Start by marking “My Hero (Knights of de Ware, #3)” as Want to Read:
My Hero (Knights of de Ware, #3)

My Hero (Knights of de Ware #3)

Wealthy and powerful, the de Wares are one of the most respected noble families in England. The heirs to the de Ware legacy—Duncan, Holden, and Garth—are true warriors...and reckless lovers...

Unlike his brothers, Garth de Ware had always preferred peace to war. As the youngest son, there were few opportunities for him to earn his fortune, so he chose a career in the Church
Mass Market Paperback, 312 pages
Published June 25th 2002 by Jove

To ask other readers questions about My Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Hero

Sharil
From the first sentence of the book I wanted to LOVE it. There is nothing better than an historical romance book written with such rich use of the English language and words that it seems the reader is pulled from their own black-and-white world into the story itself - one of opulent color.

I read this story after reading a string of short, light contemporary romance fiction. The first pages of this book were like rain to a woman who had been trapped in a desert.

I liked the action as well. What I
Linda
May 07, 2017 Linda rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Glynnis Campbell's story of Cynthia and Garth. These two characters had much to like about them. Both had to find a way to move on from their past relationship. Both had a lot to learn about loving someone. And they both showed how important it is to take care of other people. Campbell's writing made it easy to visualize life in the mid 1300s. The language, the food, the clothes, and the simple way of life. This book was thoroughly entertaining.
Bea Carroll
Oct 20, 2014 Bea Carroll added it
Recommends it for: All who enjoy a super medieval action & romance
Recommended to Bea by: My self from previous book of hers
As with any book of Glynnis Campbell that I had the pleasure to read I found it well worthwhile . Her historic facts seem to hit right on - her hero & heroine are well suited in both verbal debate & their romantic meetings. Which can leave a reader breathless with anticipation. Torn between Cynthia & a monk's life was not a real choice for our hero, Garth. He - as a hero was very manly even though he felt he was not good enough for Cynthia- & felt he didn't measure up to his brot ...more
luayne
Mar 10, 2015 luayne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful reading

This series is full of adventure, love, tragedy, and loyalty. Each story is well written with interesting characters. I really loved the use of metaphors fitted to each circumstance. Highly recommended reading.
May Anderson
Jan 30, 2015 May Anderson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great read from Glynnis Campbell. This one was a little more dark, but also more interesting than the first two. (Although, I read all three in a span of about a week - couldn't put down any of them!)
Sherry
Jan 05, 2017 Sherry rated it it was amazing
If you loved the first two books you'll love this one. Honestly I loved this one the best. Garth was so enduring. He had so much turmoil and grief. He is my favorite character of the de Ware men. A lot of people already said enough about the story so I won't. But it is worth the money and the time.
Nancy
Nov 04, 2016 Nancy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Hero!

Once again Glynnis Campbell has endeared me to her skills of writing. Garth truly a kind and gentle man and Cynthia a noble lady. You mustn't miss reading this wonderful story. Thank you to Glynnis Campbell!
Megan
Oct 20, 2014 Megan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, series
3.75: Relationship w/ first husband a little disturbing. Not a fan of paranormal elements, although not a huge deterrent in this story. Fairly well written period fare. Did well on sexual tension & the 12 steps of intimacy.
Kat Green
Apr 22, 2014 Kat Green rated it it was amazing
Once again, Ms Campbell has captivated my heart with her series of enchanting characters, wonderful plot, knowledge of Scottish history which she uses so magnificently in her detailed descriptions of the locations. I have read this series twice waiting for the next one... Off to read it soon!
Yati
Dec 16, 2015 Yati rated it it was amazing
Superb!
Quite interesting story with unique characters...love both cythia and garth ...even garth's brothers and their wives ...thanks for writing and cannot wait for more
Teshai
Jan 06, 2016 Teshai rated it really liked it
When she nursed him back to health and swore to God she would leave him alone if he lived I was like..... then he nursed her back to health and said the same thing, I was like.... idiots..lol
Dawn
Jun 04, 2013 Dawn rated it really liked it
I originally read this series in 2003, when I met the author at an event. I purchased all three and she signed them for me. A very good Medieval romance series.
Kathleen Kurdziel
so tired of the H and h waffling back and forth that by the end I didn't care if they got together at all.
Barbara Brown
Barbara Brown rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2016
Judith Whitkopf
Judith Whitkopf rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2015
Poppy Alexopoulou
Poppy Alexopoulou rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2017
Haneefah Dundee
Haneefah Dundee rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2016
Denise Thorlund
Denise Thorlund rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2012
Ophelia Sikes
Ophelia Sikes rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2013
Barbara Xedos
Barbara Xedos rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2014
Denise
Denise rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2012
Leny Yoder
Leny Yoder rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2017
Ruby Barton
Ruby Barton rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2015
Deirdre
Deirdre rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2012
Linda Jordan sheard
Linda Jordan sheard rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Jean
Jean rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2014
Sidonia
Sidonia rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2014
Louise Ross
Louise Ross rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2017
Ashlyn
Ashlyn rated it it was ok
Oct 16, 2013
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Apr 14, 2017 08:04PM
  • Lady Danger
  • Prisoner of the Flames
  • Rabbit in the Jungle
  • What to Do About Annie?
  • Engaged in Wickedness (Bridal Favors, #0.5)
  • Defiant
  • A Knight's Persuasion (Knight's, #4)
  • Flesh and Stone (Les Gargouillen #2)
  • Wedding for a Knight (MacLean, #3)
  • On Bended Knee (The Highland Brides, #3)
  • The Valiant Heart (Heart, #1)
  • Notorious (DeWarenn, #3)
  • The Countess (The Bride Quest II Book 1)
  • The Bedeviled Heart (Highland Heather and Hearts Scottish Romance #2)
  • Loved By a Warrior (The Warrior King, #2)
  • Warrior's Bride (The Stones of Destiny, #2)
  • The Champion (Medieval Warriors Trilogy, #2)
  • The Last Arrow (Robin Hood, #3)
Glynnis Campbell is a USA Today bestselling author of swashbuckling "medieval action-adventure romance," mostly set in Scotland, with over a dozen books published in six languages. A member of the Jewels of Historical Romance, she was once in an all-girl band on CBS Records, has done voiceovers for an MTV series, Diablo and Starcraft videogames, and various audiobooks, and is married to a rock sta ...more
More about Glynnis Campbell...

Knights of de Ware (3 books)
  • My Champion (Knights of de Ware, #1)
  • My Warrior (Knights Of de Ware, #2)