Start by marking “Children of the Blood (Books of the Sundered, #2)” as Want to Read:
Children of the Blood (Books of the Sundered, #2)

Children of the Blood (Books of the Sundered #2)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  469 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Continuing the struggle she began in Into the Dark Lands, Erin-newly dubbed Sara-is forcefully put to sleep for 300 years while her Lord finishes overtaking his enemies-and Sara's kinsmen. After conquering and slaughtering the last of the Bright Heart lines, he awakens an amnesia-ridden Sara and assigns one of his slaves, a fellow "child of the blood," to comfort her. As S ...more
Published April 1st 2006 by Benbella Books (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Children of the Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Children of the Blood

Extremely dark and intense ... I'm hooked
Amélie
Review first published at Fans of Michelle Sagara West

At the end of Into the Dark Lands, Stefanos has betrayed Erin trust by making her immortal at the price of her friends' life and has plunged her into sleep. Indeed, he has decided that they cannot be happy together as they are now, because Erin is feeling that she has betrayed her people for her love for Stefanos. Children of the Blood starts four centuries later when Stefanos has finally vanquished all the followers of the Light, putting a t
Fred Dickson
Very dark, but I like that. I was a little disappointed to have the story be told mostly from Darin's perspective rather than Erin's, but given that she's a blithering amnesiac for the majority of the book, it makes sense. The story really picks up at the end of this book, and you can tell the next two books will have a much quicker pace.
Marajean
So far the book went on about Darin's life, the rules that I learned previously are bent all out. Stefanos isn't that great or evil, and Sara has slept for more pages than I care to count.

And all of this is leading towards my big payoff of her remembering before they even get together and hating him.

Meh.
Amanda Kern
Here is the greatest review. It made me cry and it made me laugh. That is all I can say about this book.
Sbuchler
May 27, 2009 Sbuchler rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sbuchler by: Diana
Marisa
Liked the story - stayed up all night to finish Children of the blood and sequel Chains of Darkness - however, I gave it just 3 stars because in my view the story could have been told in much less time. It went on and on - slow start and I skipped over 60% of book to get to main events. So, I just had to know what happened in the end but a good editing job would have made this a great story. Believe me, you have to skip through so much of the story that seems extranneous and...the paragraphs kep ...more
Heather
There are no words to described how truly wonderful Michelle Sagara West writes.
Feliciamarie
Hmmmm...this book is interesting haha
Well, Stefanos love for Sara is shown very clearly in this book and i LOVED it!
Though...i am still waiting for the strong young heroine that we met in the beginning of book one:(
i got kinda lost in this book as i find that situations(especially at the ending) were to discribed or explained clearly and i found out that i was lost for the majority of the book....
But overall, i love the awesome relationship and friendship!
Marilyn
I had been quite surprised when I did like the first book but this second one made me crazy. Just depressing and redundant thoughts. I had hoped the new character would be able to carry the book but it was not meant to be. Luckily reviewers gave away the endings of the next two books so I got the gist of what happens and that is enough for me. Will not continue this series.
Mykle Law
Erin of Elliath--now called Sara Laren-- has slept for 300 years, cut from her mortal bonds and her memories by Stefanos's magic, but as Stefanos's power has waned as he has lived by Sara's rules, the power of his rivals has grown, and as Sara awakens to a world in which all of the defenders of Lernan are gone, her life-- and Stefanos's-- may very well be forfeit.
Jake Langthorn
This review applies to the Sundered Series as a whole.

Clearly this is a beginning effort, but already, West shows the imagination that marks her later works. This is terrific stuff. Yes, it is dark, but even with the awkward writing style, it is very powerful.
Mara
Less intense than the first book and slower. The main problem is that you wait a full book for her to recover her memories and the story ends :D.
Gaynell
Better than first book. Didn't want to put this one down. I felt so sorry for Stefanos at the end of the book. Shame on Sargoth!
Rhoneil Mojado
i really want to read this so if anyone have a copy of this can u pls sent it to me...

rneil1674@yahoo.com tnks a lot...
Sara Oke
Good. A little confusing at times
Elizabeth
Nov 21, 2008 Elizabeth marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
TBR
Jodie
Jodie marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
George Schröder
George Schröder marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Joel
Joel marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
  • The Shining Court (The Sun Sword, #3)
  • Cast in Chaos (Chronicles of Elantra, #6)
  • The Lords of Darkness (Flat Earth, #1-3)
See also:

Michelle Sagara
Michelle West

She lives in Toronto with her long-suffering husband and her two children, and to her regret has no dogs.

Reading is one of her life-long passions, and she is some­times paid for her opinions about what she’s read by the venerable Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction. No matter how many book­shelves she buys, there is Never Enough Shelf space. Ever.

She has pu
More about Michelle Sagara West...
Into the Dark Lands (The Sundered, #1) Lady of Mercy (The Sundered, #3) Chains of Darkness, Chains of Light (The Sundered, #4) The Nightingale Cast in Chaos (Chronicles of Elantra, #6)