Start by marking “Touching Ice (Cyborg Seduction, #4)” as Want to Read:
Touching Ice (Cyborg Seduction, #4)

Touching Ice (Cyborg Seduction #4)

4.14  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,765 Ratings  ·  138 Reviews
Book 4 in the Cyborg Seduction series. What can go wrong overseeing a bunch of android sex bots on an automated whorehouse in deep space? Great job, if Megan doesn’t die of boredom. Then she catches sight of the sexiest male she’s ever seen. On her grainy security monitor, she watches all his sexual exploits with the bots, and fantasizes. But that’s all she can do because ...more
Published November 26th 2010 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Touching Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Touching Ice

Sammy Loves Books
Wow!!! Ice is a cyborg that enjoys sex and refuses to go without.

Ice

When a trip to the "robot brothel" for a little artificial loving goes wrong, Ice finds himself in possession of a Sex Bot. Only this Sex Bot is a human, trying to pretend to be a robot.
“You sure you want me inside you, Megan? Are you programmed for this? I wouldn’t
want to blow any of your circuits. You can tell me it’s not in your parameters. It would be okay and I wouldn’t be upset.”

Megan is the programmer in charge of a spac
Jane Stewart
Hot sex with an intelligent story. I enjoyed it. 4 stars to the first half, 3 stars to the last half.

STORY BRIEF:
Folion is a floating whorehouse in space. All the working girls are androbots. Clara the computer runs things, but one human is onboard as a safety backup – Megan. Cyborgs are humans with some computer-type implants. Earth humans tried to kill them all, but some escaped and now live on other planets. Ice is a cyborg who has visited Folion several times. When he’s onboard, Megan secre
StellaR
The bots had their own brothel!!

and the prostitutes were autobots...

"May I be of service?"

Megan worked as a programmer in the spaceship which was actually served as a whorehouse. She had been secretly watching Ice Cyborg everytime he visited the brothel. One day there was a crash, Megan and the autobots were rescued by Ice's ship.

I love how the author brought new development to the series. The cyborgs were facing another threat not just from human, their existence could be known and it's da
Jacqueline
I think this is my favorite of the cyborg seduction series so far. The emotional punch of the story was the strongest yet. There was some serious angst/pathos here. Megan is already enthralled with Ice before the story begins so there isn't any question of Stockholm syndrome. (All of the stories in this series so far have involved captured Earth women in one way or another). Even though Megan is not a real kick butt heroine, neither is she a wimp. She is a computer programmer who is a bit naive ...more
Dinjolina
description

Cute,right? Well,wrong when your sex cyborg tells you he has 28 of them all over his home planet.
Yeah,yeah,yeah,poor him,blah blah. That is the point blah blah.

But it,just,is,not,sexy!!!

Other then that the book is super!
Future Slayer Girl
Ice has been my favorite so far. We got to see some of the male POV and I think that might be why. He was the most agreeable about the whole ending up with a human scenario. I like him a lot!!!!!

The only issue I am having with this books, is that NONE of the human females met one another. In the New Species books they have interactions. I would like to see them have some bonding. They are suck in testosterone world with all these males all the time, I think they need the break of having moments
Chappy
Megan is so lonely as the only human programmer on the space brothel Folion. Her only companions are the annoying computer and the sex bots. When a tall, gray and sexy cyborg visits the establishment she's hooked and not above spying and fantasizing.

When some drunk idiot crashes his ship into the Folion, she must evacuate with the sex bots. She ends up on Ice's ship and pretends she's also a sex bot (since no humans are supposed to be on the brothel ship). Ice knows she's human but doesn't know
 B.E.Love
Aug 09, 2014 B.E.Love rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
re-read, 4 1/2 stars This is book four in The Cyborg series and it is very apparent that we can count on Laurann to give us not only a great story but an original story with another hot hero. Megan has watched Ice for months in her closed off room were she monitors the BOTS and the clients. The second she saw him she new she wanted him but knew she wold never get the chance to even meet him or know his name. Till one day a ship damages her ship beyond repair and she is forced to leave. The only ...more
Karen
Ice has been visiting a sex box on FOLION station for months now. Off and on... he wants no female or human contact no love no emotion..

but when he visits there one day another tanker is coming for a party and they are drunk and come in to fast and hit the station.

They cyborgs save 12 bots and one human.. who pretends to be a new sex bot that looks more human, it is all she can do since it is knowns cyborgs are knows to hack up humans for organs and body parts... true or not she does not know..
Reie
Aug 11, 2014 Reie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
4 stars

Oh boy this series is addictive and surely it gets better!

What I Liked.

I enjoyed the plotline. It was thrilling and TBH I skimmed most of the steamy scenes just because I was anticipating the next action pack.

The main characters were likable. Megan is funny and witty. I loved every time she talked about programming stuffs. It felt nice to know something new about this new world mixed of humans, cyborgs, pirates and the new one, robots or bots. I enjoyed reading about Ice too. He was tortu
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
I love Dohner's Cyborg series and the world she's built in them. It's fascinating and tragic which is a very good combo to throw a romance into. In particular I always liked how alpha the cyborg men are - except with their own women (you'll have to read the series to find out why that is). Ice in past books was just as domineering as the others (Flint, Steel, etc) but in this one I found Megan to be just too bossy with him. She's really in command much of the time in spite of his kind of lackada ...more
gert
Dec 18, 2010 gert rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
yeah. i think i'm a bit weird. love the premise of this series. cyborgs. big, gigantic men with big, gigantic penises. human women - some brash, some wimpy, all soon consumed with the need to have sex with aforementioned big, gigantic penises.

don't get me wrong, though. this book is SF erotica. but the back story/world building is cool, and there is absolutely an emotional element. and although i may be a bit weird - i'm also evidently a bit of a puritan. because all the relationships end up bei
Christine
Feb 02, 2015 Christine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hot damn! I read this book a while two weeks ago and it still is not out of my mind!

Damn.
Tina
Dec 17, 2010 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the book and Ice's character. Liked the story more than the sex in the story. Yes there is sex but I would still like the book without the sex in it. The addition of the new threat in this universe was interesting. I really wanted to know what happened to Coal. Sky was pretty funny too. There are brief interactions with the previous Cyborgs but they are just mentioned in passing nothing is really added about their story.

I will definitely keep reading Laurann Dohner's books. So far I have l
Lori
Nov 11, 2015 Lori rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Carmen
Apr 13, 2012 Carmen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dohner
Megan is rescued when cyborgs find a distressed pleasureship carrying sex robots. As the only human programmer on the ship, she is willing to do anything in this human unfriendly world, to capture the attention and protection of tall gray and sexy.

Another great little story by Dohner.
Amanda Sheila
3.5 stars, good but I was hoping for more.. You know, drama.

But overall, I loved it! Mostly because the plot is definitely different than I though it would be Hahaha. This series is my guilty pleasures. So going to read more! ;)
Dina
3.5 stars (rounded up to 4 stars because this book's plot is much better than the previous books' which received "only" 3 stars from dear me, myself and Dina)
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Every girl should have a cyborg boyfriend like Ice, hot and sexy and willing to die in battle for you. Ice is part of a cyborg group of warriors roaming the universe. When they find a distressed ship that is carrying sex robots that need saving, for him, this is a two for the price of one good deal. Megan has watched Ice every time he came to the station to make use of the robots, fantasizing about him. When she is rescued along sex robots, she’s not passing up a golden opportunity to have the c ...more
Paranormal Kiss
Touching Ice by Laurann Dohner is an excellent addition to her Cyborg Seduction series. This one features Ice, a Cyborg and Megan a human. Their romance is full of hot sex scenes while the threat of death stalks Megan’s footsteps. Both characters are well done and a joy to read about. Megan is smart and not afraid to go after what she wants which is Ice. Ice is a tough Cyborg, unused to forming attachments to the opposite sex. That changes after he spends some time with Megan. His back story and ...more
LynnMarie
Dec 09, 2010 LynnMarie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hunter's Review

This was a really fun installment in the Cyborg Seduction series. Ms. Dohner has created a world that is certainly worth visiting again and again. In this story, the heroine is a smart, competent woman who has no choice but to risk it all in order to survive. The good news? Ice is up to the task of keeping her safe and loving her, even if he doesn’t think he can.

Reading these books is always fascinating to me because Dohner makes us examine not just the love of two people from di
Taria Reed
Oh I liked this book alot!! I Started this series a few years ago and after the first book I said "oh hell no". IN the first chapter of that book there was a forced seduction and I am NOT down with that mess. So I nixed the series and wrote it off. Well I saw that book two did the same and book 3 had a woman raping a male. NOT COOL. Sooooooo.......

I saw one of my friends read this book and she said that it moved away from that forced situation. I listened to the preview and I liked what I heard.
Kimberlee
Mar 19, 2014 Kimberlee rated it it was amazing
Originally read 5/19/2011
Reread 3/18/2014

I just absolutely love this series. This time we have Ice Cyborg, who will finally have control of his destiny. Maybe until he meets Megan who is a programmer that has been spying on the tall dark and handsome Ice for months. Pretending to be a sex bot herself, finds out that pretending is harder to do than she thought. The council decides she must be put to death and Ice realizes that does not work for him at all. Definite five stars in my book.
Erin
This was the FIRST book in the series that I didn't dislike in really any way. And I didn't immediately scream RAPE.

I cannot believe it took 4 books to get into the series. Even her Werewolf series that I really wasn't sure I liked at first had me sucked in by the end of the first book, and definitely the second book. (Actually, I'll be quite sad if there isn't a 4th book in the series at this point.)

I liked Ice. But then, I liked Ice in the last book. However, I think it's because he wasn't nea
Brendy
Jun 30, 2015 Brendy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rough-red, out-space
As I've already said once: never getting disappointed with Laurann Dohner , just waiting for her to recover and get herself better; she really is a talented writer.
I'm into series that allows the reader to keep having interaction with the old characters of the preview books so yeah! this series is one of those, we get to Know about Flint (book 1) and about Steele (book 3); we even get to read a little comparison between all of them regarding their wives- even though we don't read much about the
Jacqueline Gonzales
This is my same comment on Amazon.com

Opposite from his name, Cyborg Ice is far from chilly, but incredibly hot! This is book 4 in the Cyborg series, by Dohner. I couldn’t put it down. I was drawn from the start to the story, and the magnificent plot Dohner created. The concept is ridiculously enchanting, and altogether addicting with every page-turn. You don’t have to know the previous books to delve into this one. It really is a stand-alone book.

From the start, the reader is introduced to Mega
Anna O
Jul 19, 2014 Anna O rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: laurann-dohner
I listened to this book on audibles. These are erotic novels, so the sex is explicit. Do not purchase if this bothers you.

Touching Ice is the fourth book in the series and my favorite so far. I loved this couple. Meagan was so sweet and loving. Ice is unique, he is claustrophobic, he has unusual coloring, and is a nice guy. He has vowed never to get emotionally involved with a woman due to having been used so much by his people.

Due to his unique coloring and cyborg law regarding the rare numbe
Lori
Genre: Erotica Sci-fi Romance

Main characters: Megan and Ice

Megan: Human female who monitors the workings of a whorehouse located in space. Although against the rules, she secretly watches Ice and his sexual antics and fantasizes about him. She is intelligent and caring and becomes protective of Ice.

Ice: Male Cyborg who frequents the whorehouse and is, unknowingly, the star in a human woman's fantasy. He has a dominant personality and exhibits a kind heart.

Synopsis:
Megan can admire from afar, b
Nikki Wilde
Nov 29, 2015 Nikki Wilde rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh Megan, what a brave stupid girl. Pretending to be a sex bot to try to save her life. For months she's been watching the beautiful tall, grey, sexy cyborg. So when she finds herself running for her life from her compromised ship she's shocked to see him and other cyborgs alive. She tries to play a human upgrade sex bot to not only get her hands on Ice but to also save her life from them. After all, cyborgs are dangerous, right?

Aw, poor Megan. I felt for her. It was obvious from the beginning
Lynsey A
Oops. Finished this last week but forgot to update my status.

Liked the characters very much in this one. Megan wasn't an annoying heroine. I loved Ice's vulnerability in regards to his claustrophobia. It was a cute moment when the others opened the pod and saw them.

I certainly hope Zorus can be redeemed because he is an ass!
  • Cyborg (Cyberevolution, #4)
  • Lyon's Price (Zodiac Cyborgs, #1)
  • F814 (Cyborgs: More Than Machines, #2)
  • Calder (Tales of the Shareem, #4)
  • Charlie's Bargain
  • The Playful Prince (Lords of the Var, #2)
  • Brianna (Celestial Passions, #1)
  • Armor (New World, #2)
3190846
I had a rather short area here telling a little about me but then I had more than a few people ask me to expand it so... here goes. LOL. I'm a full time home 'supervisor' which is a nice word for saying I'm a housewife. I'm married happily, I met my dream guy 20 years ago, and we have 4 children. I live in Southern California and I can't function without iced coffee. I believe in romance, I've alw ...more
More about Laurann Dohner...

Cyborg Seduction (8 books)
  • Burning Up Flint (Cyborg Seduction, #1)
  • Kissing Steel (Cyborg Seduction, #2)
  • Melting Iron (Cyborg Seduction, #3)
  • Stealing Coal (Cyborg Seduction, #5)
  • Redeeming Zorus (Cyborg Seduction, #6)
  • Taunting Krell (Cyborg Seduction, #7)
  • Haunting Blackie (Cyborg Seduction, #8)