Start by marking “The Three Bully Goats” as Want to Read:
The Three Bully Goats

The Three Bully Goats

When Gruff, Ruff, and Tuff, bully their way across a bridge and into a meadow -- teasing a kind ogre and butting small animals along the way. The ogre, frustrated that being friendly and polite didn't work, hatches a plan to teach the "bully" goats a lesson. This twist on "The Three Billy Goats Gruff" is a great read-aloud (and discussion starter) will have kids laughing i ...more
Published March 1st 2011 by Albert Whitman & Company

To ask other readers questions about The Three Bully Goats, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Three Bully Goats

Connie
May 23, 2011 Connie rated it really liked it
Shelves: jv
Sometimes it takes a powerful response to overcome a bully.
Bethany
Message-heavy
Natalie  Sapkarov Harvey
Not sure I appreciate the message in this one - stand up to bullies by skunking them. Hmm.
Koorihime-sama
May 27, 2011 Koorihime-sama rated it it was amazing
CHECKED OUT THE BOOK FROM MY PUBLIC LIBRARY.

APART OF THE GOODREADS 2011 READING CHALLENGE.

Review/Rating:

5 out of 5

Ease of Reading Text: 5 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Plot: 5 out of 5

Three goats, Gruff, Rugg, and Tuff, are nothing but bullies to everyone in the meadow. When they pass over the little ogre’s bridge, they ruin the peace on the other side of the meadow. However, the bullies will learn their lesson, when they pick on the wrong animal.

This book puts a very nice twist on the childr
RLL22016Catherine Cooper
Oct 18, 2016 RLL22016Catherine Cooper rated it it was amazing
Here bully goats gruff was such a great book! I loved the story. I picked this story because I read it to my class of 3-5 year olds and they were so I tuned with the story. The descriptive words that he author uses to describe the troll, and the vibrant colors in the book are what make this such a great read. The way the story is written allows for me the reader to give it such life because of the descriptions, and adjectives used. It had words that I could help explain to my students, and it ca ...more
Amy
Apr 27, 2012 Amy rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens, reviewed
My nephew pulled this one off the shelf at the library today, and he seemed to think it was an acceptable book. I wasn't sure that he was really tuning in to the words of the story, but he was certainly absorbing the pictures. He wanted to check this one out, but I sat it down and forgot it. He was able to relay this story to his sister, however, and much to my surprise, he actually *had* been listening to the words!

It was a fine enough story. I think that there are better books about bullies ou
Heidi-Marie
Love the illustrations in this, especially of the other animals and their expressions. And I really liked the twist of this story. I wasn't too keen on the writing. What was up with "Brazil" in the taunting chant? It didn't fit in at all! And I didn't like the use of "stinky heads," since it wasn't the animal's heads that were stinky. The story has promise, but if I were to tell it--either in a storytime or a lapread, I'd tell it in my own words.
Angie
Apr 28, 2012 Angie rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture
Eh. In the quest for stories to "start discussions" about bullying we were bound to get some less than fantastic ones.

Is it BAD? No. Is it GOOD? No. Not that, either. The kids may still like it. Haven't decided yet if I think that is OK or not. :/
Callie Risse
Nov 14, 2011 Callie Risse rated it really liked it
I used this book with second grade students to teach them how to compare and contrast 2 stories. My favorite thing about this book is the bright color on each page; it made all of the children want to read it.
Samantha
Mar 11, 2011 Samantha rated it liked it
This book reads a lot like The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs in that the innocent goats are cast as the bad guys and the troll, or in this story ogre, is the victim. A funny take on a classic fairy tale. This would be a good read aloud for lower elementary school students.
Smbyrne
Nov 12, 2014 Smbyrne rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book, bullies
This is the story of three "bully" goats. They learn a lesson from a sweet ogre and some baby skunks.
Valerie
Valerie rated it it was ok
Jul 21, 2011
April
April rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2016
Brian
Brian rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2011
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2012
Tristan Flatt
Tristan Flatt rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2014
h
Mar 09, 2011 h rated it liked it
Odae
Odae rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2014
Sarah rated it it was ok
Nov 14, 2011
Anne
Anne rated it it was ok
Jun 23, 2016
Matthew
Matthew rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
May 31, 2012
Lindsay Fouts
Lindsay Fouts rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2015
Heidi
Heidi rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2014
Gracie
Gracie rated it did not like it
Mar 08, 2014
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
May 13, 2013
Sarah BT
Sarah BT rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2011
Kris Siegel
Kris Siegel rated it really liked it
May 16, 2012
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2012
Susan Erhardt
Susan Erhardt rated it really liked it
May 10, 2011