Start by marking “The Delta Chain” as Want to Read:
The Delta Chain

The Delta Chain

The body of a young woman is washed ashore on a secluded beach. She does not fit the description of anyone on Missing Persons lists. Fingerprints, dental records and DNA provide no leads.

Detective Adam Bennett discovers a pattern of similar cases - unidentified bodies found along the coasts of Australia and the United States. These are six young men and women who seem to
Published May 13th 2011 by Sunfire Publishing (first published January 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Delta Chain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Delta Chain

Brenda
Costas was fishing in his little seaside town of NSW. He loved to fish, but he was packing up, not having caught anything this time, when his line snagged a big one. After a massive effort to land it, he was horrified to see the body of a naked young woman at his feet.

Detective Adam Bennett was called to the scene, and once the coroner had given his preliminary findings, she was taken to the morgue. But to Adam’s surprise, she didn’t appear on any of the Missing Persons lists, with no leads com
Douglas Cook
Oct 21, 2012 Douglas Cook rated it really liked it
First sentences, "PROLOGUE     This was a place of raw, wet heat. It sucked dryness from the mudflats and bred moisture as though every single drop was part of a living swarm. It spread itself across the man’s body like a second skin. Kevin Farrow had been running for his life for over two hours. His energy had been fuelled by his fear but now sheer physical exhaustion was fighting that energy. The exhaustion was winning. ‘You don’t go coming to The ‘Glades in the summer,’ the woman who ran the ...more
Mike
Jan 09, 2013 Mike rated it liked it
The writing was good, the structure left something to be desired. To my mind there was a lot of character clutter that made reading more trying than it should have been. Normally I have no problem with a plethora of story lines weaving their strands in a book. In The Delta Chain I found remembering which players were which, without having to pause for long thought or flicking back, disruptive in the extreme. The idea was a good one but like a rose bush it needs serious pruning to establish a sha ...more
Sharon Michael
Mar 05, 2012 Sharon Michael rated it liked it
Well written and intense, interesting characters and overall a very interesting read with good connections to high tech investigation and covert medical experimentation.

Personal issue for me was I thought some of the scenes were more graphic than absolutely necessary and while I liked the characters, I found the two lead characters not quite as individual as I'd have liked. Some of the secondary characters actually seemed more vivid to me that the two main characters.

Some of the timeline shifts
Linda Bonney Olin
Aug 29, 2012 Linda Bonney Olin rated it it was amazing
Night One: I picked up The Delta Chain to give it a quick look-see before bed. I got hooked into it and didn't come up for air until Chapter 20.
Night Two: I read the rest without stopping, and this is not a short book. (Sleep? Who needs sleep?)

Characterization of the two main characters was slow in arriving and not developed very deeply, but the complex plot and action more than made up for that.

The quality of the writing was excellent. Henn evoked the scenes and situations without going overboa
Andrea
Dec 02, 2013 Andrea rated it it was ok
Doreen
Sep 12, 2012 Doreen rated it liked it
The Delta Chain had an interesting plot. Murdered bodies were turning up and were seemingly unidentifiable. Medical experimentation always kind of draws me in and then I have to pick it apart. It leaves me going hmmmm...
The story was well written and I liked it. Did I love it? No. Why? I'm not sure. I just couldn't really get close to the characters.
This review is sounding like I didn't like the story. That is not my intention, I did like. I should just shut up and leave it at that. I liked it
Annie
Jul 26, 2012 Annie rated it it was ok
A bit hard to read. I had to go back a few times because when a name was mentioned, I had no idea who they were even if they had been introduced a few chapters back. For me it seemed like there were really quick character point of view changes which made it a bit disorienting.

(view spoiler)
Leila  I.
Mar 28, 2016 Leila I. rated it it was amazing
Great. Loved the book. I have purchased his other books. There's plenty of suspense for all of us that thrive on it. The last 25% of the book has you sitting on your hands awaiting the conclusion.
I don't particularly like to name names in a book. I think all of these long drawn out ratings only
tend to ruin the book for you. Either the book is good, or so so, or great in one persons mind.

Andrew
Feb 08, 2013 Andrew rated it liked it
Can only repeat what a lot of other reviews have said. Good plot idea and characters I could connect with. only downside as others have said was the way it jumped from location to location and the number of characters which left me having to reread parts to follow the plot. Would have been a four star if it hadn't been for this.
Jun 27, 2013 Sarah rated it it was ok
Potentially an awesome story line but again let down by the poor writing. I read a kindle edition, self published and clearly not edited, full of typos, misspellings, incorrect words - very jarring whilst reading (Rhonda spelt two different ways in one paragraph??)
Such a shame because I really rate Iain's stories, he has the potential to write a truly fantastic book.
Neil Beverley
May 25, 2013 Neil Beverley rated it liked it
The Delta Chain had all the ingredients that I like in a thriller. The storyline however, seemed to be a little disjointed and as others have already mentioned in their reviews, the booked jumped from character to character leading me to track back in order to follow the plot. A shame really as the storyline could have made for a great read.
Terry Collins
Mar 25, 2012 Terry Collins rated it liked it
Definitely interesting local flavor (the story mainly takes place in Australia). Nicely paced, a few fleshed out characters. Got it on the free Kindle weekend. Believe I'd be disappointed if I'd paid for it, good first effort, looking forward to seeing improvement on his next one.
Martin Treanor
Mar 14, 2011 Martin Treanor rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed it - some punchy twists in there, and the driving characters had me hooked into their lives and conflicts. The plot is edgy - with barbs that make you just want to read on.

I totally recommend The Delta Chain.
Dianna Browning
Jun 07, 2015 Dianna Browning rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great novel

I thoroughly enjoyed this novel. It held my interest till the very end. I would recommend it to anyone that enjoys a good suspense and great turns and twists in a novel.
Lynn
Mar 19, 2013 Lynn rated it it was amazing
It has been a long time since I have stayed up all night to finish a book. Need I say more?
Peter Rosset
May 25, 2012 Peter Rosset rated it liked it
pretty good
Bev
Jun 05, 2015 Bev rated it liked it
Interesting thriller with different situation to the norm.
Marjie
Nov 19, 2014 Marjie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good story

Fictitious science of course but interesting, mad scientist and supporting henchmen. Mystery and suspense. As the story seems to neatly wrap up the real surprises start.
Jul 26, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it

A little chopping in places with all the different story lines but all in all a good read. Warning if you have a fear of crocodiles this might not be the book for you
Jack
Mar 03, 2012 Jack rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Complicated action thriller, with serial unidentified murder victims, a religious cult, a rogue military organisation, mad scientists, a secret laboratory complex...... and crocodiles.
Patti
Dec 12, 2013 Patti rated it it was ok
Not a bad book, just seemed a little contrived how everything came together.
Holly
Sep 21, 2012 Holly rated it it was amazing
Excellent read! Multiple different story lines, like to read more by this author
Steve Markham
Feb 24, 2013 Steve Markham rated it really liked it
Very well written and quite enjoyable too.
T F Botha
T F Botha rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2016
Janet
Janet rated it liked it
Oct 28, 2012
alfred's gray flannel
alfred's gray flannel rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2014
Sara Driffield
Sara Driffield rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2017
Shauna
Shauna rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2016
Edie Coan
Edie Coan rated it liked it
May 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Three To Get Deadly
  • North Slope
  • The Threat
  • The Silversmith (David Wolf #2)
  • Vaccine Nation
  • Coming Home (Sophie Anderson, #6)
  • The Voynich Cypher
  • Helter-Skelter
  • Ascension Day
  • Rage Therapy
  • And Still, She Wept
  • Capture
  • Volcano Watch (Forensic Geology #3)
  • The Savannah Project (Jake Pendleton #1)
  • Death Angel
  • 65 Below
  • Coding Isis
  • Flawless (Nathaniel McCormick #2)
People sometimes ask writers, "When did you start writing?" I started 'writing' before I could actually write - telling stories by acting them out, playing all the roles myself. If I do that now I get strange looks, so I try not to do it.

From the time I could read stories myself, I was also writing down my own.

I have a background in newspaper and magazine publishing in Australia, but it is as a fr
More about Iain Edward Henn...