faith and Miguel are great characters that I was rooting for from the beginning.

A very quick and steamy read.
Carole Woods
It was only 43 pages so more of a short story than a book. I liked it, but it was too short and not worth the small price I paid to download it.
Victoria
Well, that was smutty. And apparently just a novella. And it all worked out in the end because the sex was just that good, I guess.
Dana
Aug 23, 2013 Dana is currently reading it
Waiting for follow up book to this Stripped Down. Can't find it. Left in suspense...
Marisa
Achei a linguagem muito dirty. Espero que os restantes não sejam assim.
Michelle
I enjoyed this little short, it's a shame it wasn't longer :)
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
It was a quick read but a good story.
Tonya
Too short.
Rush
The story had a premise that's often used but I can overlook that. What I can't overlook is story length and character development. I would have enjoyed it a lot more if it would have contained the aforementioned. Okay, here it is to sum it up:

(view spoiler)
Michelle Kelly
More of a 3.5 stars. I liked it!

Miguel Santos and Faith Bennett's book.

I wanted a quick read before I dove into my next book because my next book is going to be a long one. (which I prefer actually)

Great cover, and great little story. I really like stories where the couples history starts out years earlier when they were in grade school or high school. So for that reason, I picked All Revved Up. That attracted me.

I could feel the passion between Miguel and Faith and I could also feel their des
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
3.5 Stars

This review was posted at Under The Covers

I just loved these Wicked Reads. They are short, with a good story and lots of steam. Just what I need to read sometimes! And if this is what you're looking for then let me tell about All Revved Up.

It must be my fascination with Mercy Thompson, but I like the storyline of the heroine being a car mechanic, it's sexy! So Faith was the girl from the wrong side of the tracks, dating Miguel, the rich kid who had a bright future ahead back in high sc
Denise Palma
Loved this novella however I am a little upset that this novella came out in 2011 and the 2nd book is still pending release!! I guess I should start checking to see if the series is complete before I start one of Sylvia Day series it takes too long for the next books to come out I mean it has been 3 years!! Don't get me wrong I love her as an author but I don't like that us fans have to wait forever for a book in a series.
Lisa
While waiting for Crossfire 4 and 5 I needed to continue the Sylvia Day experience. After reading a number of reviews on All Revved Up (short story but sucks you in). I felt it was a good one to start.... I was right. Enjoyed meeting Faith and Miguel and are looking forward to learning more about their past, present, and future together. I have a feeling Miguel's mother has a ton of secrets that we will find out about in Stripped Down.

When reading this book almost the same level of lust and con
Sari
Kisah cinta pendek yang manis. Namun karena saking pendeknya jadi cuma bisa kasih rating #3. Abis kesannya gampang banget Miguel maafin kebohongan Faith, mana menyangkut soal anak lagi. Agak egois aja, mentang2 dia ga mau dibawa ke New York, bukan berarti dia punya hak utk ngumpetin fakta dia hamil anak Miguel doung. Toh Miguel bukan cowo brengsek kya kasus penyanyi dangdut kita yg lagi marak itu. Wakakak....salah fokus nih gw XD
Kariza
A good read while waiting for your turn at the doctor's office ;)

I have a bit of issue but since it's really just a short story there's nothing I can do about it. If you like reading Mills and Boon or Harlquin books, this might be good for you. shorter version of those books =D
Julie Ceraos
How can you forgive someone who broke up with you without any valid reason then you found that you've had a child that was kept from you. another is you wont just have one night stand and forget everything. maybe it's what you called freaking love. Major CLIFFHANGER!
Eva
I was so into the story; young love lost, amgry make up sex, having a love child, family issues, insecure but tough heroine.. then.. BAM!! end of story.

What the..?!?!? It could have gotten better is the author made it longer, character development included.
Roseena Peralta
Applause to this short story. It created every emotion that you can think of . Wonderful job of keeping the story in tact and interesting. It was a suspenseful read. Can not wait to continue the lovers story.
Kristin
I liked this short story but felt it was rushed. I definitely think that Day should have expanded it more. It did have a very nice plot and everything flowed well, just wayyyy too shirt!
Rena Schwartz
quick read

Short book but still a good read. I like most of her books though. Strong male and female characters in this which makes the scenes sultry.
Christine
I loved this!

The chemistry made this story oh so hot. From the first moment they re-meet had my mouth continuously forming a grin. Loved this smexy read :)
  • The Promise of Love (Includes: Fast Track, #4.5; Shadow Stalkers, #1)
  • Magic and Mayhem
  • Wicked Reads
  • Alluring Tales: Hot Holiday Nights
  • Bound To You (One Night of Passion #1.5)
  • Captured by You (One Night of Passion #1.6)
  • White Hot Holidays Volume 2
  • Beg Me
  • West Wind
  • Do Over
  • Jake (California Dreamy, #1)
  •  The Tantric Principle
  • Immersed in Pleasure
  • The Mile High Club (Biker Billionaire, #2)
  • Got a Minute?: Sixty Second Erotica
  • Best Erotic Romance
  • For Her Pleasure
  • Intermission (The Bridge, #2)
19823
Sylvia Day (aka S. J. Day and Livia Dare) is the #1 New York Times and #1 international bestselling author of over 20 award-winning novels sold in more than 40 countries. She is a #1 bestselling author in 28 countries, with tens of millions of copies of her books in print. Her Crossfire series has been optioned for television by Lionsgate. Visit her at www.sylviaday.com, Facebook.com/AuthorSylviaD ...more
More about Sylvia Day...

Dangerous (2 books)
  • Stripped Down (Dangerous, #2)
Bared to You Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2) Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3) Captivated by You (Crossfire, #4) Afterburn (After, #1)