Start by marking “Titan A.E.: Novelization” as Want to Read:
Titan A.E.: Novelization

Titan A.E.: Novelization

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  184 ratings  ·  18 reviews
This novelization of the science fiction epic motion picture from 20th Century Fox Animation takes readers into the 29th century, after aliens have forced humans from Earth. Fifteen years after the invasion, Cale Tucker is humanity's last hope to find a new world. But first he must solve the mystery of a legendary spacecraft known as "Titan".
Published May 1st 2000 by Ace (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Titan A.E., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Titan A.E.

Scott Henricks
I read this book, of course, because I worked on the movie!! I really enjoyed it because I had become so familiar with the story we were telling in the movie, and it made things even better being able to get more details. It has been quite some time since I read this book, so I might just have to pick this one up again, as well as the other two, and read them.

The cool thing was that I was able to learn more about the characters and how they got to the point I was introduced to them, while workin
Scot Eaton
It's good, but doesn't have the same charm as the movie. It's nice to read this after the movie to get extra scenes and some more insight into the characters' thoughts and motivations.

My one major complaint is that this book completely breaks continuity with Cale's Story and Akima's Story, the two prequel novels. There's one line where the author attempts to reconcile the plot, but it seems too little, and feels thrown-in at the last minute. There was obviously no communication between authors.

I
Lorien
While I've never been able to buy into the idea that a ship could make an entire planet, I do enjoy this story. A fan of the movie, I really enjoyed reading the book. My favorite parts are definitely the drej queen. Learning about them and actually learning WHY they destroyed Earth was awesome. It's only a 4 star because of the whole idea of the ship making a whole planet is just too unbelievable for me to give it a 5, but other than that it's a solid book.
Sean
I don't care.
I don't even care.
Shut up.
Shut up everybody.
Yeah, I get it.
But no.
Screw that.
Titan A.E. was a brilliant movie.
And i don't even care about this book.
It could have been written in crayon on a banana;
I wouldn't care.
It's great.
It's super great.
Just shut up.
Josh
it started in 3013 with a boy who is only 6 years old. the boy was not awere of what was happening all around him. his dad was a really smart guy how had made a ship that might be able to save the earth form the evil traj.

one year ago the earth was desroded by the alien traj and cales father had leaft somewhere in outerspace. cale was working for a junk alien in space on a real big rock and the aliens treat the humans with no respect at all. then one day cale was going to lunch and a ship just
 Rogue
The movie was WAY better! I would not recommend this to anyone (UNlike the movie). It appears to be written for 9 year olds(ish), but they use swear words. If they had taken the book seriously, and actually watched the movie so they knew what they were talking about, it might have been more than just 'meh.'
William
I read this years after seeing the movie, and having forgotten most of the plot, there were plenty of surprising moments in store for me. The book was both exciting and interesting, but the ending was just wonderful: hopefully fate will show a similar kindness to me one day. :-)
Jason
The movie..was better. Still this is a fast read and worth borrowing from the library or if you can get it for a buck...well only if you can get it for at most a buck is it worth buying. Get the movie.
J.M.
Gives more insight into the characters than the movie alone provided. A good sci-fi read with definite appeal. I liked the alien race, who reminded me a lot of the Chigs in "Space: Above and Beyond."
Ervin Kosch
Remember how the movie seems to be lacking? That because there was a whole subplot that was never explored that the book has. Like Dune when you've read the book the movie make 100% more sense.
Megan
Much like the movie. An enjoyable piece of fiction lacking too much substance. A good book to sandwich in between two substantial reads when your mind needs a bit of a break
Dark-Draco
I really enjoyed this and was surprised that a novelisation was so good! I think I might have to dig up a copy of the film as I've never seen it.
RJ (ryan)
This book was wonderful. This is a great movie, and this book took that and novelized it into a fun, adventurous, slightly more adult tale.
Patrick Michael
The movies is my favorite. And it's prequels. Sith is my favorite character because of here mouth.
Nibrock
I love the movie! The book is even better. I love getting the Drej point of view.
Spencer
This book was not my favorite book. It was okay, but not what I hoped for.
Jeryl Dildine
Loved the movie loved the book!
TalosPV
TalosPV marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Taylor Manning
Taylor Manning marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Edwin  Klemm
Edwin Klemm marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Alltheparts
Alltheparts marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
  • Logos Run
  • Death's Head Rebellion (War World, #2)
  • The Corridors of Time
  • The Black Hole
  • The Listeners
  • Hard Sell
  • Terminator Salvation: From the Ashes
  • Independence Day: Silent Zone
  • Contact Imminent (Jani Kilian Chronicles, Book 4)
  • Blood Oath
  • Battlestar Galactica
  • Crossfire (Crossfire, #1)
  • Event Horizon
  • The Far Side of Evil
  • Stargate
Shadows of the Empire (Star Wars) Breaking Point (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #4) Net Force (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #1) Hidden Agendas (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #2) Point of Impact (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #5)