Start by marking “Fabric Remix: Repurpose & Redecorate with Simple Sewing & Easy Upholstery” as Want to Read:
Fabric Remix: Repurpose & Redecorate with Simple Sewing & Easy Upholstery

Fabric Remix: Repurpose & Redecorate with Simple Sewing & Easy Upholstery

3.05 of 5 stars 3.05  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Why pay the upscale prices at eco-chic boutiques when you can creatively upcycle? Sandy Stone presents her unique outlook on sewing and decorating: repurpose, reconstruct, and renew. Learn all the techniques and how to find vintage fabrics and furnishings “scavenger style” at thrift stores, then get to work at transforming these treasures with delightfully unexpected proje ...more
Published September 7th 2010 by Lark Crafts

To ask other readers questions about Fabric Remix, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fabric Remix

The Mystic Princesses and the Whirlpool by P.J. LaRueThe Urban Homestead (Expanded & Revised Edition) by Kelly CoyneCradle to Cradle by William McDonoughThe Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael PollanSilent Spring by Rachel Carson
Being "Green"
224th out of 244 books — 155 voters

More lists with this book...

liberal sprinkles
this review is adapted from a longer one with photos at my blog liberal sprinkles

This is a fun book for people who love to craft and recycle. While it focuses on recycling things you can salvage from thrift shops, antique stores, sales and other venues, many of the projects can easily be tackled with materials you may already have in your own homes - things that are a little dated or that you haven't used for their intended purposes for a while.

I've done projects similar to some of those here bu
Kimberli
This is seemingly what the author does for a living and she walks you through the projects she has used to decorate her own laid back and inviting home. Besides the projects, she discusses where and how she gathers the items to repurpose.

Projects include: Pillows, Bags, Recovering Ottomans, Pet Beds, Garden Chair Covers.
Sewing Level, Advanced Beginner to Intermediate
Myonly
Loved loved loved this book! It's set up in a very different way than most DIY books, which is part of what I loved. Great projects and (best of all!) great inspirational photos of the author's home and studio. Now I can't wait to try out some of her ideas...
Tracey
Mar 23, 2011 Tracey rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
Adult nonfiction; sewing/crafting. Limited instruction for projects you probably won't want to do or have the materials for, but plenty of inspiration for refurbishing those lovely but flawed pieces of furniture you've inherited from your great aunt.
Jackie Harrison-jewell
Normally I enjoy looking at this sort of thing (home projecty stuff) but I never actually do anything with the ideas in the book. This one I enjoyed so much, I plan to use a few of her ideas. That's what a DIY book should be, right?
Amber
Limited instruction for projects that are shown, but plenty of inspiration for refurbishing those lovely but flawed pieces of furniture you've inherited from your great grandma or someone like that.
Kathryn Knight
This really inspired me to try and be crafty...only to discover I don't own a sewing machine or the ability to randomly find one. But fear not! I shall start reupholstering things soon.
Nora
Using materials found at thrift stores to remake--the ultimate in reducing, reusing, & recycling! Also shows how to make cording, slipcovers, and add nail head trim.
Grace Tolman
love this book and all the cool stuff she had repurposed with fabrics. Some projects were to loud for my taste but inspiring nonetheless
Shaun
A few interesting projects in here.
Candielouhoo
Candielouhoo marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Wanda Presley
Wanda Presley is currently reading it
Jun 28, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
Ashley Byrd-White
Ashley Byrd-White marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2013
Denika Clay
Denika Clay marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2013
Carol Johnson
Carol Johnson marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2013
Tina
Tina added it
Jun 01, 2013
Emilia Khala
Emilia Khala marked it as to-read
May 23, 2013
Julie Mills
Julie Mills marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2013
Jorge
Jorge marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2013
Vicki
Vicki marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2012
Emilia
Emilia marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2012
Moni
Moni added it
May 31, 2012
THE "EMPIRE" STRIKES BACK A POSTTRANSSEXUAL MANIFESTO FRANCHISE FOOTBALL LEAGUE Official Franchise Football League, The