Start by marking “10 Fun Things to Do With Your Microwave” as Want to Read:
10 Fun Things to Do With Your Microwave

10 Fun Things to Do With Your Microwave

2.85 of 5 stars 2.85  ·  rating details  ·  162 ratings  ·  14 reviews
10 Fun Things to Do With Your Microwave gives you full step-by-step instructions for fun projects you can do with your microwave. Learn how to make peanut brittle and dye wool, and all about what will or won't blow up when nuked! All projects come from Instructables.com, are written by home-microwaving experts, and contain pictures for each step so you can easily try it at ...more
Published January 3rd 2011 by Instructables

To ask other readers questions about 10 Fun Things to Do With Your Microwave, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 10 Fun Things to Do With Your Microwave

Julie Barrett
10 Fun Things To Do With Your Microwave by Instructables.com. Kindle Edition.
Although there are notices posted everywhere these can do harm to you.
Everything from putting a grape in the oven to Ivory soap. There are chemical reactions that happen with the microwave radiation that occurs.
There are videos to click on to view what happens.
Shell candles looked ok but could go wrong in a quick hurry if you're not careful.
Chocolate cake or a brownie in a mug sounds like an idea for just two people, r
Rebecca
The cover was misleading. It was more about technology and taking microwaves apart - 'science stuff'. The food-related things weren't executed well, bad photos too. Luckily I saw this book via the ibooks for free. :(.
Lorrien
Interesting

There are many good things about this book, and a few weird things too. There are recipes for candles, cakes, brittle and dying yarn. Then there are instructions for things like turning your microwave into an arc welder. There are many links to other websites for similar projects for each recipe. Many pictures of the different steps.
Jody
The things suggested as science experiments didn't sound safe and not anything to do with children around who might try it on their own later. I wanted easy things to fix to eat from my microwave, not put a light bulb in the microwave. Common sense tells me that it will most likely explode and the metal parts might cause sparks and a fire. Not a good idea if you want your microwave to keep working. BE WARNED ~ NOT FOOD RECIPES BUT CRAZY SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS THAT COULD DAMAGE A MICROWAVE and that ...more
GoldenjoyBazyll
Dec 08, 2011 GoldenjoyBazyll rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Scientist Sarah
Recommended to GoldenjoyBazyll by: It came to me in a dream!
Shelves: how-to
Take a part a micro wave for fun... well, ahhhh NO! Create a tool for welding.... interesting but ahhh.... I think NOT!..... coffee cup chocolate cake..... Now you are talking!!! Any chance of that cake being low carb????

Ok so the low carb thing is a bit much to hope for but the book is a fun science gone crazy type book. I particularly got a kick out of figuring out the speed of light by melting hot spots into chocolate.

As the authors say.... anything can be totally cook if you wear safety gogg
Vonze (Yvonne)
This free e-book from itunes was just okay. It's a step-by-step guide with photos. The cover and title led me to believe that it was a microwave cookbook. I didn't realize that when it says "Things to DO with your microwave" that includes taking a microwave apart and welding. Not really my idea of fun, but it was interesting to look at the pictures of the process. My favorite sections were the recipes and the microwave candle making guide. Projects that I might actually try.
Candice
This was an okay instruction manual for doing some pretty interesting things with a microwave, but I'm not sure I see the commercial appeal in putting a recipe for microwaved cake right next to a how-to on the steps to weld yourself a light show. Still, it was an interesting read.
Michelina
Read the 'e-book' for yourself and try it, it's free and VERY fun. But, yah, I wouldn't recomend you microwave any old type of hand soap...really. Be warned :)
Beth
When I opened this, I figured it would be mostly about things like what's pictured on the cover. But with contributions from MIT, lots of fun to read!
Devin Lind
I was quite underwhelmed with this book, and abandoned it. The editing leaves some to be desired, and the videos are not playable on the Android app.
Tori
Some of the ideas in this book were really neat looking but some were unappealing. Reminded me of a "try this at your own risk" type of book.
Jenn
A free read on my iPad that was somewhat interesting. I'm not sure who has "fun" taking a part a microwave....
Carmen
I doubt I'll ever feel the need to take apart a microwave, but hey! If I ever do, I have the instructions!
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Emma Donovan
Emma Donovan marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Karen Reynolds
Karen Reynolds marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Cherri St Pierre
Cherri St Pierre marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Peggy
Peggy marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
jonlenning
jonlenning marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
  • Salads for Every Season: 25 Recipes from Earthbound Farm
  • Dinners Made Easy
  • Circle of Friends Cookbook - 25 Savory Pie Recipes
  • Aprovecho: A Mexican-American Border Cookbook (Hippocrene Cookbook Library)
  • The Everything Potluck Cookbook (Everything Series)
  • DIY Cocktails: A simple guide to creating your own signature drinks
  • Soup and Bread Cookbook: Building Community One Pot at a Time
  • The Guilt Free 3
  • 1,001 Best Grilling Recipes: Delicious, Easy-to-Make Recipes from Around the World
  • Eat, Read, Love: Romance and Recipes From the Ruby-Slippered Sisterhood
  • Easy Vegetarian Recipes
  • Slow Cooker 101: Master the Slow Cooker with 101 Great Recipes
  • The Breakfast Taco Book
  • 5 Ingredients 15 Minutes Prep Time Slow Cooker Cookbook
  • Easy Recipes for Summer Cooking: A short collection of receipes from Donal Skehan, Sheila Kiely and Rosanne Hewitt-Cromwell
  • 20 Best Summer Drink Recipes
  • The 2011 Book Blogger's Cookbook (The Book Blogger's Cookbook)
  • Smart Cooking for Busy People: How to Make Healthy and Tasty Full Meals in 30 Minutes
easy Appetizer Recipes Practical Duct Tape Projects Halloween Food Duct Tape Bags Amazing Cakes