The Shifter and the Dreamer (Secrets, #1)

The Shifter and the Dreamer (Secrets #1)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Book one in the Secrets Series

Sheriff Katy Rose has been running from her unique gift for most of her life- but one man won’t let her run from him.

When Katy left the F.B.I. and returned to her small hometown as Sheriff she thought she left her work partner/ lover and his questions behind. But a serial killer has made a stop in her little town and the lead detective in the...more
Published March 14th 2011 by Total-E-Bound Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Shifter and the Dreamer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Shifter and the Dreamer

Tam
If you were to ask me whether I enjoyed this book, I would answer with a noncommittal sound. But since you didn't ask and I can't make noises over the internet, I will have to use my words.

I would say that the plot was too advantageous for the page count.

I think it all comes down to too many loose ends. The story is a bit slow moving at first and then towards the end it just sort of powers through. I just don't feel like the book is complete.

There are a lot of questions that we never get answer...more
Judith
I'm not sure this is Ms Smith's strongest tale, but as in all her novellas, the characters are certainly gutsy and stand on their own feet. A local sheriff finds that the victim of a recent killing in her small community is connected to a string of serial killer murders in some larger metropolitan areas, and she has to call in the Feds, one of whom is her former partner and lover. She is emotionally and physically "one the run" because she and her sister have "the gift"--one sees visions and the...more
Tia
It was good but felt incomplete. I know it is a series but there hasn't been a new novel until 2011. It is now 2013 and I'm wondering when, if it will ever happen.
SheLove2Read
thoroughly enjoyed!
Sweetpea41
Sweetpea41 marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Deja'luvzz You
Deja'luvzz You marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Nadine Stoelman
Nadine Stoelman marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Lee
Lee marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Tamsen
Tamsen marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Leeanne
Leeanne marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Madness
Madness marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Stacey Lee
Stacey Lee marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Sharon
Sharon added it
May 18, 2014
Terisa De Morgan
Terisa De Morgan marked it as to-read
Marisa
Marisa marked it as to-read
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Anya
Anya marked it as to-read
Chris
Chris added it
Toni
Toni marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
I live in Texas with my husband, daughter, and three Labrador retrievers. By day you can find me at my 'day job' buried under a pile of paperwork but at night I am at my computer creating new worlds!

I have always loved the paranormal. Shape-shifters, witches, and vampires have been my number one choice of reading material so when I strated to write it was the genre I chose.

I currently have severa...more
More about Crissy Smith...
Pack Alpha (Were Chronicles, #1) Pack Enforcer (Were Chronicles, #2) Pack Territory (Were Chronicles, #3) Pack Rogue (Were Chronicles, #4) The Favour (Corporate Wolves, #1)