Start by marking “Tentación en el viento (Virgin River, #6)” as Want to Read:
Tentación en el viento (Virgin River, #6)

Tentación en el viento (Virgin River #6)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  7,463 ratings  ·  347 reviews
A los veinticinco, después de pasarse los últimos cinco años cuidando de su madre, ha llegado el momento de que Shelby experimente lo que es la libertad y la aventura. Es hora de viajar, de ir a la universidad y de enamorarse. Pero cuando visita Virgin River, se tropieza con Luke Riordan, que no era precisamente a quien tenía en mente.

Luke era un apuesto piloto de helicóp
Mass Market Paperback, 416 pages
Published October 2010 by Harlequin (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Tentación en el viento, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tentación en el viento

Auntee
Dec 04, 2013 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of contemporary romance
Wow, wow, wow! Another big winner by the talented Robyn Carr--this may be my favorite of the series since book #1, "Virgin River". There was just something about these characters that grabbed me emotionally. I loved the strength and courage of the heroine, Shelby McIntyre, who was determined to live her life to the fullest after spending years as her dying mother's devoted caretaker. And I loved the hero, former Army Blackhawk pilot Luke Riordan, who may not have been what Shelby thought she was ...more
Shawna
5+ stars – Contemporary Romance

I’ve been reading this series straight through from the very beginning over the past week and have found myself totally and happily immersed in the charming, small town community life of Virgin River.

The spotlight couple of Temptation Ridge is Shelby and Luke, and I really loved both characters and enjoyed their realistic romantic progression, but I wanted more of them and the ending left me yearning a bit. For some reason, this time around, the parallel storylines
♡Karlyn P♡
Fantastic addition to the series. I agree with other reviews who rate this right up their with book 1 Virgin River. (I also agree that it was difficult not to read in one sitting!! I was up all night!) The main romance in this book is with Luke and Shelby, and it was a beautiful romance. Shelby is the kind of heroine I like to read: smart, fun, level-headed. We also get to see some continuing characters as well as meet a few new ones. There are a lot of emotions in this book from happy, funny, t ...more
Quinn
Please bear with me as I stumble through this review. I’ve been sitting staring blankly at the screen for a full minute, because I’m still not sure what I think of this book. It has some absolutely wonderful moments, and some powerfully tragic ones, too. But it seems like it’s taken me six books to finally start getting irritated with things that have bothered other readers right from the start.

For a start: Mel. I’ve never been particularly bothered by her character or the author’s penchant for
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
4 Stars

These books are the perfect "getting into the holiday spirit" type of read. They have a quaint, almost Hallmark-movie type feel to them that leaves me feeling uplifted. That said, I don't think I'd have the patience to read them, as they're not as couple centered as I prefer in my romances. However, I've loved listening to them as I go about my day.
jenjn79
Yet another excellent edition to the Virgin River series. I think I liked Second Chance Pass just a smidge more...so I'd probably rate this one 4.75 stars. But it was still a great book to read. I had a few minor quibbles, but overall, I enjoyed it a lot.

Temptation Ridge, the sixth book in the Virgin River series, takes up back to Virgin River where you catch up with existing characters, meet some new ones, see some previous ones return, and say a last goodbye to another. Shelby McIntyre, who wa
❀angela
I know there are a lot of fans who are thrilled with the updates about previous main characters, but I haven't been reading these in order. I was really bored reading about characters I didn't care about, and there were a lot of them. Not just the previous main characters, but newly introduced characters that were thrown in because the author wanted to have three romance plot lines. I'm usually all for secondary characters but one too many things were going on in this book.
Beanbag Love
This was a good installment. I really liked Shelby and Luke. Shelby was a great romantic heroine. Different from a lot of the typical ones in that she wasn't experienced at all, but she wasn't a fluffy doormat, either. You can definitely see why Luke falls for her.

And why she falls for Luke. *throws ice water in face*

Anyway, there are some sad things that cause tears and some happy things that cause tears and a lot of smiles along the way. In short, a typical Virgin River book.

My one huge compl
Kathrynn
Loved it! I've enjoyed all the Virgin River books, but this is the best one since the first hit the shelves, imo. Be sure to read the series in order because the characters continue to develop with each book.

Neat reading about the earlier characters and getting updated on them: Mel and Jack, Brie and Mike, Preacher (John) and Paige, Walt and Muriel, and many more. This book did not have the Shady Brady (Dan) character in it, though.

The two main characters in this one were Luke Riordan and Shel
Regina
3.5 stars. An enjoyable installment in the Virgin River series. Temptation Ridge brings some significant changes to Virgin River that set up the little town for more happenings in later books.

I really enjoy all the characters in this series. Temptation Ridge brings some good scenes with Mel and Jack. Mel is back to work and struggling with issues as a new mom of two very young children. Brie has her first child. The main storyline was sweet, passionate and sometimes heartbreaking. There are thr
Arlena
Title: Temptation Ridge (A Virgin River Novel)
Author: Robyn Carr
Publisher: Mira Books
Series: Virgin River #6
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: 5
Reviewed:

"Temptation Ridge" by Robyn Carr was a beautiful contemporary novel of the Virgin River #6 that featured three romances. The main storyline was of Shelby McIntyre and Luke Riordan...then it moves on to Walt Booth and Muriel and lastly Abby MacCall and Cameron Michaels. Be prepared for a read of not only romances that are going on in this small Cali
Ana T.
Although I am a series lover it is not always that I feel like (or get the chance to) reading them all in a row as it is happening with this series. I have been pondering about what attracts me to it. I think it is about the fact that I seem to be watching the community being built. Not just grow... I actually feel that with each book that something is still missing and I think that is what keeps me from giving higher grades.
I keep reading because I know that when it feels completed it will make
orannia
Edited review

Three and a half stars. Temptation Ridge is not a badly written book, but I have some serious issues with the direction the series is taking. I'm sure you all know right from the get go that this is less of a review and more of a rant. Those of you who follow my status updates on GoodReads will have a fair idea what I thought of this book.... but since I have a hard time keeping quiet... *grin*

So, where to start? Certain things still work well with this series - I love the small tow
SheLove2Read
Temptation Ridge is the 5th book in Robyn Carr's series about the people in Virgin River, and the 2nd in the 2nd "trilogy". This is mainly Shelby & Luke's story, although others have side stories in the book.

Pro's:
Shelby & Luke - good, believable romance
Luke - tough and masculine hero, alpha male
Mel & Jack - love their continuing storyline
Art - I really enjoyed reading a storyline about a disabled person that wasn't condescending

Con's:
Vanni - cannot stand her character. Too much of a
valee
This author is going to kill me. I read a 5 stars rating book then a 2 stars. Then a 5 again, then a 2 again. I just don't know what to make about this series. Loved books 1,2,4 and this one. Almost hated books 3 and 5.This was an amazing story. So sweet. I'm not writing a review because there are so many already. Just wanted to say I adored this one. They main characters made an amazing couple.

I must admit I do not have much hopes for the next book. I already hate Cam's heroine. I loved, loved
Julianna
Jul 12, 2012 Julianna rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Heartwarming, Small-Town Romances
Reviewed for THC Reviews
Robyn Carr has really been on a roll lately with the Virgin River series. When I first started the series, I enjoyed the stories, but wasn't quite as impressed as other readers seemed to be. However, with each book I've read, they seem to keep getting better and better. In Temptation Ridge, Ms. Carr builds on the character of Shelby MacIntyre who was first introduced in Whispering Rock and pairs her with a brand new hero who has just come to town, tough guy and former Bla
Jenny E
This was BY FAR my favorite book of the series so far. I really liked the characters, and I could really relate to the heroine and the issues in their relationship. I got choked up a couple times during this story because I could definitely relate to some of the relationship issues and feelings.

This possibly could have been a five-star book, but the repetition gets annoying - re-hashing everyone's story!

Then, the Cameron plotline... I don't even know about that, but this is why I can't quit th
Amy
PB/Romance: Well, Shelby puts the V in Virgin River. I had the same reaction as Luke, "Really, you're how old?" Personally, I wouldn't give their romance two years. Why? Well, for one thing, they only talk about how much they want each other, but in the next breath, say how much they don't have in common. Yes, I see Shelby getting really bored being with Luke. She hasn't lived yet and he is ready to settle down.
The better story is Cam and Abby. I bored with Muriel and the Colonel.
It was okay.
Brenda (b)
The Virgin River saga continues and I love it. I feel like I'm repeating myself with my thoughts on these books but I've liked them all for the same reasons. I love the way these books are written -- the characters feel so real to me and the close-knit community draws me in. I've been trying to space out my reading of the series so I can savor these books.
Carol

Not as good as the previous books but still good. I hate plots where people mess things up because they won't talk to each other. I enjoyed the new character, Art, a young man with Down syndrome. I hope he continues to be featured the series.
Jackie Lane
After Shelby's mother dies, she packs up and plans to move on with her life, moving in with her uncle, until she can sort her life out.

Shelby meets Luke Riordan, a handsome former Blackhawk Pilot, who is older than her 25 years and has just retired from 20 years of service.

Luke has purchased some cabins with his brother and he is in the process of fixing them up. Luke was not looking for a commitment. He was set in his ways and very happy with his life, but sometimes two wrongs can make a right.
Edna Lyn
Darcy
I always love reading this series, it is like going home to a bunch of friends that you haven't seen for a long time. The couple of this book were so very sweet, especially Shelby. We had met her in earlier books and I really felt sorry for her situation. Watching these 2 pussyfoot around each other was so much fun, Shelby really knew what she wanted, but Luke was so reluctant, but Shelby finally wore him down.

We also had such bigger issues that the town had to deal with, things that caused the
Jenny Trout
I thought this was a really enjoyable book with a believable romance. However, the hero's constant references to how young the heroine looked when he thought about how sexy she was... yurgh. I was totally behind their age difference being on his mind when he thought about how it would affect them relationship wise, but those thoughts were creepy in the context of how hot he thought she was. It also left me wondering if he would be as hot for her when she didn't still look like "jail bait" and go ...more
Barbara
What I love most about Robyn Carr’s books are her characters. They are realistic and relatable, even if their circumstances and situations are not. She writes about people I would want to know if they weren’t fictional.

In the sixth entry in her Virgin River series, we meet 25-year-old virgin Shelby McIntyre. She’s rather naïve about the world, as she’s spent much of her time caring for an ailing mother. She wants travel, adventure, and romance. Her “Mr. Right” will have a clean-shaven jaw, creas
Booklover, Indianapolis
(Apr) What a great book! Shelby was a terrific heroine - not tstl, not annoying, a joy to spend time with. Luke had a few personal issues that I worried about him dealing with, but in the end he got his act together pretty well. Glad to see the rest of the gang doing so well - Art is a great addition to the VR family, and glad to see everyone else moving on with their lives in such positive ways. Keeping my fingers crossed for Abby and Cam - and hoping to see more of Luke's brothers in future bo ...more
Sammy
I really liked Shelby and Luke. They were a good match for each other. Again the Muriel story bored me. Honestly it's kind of like your parents having sex. You know they do it but you don't really want to hear about it. LOL. I liked Vanni much better in this one. She actually acts normal. Love Cam, but Abby is a little bit of a drama queen. Starting to think all of Vanni's friends are a little unstable. None the less i'm hooked and will read the next one.
78sunny
Ich werde hier nicht viel sagen, da es der 6. Teil der Virgin River Reihe ist. Ich bin der Meinung, dass man diese Reihe nur richtig genießen kann, wenn man sie der Reihe nach liest. Hier werden einfach zu viele Personen erwähnt und spielen gar eine vordergründige Rolle, als das man quer einsteigen sollte.

Die Pärchen, die dieses mal eine Rolle spielen sind Muriel und Walt (die man bereits beide kennt) sowie Shelby (Walts Nichte, die ebenfalls bereits bekannt ist) und Luke Riordan. Letzterer ist
Caroline Malpas
Ok, this Is the first book I've read from Robyn Carr, and apart from getting a little muddled with the amount of couples that were either together already or getting together, it was really really good read..
Shelby and Ryan - she's a virgin, he's ex army and has sworn off serious relationships after having his heartbroken in the past.
Although the main storyline focuses on Shelby and Ryan developing relationship, there are secondary characters starting up new relationships which were all really
Pamela(AllHoney)
Ok, #6 of the Virgin River series and an excellent continuation. If it wasn't for the fact that several more of the series will be released in the future I'd be disappointed in the way certain things were left hanging. But I know that Ms Carr will step up to the plate and tie those loose ends up. This book is focused on Luke Riordan and Shelby McIntyre relationship.
Western and Medie...: Temptation Ridge [Virgin River #6] by Robyn Carr (Start Date: April, 2014) 7 8 Apr 02, 2014 04:09AM
Absolute Favorite Book? 9 22 Feb 24, 2014 03:27PM
  • That Holiday Feeling (Includes: Virgin River, #8 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Almost Perfect (Fool's Gold, #2)
  • Angel's Rest (Eternity Springs, #1)
  • Sugar Creek (Destiny, #2)
  • Phantom Waltz
  • Moonlight Cove (Chesapeake Shores, #6)
  • Tyler (Montana Creeds, #3)
  • Snowfall at Willow Lake (Lakeshore Chronicles, #4)
  • Instant Gratification (Wilder, #2)
A RITA award-winning author of 25 novels, Robyn Carr has found a whole new following with her stories about the independent women and former marines of Virgin River."

RT's Career Achievement Best Author Award winner (2010) for Contemporary Romance.
More about Robyn Carr...
Virgin River (Virgin River, #1) Shelter Mountain (Virgin River, #2) Whispering Rock (Virgin River, #3) A Virgin River Christmas (Virgin River, #4) Wild Man Creek (Virgin River, #14)

“He stared at her and his smile slowly faded. He put his hands on his hips. He took a deep breath and felt tears gather in his eyes. “You’re all I need to be happy, Shelby,” he said. “You’re everything I need…”
He actually surprised her. Her arms dropped from over her chest and she gaped at him for a second.
“You’re everything,” he said. “It scares me to death, but I want it all with you. I want you for life. I want what you want, and I want it right now. Everything, Shelby. I want you to be the lead in my shoes that keeps me on the ground. The mother of my children. My best friend, my wife, my mistress. It’s a tall order.” He took a breath.
“If you won’t quit, I won’t.”
14 likes
“...-you know no one wanted to see the old boy go. I bet where ever he is, the fishing's good"
"Given his surely behavior, the fish might be fried where he is,”
1 likes