Start by marking “Tentación en el viento (Virgin River, #6)” as Want to Read:
Tentación en el viento (Virgin River, #6)

Tentación en el viento (Virgin River #6)

4.24  ·  Rating Details ·  9,908 Ratings  ·  436 Reviews
A los veinticinco, después de pasarse los últimos cinco años cuidando de su madre, ha llegado el momento de que Shelby experimente lo que es la libertad y la aventura. Es hora de viajar, de ir a la universidad y de enamorarse. Pero cuando visita Virgin River, se tropieza con Luke Riordan, que no era precisamente a quien tenía en mente.

Luke era un apuesto piloto de helicóp
Mass Market Paperback, 416 pages
Published October 2010 by Harlequin (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Tentación en el viento, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tentación en el viento

Dec 04, 2013 Auntee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of contemporary romance
Wow, wow, wow! Another big winner by the talented Robyn Carr--this may be my favorite of the series since book #1, "Virgin River". There was just something about these characters that grabbed me emotionally. I loved the strength and courage of the heroine, Shelby McIntyre, who was determined to live her life to the fullest after spending years as her dying mother's devoted caretaker. And I loved the hero, former Army Blackhawk pilot Luke Riordan, who may not have been what Shelby thought she was ...more
Jun 02, 2016 ♥Rachel♥ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, audio-book
Shelby was amazing. Luke tried my patience, but I still loved him, too. I can understand his reluctance because of his past, but come on! And don't make the decision for your partner of what they want or need.

I'm looking forward to more of Abby and Cameron. I wanted to shake Abby, though.

Walt and Muriel have a great thing going, and I'm thrilled that we get to see romance with characters of this age. I mean, look at Harrison Ford! He's well past Walt's 60 (or is it 61? too lazy to look up) and
5+ stars – Contemporary Romance

I’ve been reading this series straight through from the very beginning over the past week and have found myself totally and happily immersed in the charming, small town community life of Virgin River.

The spotlight couple of Temptation Ridge is Shelby and Luke, and I really loved both characters and enjoyed their realistic romantic progression, but I wanted more of them and the ending left me yearning a bit. For some reason, this time around, the parallel storylines
♡Karlyn P♡
Fantastic addition to the series. I agree with other reviews who rate this right up their with book 1 Virgin River. (I also agree that it was difficult not to read in one sitting!! I was up all night!) The main romance in this book is with Luke and Shelby, and it was a beautiful romance. Shelby is the kind of heroine I like to read: smart, fun, level-headed. We also get to see some continuing characters as well as meet a few new ones. There are a lot of emotions in this book from happy, funny, t ...more
Aug 26, 2016 MadMaxie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A former Black Hawk pilot. Need I say more?

I'm giving this book five strong stars.

photo giphy_zpshjd23sgn.gif

That's it. That's my review.
Please bear with me as I stumble through this review. I’ve been sitting staring blankly at the screen for a full minute, because I’m still not sure what I think of this book. It has some absolutely wonderful moments, and some powerfully tragic ones, too. But it seems like it’s taken me six books to finally start getting irritated with things that have bothered other readers right from the start.

For a start: Mel. I’ve never been particularly bothered by her character or the author’s penchant for
4 Stars

These books are the perfect "getting into the holiday spirit" type of read. They have a quaint, almost Hallmark-movie type feel to them that leaves me feeling uplifted. That said, I don't think I'd have the patience to read them, as they're not as couple centered as I prefer in my romances. However, I've loved listening to them as I go about my day.
Feb 20, 2009 jenjn79 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continutation of a series
Yet another excellent edition to the Virgin River series. I think I liked Second Chance Pass just a smidge I'd probably rate this one 4.75 stars. But it was still a great book to read. I had a few minor quibbles, but overall, I enjoyed it a lot.

Temptation Ridge, the sixth book in the Virgin River series, takes up back to Virgin River where you catch up with existing characters, meet some new ones, see some previous ones return, and say a last goodbye to another. Shelby McIntyre, who wa
Jan 01, 2013 ❀angela rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nook, romance
I know there are a lot of fans who are thrilled with the updates about previous main characters, but I haven't been reading these in order. I was really bored reading about characters I didn't care about, and there were a lot of them. Not just the previous main characters, but newly introduced characters that were thrown in because the author wanted to have three romance plot lines. I'm usually all for secondary characters but one too many things were going on in this book.
Beanbag Love
Mar 10, 2010 Beanbag Love rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good installment. I really liked Shelby and Luke. Shelby was a great romantic heroine. Different from a lot of the typical ones in that she wasn't experienced at all, but she wasn't a fluffy doormat, either. You can definitely see why Luke falls for her.

And why she falls for Luke. *throws ice water in face*

Anyway, there are some sad things that cause tears and some happy things that cause tears and a lot of smiles along the way. In short, a typical Virgin River book.

My one huge compl
Aug 21, 2015 Sue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, audible
Definitely enjoyed this one, it wasn't a single couple story but several. New characters were added to Virgin River, Luke Riordan a former black hawk pilot and Shelby, General Booth's niece.

The Riordan's are going to be exactly what the series needed, 5 soldier brothers that will be rolling off their service and likely bound for Virgin River. Muriel and Walt (General Booth) have sparked a lovely romance, she formerly Hollywood royalty and he all Army they make for a fun couple. Then there is th
Loved it! I've enjoyed all the Virgin River books, but this is the best one since the first hit the shelves, imo. Be sure to read the series in order because the characters continue to develop with each book.

Neat reading about the earlier characters and getting updated on them: Mel and Jack, Brie and Mike, Preacher (John) and Paige, Walt and Muriel, and many more. This book did not have the Shady Brady (Dan) character in it, though.

The two main characters in this one were Luke Riordan and Shel
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
Re-read for Wobble 2016.

Just as good the second time round. One of the great small town series.
Temptation Ridge is the 5th book in Robyn Carr's series about the people in Virgin River, and the 2nd in the 2nd "trilogy". This is mainly Shelby & Luke's story, although others have side stories in the book.

Shelby & Luke - good, believable romance
Luke - tough and masculine hero, alpha male
Mel & Jack - love their continuing storyline
Art - I really enjoyed reading a storyline about a disabled person that wasn't condescending

Vanni - cannot stand her character. Too much of a
Jul 12, 2012 Julianna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Heartwarming, Small-Town Romances
Reviewed for THC Reviews
Robyn Carr has really been on a roll lately with the Virgin River series. When I first started the series, I enjoyed the stories, but wasn't quite as impressed as other readers seemed to be. However, with each book I've read, they seem to keep getting better and better. In Temptation Ridge, Ms. Carr builds on the character of Shelby MacIntyre who was first introduced in Whispering Rock and pairs her with a brand new hero who has just come to town, tough guy and former Bla
Mar 07, 2015 Cyndi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is very good. I continue to come back, for the characters, the story and the fine portraits of love, grace and community.
Judy  at Musings and Ramblings
I am a blurb reader. I admit it freely. I am picky about the books that I read and especially for well established series, I will read blurbs from several of the books to see where it headed. If I am going to invest some significant time into a series, I want to be really sure that it will be worth the energy for the long haul. All this is to lead up to the fact that I am dreading the next book, Paradise Valley. So I was a major procrastinator for this book. Why? Because the next book deals with ...more
Title: Temptation Ridge (A Virgin River Novel)
Author: Robyn Carr
Publisher: Mira Books
Series: Virgin River #6
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: 5

"Temptation Ridge" by Robyn Carr was a beautiful contemporary novel of the Virgin River #6 that featured three romances. The main storyline was of Shelby McIntyre and Luke Riordan...then it moves on to Walt Booth and Muriel and lastly Abby MacCall and Cameron Michaels. Be prepared for a read of not only romances that are going on in this small Cali
Ana T.
Mar 24, 2014 Ana T. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although I am a series lover it is not always that I feel like (or get the chance to) reading them all in a row as it is happening with this series. I have been pondering about what attracts me to it. I think it is about the fact that I seem to be watching the community being built. Not just grow... I actually feel that with each book that something is still missing and I think that is what keeps me from giving higher grades.
I keep reading because I know that when it feels completed it will make
Dec 11, 2013 valee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cont-romance
This author is going to kill me. I read a 5 stars rating book then a 2 stars. Then a 5 again, then a 2 again. I just don't know what to make about this series. Loved books 1,2,4 and this one. Almost hated books 3 and 5.This was an amazing story. So sweet. I'm not writing a review because there are so many already. Just wanted to say I adored this one. They main characters made an amazing couple.

I must admit I do not have much hopes for the next book. I already hate Cam's heroine. I loved, loved
3.5 stars. An enjoyable installment in the Virgin River series. Temptation Ridge brings some significant changes to Virgin River that set up the little town for more happenings in later books.

I really enjoy all the characters in this series. Temptation Ridge brings some good scenes with Mel and Jack. Mel is back to work and struggling with issues as a new mom of two very young children. Brie has her first child. The main storyline was sweet, passionate and sometimes heartbreaking. There are thr
Karen ♐
I love this series. Luke is a retired Black Hawk pilot who comes to Virgin River as he bought a house and some cabins to renovate and sell. He meets Shelby, who spent the last 5 years taking care of her sick mother. Her mother has died and Shelby is ready to get on with her life. He's trying to stay away from her as she is 25 and he is 38 but, of course, love prevails. There are some tears and of course, some laughter in this book. There are continuations of the stories for characters in previou ...more
Pam Nelson
5 Temptation Stars

Boy Howdy! I LOVE this series!!!!

If you have already read this book then you know you need the tissues.. That’s all I am going to say on that.

We have meet Shelby in other books and we root for her because she really hasn’t had it easy for a long time. But she take it all in stride that girl. She meets Luke who comes to Virgin River to build his cabins.

He finds a place like no other in Virgin River and he finds himself falling in love with a women who may not have a lot of e
Brenda (b)
The Virgin River saga continues and I love it. I feel like I'm repeating myself with my thoughts on these books but I've liked them all for the same reasons. I love the way these books are written -- the characters feel so real to me and the close-knit community draws me in. I've been trying to space out my reading of the series so I can savor these books.
Feb 25, 2016 Natalie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, drama, chick-lit
Another amazing, smooth, heart-felt read by Carr in the Virgin River series. I love that we can keep up with all the other characters and their romances: their relationships, the weddings and babies. Is this series unrealistic? For sure it is. Does it make you feel good? Hell yes. I am happy to suspend my disbelief and dive into a book full of love, brotherhood, good people and good feelings once in awhile. While Luke is frustrating, Shelby is completely stubborn, strong and spunky. There's an a ...more
Jackie Lane
Nov 20, 2012 Jackie Lane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After Shelby's mother dies, she packs up and plans to move on with her life, moving in with her uncle, until she can sort her life out.

Shelby meets Luke Riordan, a handsome former Blackhawk Pilot, who is older than her 25 years and has just retired from 20 years of service.

Luke has purchased some cabins with his brother and he is in the process of fixing them up. Luke was not looking for a commitment. He was set in his ways and very happy with his life, but sometimes two wrongs can make a right.
Edited review

Three and a half stars. Temptation Ridge is not a badly written book, but I have some serious issues with the direction the series is taking. I'm sure you all know right from the get go that this is less of a review and more of a rant. Those of you who follow my status updates on GoodReads will have a fair idea what I thought of this book.... but since I have a hard time keeping quiet... *grin*

So, where to start? Certain things still work well with this series - I love the small tow
Jul 26, 2013 Charlene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Warning: as you near the end of this book, DO NOT read in public! I found myself a simpering mess, tears running down my cheeks at the final pages of this one.

I loved Shelby, and how strong and determined she was. At the tender age of 25, she's come through so much and only wanted to find what everyone else seemed to have - someone to love. She finds Luke, but both of them fool themselves into thinking the relationship was short-term and nothing serious. Of course, this is Virgin River...and we
Nov 04, 2009 Edna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Western and Medie...: Temptation Ridge [Virgin River #6] by Robyn Carr (Start Date: April, 2014) 7 8 Apr 02, 2014 04:09AM
Absolute Favorite Book? 9 24 Feb 24, 2014 03:27PM
  • That Holiday Feeling (Virgin River, #7.5; Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Sugar Creek (Destiny, #2)
  • Hummingbird Lake (Eternity Springs, #2)
  • Under Her Skin (Lone Star Sisters, #1)
  • Beach Lane (Chesapeake Shores #7)
  • More Than Words, Volume 6 (Virgin River, #10.1)
  • Creed's Honor (Montana Creeds, #6)
  • My Sunshine (Kendrick/Coulter/Harrigan, #6)
A RITA award-winning author of 25 novels, Robyn Carr has found a whole new following with her stories about the independent women and former marines of Virgin River."

RT's Career Achievement Best Author Award winner (2010) for Contemporary Romance.

RWA's Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award recipient 2016
More about Robyn Carr...

Virgin River (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Virgin River (Virgin River, #1)
  • Shelter Mountain (Virgin River, #2)
  • Whispering Rock (Virgin River, #3)
  • A Virgin River Christmas (Virgin River, #4)
  • Second Chance Pass (Virgin River, #5)
  • Paradise Valley (Virgin River, #7)
  • Forbidden Falls (Virgin River, #8)
  • Angel's Peak (Virgin River, #9)
  • Moonlight Road (Virgin River, #10)
  • Promise Canyon (Virgin River, #11)

“He stared at her and his smile slowly faded. He put his hands on his hips. He took a deep breath and felt tears gather in his eyes. “You’re all I need to be happy, Shelby,” he said. “You’re everything I need…”
He actually surprised her. Her arms dropped from over her chest and she gaped at him for a second.
“You’re everything,” he said. “It scares me to death, but I want it all with you. I want you for life. I want what you want, and I want it right now. Everything, Shelby. I want you to be the lead in my shoes that keeps me on the ground. The mother of my children. My best friend, my wife, my mistress. It’s a tall order.” He took a breath.
“If you won’t quit, I won’t.”
“You've been treading water," she said. "You're marking the years, not living them.” 2 likes