Your Sugar Sits Untouched

Your Sugar Sits Untouched

4.46 of 5 stars 4.46  ·  rating details  ·  192 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Written between the ages of 13 and 18, Emilie Autumn's debut poetry book quickly sold out amongst her fans back in 2000.
Your Sugar Sits Untouched is a partial re-release of Emilie Autumn's 2001 poetry book, Across The Sky & Other Poems. In addition, it includes seven new poems.
Published by WillowTech House (first published 2000)

Zsofi
Mar 04, 2011 Zsofi rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Plague Rats, and those who need some good poetry time
Shelves: favorites
Emilie Autumn's poetry: Wonderful. Love to get into it and try to analyse them (sorry, can't help it, even though it isn't necessarily good because we should try and avoid dissecting the precious works of writers).
My favourites are Ghost, Alas (The Knight), and The Ballad of Mushroom Down.
Lady
I confess that I am not really a fan of poetry and would not have picked this up were I not an avid Emilie Autumn fan. A fellow fan (who incidentally also gave this book a two out of five star rating) told me that they thought I might like some of these. They were kind enough to link me to the eBook and so I thought I'd give it a go.

My overall thoughts are that some of the poetry is a bit immature. Most are about adolescent love, the loss of innocence, rejection and heartache -- all a bit predic...more
Leanne

I feel bad only marking this two stars, because I'm a big fan of Emilie Autumn. The truth is, though, a lot of these poems are mediocre, and some are just a bit not good (I hesitate to say bad, but...). This is understandable, as they were all written between the ages of 13 and 18, which is quite young.

In some of the poems, Autumn is simply trying too hard. She inverts words for no apparent reason and wrenches stress. She forces rhymes where the poem would be very lovely without rhyme. Most anno

Julie *Friday's Child*
I'll start this off by saying that I don't know anything about poetry. I don't generally read poetry, I don't analyze poetry. I might write something once in a while but it's mostly just out of boredom and hilarious. As such I'm not really fit to objectively review this book because I wouldn't know good poetry from bad if it hit me in the face.

That being said, I love this book. I love it so much. I'm (sort of) a fan of Emilie Autumn, so I'm aware that I'm very biased about it. Those poems just h...more
Caroline Åsgård
I bought a PDF version at the Asylum Emporium, along with the audio album, which I find a necessity along with this, cause you get the feeling more. But if you do find it in physical form, get it, cause that'd sure be valuable!
The book is 106 pages (1,5 hours of audio), so you get a lot for your money. I have never read it without audio, so it takes a while to get through it, but I love the peaceful time.
The poems are written by Emilie Autumn between the ages of 13 and 18, so some poems are obvi...more
Phoebe Andamo
I read this more than two years ago. I listened to Emilie's voice this time and I still like her teatime poetry.
alex.
Your Sugar Sits Untouched is a short book of "teatime poems" written by the delightfully talented Emilie Autumn between the ages of thirteen and eighteen.

I couldn't believe Autumn wrote this at such a young age. The poems are lovely and Emilie always manages to sound so eloquent and wise.

Overall, the book is wonderful, as is everything Emilie produces, and I completely recommend it. My favourite poems included How To Break A Heart, Ghost, A Plea to the Dying, Didn't, and Funny How Things Change.
Phoebe Andamo
This is a collection of heartfelt teatime poems made by Emilie Autumn. I am no good with poetry and I'm not a fan of hers. I just like to discover works by people I know nothing of. I'm glad I stumbled in it somewhere in the internet. The poems are simple and most of it are cheesy, but I like it. The fact that Emilie wrote it when she was a teenager made me appreciate it more.
Cat {Wild Night In}
As an EA fan, it's interesting to read her poetry and see how her lyrics and style have developed.

The recording is really well done and the accompanying music goes so well with it, contributing to the poetry but never overwhelming it. I particularly enjoyed the 'Blackbird Sonnets', but then, I am a sucker for mini-series of poetry.
Angela
Little repetitive every now and then, the music and sound effects sometimes dominated over the poems, but overall - AWESOME! Emilie Autumn is a very talented person, her poems are gorgeous and her voice is amazing even when she's not singing. This woman is made of awesome!
Erin
Absolutely beautiful-Emilie Autumn, can protray love, hate, heartbreak, admiration, amusement, in these brilliant poems.
reccomended for All Muffins and Plague Rats aswell as poetry lovers.
 Mandy - Lace Vintage ♥
Not much into poetry but just love emilie not matter what she does my Absloute favorite tho has to be ghost, it's just so beautiful. It brings me to tears.
Mina D.
Emilie Autumn has this amazing ability to put my feelings into lovely verses.

Her poems are wonderful, full of deep thoughts and emotions.
Anna
I have EA's poetry cd but I haven't actually read the BOOK...but I love Your Sugar SIts Untouched album.

Goodbye is my favorite
Erin
I have both the cd, and the actual book.

I do believe Ghost is my favorite. But I really do just love them all.
Amber
For a poetry book, it's pretty good, albeit a bit repetitive. I just don't care for poetry, personally.
April
In contrast to TAFWVG, Emilie Autumn's poetry is insightful and gives a better glimpse into her mind.
Marina
Oct 29, 2011 Marina marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wishlist
Looking for actual physical copy of this, will pay almost any amount- please contact me!
Raven
Emilie Autumn reading her own poetry. Nuff said. Five stars!!
Tim McNeil
I downloaded the ebook so yeaa
Alex Martinez
Never_ Again
Never_ Again marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Nicole
Nicole added it
Jul 06, 2014
Jae
Jae marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Trina Collins
Trina Collins marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Vivian
Vivian marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
  • Gothic Charm School: An Essential Guide for Goths and Those Who Love Them
  • The Lesbian Body
  • The Woman's Comfort Book: A Self-Nurturing Guide for Restoring Balance in Your Life
  • I Will Not Die an Unlived Life: Reclaiming Purpose and Passion
  • Piece by Piece
  • Sometimes She Lets Me: Best Butch Femme Erotica
  • Elle
  • Silk (Silk, #1)
  • Eat Mangoes Naked: Finding Pleasure Everywhere (and dancing with the Pits)
  • Poemcrazy: Freeing Your Life with Words
  • Live Through This: On Creativity and Self-Destruction
  • Brazen Femme: Queering Femininity
  • The Diary of Vaslav Nijinsky
  • Book of Pagan Prayer
Emilie Autumn Liddell (born in Los Angeles, on September 22, 1979), better known by her stage name Emilie Autumn, is an American singer-songwriter, poet, and violinist. Autumn draws influence for her music—the style of which she has alternatively labeled as "Victoriandustrial" and glam rock—from plays, novels, and history, particularly the Victorian era. Performing with her all-female backing band...more
More about Emilie Autumn...
The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls

“We will paste upon the curled pages words
Like charming and romantic and sentimental
Forgetting that charming is witchcraft
Romantic is love
And sentiment is what makes us human”
25 likes
“Do not underestimate the object of illusion for the world is my stage and you are privellaged to be in my play” 5 likes