Start by marking “The Samson Effect” as Want to Read:
The Samson Effect

The Samson Effect

Dr. Michael Sieff and Dr. Thomas Hamilton have stumbled onto a finding so astonishing that it could reshape the political and religious boundaries of the world. Hidden in a cave in Hebron, Israel they find an ancient scroll that gives evidence of a substance so powerful, it gave the Biblical strong man Samson his great strength.

In the quest to uncover this powerful secret,
Published October 9th 2007 by Tony Eldridge (first published October 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Samson Effect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Samson Effect

Susane
May 06, 2008 Susane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My cousin wrote this book! Tony is a first cousin to my husband and he and his wife actually introduced us! In fact, Tony married us, too! Anyhow, this is Tony's first work and so far, it's pretty action-packed! I just wish I had more time to sit and read the entire thing at once!
Derek
Jul 16, 2008 Derek rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes a great story with lots of suspense and intrigue
Recommended to Derek by: Tony Eldridge, of course
Bang!

I slammed the book shut with a tremendous rush of satisfaction and called out in one of those obnoxious fan grunts, when their home team obliterates the opposition.

This is one excellent book and made me jealous. I want to grow up and write like Tony. (Insert appropriate whining here). He does suspense like a pro. No wonder Clive Cussler gave such a rave review. No wonder this is going to be made into a movie.

All of this elation was followed by sadness, because I want more and Tony should dr
Michael
Aug 03, 2008 Michael rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book takes you on a wild ride. You will feel that you are very involved with the characters as they jump off the page and include you in their journey. An excellent debut novel. Tony Eldridge will go far in the publishing world.
Janie Pendleton
Oct 14, 2008 Janie Pendleton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SIX STARS< move over Dan Brown, here comes Tony Eldridge, writing books the way they should be written! Janie
Rai
May 13, 2010 Rai rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ancient Mystery & Intrigue awaits you in The Samson Effect

I am a big fan of ancient mysteries, action adventure stories & thrillers, so I was immediately intrigued when I came across The Samson Effect & the blurb from Clive Cussler sealed the deal. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, it's an engaging read with a good sense of place, relentlessly fast pacing, and is populated with lively, colorful characters. A secret held since biblical times has been protected by an ancient order, but t
Dennis Batchelder
intriguing premise; lots of action

Tony Eldridge's premise in THE SAMSON EFFECT: the "Lord's Strength" of the Old Testament heroes was derived from an ancient, thought-to-be-extinct plant. Fast forward to today: two biblical researchers' quest to find the plant's one remaining seed trigger deadly reactions from both the protectors of the secret and a Palestinian terrorist.

The book is pretty much non-stop action: right from the start people get shot and buildings get bombed. In the midst of all t
Kerry Frey
Feb 02, 2010 Kerry Frey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't begin to add a better review than what Clive Cussler wrote for this wonderful debut novel, but I will add that the author is one of the most outstanding and talented individuals you will ever meet. If you don't own a copy of The Samson Effect, one could only ask "why"?
Al
May 24, 2008 Al rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good first offering. I will be looking forward to seeing Tony's next offering......

Thanks!
Philip Corbett
Jun 22, 2011 Philip Corbett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic concept here, executed incredibly well by Tony Eldridge who, I believe, is a first time novelist.
The likening to a modern day Indiana Jones is not an exaggeration, this is a real roller coaster, thrill a minute page turner. Think Indiana Jones meets Jack Bauer, and you’ll get the idea.
Criticisms? One minor one. Mr. Eldridge has a tendency to use too many words on occasion - I stumbled over the odd sentence, but it in no way detracts from the detailed plot and the terrific action. If
Denise
Sep 19, 2011 Denise rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Samson Effect is a mix of The Da Vinci Code and Raiders of the Lost Ark: ancient religious artifacts are tied into current political and religious groups, everyone is pitted against one another, and the plot is abundant with spies and double-crossing and unrealistic scenarios that somehow make for page-turning adventure even as the reader suspends disbelief.

It won't win any awards, but I quite liked it.
Shelley Hitz
Jun 23, 2012 Shelley Hitz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once I started reading, "The Sampson Effect" this weekend, I couldn't put it down. It was fast-paced and kept me interested. As the story unfolded, there were twists and turns in the plot that I didn't expect and kept it interesting.

I don't have time to read many fiction novels these days, but I'm definitely glad I read this one! Highly recommended.
Adam
Jun 21, 2012 Adam rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-ebooks
This story is engaging and well-developed, however, my only complaint is in the resolution. Following the climactic scene, the author wraps up the plot line and character storylines as if he was restricted to a page limit. It was uncharactistic of the detail provided earlier in this work. Nevertheless, I enjoyed this book for the beach-house reading it provided.
Carol
Jun 20, 2011 Carol rated it liked it
I should probably give this book more stars. I had a hard time putting the book down. The characters were a little predictable, especially the females. The idea that there was something that gave Sampson his super strength is an interesting concept.
Adam Wallace
This was a pretty good book. Kept my attention and I would look for the author in the future. The read was fast.
Linda
Dec 09, 2014 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A suspenseful and thrilling biblical adventure. It was nice to read a local Forney, Texas author. I liken it to a fast paced Indiana Jones thrill ride.
Carol Horton
Jul 13, 2013 Carol Horton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other
Authors sudden shift in Hannah character not realistic (Jew & Muslim romance) based on all his other characters.
Renee Smithson
Jun 13, 2014 Renee Smithson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventure, mystery
I had Tony Eldridge's son in my classroom . His sweet son told me his dad wrote books one day during show and tell. I'm so glad he shared his GREAT book with me. LOVED it! So many twist & turns!
Ruth
Mar 29, 2013 Ruth rated it liked it
This was a good book, but I have to say the romantic connections within the four main characters was very weak and juvenile. I did not like that part of the story at all.
Dawn Jobes
Dawn Jobes rated it did not like it
Jun 26, 2012
Bob Schell
Bob Schell rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2014
Craig Campbell
Craig Campbell rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2009
Zoton Spivey
Zoton Spivey rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Vicki Tupper Anders
Vicki Tupper Anders rated it really liked it
May 31, 2014
Tony
Jan 20, 2011 Tony rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2012
Lisa Brooks
Lisa Brooks rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2015
Jeff Fitzgerald
Jeff Fitzgerald rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2016
Penny Rosier
Penny Rosier rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2015
Obiddy
Obiddy rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2015
Chase
Chase rated it did not like it
May 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Eighth Scroll
  • Servant of the Gods
  • Secret of the Sands
  • In the Shadow of Babylon
  • Duel of Hearts
  • A Child's Wound
  • The Great Reset: How New Ways of Living and Working Drive Post-Crash Prosperity
  • Redemption
  • God's Amazing Grace
  • Living Soul (Veiled, #2)
  • The Usurper
  • Captive Spirit
  • OpenGL Programming Guide: The Official Guide to Learning OpenGL, Version 2
  • Knight of Glory (Kingdom of Arnhem, #2)
  • The Soul of Leadership: Unlocking Your Potential for Greatness
  • Molly September
  • Sporadic Memories
  • Tuesday Tells it Slant
Tony Eldridge is a former marketing professional and the author of the action/adventure novel, The Samson Effect, that Clive Cussler called a "first rate thriller brimming with intrigue and adventure." He is also the creator of Marketing Tips for Authors, a daily blog that gives low cost/no cost marketing advice and tips for authors trying to sell their books, especially if they are on a ...more
More about Tony Eldridge...