Start by marking “Leap of Faith (Moonlight Breed #1)” as Want to Read:
Leap of Faith (Moonlight Breed #1)

Leap of Faith (The Moonlight Breed #1)

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,216 Ratings  ·  62 Reviews
[Siren Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romance, M/M, shape-shifters]

After kicking his two-timing ex-lover to the curb, all Braxton is interested in is getting started on his next graphic novel. That is, until he meets sexy firefighter and cursed shifter, Xander Brighton.

Xander has never given much thought to having a mate. Now that he’s found Braxton, though
Published January 19th 2011 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Leap of Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leap of Faith

Change of Heart by Mary CalmesWith Caution by J.L. LangleyWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyDuck! by Kim DareTrusted Bond by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Shifters
90th out of 826 books — 1,138 voters
Among the Living by Jordan Castillo PriceWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyCamp Hell by Jordan Castillo PriceWith Caution by J.L. LangleyChange of Heart by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Paranormals
115th out of 853 books — 670 voters

More lists with this book...

P.Z.
Jul 17, 2015 P.Z. rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
Total rating : 3.5 Stars

I had an issue with Braxton,because I did't understand why he usually ran into the problem and ended up almost dying.

Anyway,Leap of faith is very sweet book with chemistry between Xander and Braxton.They're fated mate and sex scenes is very hot with alpha's possessiveness.they bit each other when they mated.

I daresay this book is spectacular compared with tons of books I've read in this week.
Serena Yates
Jan 24, 2011 Serena Yates rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
I really liked this first glimpse into a new series. The shifters are an interesting mix of different species, banding together for a reason that is fresh and slightly different (saying what that is would spoil the surprise). The focus is on the developing relationship between Braxton and Xander, with all its difficulties, including an interfering ex-lover.

Braxton hasn't had it easy. He fights hard to be independent, wants nothing more than to find 'his one true love', and is constantly harassed
Shell
Feb 11, 2011 Shell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Lexi Ander
Feb 02, 2011 Lexi Ander rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-shifters
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
4.5 stars (when compared to others of this type of story, a shifter romance series)

This book was a typical formulaic shifter romance but surprisingly much higher quality than most. It was funny in parts, dramatic in others. There was a lot of action and suspense and of course near-death and injury, my favorite. (I've never denied that I'm a sick woman.) Although it was predictable, I really liked the characters. The heroes that were key in this story, Keeton, Braxton, and Xander, were all indivi
Ter
Jan 21, 2011 Ter rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
"Oh, hell to the yes!" as it says in the book lol!
and I would have to agree. I love this book, it's funny, sexy, hot, a very enjoyable read.

Very good start to a new series by a new author! Braxton is adorable. Trying to get on with his life, but his ex won't leave him alone for some reason (find out later) and Xander is Mr. Tall, Dark, and Yummy, who wants to protect Braxton more than anything and claim him as his mate. They have a lot of things and problems to work thru.
Along with Xander's fo
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
May 12, 2011 Bubbles Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions rated it really liked it
Recommended to Bubbles Hunty by: Perpetua
Overall i did enjoy the book but Braxton was a clueless idiot and the way he handled the whole Mason situation was absurd
Valentina Heart
Karen K
Love my shifters and having so many different kinds will make a great series. This was a really good start - Braxton and Xander are both adorable and beautiful together. I felt a little "oversexed" in this book but still really enjoyed it and look forward to the series.
Nicole
May 14, 2011 Nicole rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
3.5

This was exactly what I needed... Just a nice straight forward book with a little bit of action and a lot of hot naked man love. I could have done without the shampoo and body wash as lube though. :)
Tiferet
Mar 23, 2015 Tiferet rated it really liked it
Shelves: shifters
Surprisingly fresh and non-tropey story, in spite of it using so many familiar shifter romance elements. I especially appreciated the equal footing and power balance between the MCs, and how dynamic their relationship was.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Price drop to $0.99 at Amazon US, 4/10/14 :)
Shannon
May 22, 2015 Shannon rated it liked it
This one would be on the low end of 3 stars even though it was easy reading and I actually enjoyed it. Why? Because Braxton and Xander kept doing incredibly stupid crap....like the girl going into the dark basement to check out that weird sound in horror movies....yeah, like that! And their communication sucked on more than one occasion causing undue angst which seemed really silly. That aside, I'm going to continue with the series because it was a fun read.
Janelle
I loved Braxton and Xander. They fit so well together yet are very different. The fact that Braxton already knew about shifters actually helped in this book. It made it easier on him and his decisions. I have to say I was a little upset with how he handled things, but I could also see why he reacted that way. I found myself laughing out loud at times. I really enjoyed this read and it was a great start to the series.
Paloma Beck
Feb 01, 2013 Paloma Beck rated it it was amazing
Leap of Faith is a great book. Read it. And then, like me, you’ll be waiting for the next book to be published
Christy Duke
Oh am I glad I listened to my friend's advice and read Leap of Faith. What a wonderful, feel good brain candy story. I love the easiness about it with very little angst. It has totally hot shifters and really fun characters. I adored Braxton and Xander was just over the top with hotness.
It is a fun and relaxing read with a good story and I'm looking forward to reading some more in the series.
Crissy Morris
Sometimes you just need a story that makes you feel good. This is that story. I adore Braxton and his sweetness, and Xander and his overprotective side. They are two wonderful characters. This world that Evans has created is fun and imaginative. And the story is perfectly paced and exciting. It's relatively angst-free which, again, makes for a great light-hearted, feel good happily-ever-after.
Ana
Oct 20, 2014 Ana rated it it was ok
ReviewerLarissa
Well it started out good. Had promise, but then again with the continuity problems, overly emotional girly men and a plot that doesn't add up. It's likable, but I suspect the author didn't read her story back or she would have noticed the errors.
Ashley♥Alexis
This was a nice uncomplicated romance. I liked the two MC's I'm tempted to pick up the next book in this series.
Stormy Glenn
Jan 23, 2011 Stormy Glenn rated it it was amazing
Iwas very impressed with this book and even read it a second time. I hopethere is a sequal.
Arzu
Great book!! Can't wait for the next one in the series ... Keeton and Logan ... yummy!!
Jollymus
Jan 24, 2012 Jollymus rated it it was amazing
This might be one of my favorit shifter books! I keep re-reading it and enjoy it every time ^o^

This series revolves around a very unique pack consisting of the so called moonlighters. They have all been shunned from their own pach/tribe/herd but have found each other and consider each other to be brothers.

This book is about Xander and Braxton. They meet one fateful day when Braxtons ex tries to kill him. An instant connection is created between them. Xander knows that they are mates from the beg
Meg Kinch
May 04, 2011 Meg Kinch rated it liked it
Stephanie
3.5 Stars. This was a fun and entertaining read, even though I had some serious issues with the writing/plot. (view spoiler) ...more
Rebecca
Feb 13, 2011 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
What a solid beginning to a new series! Leap of Faith, the first in the Moonlight Breed series, is a m/m shifter love story bursting with love, humor and suspense. Using an old legend of shifters being tied to the phases of the moon, Gabrielle Evans puts her own twist to the phenomenon. The shifters featured in Leap of Faith are different species, though each white, that have been cast out from their birth families because of a legend that says white animals are cursed. And though their species ...more
Ms. Nikki
2.5 Stars. I noticed a pattern with some authors who spit out books on a regular basis. Yes, I'm happy that I'm getting to read another book in the series and don't have to wait or that I'm getting my paranormal(whatever else) fix, etc. But, the books also need to be in depth, more solid, and intriguing, which they are NOT. The books are insta-love, insta-mine, usually sweet and belief must seriously be suspended. It's just that some of these authors have great potential, but the books rarely sc ...more
Holly
May 03, 2011 Holly rated it really liked it
Braxton kicked his ex to the curb months ago, after he found him cheating. Now all he wants to do is get his next graphic novel done. When he sees him again he is far from happy, one thing leads to another and we end up with Braxton waking up with the most gorgeous man he has ever seen leaning over him. That man just happens to be Xander Brighton, a firefighter, a cursed shifter and his mate.

But Braxton's ex, Mason isn't going to give up that easily.....

I loved Braxton and Xander from the very s
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Whew! This is one emotional roller coaster ride of a read, and I loved it! While I love a good sex scene as much as the next reader, I really liked how Ms. Evans took the time to build up the emotional side of Xander and Braxton’s relationship before she took it to the next level. The world building and how it relates to what Xander and his brothers are in their world of shifters is very unique from what I have read in other stories about shifters. Because of this, the story really kept my atten ...more
Fangtasia
Apr 18, 2014 Fangtasia rated it did not like it
Every single thing I hate in the shape shifter M/M Romance trope is in this one. Every. Single. Thing.

Why did I read it, you might ask? It was on sale, and $ is short.

So, is the sub-genre totally a loss? Not really. Just not to my taste, is all. And I can recommend one that is very good: Winter Wolf.
  • Heart Song (True Blood Mate #1)
  • Maverick's Mate (Brac Pack #1)
  • Strong Alpha (Twin Pines Grizzlies #8)
  • Remus (Marius Brothers #2)
  • Trill To Me Sweetly (A Paranormal's Love #1)
Gabrielle Evans grew up in a small town in southern Oklahoma. We’re talking one red light that may or may not work depending on the day of the week. She married her high school sweetheart and the rest is pretty much history. They have two very active boys and one high-strung wiener dog that keeps her constantly on the go. For now, Gabrielle parks her car in north-central Texas, but who knows what ...more
More about Gabrielle Evans...

The Moonlight Breed (10 books)
  • By the Light of the Moon (Moonlight Breed #2)
  • Whispers in the Night (Moonlight Breed #3)
  • Softly Spoken Lies (Moonlight Breed #4)
  • Endless Midnight (Moonlight Breed #5)
  • Let the Rain Come Down (Moonlight Breed #6)
  • From This Moment (Moonlight Breed #7)
  • Leap in the Dark (Moonlight Breed #8)
  • Jaded (Moonlight Breed #9)
  • Primal Instincts (Moonlight Breed #10)