Start by marking “Titan A.E.: Novelization” as Want to Read:
Titan A.E.: Novelization

Titan A.E.: Novelization

This novelization of the science fiction epic motion picture from 20th Century Fox Animation takes readers into the 29th century, after aliens have forced humans from Earth. Fifteen years after the invasion, Cale Tucker is humanity's last hope to find a new world. But first he must solve the mystery of a legendary spacecraft known as "Titan".
Published May 1st 2000 by Ace (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Titan A.E., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Titan A.E.

Scott Henricks
Apr 09, 2011 Scott Henricks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book, of course, because I worked on the movie!! I really enjoyed it because I had become so familiar with the story we were telling in the movie, and it made things even better being able to get more details. It has been quite some time since I read this book, so I might just have to pick this one up again, as well as the other two, and read them.

The cool thing was that I was able to learn more about the characters and how they got to the point I was introduced to them, while workin
Scot Eaton
It's good, but doesn't have the same charm as the movie. It's nice to read this after the movie to get extra scenes and some more insight into the characters' thoughts and motivations.

My one major complaint is that this book completely breaks continuity with Cale's Story and Akima's Story, the two prequel novels. There's one line where the author attempts to reconcile the plot, but it seems too little, and feels thrown-in at the last minute. There was obviously no communication between authors.

As much as I loved the movie, I found the book to be disappointing. Too much narrative bogged down the beginning and, despite that, there was a surprising lack of detail when it came to describing the characters and environment. If I hadn't seen the movie, I think I wouldn't have been struggling to envision what was happening at any given time.

What sets the book apart from the movie, however, was the added focus upon the Drej. Finally, I saw motivation and personality in what, in the movie, had
Tyler Dykema
My brother bought this for me while he was out at a thrift store because he knew the movie is one of my favorites. He didn't realize that this was just a novelization of the film and not a supplemental piece so that was disappointing, but I gave it a chance anyway. It was pretty much what you can expect from a novelization - it wasn't as good as the movie, felt like it was really quickly written (typos EVERYWHERE!), and was really amateurish. Sentences like "Cale fell over." and "The elevator cl ...more
Jun 16, 2015 Natalie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: folks who enjoyed the movie, children's sci-fi fans
For everyone who enjoyed the movie, Titan A.E. is a quick, fun read. It follows the movie closely and goes into deeper detail with the characters' thoughts as well as with the Drej, a matriarchal society the movie doesn't say all that much about. For those who haven't seen the movie, this novel can be read easily without having seen it.

The downsides of the book are similar to those of the movie: The quick pacing detracts from potential character development. Those who pick up on cliches and patt
Jun 09, 2014 Lorien rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I've never been able to buy into the idea that a ship could make an entire planet, I do enjoy this story. A fan of the movie, I really enjoyed reading the book. My favorite parts are definitely the drej queen. Learning about them and actually learning WHY they destroyed Earth was awesome. It's only a 4 star because of the whole idea of the ship making a whole planet is just too unbelievable for me to give it a 5, but other than that it's a solid book.
Apr 03, 2015 Brittany rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Probably the only good thing about this book is that it delves more into the Drej and how their culture works and that they're matriarchal (kind of like clown fish). It wasn't the most compelling storyline but there's not a lot to work with.

I honestly think that Perry looked at the film, saw the plot holes, pitched some ideas on how to fix them, and got shot down, so he just tried to explain them away and failed on that too. This one is just as poorly edited in the other books and comes off as a
Dec 29, 2014 Sean rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't care.
I don't even care.
Shut up.
Shut up everybody.
Yeah, I get it.
But no.
Screw that.
Titan A.E. was a brilliant movie.
And i don't even care about this book.
It could have been written in crayon on a banana;
I wouldn't care.
It's great.
It's super great.
Just shut up.
Mar 12, 2009 Josh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: titan
it started in 3013 with a boy who is only 6 years old. the boy was not awere of what was happening all around him. his dad was a really smart guy how had made a ship that might be able to save the earth form the evil traj.

one year ago the earth was desroded by the alien traj and cales father had leaft somewhere in outerspace. cale was working for a junk alien in space on a real big rock and the aliens treat the humans with no respect at all. then one day cale was going to lunch and a ship just
Jan 31, 2010 Rogue rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
The movie was WAY better! I would not recommend this to anyone (UNlike the movie). It appears to be written for 9 year olds(ish), but they use swear words. If they had taken the book seriously, and actually watched the movie so they knew what they were talking about, it might have been more than just 'meh.'
May 01, 2011 William rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this years after seeing the movie, and having forgotten most of the plot, there were plenty of surprising moments in store for me. The book was both exciting and interesting, but the ending was just wonderful: hopefully fate will show a similar kindness to me one day. :-)
Mar 23, 2012 Jason rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The movie..was better. Still this is a fast read and worth borrowing from the library or if you can get it for a buck...well only if you can get it for at most a buck is it worth buying. Get the movie.
Gives more insight into the characters than the movie alone provided. A good sci-fi read with definite appeal. I liked the alien race, who reminded me a lot of the Chigs in "Space: Above and Beyond."
Ervin Kosch
Sep 21, 2013 Ervin Kosch rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Remember how the movie seems to be lacking? That because there was a whole subplot that was never explored that the book has. Like Dune when you've read the book the movie make 100% more sense.
Feb 05, 2009 Megan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Much like the movie. An enjoyable piece of fiction lacking too much substance. A good book to sandwich in between two substantial reads when your mind needs a bit of a break
I really enjoyed this and was surprised that a novelisation was so good! I think I might have to dig up a copy of the film as I've never seen it.
RJ (ryan)
This book was wonderful. This is a great movie, and this book took that and novelized it into a fun, adventurous, slightly more adult tale.
Patrick Michael
Jan 20, 2013 Patrick Michael rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: titan-a-e
The movies is my favorite. And it's prequels. Sith is my favorite character because of here mouth.
Dec 31, 2014 Nibrock rated it really liked it
I love the movie! The book is even better. I love getting the Drej point of view.
This book was not my favorite book. It was okay, but not what I hoped for.
Jeryl Dildine
Mar 29, 2008 Jeryl Dildine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the movie loved the book!
Jan 05, 2013 Mousa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Less than average.
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2016
BookDB marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2016
van added it
Oct 10, 2016
Amber is currently reading it
Oct 02, 2016
Barret Marshall
Barret Marshall rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2016
James marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Scott marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
  • Logos Run
  • The Black Hole
  • Death's Head Rebellion (War World, #2)
  • Harvest the Fire (Harvest of Stars, #3)
  • Hard Sell
  • Colonel
  • Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
  • Independence Day: Silent Zone
  • Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
  • Thor's Hammer (The Future at War Series Volume 1)
  • Law of Survival (Jani Kilian Chronicles, Book 3)
  • Life Probe
  • The Best of All Possible Wars
Steven Carl Perry has written over fifty novels and numerous short stories, which have appeared in various magazines and anthologies. Perry is perhaps best known for the Matador series. He has written books in the Star Wars, Alien and Conan universes. He was a collaborator on all of the Tom Clancy's Net Force series, seven of which have appeared on the New York Times Bestseller list. Two of his no ...more
More about Steve Perry...