Start by marking “High Flow (EMS Heat, #7)” as Want to Read:
High Flow (EMS Heat, #7)

High Flow (EMS Heat #7)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  471 ratings  ·  30 reviews
When Forrest learns that he's being transferred to Pontiac, the young paramedic is excited. Not only did he grow up in the Michigan city, but the move will put him closer to his ailing father. Then the night before he leaves Flint, he's viciously attacked in a bar parking lot and nearly dies. After he heals and moves to Pontiac, he vows to put the horrible experience behin ...more
Published February 1st 2011 by eXtasy Books

To ask other readers questions about High Flow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about High Flow

Zero at the Bone by Jane SevilleFrog by Mary CalmesNo Souvenirs by K.A. MitchellWhere He Ends and I Begin by Cardeno C.One of Those Days by Zathyn Priest
Best Gay Doctors
16th out of 108 books — 197 voters
Hot Head by Damon SuedeCollision Course by K.A. Mitchell911 by Chris OwenKeeping Promise Rock by Amy LaneWith Caution by J.L. Langley
Best Gay Firemen/Paramedics/EMTs
67th out of 120 books — 263 voters

More lists with this book...

Ami
To be honest, from all of Stephani Hecht's series, "EMS series" is my least favorite. Probably because I cannot imagine new situation/plot that can comes from it. Basically, it will be between an EMT/Doctor/Nurse (or possible Fireman, such as in Dylan/Kaleb's story), who meets and fall instantly in love. After so many books, it becomes repetitive. It doesn't have the threat or possible action that present in her "Drone Vampire Chronicles" and "Lost-Shifter" series.

The start of this story is a bi
Alina
Wow, that was for sure an angsty one!
I really felt for Forrest - poor guy had to face alot of bad stuff, glad he's found happyness at the end. And as much as I like the gang from the previous books it was time to move the story to another place, because one more couple - and it'd be 'everyone in hospital is gay' cliche. Liked Kaleb and Dylan's cameo, though.
The only thing I didn't like is Forrest's attitude about his sister and her bully friends. How could he let them insult him in his own home
Isabella
Chris
Good m/m romance about a medic who was gay bashed and now can't let anyone get close or touch him. But maybe the handsome doctor in the ER will be patient enough to past his defenses...
ReviewerLarissa
I loved this one! Forrest is so incredibly caring and sweet! More please!
CrazyMoo
4.5

Usually Stephani Hecht's books don't make me cry but this one made me a little teary.

Thank you to the author for this book.

Tam
Apr 22, 2011 Tam rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m

This takes the story from Flint down to Pontiac (up to?). The night he was celebrating his new job with his friends in Flint, Forrest is beaten, raped and nearly killed. However he has recovered, and is working his new job while trying to care for his father who was injured in a car accident, and his teenage brother. He meets new Dr. in town, Patrick, who is interested but Forrest is still freaked from his attack, and can't let anyone touch him. As well he's occupied with his father and
Barb Manning
High Flow is the bittersweet story of Forrest and Patrick. Forrest is a paramedic and Patrick is a physician. The two young men meet during an emergency call at the hospital where Patrick works. Patrick is immediately smitten, but Forrest is hiding a very dark secret, and is afraid to let anyone get near him.

Both men are new to Pontiac, Michigan and almost from the start co-workers and friends are conspiring to get them together. Forrest is working very hard to care for his ailing father and his
Nic
The EMS Heat Series by Stephanie Hecht

I’m reviewing this entire series in one go because they all have similar themes. Each book is short and sweet – little bite-sized stories when you want to pick up something quick to read (I read each one in one sitting).

This is one of those series (previously called St Michael’s) that centres on a group of men who work in emergency services. It is a glorious combination of EMTs, firemen, nurses, doctors…

Each book is relatively short (<100 pages) and make
Peggy
High Flow is a story about an EMS, Forrest, and Doctor, Patrick, who fall instantly in love at the first meeting. There are problems of course, Forrest has a difficult family life and has suffered a traumatic attack in the recent past. Patrick a less well-developed character; he is the perfect boyfriend for Forrest. Perfect in every way, no downsides or angst at all. Although much of the story is from his point of view, he remains a prop on stage around which Forrest's story flows
This is a Petit
LDL
Where was the young brother at the end of this book?
Stephanie
Lily

This is book seven and a nice continuation of the EMS Heat series. The story is about Forrest, a paramedic, and Patrick who is a doctor. They come from different backgrounds/life experiences and are both genuinely nice guys. Forrest has gone through a really horrible experience which left him unable to get close to anyone until Patrick comes into his life. It was nice to revisit some of the characters from previous books and overall I enjoyed reading this book.
Lucy
I love the EMS series but this one was lacking something for me. Forrest is a great character, and itw as tough to read of his attack. His reaction in the aftermath seemed so real, until the instalove with Patrick. It seemed there should have been at least a little conflict there, instead it was love at first conversation. The run-ins with Bertha, however, priceless.
Janie
I'm so glad that Forrest let Patrick in, they make such a loving couple and I'm so glad that Forrest was able to let himself be loved as he deserved it so much! And OMG I love Todd, he was funny as hell and such a great brother to Forrest.
Lori S.
Thin. Even if it's in the middle of a series, it should be able to stand on its own and doesn't quite. To be fair, I will have to read others in the series, perhaps more going on than I picked up with just this story.
Andy
Sep 10, 2012 Andy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: gay
There is definitely a lot of sexual tension between Patrick and Forrest but for me it was not entirely believable why Forrest should have no problem with being touched with this one man out of the blue.
Anna
Despite not being a very long read - this story delivered a tale that made you feel as if you had read a novel of serious weight. Well done.
Tina_K
Holy hell, are we really leaving Flint?

Yup we did, though we still got to see some of the boys.

Decent addition to the series.
Meggie
The text flown easily and fast. The plot was good and we got an HEA. It was good easy story, but the emotions were not as deep or real.
Summer
I really liked the story, but this one had to be longer because one doesn't get over a tramatic experience that quickly.
Tana
Feb 01, 2011 Tana rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
Another good story by Stephani Hecht, I can't wait for more.
Lee Brazil
Stephani Hecht always tells a nice story,
Clover
cute story between a paramedic and a doctor.
Anja
2.5 stars.

Insta-love.
Nicole
  • Breaking Logan's Laws (Quinn Security, #4)
  • Fireman's Carry (Carry Me, #1)
  • Ghost from the Past (Cattle Valley, #22)
  • Handcuffs and Leather (Rawlings Men, #1)
  • Face Value (Sanctuary, #3)
  • Heart Doctor (City Hospital, #1)
  • Only His Heart (Only Forever #3)
  • Taking Care of Charlie (Yearning Love, #1)
  • Point of Beginning (The Gentlemen's Club, #1)
  • Search Me (Cover Me, #3)
  • Sandpipers' Secrets (Sandpipers, #1)
  • Alternative Treatment
  • A Heart Without Borders
  • Beneath the Shield (Arbor Heights #1)
  • Simply Perfection (Perfect Love, #4)
  • Wings of Love (Love, #1)
  • The Magic in Your Touch (Reed, #1)
  • Cowboy Keeper (Blaecleah Brothers, #2)
2047242
Stephani Hecht is a happily married mother of two. Born and raised in Michigan, she loves all things about the state, from the frigid winters to the Detroit Red Wings hockey team. Go Wings! You can usually find her snuggled up to her laptop, creating her next book or gorging on caffeine at her favorite coffee shop.

When she’s not running around like crazy, trying to get her kids to their various ac
More about Stephani Hecht...

EMS Heat (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Running Hot (EMS Heat, #1)
  • Man Down (EMS Heat, #2)
  • Lights and Sirens (EMS Heat, #3)
  • Priority One (EMS Heat, #4)
  • Code Blue (EMS Heat, #5)
  • Red Lights and Silver Bells (EMS Heat, #6)
  • Three-Alarm Fire (EMS Heat, #8)
  • Shades of the Past (EMS Heat, #9)
  • In His Hero's Shadow (EMS Heat, #10)
  • Life Over Limb (EMS Heat, #11)
Primal Passions (Lost Shifters, #1) Savage Awakenings (Lost Shifters, #3) Carnal Intentions (Lost Shifters, #4) A Feral Christmas (Lost Shifters, #2) An Assassin's Touch (Lost Shifters, #9)