Start by marking “Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, Volume 15 (20th Century Boys, #15)” as Want to Read:
Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, Volume 15 (20th Century Boys, #15)

Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, Volume 15 (20th Century Boys #15)

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  704 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Reads R to L (Japanese Style), for audiences T+

Sorting through the volumes of research his dearly departed mentor left behind, a young priest, recently returned to Rome, stumbles across a mysterious (and potentially dangerous) book that prophesizes the end of the world. Uncertain as to the text's true meaning, Brother Luciano's search quickly leads him to a startling rev

Published June 21st 2011 by VIZ Media (first published December 25th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, Volume 15, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, Volume 15

Norman Cook
The tension is ratcheted up as the Pope arrives in Japan. Will Kanna and company be in time to thwart the Friends from assassinating him? Or is there an even more malevolent plan in the works? It could well be the end of the world, yet there is a glimmer of hope riding across the rainbow.
Christopher
This is quite possibly the volume of 20th Century Boys yet. Naoki Urasawa has brought his game with this new volume. The return of some "friends" make this a thrilling and compulsive read. Urasawa has created a genuinely terrifying villian who thrills and chills you at the same time. There are images in this volume that will stick with me for quite awhile. Can't wait for #16.
Mikael Kuoppala
For a few volumes already the "20th Century Boys" saga has been building up to a recreation of the 1971 World Expo, an important event in the childhood of the main characters. In a near-future totalitarian Japan that very same Expo with its futuristic pavilions is rising again, overshadowed by the death of the country's recently deceased dictator only known as The Friend. For a while now our protagonists opposing the government have known that the Pope is going to the expo and a prophecy the Fri ...more
Brad
Why am I upset with this manga, now, after so much praise? It's not because of the perfectly balanced foreshadowing. Nor is it because I kind of half-expected this storytime outcome. No. I'm upset because I wanted the bad guy to have stayed dead and have the adventure continue as cleverly as it had before.

Although, if I'm going to be perfectly honest, seeing the pope get saved like that was pretty funny, even if it brings up a whole mess of messiah like complications. I mean, seriously!

Brad K Ho
Lusionnelle Wind
Well... I still want to see the end of it but i'm quite disappointed of how things go. Its just a little bit too much, I guess.
So bad while the previous volumes were so good!
Joy
Billy Abbott
Introduction of even more characters (with backstories) and a chunk of plotline, and then have the denouement of part 2 of the arc? And give a 3 page teaser of the next volume which opens up another chunk of potential that we all hoped would appear? Only another 7 books to go...
Nia
'Sahabat' hidup lagi bahkan bertemu dengan Paus di ajang Expo....

Disinilah 'Sahabat' melindungi Paus dalam rangka aksi penembakan yang dilakukan oleh sniper, yang mengincar Paus...
Rob
Urasawa never tires of restlessly reinventing this story with each passing volume. Brilliant.
Stephen
Things are really starting to hot up now. Very exciting. This was a good volume.
Fredrik Strömberg
Upping the ante yet again, and keeping my interest going. Not bad for a 15th volume.
Michael
Not to damn with faint praise, but hands down the best manga i've ever read.
Robert
This is the end (of the world), my friend. This is the end.
Vladimir Vasquez
Apr 30, 2012 Vladimir Vasquez marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandonado
NO me gustó, demasiado Deus Ex Machina para mi gusto.
muataz
muataz added it
Apr 25, 2015
Jawaher
Jawaher marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Waleed Aljubier
Waleed Aljubier marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
  • Mushishi, Volume 3
  • Planetes, Volume 2 (Planetes, #2)
  • Real, Volume 1
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 10 (Battle Royale, #10)
  • ¡Yotsuba! Vol. 11 (Yotsuba&! #11)
Urasawa Naoki ( 浦沢 直樹) is a Japanese mangaka. He is perhaps best known for Monster (which drew praise from Junot Díaz, the 2008 Pulitzer Prize winner) and 20th Century Boys.

Urasawa's work often concentrates on intricate plotting, interweaving narratives, a deep focus on character development and psychological complexity. Urasawa has won the Shogakukan Manga Award, the Japan Media Arts Festival ex
More about Naoki Urasawa...

20th Century Boys (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 1 (20th Century Boys, #1)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 2 (20th Century Boys, #2)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 3 (20th Century Boys, #3)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 4 (20th Century Boys, #4)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 5 (20th Century Boys, #5)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 6 (20th Century Boys, #6)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 7 (20th Century Boys, #7)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 8 (20th Century Boys, #8)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 9 (20th Century Boys, #9)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 10 (20th Century Boys, #10)
Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 1: Herr Dr. Tenma (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #1) PLUTO: Naoki Urasawa x Ozamu Tezuka, Band 001 (Pluto, #1) 20th Century Boys, Band 1 (20th Century Boys, #1) PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 002 (Pluto, #2) PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 003 (Pluto, #3)