Start by marking “Your Sugar Sits Untouched ” as Want to Read:
Your Sugar Sits Untouched

Your Sugar Sits Untouched

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  279 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Written between the ages of 13 and 18, Emilie Autumn's debut poetry book quickly sold out amongst her fans back in 2000.
Your Sugar Sits Untouched is a partial re-release of Emilie Autumn's 2001 poetry book, Across The Sky & Other Poems. In addition, it includes seven new poems.
Published by WillowTech House (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Your Sugar Sits Untouched, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Sugar Sits Untouched

Anne
Oct 19, 2015 Anne rated it it was ok
Shelves: poetry, october-reads
I wish I could drain the words I ingested from this book out of my brain and spit them out of my mouth.
......
*I knew something was wrong, so I went back to read the book description *

AHHHHHHHH.... "Written between the ages of 13 and 18".

Makes a whole lot of sense now.
......
SOME LINES FROM POEMS I ENJOYED:

RANT 2
"Have I built up anything in the course of a happy day that cannot be torn down by tomorrow's inevitable"

THE MUSIC I HEARD ONCE
"The music I recall
Was different than it is now
Yasmin
I'll have to admit that I skipped some of these poems. I did try to like them, but in the end, I think I only enjoyed three poems. The subjects were the same a lot of the time, which got boring very fast. Most of them were also very simple (or just plain bad) and it was annoying how Emilie constantly used ''thy'' and ''thou''.

I tried to listen to the audio while reading along, but I stopped after five poems as Emilie's voice got annoying and it was incredibly unclear what she was trying to say (
Zsofi
Mar 04, 2011 Zsofi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Plague Rats, and those who need some good poetry time
Shelves: favorites
Emilie Autumn's poetry: Wonderful. Love to get into it and try to analyse them (sorry, can't help it, even though it isn't necessarily good because we should try and avoid dissecting the precious works of writers).
My favourites are Ghost, Alas (The Knight), and The Ballad of Mushroom Down.
Ashley Clark
Jul 31, 2014 Ashley Clark rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First off I would like to note that I am a Muffin and I listened/read this because I was bored and I got it for free so why the heck not right? Plus I was a little curious about her poetry since I have already read The Asylum book and wanted to see what I'd find in this work.

Upon reading this compilation of poems I found that it reminded me of Enchant era more than anything which isn't a bad thing just different since I like Opheliac so much. It was interesting reading her poems about love and
Leanne
Jan 24, 2013 Leanne rated it it was ok

I feel bad only marking this two stars, because I'm a big fan of Emilie Autumn. The truth is, though, a lot of these poems are mediocre, and some are just a bit not good (I hesitate to say bad, but...). This is understandable, as they were all written between the ages of 13 and 18, which is quite young.

In some of the poems, Autumn is simply trying too hard. She inverts words for no apparent reason and wrenches stress. She forces rhymes where the poem would be very lovely without rhyme. Most anno

Amelia
May 12, 2016 Amelia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: not-for-me
First things first, the author has this listed at her site as being released in 2000, which is false. The paperback printed version of this was released in 2001, as across the sky and other poems, however, did not contain many of the new poems added to this edition which was released in 2005.

Which is what I am reviewing, in 2005, for the first time she released the audio version with this new version. Although many never heard of if until it's digital re-release in 2008 because Autumn didn't re
Sharon
Mar 22, 2016 Sharon rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was brought this as a mother's day present and FLAG on iTunes as well as a physical copy of her book from her website. This book as stated by autumn in her bio on facebook and other sites was actually written in her early twenties. Some writings from her teenage years went on to be songs on Enchant. This audiobook never came about until 2005, just before her release of Opheliac, although I don't recall seeing it available until 2008.

The poems were from a paperback book published in 2001 calle
Alejandra
Feb 25, 2016 Alejandra rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: will-re-read
Out of all the books by the author this was my favorite. It states on her website that this poetry was written in her twenties but it's very childishly written for someone of this age. There have been poets younger who have written masterpieces.

Although the poetry is terrible I don't view the author as a writer anyway, never have, after just also reading two editions of her novel, but I do see her as a fantastic musician. I would recommend her instrumental recordings but not her books sadly. Al
Roland
Jan 11, 2016 Roland rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this on iTunes and I have been cringing since. Written between 13 and 18? Funny because I'm pretty sure she was in her twenties and said so at some point I just never got around to buying until now.

Have you read Rimbaud and seen how old he was when he wrote his masterworks? What's Emilie's excuse for being such a poor, repetitive and tedious writer. There isn't one since she is the one who thinks herself a genius follow her or research her career and more you'll see what I mean.

There
Neri.
Nov 22, 2015 Neri. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading all those poems were like reading lyrics to Emilie Autumn songs. I like her music and her memoir about the time when she was in asylum was great. This book is also very good. I enjoyed it as much as I enjoy everything that she does.
Emm ☿ Synklaire
Apr 15, 2016 Emm ☿ Synklaire rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Muffins / Plague Rats, poetry fans
(Note this review is mostly on the written poems, partially on the CD)
Oh, did I want to rate this higher. I truly did.
Sugar is about the farthest away you can get from Vogon, but also strays pretty far from the chilling, unusual experience I'm used to from Emilie Autumn. For me, the Fakespearean language on a few really did a number on what could've been better poems. I'm also not huge on the slightly cheesy romance in places, as Romance is just not my favorite species of poem anyway.

Don't get
Raven
Nov 13, 2010 Raven rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emilie Autumn reading her own poetry. Nuff said. Five stars!!
Ilse
(AUDIOBOOK) Basically Emilie coughing asthmatically into a microphone about some long lost loves, people she hates, muses she met, accusations, mistakes, tears she never tasted, etc. etc. etc. Lost my concentration somewhere near the beginning, thanks to a chocolate bar and my sister practising a Panic! at the disco song on her guitar. Oh chocolate, thy shalt save the world in times of need and desperation, when thy force thyself to spend the night listening to poetry that may be of use if thy h ...more
S.E. Berrow
I confess that I am not really a fan of poetry and would not have picked this up were I not an avid Emilie Autumn fan. A fellow fan (who incidentally also gave this book a two out of five star rating) told me that they thought I might like some of these. They were kind enough to link me to the eBook and so I thought I'd give it a go.

My overall thoughts are that some of the poetry is a bit immature. Most are about adolescent love, the loss of innocence, rejection and heartache -- all a bit predic
Charlotte
Oct 28, 2015 Charlotte rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Doing the math this was written in her twenties not her teenage years. Still young but doesn't change the fact that she released this audio later on. Still very poor literature accompanied by nice sounds. I've now read her book and listened to the poems of this record and am equally bored of both.
JackingOffJill
Aug 22, 2015 JackingOffJill rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have just finished reading TAFWVG which was enjoyable and I would read again BUT THIS NO! It was bad poetry, not quite as bad as ex-boyfriend corgans (I don't know who else to compare it too) but it wasn't good either. The pretty sounds didn't make me want to listen past "Blackbird Sonnets"....
Caroline Åsgård
Jan 05, 2014 Caroline Åsgård rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: emilie-autumn
I bought a PDF version at the Asylum Emporium, along with the audio album, which I find a necessity along with this, cause you get the feeling more. But if you do find it in physical form, get it, cause that'd sure be valuable!
The book is 106 pages (1,5 hours of audio), so you get a lot for your money. I have never read it without audio, so it takes a while to get through it, but I love the peaceful time.
The poems are written by Emilie Autumn between the ages of 13 and 18, so some poems are obvi
Alan D.D.
Entretenido, profundo, a ratos extraño, pero no deja indiferente al lector.
Entertaining, profound, strange at times, but not left an indifferent reader.
Phoebe Andamo
May 05, 2015 Phoebe Andamo rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry, ebooks-online, w
This is a collection of heartfelt teatime poems made by Emilie Autumn. I am no good with poetry and I'm not a fan of hers. I just like to discover works by people I know nothing of. I'm glad I stumbled in it somewhere in the internet. The poems are simple and most of it are cheesy, but I like it. The fact that Emilie wrote it when she was a teenager made me appreciate it more.
Cat {Wild Night In}
Jun 21, 2011 Cat {Wild Night In} rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
As an EA fan, it's interesting to read her poetry and see how her lyrics and style have developed.

The recording is really well done and the accompanying music goes so well with it, contributing to the poetry but never overwhelming it. I particularly enjoyed the 'Blackbird Sonnets', but then, I am a sucker for mini-series of poetry.
Alan D.D.
Una edición interesante, una voz sombría y colorida, música bonita, pero la cual distrae muchas veces de la voz de Emilie.
An interesting issue, a dark and colorful voice, nice music, but which often distracts from Emilie's voice.
Phoebe Andamo
May 05, 2015 Phoebe Andamo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry, audiobooks, w
I read this more than two years ago. I listened to Emilie's voice this time and I still like her teatime poetry.
Erin
Absolutely beautiful-Emilie Autumn, can protray love, hate, heartbreak, admiration, amusement, in these brilliant poems.
reccomended for All Muffins and Plague Rats aswell as poetry lovers.
 Mandy - Lace Vintage ♥
Not much into poetry but just love emilie not matter what she does my Absloute favorite tho has to be ghost, it's just so beautiful. It brings me to tears.
Michaela
Jan 31, 2012 Michaela rated it really liked it
Emilie Autumn has this amazing ability to put my feelings into lovely verses.

Her poems are wonderful, full of deep thoughts and emotions.
Anna
Feb 03, 2010 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have EA's poetry cd but I haven't actually read the BOOK...but I love Your Sugar SIts Untouched album.

Goodbye is my favorite
Erin
Jul 12, 2011 Erin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
I have both the cd, and the actual book.

I do believe Ghost is my favorite. But I really do just love them all.
Amber
Nov 17, 2010 Amber rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
For a poetry book, it's pretty good, albeit a bit repetitive. I just don't care for poetry, personally.
April
May 14, 2013 April rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In contrast to TAFWVG, Emilie Autumn's poetry is insightful and gives a better glimpse into her mind.
Tim McNeil
Apr 08, 2010 Tim McNeil rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I downloaded the ebook so yeaa
  • Hidden Past (The Dark Earth, #2)
  • Getting Down to Business
  • In The Moonlight (Howling Moonlight #1)
  • Gothic Charm School: An Essential Guide for Goths and Those Who Love Them
  • Tim Burton's Vincent
  • Saga Sangre Enamorada
  • Chosen by the Sheikh: The Sheikh and the Virgin\Kept for the Sheikh's Pleasure
  • A Friend and a Lover
  • Excuse me while I wring this long swim out of my hair
  • Stay With Me
  • Temper
  • The Pigman & Me (The Pigman, #3)
  • Paper Cutting: Contemporary Artists, Timeless Craft
  • Marilyn Monroe
  • The Prince's Chambermaid (At His Service, #2)
  • Cowboys, Babies and Shotgun Vows (Harlequin Romance Manga)
  • Hot Boss, Boardroom Mistress
  • Mean Time
Emilie Autumn Liddell (born in Los Angeles, on September 22, 1979), better known by her stage name Emilie Autumn, is an American singer-songwriter, poet, and violinist. Autumn draws influence for her music—the style of which she has alternatively labeled as "Victoriandustrial" and glam rock—from plays, novels, and history, particularly the Victorian era. Performing with her all-female backing band ...more
More about Emilie Autumn...

“We will paste upon the curled pages words
Like charming and romantic and sentimental
Forgetting that charming is witchcraft
Romantic is love
And sentiment is what makes us human”
30 likes