Start by marking “Man Called Norman” as Want to Read:
Man Called Norman

Man Called Norman

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  76 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
For Ingest Only - Data needs to be cleaned up for all products being loaded
Published November 19th 1989 by Thomas Nelson (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Man Called Norman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Man Called Norman

Jim
Feb 27, 2012 Jim rated it liked it
This book served as a great reminder of what God wants us all to do. The author encountered a different neighbor, Norman, who was very different and, indeed, difficult to love. But he loved him anyway. Actively. Mike Adkins did it right. And he made Norman's life better, and his own. And the world is a better place because of their relationship and because their story has been shared.

Any author runs a risk, though, when writing any book starring himself as the hero, a risk of becoming self-indul
Sheila
In a town where everyone knows everyone else, everyone knows Norman is odd. But Mike and Carmel Adkins buy their first home and find Norman living in the “haunted house” across the street. It’s okay God having them live next door to a Catholic and a Methodist, but across the street from someone who’s almost certainly mad? Did God not hear their prayers?

And then Mike hears God—not a heavenly choir, and not a voice from the stars, but perhaps one of those gentle nudges we all feel from time to tim
Wayne S.
Feb 01, 2012 Wayne S. rated it really liked it
Several years ago, my wife was at the video store looking for a family video that we could watch on Saturday evening and brought home a VHS tape of a true story entitled A Man Called Norman. We really enjoyed seeing it. A few years later I saw a book in the CBD catalogue by the same title and bought it, though it took some time before I actually read it. Author Mike Adkins grew up in West Frankfort, IL, not far from where we now live in Salem, IL. His mother was a God-fearing woman who took her ...more
Normalyn Espejo
Aug 27, 2011 Normalyn Espejo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a christian book. I am a christian so I can relate with the principles touched in this book. However, I am not an active christian as of the moment. Consider me in hibernation, of which I am not really proud of. Thus, upon reading this book, I felt the littlest revival and I am hungering for more. I hope to read more christian books in the future so I can once again be that active christian that I once was before.
Partridge Public
Adkins, Mike 209.2
Amy
Apr 04, 2009 Amy rated it it was ok
pointless.
Lori Bencivenni
Lori Bencivenni marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Felicia
Felicia rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2016
Beth Lahr
Beth Lahr rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
Mary Rodriguez
Mary Rodriguez marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2016
Stuart
Stuart rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2016
Maria
Maria added it
Jun 16, 2016
Devonne West
Devonne West marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Kelly
Kelly is currently reading it
Apr 28, 2016
Cher
Cher marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Susan Meyer
Susan Meyer rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2016
Travis
Travis rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2016
Broughps
Broughps rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Grammy
Grammy rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2016
Megan Alexander
Megan Alexander rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2015
Doris Schumacher
Doris Schumacher rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2015
Stacie Barnes
Stacie Barnes marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2015
Chris Parker Pitts
Chris Parker Pitts marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2015
Helen Brown
Helen Brown rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2015