Start by marking “Half Moon” as Want to Read:
Half Moon

Half Moon (The Crescent #2)

I'd been a fool for coming here with them, and now... no one would come to save me. The world that hid in the shadows of humanity was full of enemies. Faced with death, Lacey Quinn ran away from the only family she'd ever known. That... was just the beginning. As the decision she's made sinks in, Lacey struggles to fit in with the pack and find the key to bonding with her ...more
Published January 13th 2011

Julie
Nov 30, 2010 Julie rated it really liked it
I will admit when I finished reading ‘The Crescent’, I was torn. The black and white, things of nature or “meant to be’s”, are what I’m about. So, knowing that Lacey and Brandon were meant to be together, chosen by nature or the laws of whatever to lead their pack, the Amana, I was annoyed that Lacey still felt anything for Alex in ‘Half Moon’. Call me unromantic, but hey, it’s not like Brandon is chopped liver. He’s hot too! And crazy about Lacey. Not to mention, she’d be crazy about him too if ...more
Kiki
Dec 30, 2010 Kiki rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Ooohheeemmmgeeeh! I cannot believe how awestruck I am by Jordan Deen’s amazing, poetic and hauntingly beautiful lyrical prose! I am still sitting here, gushing over every word of Brandon’s professed love for Lacey. I knew that I would be going on one hell of a ride, considering how struck I was with The Crescent, but this is one of those rare jewels where the series just gets better and better. It seems challenging these days to find sagas or trilogies wherein the author can outshine the first n ...more
Alex Bennett
May 09, 2010 Alex Bennett rated it really liked it
I’ll be honest, I didn’t enjoy The Crescent as much as I was hoping to. Thankfully, however, Jordan Deen really stepped it up in the sequel, her sophomore novel, Half Moon. Sure, there are still some quirks and things I still don’t love, but the enjoyability factor was much more prominent in this book.

I’m still having a tough time relating to Lacey, and the rest of the characters but I feel like their personalities have definitely progressed and grown since the first book, and I am enjoying read
Jamie
OMG...I have been waiting forever for this one to come out. The first one The Crescent was amazing. This one blew the first one away in my opinion. I loved how Lacey and Brandon took more control over their relationship and didn't listen to what everyone was telling them to do and try. When I first started reading it I thought I was going to miss Alex not being in it much cause I really liked him in the first one and thought he was the best choice for Lacey. I was so wrong, Brandon is definitely ...more
Kathryn
Nov 27, 2010 Kathryn rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, ya, pnr
Okay, I was really getting frustrated with this book and I was literally screaming at Lacey. She was becoming so irritating and I didn't know if I could continue reading about her. Then after 3/4 of the book, it opened up to the true reasons of everything and then it all fell in to place. I will say that I am happy with how things are going and I can't wait til the next installment to find out more.
Kevin Laslie
Jun 23, 2014 Kevin Laslie rated it it was amazing
Thankfully I read this book just a few days before the release of the conclusion to the trilogy. I can't wait to get my hands on it and see what twists are in store, but this book was awesome. Great job Jordan!
Jordan Deen
May 10, 2010 Jordan Deen rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I should get a new bookshelf and title it: "Currently Writing". :)
Monica
Aug 30, 2012 Monica rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for a honestly review from Jordan Deen. Thank you, Jordan! This book has been extraordinary, and I`m so happy that I had the beautiful occasion to read it!

"Half moon" was...wow. I don`t know what to say. At the begginig, I didn`t enjoyed Lacey. She was so petrifed, and unpowerfull and I just didn`t liked it. But, when she takes the problem in her hands...It`s a different story.

Lacey Quinn, the girl who abandoned her first 17-years-old live, for living with her
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Nov 18, 2010 Jessica (a GREAT read) rated it it was amazing
I was delighted to be able to receive an e-ARC of Half-Moon by Jordan Deen after reading The Crescent not that long ago and WOW! It totally lives up to The Crescent!

Some time has passed and Lacey is trying to adjust to her new life. Werewolf-ness and all. She's a werewolf, but hasn't transformed yet. She has a soulmate but can't truly connect with him, she's still sort of in love with Alex, the wolf who was forced to betray her and gain her trust, and she's not quite getting along with her new w
Murphy's Library
Jan 19, 2011 Murphy's Library rated it really liked it
(from Murphy's Library - http://www.murphyslibrary.com/)

I thought for sure I was going to make Maeva go crazy with how much this book affected me. The true thing about this story is that you fell torn. You feel sorry for Brandon, but, at the same time, in a level, you understand what Lacey is feeling.

We start this book reading about how much Lacey is struggling with her situation. She loves Alex, but, at the same time, she can't stop caring for Brandon. It was difficult to see it on the first pa
Athena Daugherty
Mar 20, 2014 Athena Daugherty rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!! Wow Jordan blew me away with fantastic sequel. It was a perfect continuation of The Crescent! It was well written and the story was more developed than the first.

Half Moon picks up where The Crescent left off. I loved Lacey in this one. We watch her grow and adjust to her new life. And even though she made me frustrated at times and made me want to jump in the story and scream at her, I understood her by the end of the story. Everything just started to make sense.

After reading The Cr
Katieb (MundieMoms)
Half Moon is a fantastic sequel to Jordan's debut release, The Crescent. The difference in the two stories wasn't just the writing, but I felt the story was more complete and I was able to get more out of it. I really enjoyed reading Half Moon, what I felt was missing in The Crescent, wasn't the case here.

I liked that the story picks up right where the first one ended. I liked seeing Lacey's character grow more and finding out the answers as to why she was still drawn to Alex, which at first was
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids

Jessica
Jul 17, 2010 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own, read-in-2010
Half Moon is the sequel to The Crescent and one that I highly enjoyed. In this book Lacey is now fully aware of the werewolves and is trying to adjust to her new life. She struggles with the isolation and secrets everyone continues to hide from her. Brandon is keeping secrets as well and it's something that brings a lot of old feelings back for Lacey.

I have to say that I don't think I have ever read a series where I have switched "Teams" as much before. I found myself hoping she would end up wi
M.T.
May 27, 2014 M.T. rated it it was amazing
Half Moon goes exactly where it should. In the second installment of The Crescent series we discover the history behind Lacey's wolfpack and the truth of who her real mate is. The story picks up six months after the battle at her house, where she was forced to say goodbye to the only parents she'd ever known and Alex. In an undisclosed location in the woods she realizes just how much she gave up to be with people she knows nothing about.

Jordan Deen does a wonderful job at creating a new world t
Leah
Aug 06, 2012 Leah rated it liked it
I read the first book to this series 'The Crescent' and had to wait for this book to be delivered. I did read the last chapter of the book just to remind myself what had happened.

This is one of my favourite books, it isnt enough to beat my love for THE DARK DIVINE series however it is close !!

The third book, 'Full Moon' doesnt come out until later this year so i am dissapointed that i cant get straight back into reading about Lacey and Brandons life together.

It is a short read, however once I f
Nekeisha Ryce
Dec 21, 2013 Nekeisha Ryce rated it really liked it
WELL IT'S ABOUT TIME.....LACEY FINALLY WOKE UP AND GOT A CLUE. THIS BOOK WAS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE FIRST ONE.I WAS PISSED WITH MICHEAL BUT CAME TO UNDERSTAND SOME THINGS. Y HEART BOKE FOR BRANDON A WHOLE LOT IN THIS BOOK AND I BECAME FURIOUS WITH LACEY. I FELL IN LOVE WITH CATCH AND BREA (AND THE SHOCKER AT THE END CONCERNING ALEX)THAT EXPLAIN ALOT. THE BOND BETWEEN BRANDON AND LACEY WAS AWESOME AND I BELIEVE IT WILL ONLY GET BETTER. SOMETHING CHANGE FOR ME CONCERNING ALEX IN THIS BOOK.... I S ...more
Jessica Mooney
Feb 06, 2012 Jessica Mooney rated it really liked it
Have at beginning I wanted strangle Lacey she needed wake up call,but no one did .. She still need wake up call with Alex still even know at end she bonds more with Brandon she still has that feeling I want punch her in faces still. And the way pack dealt with it by pushing them away not letting them near each-other lone I think made it worser .. And further more I'm glad still bit more Brandon & Lacey I wish wasn't mostly lot pain but she . Dumb about using and jewerly spell in iPod that I ...more
Jacqueline
Mar 14, 2014 Jacqueline rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lacey vs. Herself

Lacey vs. Herself

I think the second book is better then the first because you fall into laceys world and are enveloped within her own battle. As the book goes on you are torn between who you want to win and who you think will lose but I can tell you, you'll be in for a surprise.
Black Queen
Feb 15, 2012 Black Queen marked it as to-read
I've read the review and love it...at that moment I wanted to start reading this book! And then I heard about this giveaway and said to myself this the chance to win a copy...So I hurry up and enter this wonderful giveaway..:D I hope I win...One awesome book review.
Suzi
Nov 02, 2012 Suzi rated it really liked it
I love the combination of witch/werewolf, I enjoyed feeling the emotions that Lacey was going through...it helped to understand..
Jwolf
Jan 27, 2013 Jwolf rated it really liked it
Shelves: werewolf-books
great
Momo
Feb 26, 2011 Momo added it
AAAHHHH! I can't believe this incredible, beyond amazing novel! Review will surely be up soon on the blog! :) *SIGH*
Lburt
Feb 07, 2013 Lburt rated it it was amazing
Shelves: weres
wow wow. Even better than the first book. The story just sucked me in and kept me up till the early hours of the morning. So excited for the next installment.
Felicia
Mar 11, 2012 Felicia rated it really liked it
I won from good reads first reads. I bought the first one and read it too. I think this was very well written and I can't wait for the next book to come out.
Staci Suhy
Nov 30, 2013 Staci Suhy rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Was a good book. I couldn't put it down

** I received this book for free as part of a First-Reads promotion
Amy
May 14, 2010 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Paddy O'callaghan
Oct 28, 2012 Paddy O'callaghan rated it it was amazing

Pretty good damn tip-top in my opinion. In another review the reviewer says that Deen has "magic" "in her words". I'm very definitely inclined to agree.
Jacque
Apr 09, 2012 Jacque rated it it was amazing
Wondering what is happening next?
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
so much goodness packed into this book. now I am craving Full Moon. with out spoiling it...I am very happy with Lacey's choice
  • Circle of Lies (Red Ridge Pack,#2)
  • Angel Blackwood (FairyTales Don't Exist, #2)
  • Stay (The Empire Chronicles, #3)
  • Healed by Fire (Artemis Lupine, #3)
  • Black Moon (Silver Moon, #2)
  • Familiar
  • Nocturne (Claire de Lune, #2)
  • Blood Solstice (The Tale of Lunarmorte, #3)
  • Prey (The Wereling, #2)
  • A Werewolf's Tale (Forbidden Alliance, #1)
  • Accused (Ganzfield, #4)
  • Dusk Conspiracy (Werelove, #1)
  • The Wallflower's Revenge
  • Clarity (Cursed, #2)

I'm really outgoing and get teased (a lot) for my knack to make friends anywhere including, but not limited to: the bank, the store, the bathroom, the movies... you get the idea.

A few of my fave things are my son, my yorkie, cupcakes, wine, coffee and (of course) tattoo'd boys.

I'm available on Twitter, Facebook and of course, here on Good Reads.

Go Team #WolfPack!
More about Jordan Deen...

The Crescent (3 books)
  • The Crescent
  • Full Moon

“You make this sound like a chore for you, like a job. This...," he pressed his fingers to my heart, "it's about love for me--undying, unwavering, unrelenting love. A love that won't let me move on, it won't let me get over you. I don't want to focus on the sickness that could replace you in my heart. I don't want to think of what will happen if I stop fighting for you, for us. But, sometimes I feel like I'm alone in this fight.” 13 likes
“Why can't you understand that I love you so much, that not being able to touch you hurts? I can't stand the fact that I can't get into your thoughts. Haventon is gone to you, but it's also gone to me. I miss it so much. It feels like my heart's been ripped out from my chest.” 6 likes