Start by marking “Walking Wisdom: Three Generations, Two Dogs, and the Search for a Happy Life” as Want to Read:
Walking Wisdom: Three Generations, Two Dogs, and the Search for a Happy Life

Walking Wisdom: Three Generations, Two Dogs, and the Search for a Happy Life

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  96 ratings  ·  22 reviews

As far back as he can remember, every day of his life someone has asked Gotham Chopra what it was like to have Deepak Chopra as a father. They wanted to know if Gotham is a master practitioner of the Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, whether he is in Perfect Health, if he meditates all day—in short, if he lives the perfect spiritual life. The answer is no.

Gotham likes to co

Audio CD, 8 pages
Published October 5th 2010 by Blackstone Audio, Inc. (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Walking Wisdom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Walking Wisdom

Natalie
This is one of the best books I have read in a long time. I absolutely loved it. I was so touched by so many pieces of insight throughout the book that I often found tears in my eyes. It rates up there with Eat, Pray, Love. I highly recommend it.
Amy
I seem to be in the minority in my opinion of this book, but I think I expected something bigger and more substantive than I got from this book experience. There were brief moments of wisdom that resonated with me, but overall it felt like a book that existed because of the cache of the author's family name, rather than a book with true merit of it's own. Thinking that perhaps I read the book too quickly, I additionally listened to it on audio, but to my horror, the book was WORSE when read by t ...more
Amy
Such a sweet memoir. A fun mix of family, Indian culture and dogs! Like my daughter said, "Mom! That book was made for you!" Yup.
Lisa
This book was written by the son of bestselling author Deepak Chopra, who I greatly admire. It gives a glance into the family life of his extended family, focusing mainly on a dog named Cleo and all the amazing lessons about life and the pursuit of happiness that we can learn from our canine friends.

Overall, I really enjoyed the book and the reminders it gave me to enjoy life for what it is instead of always seeking something more. It's a great book about remaining present instead of getting cau
Cassandra Hawkins-Wilson
Yesterday, I signed up for a library card in Madison County. That was long overdue. I really don't know why it has taken me so long to go to the library. I also picked up my first audiobook, "Cinnamon Kiss," written by Walter Mosley.

I finished my first audiobook today. The name of the book was "Walking Wisdom," written by Gotham Chopra. He is the son of a "guru," Deepak Chopra. I did not know this before checking out the audiobook and downloading the audiobook from the Madison County Library. Ye
Granny
Enjoyable book especially parts about the dogs... would have been more enjoyable without the swearing, which wasn't even all that bad, (occasional "sh_t" thrown in), until the very end when he throws in the whole "F" bomb while quoting another person. I don't understand what the purpose of doing that is. I had invested all this time to read his book, and at the very end he spoils it all. He had used the term "F-ing" a couple of times through the book, which I can get through, but why throw in th ...more
gina
This book starts out in a way I cannot disagree with- Gotham discusses his absolute obsession with getting a dog when he was younger. His parents relent and he gets an awesome dog. The dog is wonderful, affects everyone in his own way, grows old and dies. This dogs story is more of a prologue than the meat of the story because, as an adult he gets a second dog which he shares with his girlfriend (who later becomes his wife) and we see the transition from college students, to married couple, to d ...more
Valerie
Jul 06, 2011 Valerie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: dog owners
Don't have a dog, but have been wanting one. All the revelations/reflections of owning a dog make me want a dog even more than before. An interesting approach to remembering and reflecting on the wisdom gained from owning a dog -- which unfortunately I can't relate to, but would like to. Good stories and memories tied more to the history of a dog rather than humans. Even a mention of Michael Jackson, who was a friend of Gotham Chopra. If you have a dog ( or are a dog fan) this is a book you will ...more
Holly Booms Walsh
A sweet and humble book of musings on fatherhood, having a famous father, family bonds, life , and the bonding you do with your dog. Full of endearing stories of a big extended family, this is a sentimental, reflective read. Bonus coolness for the stories about Michael Jackson, a personal friend of Gotham's. This is an easy but positive read. Gotham doesn't try to have all the answers like his father seems to... and that's okay.
Bruna Mikami
My friend gave me this book because he knows how much I love dogs. I thought it was meant to teacher us about the dog behaviour, their lessons for us, what can we learn having dogs, etc. But it turned out being a journey of the Chopras' life and philosophy. It's not a bad book, but as it is not what I expected, I never finished it. But if the person likes, it can be quite interesting because of the moral issuea.
Joyce
This book was just ok for me. I did like the message that there's a lot to be learned from a dog, but every dog owner knows that. But it goes further and connects to consciousness and the everyday life of the Chopra family. A new concept for me was the Nadi astrologers. So I learned a few new things and that's always good.
Jenny
There were lots of moments while reading this book that I stopped to really think about what was being said and how that related to me and my life. So it took a little longer to read but was worth it. It was fun to to get to see the softer more human side of Gothma's dad Deepak.
Tara
Simply put - I really enjoyed this book.

It made me laugh and it made me think. I enjoyed the converstaions between Gotham and his father, Deepak Chopra. I also enjoyed the "life lessons" that were told through the many relationships with Gotham's dog. Good book, all around.
Thimbleberry
I don't usually read books like this, afraid they will be too saccharine. I was pleasantly surprised in this one. Written and read by the son of Depak Chopra, it is a very human story about their family centered around the stories of their dogs. Quite enjoyed it :)
beatrice
Oct 27, 2010 beatrice is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
an intersting read and each chapter could stand alone. And an interesting view of Gotham's famous father Deepak. Chapter seven is a reread for me and I could use it as a meditation.
Lori
An interesting look at the relationship we have with our dogs. I enjoyed it but it really made me miss my dog. Not as sad as many of the dog/relationship books though.
Lynn Tatro
Gotham's writing is brilliant. The title says it all. A wonderfully woven glimpse into real lives and destiny, being present and compassion. A must read!
Lesley
Got bored. Perhaps it would be easier to read than listen to.
Trish
just picked this up at the library--stay tuned....
Kat
Lighthearted and inspiring.
Sherri Reneau
Sherri Reneau marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Preeya
Preeya marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Animax #1 - Free Preview Deepak Chopra Presents The Sadhu: When Realities Collide Walking Wisdom Familiar Strangers: Finding Wisdom In The Real World THE SADHU (Series 1), Issue 1