Start by marking “Do Not Disturb” as Want to Read:
Do Not Disturb

Do Not Disturb

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  730 ratings  ·  18 reviews
You can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family.

Investigative reporter Angel Buchanan dug up a whopping surprise: The late "Artist of the Heart" Stephen Whitney -- famous for his family values -- was the father who'd abandoned her when she was four. And there's nothing like the reading of a will to bring people out of the woodwork, especially relatives you ne
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published December 30th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Do Not Disturb, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do Not Disturb

LaFleurBleue
Definitely not the best Christie Ridgway, though still better than the knitted Bikini series.
I hated both characters from the second couple; none of them seemed real, I did not care about their problem and all the pseudo spiritualism deep-breathing oriental philosophy of Judd seemed so artificial. I hated every page they were on and that was too much.
I liked the heroine, Angel, and Cooper, though both of them are over the top and with too strong hang-ups to look like real persons and those laste
Kimberly
DO NOT BELIEVE THE BACK OF THE BOOK. THIS IS NOTHING LIKE THE SYNOPSIS! (see below)

When the "Artist of the Heart" is killed in a accident the whole world mourns. Well everyone except Angel who knows the real "Stephan" as the man who abandoned her as a child. Angel is now a reporter and decides to do the story of the year by exposing Stephan.
Cooper is the brother-in-law of Stephan and knows what he has to do is be there for his sister. That is his point in life... Or at least what he has left of
Cindi
Apparently I missed something.

I really did not like this book at all. I liked Cooper okay. Angel, not so much. Katie was okay. The twins were not. Judd's character just bored me. His and Beth's relationship was pretty rushed, but that's a good thing because they were boring. I found myself skimming over lines just to get through it. I never do that. I didn't think I would ever finish it.

Something about the ending and Epilogue didn't seem right to me. All of it was rushed and I really did not l
Elle Christensen
I’ve read a lot of this author’s books, and have enjoyed many of them. She’s very talented at giving you characters that you can relate to, ones you want to get to know better.
This plot for Do Not Disturb is an interesting one. Angel is a journalist who has had a rough childhood, particularly since her father abandoned her and her mother when she was small. He’s become a well-known artist and people have dubbed him “The Artist of the Heart,” his outward appearance being one of a doting family
Sarah Eiseman
Every now and then I need a totally fluffy read by an author I know I’m going to just breeze through. Today’s book by Christie Ridgway just fit that bill. This book is a light-hearted, fast-paced contemporary romance, with a touch of drama and mild suspense at the very end, and it’s just the sort of book I needed to read right before school started back up this fall.

We initially meet reporter Angel Buchanan, a writer for a prestigious magazine, as she’s preparing to write a story about a famous
Tiffany
Overall...not my favorite Christie Ridgway book. It started off strong enough. I really liked Angel, she was funny, smart and strong. Cooper was tall, intense and sexy and exuded a sense of being a strong and supportive family man. Added to that, there was the tension of Angel's secret about her biological father and Cooper's mysterious prior life as a high-powered attorney who dropped off the face of the earth. I was excited about the premise of Angel being a journalist who was going to expose ...more
Sue Harris
Well, thank god I've finished that! It took me ages to plough through it even though there's only just over 300 pages!

It was pleasant enough but at times it was threatening to be a bit 'Mills and Boon' where girl meets boy accidentally, girl and boy don't get along, girl and boy deny their feelings for each other and so on but it wasn't as bad!

The storyline was acceptable, not too over the top and in places there were little witicisms although not side-splitting.

When I read the write up on the
Cara Byrne

When I read the write up on the
Alice
The last part almost had me in tears
sakura_txell
La novela ha empezado muy bien, con un estilo ameno, rápido, y una trama interesante, pero a medida que avanzaba, la historia ha empezado a aburrirme. Una de las cosas que menos me ha gustado es los constantes cambios de humor de algunos personajes... Me han acabado cansando.
Elizabeth Holman
Excellent who did what to climb the ladder and be no. 1. Great story with wonderful characters. The more you read, the more interesting it gets. You learn all about Long Island and how it is throughout the year.
Emily
This is definitely one of those ones that you take to the beach and lay out and read. It's got all the elements of a romantic comedy that we girls just eat up.
Nancy
I enjoyed the plot line for this one, thought the concept was really good. However, something about the ending just doesn't sit right with me.
Dmp88
My favorite book by Christie Ridgway. I've read it several times now, and still can't get enough of this book.
Lianna
Cute story. Although it got boring in certain parts. Beth's part I started to skim and didn't hold my interest.
Bookgirl89
a really good surprise, a very underrated book!!!
Jacquie
this was a great read, highly recommended!!
Amanda
Amanda added it
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Sandi
Sandi marked it as to-read
Ashley Gonzalez
Ashley Gonzalez marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Joe (JP) Foley
Joe (JP) Foley marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
  • All Shook Up
  • Just Like a Man (OPUS prequel)
  • Guys & Dogs (Guys & Dogs, #1)
  • And Then He Kissed Me
  • Take a Chance on Me
  • First Dance (The Bridesmaid Chronicles, #3)
  • Blame It on Chocolate
  • Lola Carlyle Reveals All
Crush on You (Three Kisses, #1) Then He Kissed Me (Three Kisses, #2) How to Knit a Wild Bikini (Malibu and Ewe #1) Can't Hurry Love (Three Kisses, #3) Beach House No. 9 (Beach House No. 9, #1)