Start by marking “Fabric Remix: Repurpose & Redecorate with Simple Sewing & Easy Upholstery” as Want to Read:
Fabric Remix: Repurpose & Redecorate with Simple Sewing & Easy Upholstery

Fabric Remix: Repurpose & Redecorate with Simple Sewing & Easy Upholstery

3.09  ·  Rating Details  ·  22 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Why pay the upscale prices at eco-chic boutiques when you can creatively upcycle? Sandy Stone presents her unique outlook on sewing and decorating: repurpose, reconstruct, and renew. Learn all the techniques and how to find vintage fabrics and furnishings “scavenger style” at thrift stores, then get to work at transforming these treasures with delightfully unexpected proje ...more
Published September 7th 2010 by Lark Crafts

To ask other readers questions about Fabric Remix, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fabric Remix

Cradle to Cradle by William McDonoughThe Urban Homestead (Expanded & Revised Edition) by Kelly CoyneThe Giving Tree by Shel SilversteinSilent Spring by Rachel CarsonThe Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
Being "Green"
251st out of 270 books — 190 voters

More lists with this book...

liberal sprinkles
Aug 28, 2011 liberal sprinkles rated it really liked it
this review is adapted from a longer one with photos at my blog liberal sprinkles

This is a fun book for people who love to craft and recycle. While it focuses on recycling things you can salvage from thrift shops, antique stores, sales and other venues, many of the projects can easily be tackled with materials you may already have in your own homes - things that are a little dated or that you haven't used for their intended purposes for a while.

I've done projects similar to some of those here bu
Annette McIntyre
Jun 28, 2015 Annette McIntyre rated it really liked it
Shelves: craft
Some very interesting ideas are presented in this book. My favourite two are the recovered bicycle seat and the fabric painted cabinets. Can't wait to try them out.
Kimberli
Mar 15, 2012 Kimberli rated it really liked it
Shelves: sewing, library-book
This is seemingly what the author does for a living and she walks you through the projects she has used to decorate her own laid back and inviting home. Besides the projects, she discusses where and how she gathers the items to repurpose.

Projects include: Pillows, Bags, Recovering Ottomans, Pet Beds, Garden Chair Covers.
Sewing Level, Advanced Beginner to Intermediate
Myonly
Mar 25, 2011 Myonly rated it it was amazing
Loved loved loved this book! It's set up in a very different way than most DIY books, which is part of what I loved. Great projects and (best of all!) great inspirational photos of the author's home and studio. Now I can't wait to try out some of her ideas...
Tracey
Mar 23, 2011 Tracey rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011
Adult nonfiction; sewing/crafting. Limited instruction for projects you probably won't want to do or have the materials for, but plenty of inspiration for refurbishing those lovely but flawed pieces of furniture you've inherited from your great aunt.
Jackie Harrison-jewell
Oct 05, 2014 Jackie Harrison-jewell rated it really liked it
Shelves: diy
Normally I enjoy looking at this sort of thing (home projecty stuff) but I never actually do anything with the ideas in the book. This one I enjoyed so much, I plan to use a few of her ideas. That's what a DIY book should be, right?
Amber
Jun 23, 2012 Amber rated it it was ok
Limited instruction for projects that are shown, but plenty of inspiration for refurbishing those lovely but flawed pieces of furniture you've inherited from your great grandma or someone like that.
Kathryn Knight Harper
Jul 30, 2011 Kathryn Knight Harper rated it really liked it
This really inspired me to try and be crafty...only to discover I don't own a sewing machine or the ability to randomly find one. But fear not! I shall start reupholstering things soon.
Nora
Dec 20, 2013 Nora rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction, diy
Using materials found at thrift stores to remake--the ultimate in reducing, reusing, & recycling! Also shows how to make cording, slipcovers, and add nail head trim.
Grace Tolman
Oct 07, 2011 Grace Tolman rated it really liked it
love this book and all the cool stuff she had repurposed with fabrics. Some projects were to loud for my taste but inspiring nonetheless
Shaun
Oct 20, 2011 Shaun rated it liked it
Shelves: crafty-cookery
A few interesting projects in here.
Carrie Niemi
Carrie Niemi marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Cory Ballard
Cory Ballard rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2016
Jenny B
Jenny B marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Julie  Webb
Julie Webb marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Cindy
Cindy added it
Jan 28, 2016
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Yehudit
Yehudit marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Katie Fair
Katie Fair marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2015
John
John rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2014
Candielouhoo
Candielouhoo marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Robin Mckiddy curry
Robin Mckiddy curry rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
Ashley Byrd-White
Ashley Byrd-White marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2013
Denika Clay
Denika Clay marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2013