Start by marking “The Informant” as Want to Read:
The Informant

The Informant

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  476 ratings  ·  26 reviews
James Grippando, author of the bestselling novel The Pardon, once again sends readers on a spine-tingling trip into the heart of evil.
Hardcover
Published January 1st 1997 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published September 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Informant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Informant

Tony
The first Grippando book I have read. Wasnt the greatest book I have ever read but was definitely interesting and I was eager to find out the next thing to happen. Will definitely try more by this author.
Chuck
A Miami Tribune reporter, Mike Posten, is contacted by a man who predicts the next victim of a serial killer in exchange for money provided to Posten by the FBI. The manhunt is on.
TeriC
Grippando always writes a good book with lots of adventure.
Joyce
A serial killer being pursued by the FBI. An informer has contacted a Miami Reporter and threatened him unless he pays for the information the informer is willing to share. The reporter, with the consent of his publishers, gets involved with the FBI and uses their funds secretly to pay off the informer. These are the basics that initiate the novel. Telling more would be a spoiler and I won't do that. It is remarkably complex and riveting. Readers will find themselves spending time with this nove ...more
Kelly
Good sophomore try. First figure out, is he or isn't he, then how are they going to take him down. Bad guys are so bad. Don't seem to have redeeming characteristics. Male protagonists are kind of one sided, also. Need to see more development of the good guys. Females in this one are stronger.
Holly Morey
I would probably give this 3 1/2 stars. This is a stand alone book about a newspaper writer Mike Posten, who receives information about a serial killer. Although the story was a tad bit predictable, to me this is a page turner with a pretty good plot.
Ilona J Coffey
Smirk

I enjoyed the book, but have never read so many "smirks," "smirking," and "smirked" sentences in my entire life.

Get an editor!!!!!
Jillian
First time I have read a James Grippando book. It was fast paced and intriguing. I would definitely read another one.
Lori
Always a great read , read when it first came out
LJ
THE INFORMANT - Okay
Grappando, James - standalone

Reporter Michael Posten begins to receive phone calls from an anonymous stranger with an uncanny ability to predict the moves of a serial killer and joins forces with FBI agent Maria Del Ray to find the murderer.

Serial Killer; the characters were uninvolving and I knew who the killer was half-way through.
Lissa
The first half of the book was interesting enough to grab you to read further but the ending.. sigh. It was rushed. I feel the villian could do more harm to rattle everyone but sadly, he went away very fast.
Kim
Jul 18, 2010 Kim rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: fiction
This was my first mystery spy novel. I enjoyed it although it was rather predictable. I could not put this down as the characters were the driving factor behind the plot. Overall, I'd recommend it.
Rebekkila
Oct 05, 2012 Rebekkila marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Joyce McKune
An informant tells a reporter about a murder before it happens. The FBI aren't sure if he's the killer or just knows who the killer is.
Lori Underhill
Definitely some creepy elements in this book, but I'm enjoying this author very much.
Kathleen
I suggest not to waste your time. Even though I just had to finish it.
Ricardo
Generic, nothing that makes it stand out. Good but nothing great
Alisa
I wasted a day of my life reading this book... dont do it.
Jaime Babb
This one got better as it went along.
Steve
A pretty good thriller though a bit predictable.
Al
Well done. Considerable action. Overly violent.
Ropajo
12/23/10 - slow around holidays
12/25/10
Mailmanr5
Seemed overly long but somewhat entertaining.
Ada-Marie
I enjoyed this book.
Andreas
exciting, thrilling, great!
Lourdes
Loved it!!!
Vivien
Vivien is currently reading it
Jun 16, 2015
  • Coward's Kiss
  • Knights of the Cross
  • Hollywood Tough (Shane Scully, #3)
  • Stolen Blessings
  • The Debt Collector (Sonora Blair, Book 4)
  • The Edge of Sleep
  • Explainers: The Complete Village Voice Strips, 1956-1966
  • Shadows (Craig Burch, #2)
  • The Social Climber's Handbook: A Novel
  • Four Corners of Night
  • Kill Shakespeare, Vol. 2: The Blast of War
  • Against the Wind
  • God Is A Bullet
  • Candyland
  • In for the Kill (Frank Quinn #2)
  • Hide Your Eyes
  • The Fourth Watcher (Poke Rafferty Mystery, #2)
  • Dogs of God
The first thing you should know about bestselling author James Grippando is that he is no longer clueless—so says his wife, Tiffany, after “A James Grippando Novel” was a clue for #38 Across in the New York Times crossword puzzle. James is the New York Times bestselling author of 22 novels of suspense, including eleven in the popular series featuring Miami criminal defense attorney Jack Swyteck. ...more
More about James Grippando...
When Darkness Falls (Jack Swyteck, #6) The Pardon (Jack Swyteck, #1) Money To Burn Lying With Strangers Got The Look (Jack Swyteck, #5)