Start by marking “Full Figured 2” as Want to Read:
Full Figured 2

Full Figured 2 (Full Figured)

Age is just a number, and whoever said that fullfigured women don't know how to bring fire to a relationship was sadly mistaken.Carl Weber brings together two popular Urban Books divas to give readers what they've been asking for: passionate, empowering stories about the lives and loves of big, beautiful women. Newly divorced, 40yearold Desa Rae finds herself alone now tha ...more
Published October 25th 2006 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Full Figured 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Full Figured 2

Angelia
Feb 22, 2011 Angelia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
I was always told if you can't say anything good then don't say nothing at all.....
Authors & Readers Book Corner
Full Figured 2: Plus Size Divas by Alexis Nicole and Trista Russell is about woman dealing with issues related to their weight. In Back Side of Soul by Alexis Nicole, Simone is a college student who dreams of becoming a singer. Simone has a harmonious voice that proves she has what it takes to become a star. Simone's father on the other had has a different plane for his daughter's life.Jaylen Richards takes the Assistant Minister of Music at Greater Faith Baptist Church. Jaylen knows music just ...more
Mel
May 11, 2013 Mel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't realize that this was going to be two novellas. I guess it's safe to say the whole series is. Which isn't a bad thing. The first story was OK... Not bad, just a little predictable. I am a big Trista Russell fan so I loved the second one.
Carmen Blalock
Nov 07, 2010 Carmen Blalock rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carl Weber Presents Full Figured 2 Plus Sixed Divas has two short stories by Alexis Nicole and Trista Russell about what else, Full Figured Plus Sized Divas!!!!

Back Side of Soul by Alexis Nicole

Simone Davenport is a 22 year old daughter of Reverend and Mrs. Davenport who's dream is of becoming a singer. She has a voice that will melt butter along with everyone's hearts!! She sings in the church choir and is just fine with sitting in the background because she believes that is where she belongs b
Erica
Overall, 3.5 stars; first story - 4 stars, second story - 3 stars.

I definitely enjoyed the first story, by Alexis Nicole, better than the second one. The characters were more fully developed, the pacing was good, and I was able to get lost in the story much better. I enjoy stories about strong friendships and family connections, as well as sweet, just-blossoming romances.

The second story, by Trista Russell, suffered more than anything due to the quality of the writing. A good editor would have h
Wilki J
Oct 22, 2013 Wilki J rated it liked it
I picked this up because after reading Trista Russell's last book (which was real good) I wanted the same reading experience. I didn't get that..at all.
The thing about creating anthologies with other authors is that the rating is split based on the book overall, not just on one story read in the book. Well, at least that is how I am rating this book.

2.5*
The first story by Alexis Nicole was underwhelming at best. Started off promising, but the plot seemed to lack progression as the conflict was
Tina
Jan 19, 2015 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: plus-sized
Back Side Of Soul: the story left me wanting to know more about Jaylin & Simone's relationship. The story seemed disjointed to me. It was all right but there was too much woah is me I'm fat,

Smoke & Mirrors: loved it but I pretty much love everything Trista Russell writes. This frat like a complete story. I didn't feel cheated at all. I would like yo know what happens with the characters though.
Natasha
The first story was cute, dream-filled and had you hoping Simone would fulfill her dreams without tearing her family apart more. But when it came to the second story I wasn't expecting it to be so hot and sexy. They definitely had different levels of romance but I enjoyed both stories and loved the twist in the second one, just when you thought she had Mr. Right... From tame to steamy, both stories kept my attention equally.
Nicole
Nov 17, 2014 Nicole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a clear indication that you cant judge a book by its cover. Turns out Garcelle was just thirsty fir attention & I'm glad she began living for herself & not caring what others thought of her. Cortaz was scum s well as Bill & they deserved each other. Turns out that Jason was the sweetheart in the end though.
Tynece
Jul 28, 2012 Tynece rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed both stories the attitude of the father in the first had me talking out loud to the book. The opening incident in the second had me start a discussion in a group about it. I think everyone should check out the full figured book.
Pamela Lewis
Jan 17, 2011 Pamela Lewis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is so much I could say about this book. First and formost I am a full figured woman. It was nice to read a book about someone like myself. To see that there is hope and a bright future for women like myself.
Rachel
Apr 18, 2016 Rachel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a book with two short stories. You will find humor, drama last but never least romance!! Quick read!!
Sanabia
Jun 04, 2013 Sanabia rated it liked it
Awesome book. I'm a sucker for romance. Especially erotic romance ;)
Shavonne
The first story was a let down.
Kim
Not as good as the first one.
Marsha
Jan 17, 2015 Marsha rated it it was amazing
The drama in the lives of Desa Rae and Avery two full figured women. Pulling for a happy ever after for them.
La Niya
La Niya rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2013
Artesure
Artesure rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2015
Melissa wellinggton
Melissa wellinggton rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2012
Meika
Meika rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2013
Linda Smith
Linda Smith rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2013
Rosie Harvey
Rosie Harvey rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2012
Regina Alleyne
Regina Alleyne rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2017
Tijuan Brown
Tijuan Brown rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2012
Chayrra Tisdale
Chayrra Tisdale rated it liked it
Dec 11, 2012
Kathleen Manigo
Kathleen Manigo rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2014
sheraton james
sheraton james rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2016
Alicia
Alicia rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2011
Nichole
Nichole rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2014
  • A Dollar And A Dream
  • Dead Broke
  • Full Figured 7
  • Secrets of A Housewife
  • Sex in the Sanctuary (Hallelujah Love #1)
  • The Rich Girls' Club