Start by marking “Stop That Bull, Theseus! (Myth-O-Mania, #5)” as Want to Read:
Stop That Bull, Theseus! (Myth-O-Mania, #5)

Stop That Bull, Theseus! (Myth-O-Mania #5)

What a myth-o-maniac (old Greek-speak for liar)! Zeus's version of the myths is completely wrong. It's time to set the record straight. For the first time ever, Hades, King of the Underworld, reveals the true story behind the myths.This laugh-out-loud series of fractured Greek myths by best-selling author Kate McMullan is irreverent, irresistible, and totally twisted.That ...more
Published December 31st 2003 by Hyperion Books (first published February 1st 2003)

The Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanThe Lost Hero by Rick RiordanThe Goddess Test by Aimee CarterThe Last Olympian by Rick RiordanThe Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
YA Mythology Challenge
102nd out of 283 books — 412 voters
Muse Unexpected by V.C. BirlidisThe Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanThe Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick RiordanThe Last Olympian by Rick RiordanThe House of Hades by Rick Riordan
About Greek Myths
16th out of 57 books — 35 voters

More lists with this book...

Nicole
Jan 31, 2012 Nicole rated it really liked it
Fun read. This series presents the great Greek myths from the perspective of Hades who claims that Zeus' version has us seeing the reality skewed against him. In this one, Theseus is a forgetful hero that can't handle doing things the "easy" way. Easier reading level (simpler plot and vocabulary) than Percy Jackson novels.
Anthony Y
I have read stop that bull, Theseus. Hay here's analogie for you, Hercules ( as in my last review) is to needs help as Theseus is to needs reminders. That's right Theseus was very very very... Forgetful. And very stubborn. He whould always do the hard things all... The... Time.
Dolly
Aug 26, 2014 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read longer chapter books
This is the fifth book in the Myth-O-Mania series by Kate McMullan. These books are fun to read and have a youthful and humorous perspective that makes it simple for people to remember the various characters and their stories.

We are balancing these fun tales off with more classic fare, like The Wanderings of Odysseus: The Story of the Odyssey by Rosemary Sutcliff, so our girls can hear the original tales, too.

This book offers a humorous take on the story of Theseus - we really enjoyed the wit
Hao huang
Apr 23, 2013 Hao huang rated it it was amazing
Shelves: myth-o-mania
Stop That Bull, Theseus! Is the fifth series of Myth-O-Mania by Kate McMullan. This is about Hades’ brother Po, his son Theseus’ adventure story. At last Theseus became a hero with Hades’ help. (Even though Hades didn’t want to)

You may want to ask why Theseus needs help from Hades, I’ll use Hades’ words to say ‘It is Theseus who gave a new meaning to ‘I forget’’. (Theseus always forget things) So Hades has to help Theseus out as soon as he got into trouble. The story begins when Po asked Hades t
Arya
Aug 11, 2009 Arya rated it really liked it
Shelves: mythology
Fun, fun, fun!

This book is so cute! I love the fact that someone has given Hades a "good guy" part to play- FINALLY!!

I like this series, good, fast and fun summer reading!

We all know the story of Theseus and Ariadne, but is it the True story.
Well King Hades, Ruler of the Underworld is here to tell you that it is not the true story but just some rubbish his little brother Zeus came up with. You see Theseus was a hero, but he had this little thing called "short term memory loss". And the dreaded M
Owen
this is a book about greek myths from hadies's point of view. This one is about thesius and the bull. First hadies helps thesus get rid of the big bullies and they sighn underworld wresteling contract. He then goes to the laberinth and wrestels the minotour.

I can make a text to text connection to this book In the book thesus loved to wrestel and would wrestel everyone. In the show WWE smack down all is is is extream wresteling.

I would reccomend this book to people of all ages. It is writen ve
Raymond
Nov 13, 2008 Raymond rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone that like comedy
Shelves: quarter-2
This is totally different than the original myth. It starts out with Hades accompany Theseus because Poseidon ask him because he believe that Theseus is his son. They are going to the king who Theseus thinks is his father. On the road he defeat 3 bully but obvioulsy not by himself. He is really forgetful and after he finally find the king, he decide to take on the minotaur.
Miss Clark
Christy
Light and humorous. Picked it up for my 10-year old son to read, and I read it in a couple of hours on my own as well. I learned some new things about the Theseus myth even though this is an obvious departure from the original. I probably won't read any more books in the series, but I would recommend them to kids based on this one.
Ashley
Page Count: 192
Book 5
Recommended to: Fans of Greek mythology; ages 11-14

Note to self: research Procrustes

Pg. 92
Law firm of U.O. Plenty. haha

Overall, not as good as the others, but enjoyable. Theseus' forgetfulness was funny. Really wish Ariadne's tale could have been included more.
Kathy
Aug 27, 2012 Kathy rated it it was amazing
I love this series...just great couple of hours reads. Find myself learning about mythology painlessly. I consider these like the sherbert palate cleanser between courses...just a lovely little bite.
Arianna
Arianna rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Paul
Paul rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2014
Maggie
Maggie rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2013
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2009
Josh
Josh rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2014
Jhh
Jhh rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2012
Hong-An Truong
Hong-An Truong rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Emma Sanders
Emma Sanders rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Aly
Aly rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2012
Natalie
Natalie rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2014
Kieran
Kieran rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2013
Mark
Mark rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2012
Katherine
Katherine rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2009
Faith
Faith rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2015
Maddie
Maddie rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2013
Natalie
Natalie rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2012
Ella
Ella rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Jay
Jay rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2010
  • Nanny McPhee Returns
  • Eve Hallows and the Book of Shadows (The Nightmare Series, #2)
  • 3 Below (Floors, #2)
  • Sammy Keyes and the Night of Skulls (Sammy Keyes, #14)
  • The Soul Thief
  • Pantheons (Pantheons, #1)
  • Death is but a Dream
  • The Zombie Always Knocks Twice (Hollyweird, #1)
  • Remnants of the Damned (Abyssal Sanctuary, #1)
  • The Phantom of the Post Office (43 Old Cemetery Road, #4)
  • Loyalist to a Fault (The Dead Kid Detective Agency, #3)
  • Insect Invaders (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #11)
  • Trickery Treat (Charmed, #41)
  • The Edge (Peak, #2)

Myth-O-Mania (10 books)
  • Have a Hot Time, Hades! (Myth-O-Mania, #1)
  • Phone Home, Persephone! (Myth-O-Mania, #2)
  • Say Cheese, Medusa! (Myth-O-Mania, #3)
  • Nice Shot, Cupid! (Myth-O-Mania, #4)
  • Keep a Lid on It, Pandora! (Myth-O-Mania, #6)
  • Get to Work, Hercules! (Myth-O-Mania, #7)
  • Go for the Gold, Atalanta! (Myth-O-Mania, #8)
  • Hit the Road, Helen! (Myth-O-Mania, #9)
  • Get Lost, Odysseus! (Myth-O-Mania, #10)

“You are so bullheaded!” cried Aethra. “You must have gotten it from your father.” “I don’t think so,” muttered Po.” 0 likes
“Don’t have a cow,” 0 likes