Start by marking “Zombies in New York and Other Bloody Jottings” as Want to Read:
Zombies in New York and Other Bloody Jottings

Zombies in New York and Other Bloody Jottings

Zombies roam the streets of New York City … Clowns die in mysteriously humorous ways … Jack the Rippers crimes are investigated by a vampire … Welcome to the horrific and poetic world of Sam Stone, where Angels are stalking the undead and a vampire becomes obsessed with a centuries-old werewolf. Terror and lust go hand in hand in the disturbing world of the Toymaker, and ...more
Published February 1st 2011 by TELOS

To ask other readers questions about Zombies in New York and Other Bloody Jottings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zombies in New York and Other Bloody Jottings

Batsap
May 23, 2012 Batsap rated it liked it
Shelves: horror, short-stories
Kind of an addictive book to read. Over the few days that I read it, I was slightly obsessed with it and whenever I wasn't reading it, I wanted to be reading it.
I absolutely love the front cover for this. Clowns are just the most awesome thing... and a zombie clown? Even better! There are illustrations at the beginning of each short story and poem, too, which I thought was a classy touch.
At the end of each story/poem Sam Stone has written a little about the inspiration behind it. I enjoyed read
Paul
Jan 27, 2012 Paul rated it liked it
This collection is split into three sections. The first seven short tales fall under the banner heading of Lucrezia’s Stories. Lucrezia is the main character from another novel called Futile Flame, which is part of the Vampire Gene series. The second section, called Other Bloody Jottings contains six one off short stories. The collection is rounded off with six poems

Of the thirteen stories that make up the main body of the anthology my personal favourites are listed below.

Fools Gold – I have to
Jane
Sep 18, 2012 Jane rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this collection of short stories and poetry.

The first part of the book deals with one of her characters from the Vampire Gene series of novels. Lucrezia and offers the reader further insight into one of the series most enigmatic characters. I particularly liked Fools Gold and Ameline because of their historical elements. I also really enjoyed Tar and Red as a sequence as it offered development and insight into Lucrezia.

For me the stand out of the Other Bloody Jottings was Chille
Kelly Beckett
Sep 05, 2013 Kelly Beckett rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Zombies In New York by Sam Stone is one of my favourite books as it is one of the very few books which left me feeling jumpy afterwards especially when I read The Toymakers House. My favourite story besides Zombies In New York has to be Immortal Monster as I loved how this story was deliberately ambiguous and left the read to interpret their own ideas as to what really happened. I love that Sam does not shy away from the gore like some authors do. A nice touch I found was the authors notes at ...more
Ken Hillson
Jan 17, 2015 Ken Hillson rated it liked it
There are some great ideas here, even though I am no fan of zombies. Alas, the book was let down by some soft writing. If it had been tighter (perhaps it needed a stronger editor) the stories would've been fast-packed excitement. The first part deals with a character taken from one of Sam Stone's other books, from the Vampire Gene series. But I preferred the non-Lucrezia tales. By the way, I loved the cover art and the interior drawings.
AudioBookReviewer
Nov 07, 2012 AudioBookReviewer rated it really liked it
Please find my review here: http://audiobookreviewer.com/Audioboo...
Helen
Helen rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2016
Francesca
Francesca rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2014
Paul Kearns
Paul Kearns rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2016
Erin
Erin rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2012
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2011
Lance Langford
Lance Langford rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2016
Jane Caruana
Sep 27, 2014 Jane Caruana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very enjoyable collection a chills :)
Jeanette Marie
Jeanette Marie rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2014
Anna
Anna rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2013
Lori Edmondson
Lori Edmondson rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2014
Paul Tokarski
Paul Tokarski rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2016
Paulo
Paulo rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2014
Sandy
Sandy rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2015
Clair
Clair rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2015
Rachel Redhead
Rachel Redhead rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2015
Jenny / Wondrous Reads
Jenny / Wondrous Reads marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2011
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2012
Tarrin Lupo
Tarrin Lupo marked it as to-read
May 16, 2011
Carolyn  Storer
Carolyn Storer marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2011
Moloko
Moloko marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2011
Jessica Dumitru
Jessica Dumitru marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2011
Jia Hui
Jia Hui marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2011
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2011
Katrina
Katrina marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2012
Lela
Lela marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2012
Lella
Lella added it
May 23, 2012
Randy Harmelink
Randy Harmelink marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2012
Tammy G.Beard
Tammy G.Beard marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2012
Karl Burnett
Karl Burnett marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2012
Nicole Hansen
Nicole Hansen marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2012
Xiri
Xiri marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2012
Newgdream
Newgdream marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2012
Lucy Hill
Lucy Hill marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2012
Wanda Hartzenberg
Wanda Hartzenberg marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2012
Ms. Nikki
Ms. Nikki marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2012
Bill
Bill marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2012
YA Book Bum
YA Book Bum marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2013
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2013
Susan Greenwood
Susan Greenwood marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
'Mistress of the grisly and the glutinous' - GRAHAM MASTERTON

'A deceptively readable date with darkness – watch your step! This book is lit for the much more discerning chick (and cock) who likes to walk in the shadows. Relax with it, but be prepared for sudden jewels and little masterpieces – and the rug to be pulled from under your feet.’ - TANITH LEE on Killing Kiss.

HORROR/FANTASY AUTHOR.